Stats: 3,151,439 members, 7,812,312 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

Help Me Identify This Caucasian Shepherd - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Help Me Identify This Caucasian Shepherd (1332 Views)

Can You Identify This Snake? / Suggest A Fancy Male Name For This Caucasian Puppy / Pls Is This Caucasian Puppy Full Enough...... And Is It Okay For 5mnts Old (2) (3) (4)

Help Me Identify This Caucasian Shepherd by ToluOfAbuja(f): 2:23pm On Nov 27, 2023
I got this picture of a Caucasian I'm to pickup today. It's 4 weeks old and hasn't been vaccinated. Kindly advice . Attached are pictures of the puppies and their mother. Thank you all

Please I need your inputs, is this a pure breed?

I will also like to buy American Eskimo, anyone who wants to sell in Abuja should leave a message.

Re: Help Me Identify This Caucasian Shepherd by ToluOfAbuja(f): 7:12am On Nov 28, 2023
Not even a single response to help ascertain it's a good buy.. I'm sure I am in the right section

Happy New Year everyone
Thanks for the response..

I've not been keeping up with my post here

About the picture I shared, I asked the seller to meet up at the Vet and that was where it was confirmed to be a German Shepherd, he tried selling it off to me cos I requested for female Caucasian Shepherd, where as he only has male Caucasian. ..

I got my puppy and dewormed her and she got antibiotics shot same day.

We were scheduled for vaccination and I've kept to all her dates.

I'll be sharing her pictures
Re: Help Me Identify This Caucasian Shepherd by elkharpone: 9:36am On Nov 28, 2023
ToluOfAbuja:
Not even a single response to help ascertain it's a good buy.. I'm sure I am in the right section
are you sure that’s the mother?

Ask the person to make a video of the mother with the puppies and they should say today’s date……once received carefully listen to the video to know if it’s a voice over.

Also request for the father’s video/picture.

Do not pay before receiving the dog.

You can’t really tell from the picture if the puppies are pure

DO NOT BUY A PUPPY THATS 4 WEEKS OLD

That puppy is still weaning off breast milk.

From 6weeks is okay.

Make sure the dog is vaccinated at 6weeks and has a Petcard to show the vaccination details

Re: Help Me Identify This Caucasian Shepherd by ToluOfAbuja(f): 10:10am On Nov 28, 2023
Thank you for the response.

He said the puppy is 4weeks old and hasn't been vaccinated. I was supposed to pick up yesterday but since no one replied, I postponed it to this afternoon.

He sent a video of the mother but without the puppies

I intend taking the puppy for vaccination today once I buy

I won't be making payment until I get the puppy,I might just ask him to meet me at the vet clinic

Thank you
Re: Help Me Identify This Caucasian Shepherd by elkharpone: 11:42am On Nov 28, 2023
ToluOfAbuja:
Thank you for the response.

He said the puppy is 4weeks old and hasn't been vaccinated. I was supposed to pick up yesterday but since no one replied, I postponed it to this afternoon.

He sent a video of the mother but without the puppies

I intend taking the puppy for vaccination today once I buy

I won't be making payment until I get the puppy,I might just ask him to meet me at the vet clinic

Thank you
I said don’t buy a 4weeks old puppy

Wait till the puppy is 6-8weeks

Vaccinations start from 6weeks

Plus that puppy of 4weeks is too small to leave it’s mother side now.

If e later die for your hand, that’s definitely on you
Re: Help Me Identify This Caucasian Shepherd by elkharpone: 11:43am On Nov 28, 2023
Ask for the mating video

So you don’t Goan buy a mixed local dog
Re: Help Me Identify This Caucasian Shepherd by verminnel(f): 1:07pm On Nov 28, 2023
Those pups don't look like the said mother except of course she was mated with a male not as good as her.let the seller video the pups with the said mother as she is suckling them just so u can be sure its not a case of he showing u a different dog to make u buy his

Re: Help Me Identify This Caucasian Shepherd by elkharpone: 1:11pm On Nov 28, 2023
verminnel:
Those pups don't look like the said mother except of course she was mated with a male not as good as her.let the seller video the pups with the said mother as she is suckling them just so u can be sure its not a case of he showing u a different dog to make u buy his
Exactly

But If they’re pure breeds, their coat will still change later
Re: Help Me Identify This Caucasian Shepherd by Namdeenero(m): 2:26pm On Nov 28, 2023
Those puppies are not from that female. Whenever I see a zoomed video of a puppy or an adult dog I always assume the person is not serious or a scammer. The picture of the dam is a screenshot from a zoomed video. Do not buy a puppy at 4 weeks old. I can tell you those pups are the result of a Caucasian Shepherd x Local Dog combo in Jos

Re: Help Me Identify This Caucasian Shepherd by MatrixReloaded: 1:05pm On Nov 29, 2023
Local dogs oshi.. grin grin
By their paws 🐾 u already tell how wicked humans are...
Re: Help Me Identify This Caucasian Shepherd by elkharpone: 2:13am On Nov 30, 2023
MatrixReloaded:
Local dogs oshi.. grin grin
By their paws 🐾 u already tell how wicked humans are...
You're very wrong bro, Some Caucasian dogs have white legs, so that’s definitely not a good way to know if the dog is mixed.

