Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,821 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Benin Founded Lagos – Oba Of Benin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benin Founded Lagos – Oba Of Benin (1202 Views)

‘You Don’t Know History’, Asari-Dokubo Slams Those Saying Binis Founded Lagos / Who Founded Lagos: Yoruba Or Binis? Oba Of Benin’s Claim Stirs Controversy, Agai / Benin People Found Lagos — Oba of Benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benin Founded Lagos – Oba Of Benin by LifestyleTonite: 5:13pm On Nov 27, 2023
The Oba of Benin, Omo N’ Oba N’ Edo, Uku Akpolokpolo, Ewuare II, has said Benin founded Lagos and can be proven through history books.

The monarch, however, stated that the Lagos founded by his ancestors is not the whole of Lagos as the city is known today but a subsection of it.

Oba Ewuare II said this during his visit to Lagos on Sunday where he was received by the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu.

Addressing an audience, the monarch said, “I cannot help but say that it is in history books that Benin founded Lagos. But when some people hear it now they go haywire that ‘what is the Oba saying?’ But it is true o. Go and check the records. Maybe not all of Lagos as we know it now but certain areas in Lagos – maybe the nucleus -was founded by my ancestors. The Oba of Lagos will say so.”

Meanwhile during his stay in Lagos, the Oba of Benin said the Presidency of President Bola Tinubu was ordained by God, just as he urged all Nigerians to support his administration.

Buttressing his point, the monarch noted that the victory of Tinubu in the 2023 presidential poll and his emergence as the incumbent President of Nigeria showed God ordained him to rule the country.

He said diversity is good for Nigeria and urged the people to iron out their differences and live as a family in peace, unity and harmony with one another.

“God has ordained that Tinubu would become President of Nigeria. We are all one. I am for peace and tranquility. We must live together as one. Nigeria is big. We must iron out our differences and learn to live together as one, big family,” he said.

https://concise.ng/benin-founded-lagos-oba-of-benin/
Re: Benin Founded Lagos – Oba Of Benin by illicit(m): 5:16pm On Nov 27, 2023
Okay now
Re: Benin Founded Lagos – Oba Of Benin by Igbodicool(m): 5:18pm On Nov 27, 2023
We know!

But the main headache is the Lagos Igbo founded and funded with their money.
Re: Benin Founded Lagos – Oba Of Benin by tollyboy5(m): 5:37pm On Nov 27, 2023
While it might be true, its not all part of the present Lagos. Present Lagos comprises of different established kingdom put together.
Re: Benin Founded Lagos – Oba Of Benin by Oxbow01: 5:42pm On Nov 27, 2023
Benin people don dey overdo

You claimed Ikwere, now Lagos

3 Likes

Re: Benin Founded Lagos – Oba Of Benin by MightySparrow: 8:33pm On Nov 27, 2023
What do we deduce from that? Nigeria was founded by Lord Lugard and not Nigerians.

Let us move away from that. This is modern times. The other time, Ọba of Lagos made such a statement when he was rude to Ọọni, it sparked outrage from Yorubas. In the olden days, that was enough to start intertribal war. The Lagos is in the heart of Yorubaland with historical records deep in ifá oracle before Benin kingdom came in to sack the original owners, the Aworis. The dynasty ruling in Ikere Ekiti today is traced to Benin kingdom. The day the monarch there declares he is no longer Ekiti his ancestors belonged after almost 230 years, he will have problem.

I have met quite a few of Ilorin Fulanis, they don't claim they are not as much fulani as yorubas. They can no longer speaking Fulfulde. There was agitation under Obasanjo to take rulership from Fulanis. It was a
very sensitive case.

My take such history should be buried.
Today, Obama of this world and the now Prime Minister of UK are from the colonized people's.

The Aworis are not happy losing their land to usupers. Let alone Palestinians to Israels.

1 Like

Re: Benin Founded Lagos – Oba Of Benin by saintkel(m): 8:36pm On Nov 27, 2023
Igbodicool:
We know!

pls don't drag d Igbos into dis abeg

2 Likes

Re: Benin Founded Lagos – Oba Of Benin by saintkel(m): 8:37pm On Nov 27, 2023
MightySparrow:
What do we deduce from that? Nigeria was founded by Lord Lugard and not Nigerians.

Let us move away from that. This is modern times. The other time, Ọba of Lagos made such a statement when he was rude to Ọọni, it sparked outrage fry Yorubas. In the olden days, that was enough to start intertribal war. The Lagos is in the heart of Yorubaland with historical records deep in ifá oracle before Benin kingdom came in to sack the original owners, the Aworis. The dynasty ruling in Ikere Ekiti today is traced to Benin kingdom. The day the monarch there declares he is no longer Ekiti his ancestors belonged after almost 230 years, he will have problem.

I have met quite a few of Ilorin Fulanis, they don't claim they are not as much fulani as yorubas. They can no longer speaking Fulfulde. There was agitation under Obasanjo to take rulership from Fulanis. It was a
very sensitive case.

Today, Obama of this world and the now Prime Minister of UK are from the colonized people's.

The Aworis are not happy losing their land to usupers. Let alone Palestinians to Israels.

what is dis one saying?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benin Founded Lagos – Oba Of Benin by MightySparrow: 8:39pm On Nov 27, 2023
saintkel:
what is dis one saying?

What are reading?
Re: Benin Founded Lagos – Oba Of Benin by omoredia: 8:46pm On Nov 27, 2023
Truth gon hurt
Re: Benin Founded Lagos – Oba Of Benin by igwebuike01: 8:55pm On Nov 27, 2023
Oxbow01:
Benin people don dey overdo

You claimed Ikwere, now Lagos
Na ikwerre dey disgrace themselves dey attach to Benin. No trace of Benin at all in ikwerre. No king. Nothing, yet fooling themselves
Re: Benin Founded Lagos – Oba Of Benin by princemillla(m): 8:59pm On Nov 27, 2023
saintkel:
what is dis one saying?

