Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,024 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Authentic: The Most Popular Word Of 2023 According To Merriam-Webster Dictionary - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Authentic: The Most Popular Word Of 2023 According To Merriam-Webster Dictionary (34583 Views)

School District Bans Webster’s Dictionary For Students / Oxford Dictionary Adds 29 Nigerian Words, Expressions In January Updates / Merriam-webster English Dictionary Adds 640 New Words (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Authentic: The Most Popular Word Of 2023 According To Merriam-Webster Dictionary by Tjra: 3:58pm On Nov 28, 2023
shocked
Re: Authentic: The Most Popular Word Of 2023 According To Merriam-Webster Dictionary by toffyz(m): 3:59pm On Nov 28, 2023
Myself got to know the meaning of " implode " after the titan incidence in June.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Authentic: The Most Popular Word Of 2023 According To Merriam-Webster Dictionary by Kukutenla: 3:59pm On Nov 28, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Frankly, I thought it was gonna be “deepfake

Jokingly, these Nigerian lingos should be added:
Gbajuę (a con artist, a thief, a supplanter)
Yes-daddy (a sissy, a yes-man)
Hellupeeism (the yoke of acting like a zombie)
Hellupee (a bandwagoner who doesn't have an idependent reasoning capacity)
Zombies herd who asslick political thieves
Re: Authentic: The Most Popular Word Of 2023 According To Merriam-Webster Dictionary by youngking89(m): 4:00pm On Nov 28, 2023
That authentic refers to the agbado result and identity
Gadafii:
The merriam-Webster dictionary should add agbado, to their list asap🤝😎
Re: Authentic: The Most Popular Word Of 2023 According To Merriam-Webster Dictionary by Joseph099(m): 4:01pm On Nov 28, 2023
I am very sorry for you

TemplarLandry:

Re: Authentic: The Most Popular Word Of 2023 According To Merriam-Webster Dictionary by Blaze14k: 4:01pm On Nov 28, 2023
TemplarLandry:

Balablu bulaba
Re: Authentic: The Most Popular Word Of 2023 According To Merriam-Webster Dictionary by omenka1: 4:04pm On Nov 28, 2023
Even me I looked up for the word "authentic" while trying to verify n validate the certificate that belongs to one emilokan that graduated from a certain Chicago university as a Male but gained admission as a female
Re: Authentic: The Most Popular Word Of 2023 According To Merriam-Webster Dictionary by theforemost: 4:16pm On Nov 28, 2023
TemplarLandry:

Source: https://www.merriam-webster.com/wordplay/word-of-the-year

Ibos are the WORTS being I ever know. They are all suxua molester. Visit
Festac
Alaba
Tejuosho
Bariga
Trade fair.
Everywhere they are. They are nothing but molesting innocent females. I saw one pressing the breast of a female even when that one was protesting. The day they'll do this to mine, a live or two will be lost.
Let's just get these devils out of Nigeria as quickly as possible. Let them go and form their 40 states USB.
If I ever have that opportunity like there was in the first civil war,.....
Re: Authentic: The Most Popular Word Of 2023 According To Merriam-Webster Dictionary by StraightGaay: 4:16pm On Nov 28, 2023
faxana:
I...knew...it....was...going...to...be..rizz

Every.. Tom Emeka and Remi was... using...it...on... social....media.....
Am only hearing it for the 1st time
Re: Authentic: The Most Popular Word Of 2023 According To Merriam-Webster Dictionary by drmikeadams(m): 4:26pm On Nov 28, 2023
Na "gaslight" dey reign for Nigerians .now... grin

Any small Tin ur gaslighting angry grin with them fake accent
Re: Authentic: The Most Popular Word Of 2023 According To Merriam-Webster Dictionary by DrAda(f): 4:48pm On Nov 28, 2023
Natural language processing consisting of nltk.tokenize, word_tokenize, str.lower(), list comprehension, from collections import counter. Counter.most_common(1)
Re: Authentic: The Most Popular Word Of 2023 According To Merriam-Webster Dictionary by oyeb15: 4:53pm On Nov 28, 2023
CSU

Chicago State University
Re: Authentic: The Most Popular Word Of 2023 According To Merriam-Webster Dictionary by mipeesoft(m): 4:54pm On Nov 28, 2023
Words like corn-head, drugie, balablu can be added too grin grin grin grin grin grin
Gadafii:
The merriam-Webster dictionary should add agbado, to their list asap🤝😎
Re: Authentic: The Most Popular Word Of 2023 According To Merriam-Webster Dictionary by Mccullum: 4:55pm On Nov 28, 2023
ecolime:
Gbajue
Obidient
IPOBdient
Pandora
YesDaddy
Shinedu
Giringory
Headless-mob
#AllEyesOnJudiciary
#AllEyesOnTheSupremeCourt
Asiwaju
Emilokan
Jagaban
Akanbi
Oko-Iyawon
Agbado

[/b]Don't forget to add Japa.[b]