That’s the reason why people tend to buy pedigree dogs, cause you can trace some of it’s generations.

Our best bet here is to get the true visuals of the parents so we can be sure of what the puppy might look like when it grows
Re: Help Me Identify This Caucasian Shepherd by ToluOfAbuja(f): 4:37pm On Jan 08
Hi

My name is Ola but my #furmom calls me Ollybaby. I'm a female GSD. I'm 12 weeks old. I took my last shot of DHLPP and ARV on Saturday 6th January.

My doc says it's safe to go on walks now

You'll see more of me here.

Thank you 🐕

Re: Help Me Identify This Caucasian Shepherd by ToluOfAbuja(f): 4:41pm On Jan 08
Happy New Year everyone
Thanks for the response..

I've not been keeping up with my post here

About the picture I shared, I asked the seller to meet up at the Vet and that was where it was confirmed to be a German Shepherd, he tried selling it off to me cos I requested for female Caucasian Shepherd, where as he only has male Caucasian. ..

I got my puppy and dewormed her and she got antibiotics shot same day.

We were scheduled for vaccination and I've kept to all her dates.

I'll be sharing her pictures
Re: Help Me Identify This Caucasian Shepherd by ToluOfAbuja(f): 4:44pm On Jan 08
Hi 🐕

Re: Help Me Identify This Caucasian Shepherd by ToluOfAbuja(f): 8:56pm On Jan 08
Good evening all

I need your input on this matter please...

My vet said DHLPP shot should be 4 and not 3.. he has it written boldly in his clinic. However, when I took Ola for her last vaccination, I decided to use a different Vet just to get a different opinion on my puppy and buy some other puppy stuff that he doesn't have.. the new vet told me it's just 3 sessions and all I need do now is to bring her for ARV in 2025... He said deworming and antibiotics will still continue.

Kindly advise as I wouldn't want to miss the 4th DHLPP if it's necessary...

Thank you
Re: Help Me Identify This Caucasian Shepherd by elkharpone: 12:37am On Jan 10
ToluOfAbuja:
Good evening all

I need your input on this matter please...

My vet said DHLPP shot should be 4 and not 3.. he has it written boldly in his clinic. However, when I took Ola for her last vaccination, I decided to use a different Vet just to get a different opinion on my puppy and buy some other puppy stuff that he doesn't have.. the new vet told me it's just 3 sessions and all I need do now is to bring her for ARV in 2025... He said deworming and antibiotics will still continue.

Kindly advise as I wouldn't want to miss the 4th DHLPP if it's necessary...

Thank you

I know of three sessions

Dunno what your first vet is saying

Probably it’s another means to swindle you

Most of these vets look out for first time dog owners so they can swindle them, since they don’t really know much bout dogs
Re: Help Me Identify This Caucasian Shepherd by ToluOfAbuja(f): 11:26pm On Jan 10
Thank you so much

I appreciate your response

I noticed few things about him and that was why I tried seeking someone else's opinion...

I'll stick with the new vet as he's an elderly man and seem more approachable...
Re: Help Me Identify This Caucasian Shepherd by elkharpone: 9:31am On Jan 11
ToluOfAbuja:
Thank you so much

I appreciate your response

I noticed few things about him and that was why I tried seeking someone else's opinion...

I'll stick with the new vet as he's an elderly man and seem more approachable...
Better

And remember there are a lot of quack vet doctors out there.
Re: Help Me Identify This Caucasian Shepherd by kals4luv990(m): 10:44pm On Jan 11
That puppy ain't no pure shepherd,I repeat that puppy no pure
There is a trace of calabar in it oo
Re: Help Me Identify This Caucasian Shepherd by ToluOfAbuja(f): 10:50pm On Jan 19
Hi everyone

Kindly help me explain what's wrong with Ola.

I noticed that few days after she took her last shot of DHLPP and ARV, her voice was gone. Her barks and cries became inaudible, so I decided to go to the vet after watching for some days.

The vet prescribed Amoxicillin Oral Suspension saying it's respiratory infection.

I've been on it and still no improvement.

PS . She was restless the day she took the last shot and limbed for few days afterwards before I discovered the loss of voice.