Learn!!!
Re: Benin Founded Lagos – Oba Of Benin by adamusuleiman1: 9:02pm On Nov 27, 2023
And Ife founded Benin.

Re: Benin Founded Lagos – Oba Of Benin by ican2020: 9:51pm On Nov 27, 2023
That’s the bitter truth and no propaganda can change facts on ground

Even the Oba of Lagos knows about it and even spoke about it but land thieves and oluwole experts will not agree ole
Re: Benin Founded Lagos – Oba Of Benin by christejames(m): 10:38pm On Nov 27, 2023
That's an open history na, every sane Nigerian knows that undecided
Re: Benin Founded Lagos – Oba Of Benin by richie240: 10:56pm On Nov 27, 2023
Taaaaa.... Bury wetin??
If d records are not set straight now, his great grandchildren go carry am for head say ''benin founded lagos".

Even those whose grandfathers entered night bus from oppu-iweka to lagos sef are dragging lagos with Yorubas, how mush more benin next door.

How "pls direct me to your toilet" con become "na my papa get ur house" is still a mystery.

You wrote 'application letter' to Lagos State govt for a 'tutorial' on yoruba history, how e com become na we get lagos, I nor understand.

Some ppl sha like dragging.
cool
MightySparrow:

Let us move away from that. This is modern times. The other time, Ọba of Lagos made such a statement when he was rude to Ọọni, it sparked outrage from Yorubas. In the olden days, that was enough to start intertribal war. The Lagos is in the heart of Yorubaland with historical records deep in ifá oracle before Benin kingdom came in to sack the original owners, the Aworis. The dynasty ruling in Ikere Ekiti today is traced to Benin kingdom. The day the monarch there declares he is no longer Ekiti his ancestors belonged after almost 230 years, he will have problem.

very sensitive case.

Re: Benin Founded Lagos – Oba Of Benin by olisaEze(m): 1:13am On Nov 28, 2023
The Benin empire covered a land mass far bigger than Nigeria. It's boundaries stretched to the Songhai empire with Lagos in it's territory. The Binis didn't build Lagos, the Igbos didn't build it either! Lagos was built & developed by the white man separate from the northern & southern protectorates. The Yorubas just claimed what the white man left behind. As for those arguing with themselves and not the Oba, his family history predates the founding of many of your villages. He knows what he is talking about!

1 Like

Re: Benin Founded Lagos – Oba Of Benin by abdeefggh: 3:04am On Nov 28, 2023
He is definitely insane, he should mention the exact place his imaginary fathers found in lagos and stop blabbing.
Benin as a whole is yoruba territory and he is under Ooni of Ifè.
The sodomy clown should know his place or we will point it to him

1 Like

Re: Benin Founded Lagos – Oba Of Benin by DiscoverID: 3:53am On Nov 28, 2023
ican2020:
That’s the bitter truth and no propaganda can change facts on ground

Even the Oba of Lagos knows about it and even spoke about it but land thieves and oluwole experts will not agree ole
Are you from Benin? Typical ibo goat.
Benin also founded onitsha.

1 Like

Re: Benin Founded Lagos – Oba Of Benin by abdeefggh: 3:58am On Nov 28, 2023
Igbodicool:
We know!

Winter cap miscreant, stup up. This is doesn't concern savages

1 Like

Re: Benin Founded Lagos – Oba Of Benin by DiscoverID: 4:02am On Nov 28, 2023
igwebuike01:

Na ikwerre dey disgrace themselves dey attach to Benin. No trace of Benin at all in ikwerre. No king. Nothing, yet fooling themselves

They'd rather be with benin than you obnoxious loudmouthed greedy clowns.

1 Like

Re: Benin Founded Lagos – Oba Of Benin by AcademicWriter: 4:14am On Nov 28, 2023
Benin people don dey overdoYou claimed Ikwere, now Lagos..
Re: Benin Founded Lagos – Oba Of Benin by Corn247: 4:27am On Nov 28, 2023
Oba of bini said his ancestors probably found "some part" according to history, he didn't say they own it now. He didn't even mention the name of the location he think they found in Lagos.

He is just trying to fams yoruba since ipob is already claiming his land, Oba of bini is of yoruba decent.
Re: Benin Founded Lagos – Oba Of Benin by humilitypays(m): 4:43am On Nov 28, 2023
saintkel:
what is dis one saying?
He is soliloquizing I guess, sign of early madness cheesy
Re: Benin Founded Lagos – Oba Of Benin by MightySparrow: 3:56pm On Nov 28, 2023
richie240:
Taaaaa.... Bury wetin??
If d records are not set straight now, his great grandchildren go carry am for head say ''benin founded lagos".

Even those whose grandfathers entered night bus from oppu-iweka to lagos sef are dragging lagos with Yorubas, how mush more benin next door.

How "pls direct me to your toilet" con become "na my papa get ur house" is still a mystery.

You wrote 'application letter' to Lagos State govt for a 'tutorial' on yoruba history, how e com become na we get lagos, I nor understand.

cool

You right Sir! I concur.
Re: Benin Founded Lagos – Oba Of Benin by MightySparrow: 9:18am On Nov 30, 2023
richie240:
Taaaaa.... Bury wetin??

cool

Can you now see rebuttals following the careless statement?

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News!! Igbos And Port Harcourt. / Hardship: FG To Start Direct Cash Transfer To 12m Nigerians (see Eligible Person / Breaking News!!! Ijaw Youths Take Over Oron Tribe!!! Declare It Ijaw Territory!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.