1 Like

Re: Authentic: The Most Popular Word Of 2023 According To Merriam-Webster Dictionary by pointblankeirie: 5:06pm On Nov 28, 2023
It should be shege sapa, wetin concern Nigeria with Authentic 😏
Re: Authentic: The Most Popular Word Of 2023 According To Merriam-Webster Dictionary by Mitsurugi(m): 5:08pm On Nov 28, 2023
TemplarLandry:

You just had to turn a nice post into stupidity for idiots to follow the trend
Re: Authentic: The Most Popular Word Of 2023 According To Merriam-Webster Dictionary by teewhyhomes: 5:44pm On Nov 28, 2023
Contact us today @ Teewhyhomes for your next Real Estate investment.
Re: Authentic: The Most Popular Word Of 2023 According To Merriam-Webster Dictionary by Allisgud: 6:29pm On Nov 28, 2023
All this na rubbish without adding l
Japa
Sapa
Capping

1 Like

Re: Authentic: The Most Popular Word Of 2023 According To Merriam-Webster Dictionary by abysirius(m): 6:48pm On Nov 28, 2023
Elupi
Re: Authentic: The Most Popular Word Of 2023 According To Merriam-Webster Dictionary by Alpharey: 7:11pm On Nov 28, 2023
Eh! What happened to our "Agbado"🤣🤣. We the Nigerian branch of Agbado will not take it! 😭😭😭😭
Re: Authentic: The Most Popular Word Of 2023 According To Merriam-Webster Dictionary by XAUBulls: 7:22pm On Nov 28, 2023
Re: Authentic: The Most Popular Word Of 2023 According To Merriam-Webster Dictionary by Adewale1603(m): 8:05pm On Nov 28, 2023
Where is Mohbad IMOLE
Re: Authentic: The Most Popular Word Of 2023 According To Merriam-Webster Dictionary by specialmati(m): 8:13pm On Nov 28, 2023
TemplarLandry:

grin grin grin grin grin you forgot agbadoism men that their brains have been freezed from critical thinking.who are useless to the community but useful to their agbodo master
Re: Authentic: The Most Popular Word Of 2023 According To Merriam-Webster Dictionary by specialmati(m): 8:16pm On Nov 28, 2023
theforemost:

Ibos are the WORTS being I ever know. They are all suxua molester. Visit
Festac
Alaba
Tejuosho
Bariga
Trade fair.
Everywhere they are. They are nothing but molesting innocent females. I saw one pressing the breast of a female even when that one was protesting. The day they'll do this to mine, a live or two will be lost.
Let's just get these devils out of Nigeria as quickly as possible. Let them go and form their 40 states USB.
If I ever have that opportunity like there was in the first civil war,.....
grin grin grin grin grin grin just say you are finding it hard to mine an igbo man head, skull miner.whats the long post for
Re: Authentic: The Most Popular Word Of 2023 According To Merriam-Webster Dictionary by DeOTR: 10:08pm On Nov 28, 2023
And Balablue, Agbadorian, Yes-daddy no dey the list? cheesy
This is shocking.
Re: Authentic: The Most Popular Word Of 2023 According To Merriam-Webster Dictionary by holyfather(m): 5:38am On Nov 29, 2023
Re: Authentic: The Most Popular Word Of 2023 According To Merriam-Webster Dictionary by ashawopikin(m): 8:01am On Nov 29, 2023
What about balabu?
Re: Authentic: The Most Popular Word Of 2023 According To Merriam-Webster Dictionary by Uchesis: 10:04am On Nov 29, 2023
Wismikejack82:
Guys am not stingy like others, make my follow guys benefit too

I just received my own this morning around 9:15Am just de play de go

palmpay are still giving away 20,000 naira instantly and you can withdraw it anytime you want, it for new user that join them using the campaign link only without doing any task or referring anyone it free.

But old user like me can benefit too by using another phone number to register and collect your money pass. No playing

Note you must use the verify campaign link before you are qualified to get the reward, don’t worry I will drop the campaign link for you guys but once you receive the money you will give me my percent for showing you this update ooo

5k after you receive the money for me showing you this update Please op.ay acct 8.1.78..98…..568

When you Click below link and it will take you to a Facebook post, you will find the verify campaign link in the post

Click the link below

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/oUuXK8LokGtpWchJ/?mibextid=WC7FNe
Thief
Re: Authentic: The Most Popular Word Of 2023 According To Merriam-Webster Dictionary by todugo(m): 11:07am On Nov 29, 2023
So they did not see words like:
.Drugy
.forgery
.looting
. brutality
. corruption
.inflation
.Banditary etc......
Re: Authentic: The Most Popular Word Of 2023 According To Merriam-Webster Dictionary by goldmatrix(m): 5:44pm On Nov 29, 2023
I have not seen the word kpekus making the list.. People have really searched for it this year. Battered this year than past years

(1) (2) (Reply)

OSUN Writes JAMB To Delist It's Four Tertiary Institutions / JAMB: How To Check 2019 UTME Via TXT/SMS / See Female Undergraduate That Cuts Keys To See Herself Through School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.