Kindly help me out..
Re: Help Me Identify This Caucasian Shepherd by ToluOfAbuja(f): 7:29pm On Jan 20
Hi house

Please suggest what I need to do. Ola doesn't bark loudly anymore and when she doesn't make any sound when she tries to cry. I'm still giving her the Ampicillin. Thank you
Re: Help Me Identify This Caucasian Shepherd by Silentgroper(m): 11:02am On Jan 21
I got no idea to why she's isn't barking ..

Another angle to consider is the fact that she might be/or is a mixed breed and you know ekuke don't bark ..

So I'd say maybe that trait is starting to kick in ...

Or she does have a respiratory infection or something ..

You can do a Google search as to why ola is like that..
Re: Help Me Identify This Caucasian Shepherd by Haroldjunior80(m): 11:56am On Jan 21
ToluOfAbuja:
Hi house

Please suggest what I need to do. Ola doesn't bark loudly anymore and when she doesn't make any sound when she tries to cry. I'm still giving her the Ampicillin. Thank you
Why are you giving her ampicillin? Who prescribed it? Is it human ampicillin you’re administering?
No go kill that puppy o!
Re: Help Me Identify This Caucasian Shepherd by Haroldjunior80(m): 12:02pm On Jan 21
Silentgroper:
I got no idea to why she's isn't barking ..

Another angle to consider is the fact that she might be/or is a mixed breed and you know ekuke don't bark ..

So I'd say maybe that trait is starting to kick in ...

Or she does have a respiratory infection or something ..

You can do a Google search as to why ola is like that..

Firstly, who tell you say local dog no dey bark?! The way people slander the breed ehn! Except the ones in your area don’t have sense… but the ones in my area, and I’m pretty sure where other people are, them dey bark ehn. If them pursue you here!
Secondly, do not google anything, make you no go kill that dog. Take the dog to a proper veterinary clinic. A lot of “vets” aren’t qualified o, na quack them be finish! Be careful too. Please don’t administer anymore human medication to the puppy if you do not have prior knowledge of how the dosages work, OP.

Re: Help Me Identify This Caucasian Shepherd by ToluOfAbuja(f): 1:52am On Jan 24
Thank you all for the response.

The new vet I spoke about earlier prescribed Amoxicillin, she will finish the dosage today.
Re: Help Me Identify This Caucasian Shepherd by ToluOfAbuja(f): 1:54am On Jan 24
Haroldjunior80:

Why are you giving her ampicillin? Who prescribed it? Is it human ampicillin you’re administering?
No go kill that puppy o!

It's Baby's Amoxicillin. I will post the picture of the drug in the morning. She's healthy generally, I just believe her voice isn't has loud as it used to be. Thank you for your response
Re: Help Me Identify This Caucasian Shepherd by ToluOfAbuja(f): 3:45am On Jan 26
Haroldjunior80:

No go kill that puppy o!

Re: Help Me Identify This Caucasian Shepherd by ToluOfAbuja(f): 3:53am On Jan 26
Hi everyone

I appreciate your inputs and concerns about Olly. She'll be 12weeks soon and I can't wait to share pictures and updates about her.

I noticed that Ola doesn't cry again. When I got her newly, anytime I step out of her sight, she cries so loudly that I hear her from the gate but recently she no longer cries. I will like to know if I should be worried or not.

Thank you
Re: Help Me Identify This Caucasian Shepherd by ToluOfAbuja(f): 10:57am On Feb 09
Good morning house

I need American Eskimo urgently in Abuja. I posted something regarding this last year and I'm yet to get.

Kindly assist

P. S I'm not a first time owner, I have a GSD named Ola. She'll be 4 months this month and I'll be sharing her beautiful pics and progress...

Thank you all
Re: Help Me Identify This Caucasian Shepherd by TheLoanGuy: 9:02pm On Feb 12
ToluOfAbuja:
Hi everyone

I appreciate your inputs and concerns about Olly. She'll be 12weeks soon and I can't wait to share pictures and updates about her.

I noticed that Ola doesn't cry again. When I got her newly, anytime I step out of her sight, she cries so loudly that I hear her from the gate but recently she no longer cries. I will like to know if I should be worried or not.

Thank you
I'm glad your dog is better now, dogs undergo different stages of attachment to their owners, because she's not crying when you leave doesn't mean there's something wrong with her. She's getting used to you leaving her at home. As she gets older and if you're around more often, she'll begin to get even more attached to you and may become jealous when you have guests and you're not giving her attention. Especially, if she's always indoors with you without a playmate (another dog).

Very Good German Sherperd Puppies For Sale / Super Bullmastiff Pups For Sale / New Binggo Puppy! From Stooling To Vomiting!