Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Are They the Most Scary Looking Masquerades In The East? (pictures/video) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Are They the Most Scary Looking Masquerades In The East? (pictures/video) (2854 Views)

Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) / Deity Chief-Priest Shot As SARS Officers Arrest Masquerades In Anambra (Photos) / Akwa Ibom Masquerade The Most Scary?(pictures), Compare Yours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are They the Most Scary Looking Masquerades In The East? (pictures/video) by LocalFARMERS: 7:59am On Nov 28, 2023
I think these Masquerades are the scariest looking Masquerades in the Eastern part of Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EpUadLiejI
Re: Are They the Most Scary Looking Masquerades In The East? (pictures/video) by LocalFARMERS: 8:00am On Nov 28, 2023
Scary Masquerades

Re: Are They the Most Scary Looking Masquerades In The East? (pictures/video) by LocalFARMERS: 8:01am On Nov 28, 2023
M

1 Like

Re: Are They the Most Scary Looking Masquerades In The East? (pictures/video) by Nokio2: 8:17am On Nov 28, 2023
I fear chukky pass all of them
That bird with raffia ..na to use lighter give am small flame..u go see say masquerade na ur landlord pikin ebuka..

2 Likes

Re: Are They the Most Scary Looking Masquerades In The East? (pictures/video) by Lovemeharder(f): 8:32am On Nov 28, 2023
cheesy
Re: Are They the Most Scary Looking Masquerades In The East? (pictures/video) by RushManni: 9:48am On Nov 28, 2023
But I don't see the thing about masquerades with regards their connection to spirits.

Do masquerades have any connection to spirits ? As in, are they spiritual and can possess one - especially if you go close to them ?

I see it as just custume
Re: Are They the Most Scary Looking Masquerades In The East? (pictures/video) by ghettochild(m): 10:42am On Nov 28, 2023
Very Dirty Masquerade
Re: Are They the Most Scary Looking Masquerades In The East? (pictures/video) by LocalFARMERS: 11:51am On Nov 28, 2023
Nokio2:
That bird with raffia ..na to use lighter give am small flame..u go see say masquerade na ur landlord pikin ebuka..

See as you dey make mouth. When you see them physically, you know the defination of fear grin
Re: Are They the Most Scary Looking Masquerades In The East? (pictures/video) by LocalFARMERS: 11:52am On Nov 28, 2023
ghettochild:
Very Dirty Masquerade

Thazs why they are Masquerade
Re: Are They the Most Scary Looking Masquerades In The East? (pictures/video) by Zonefree(m): 12:39pm On Nov 28, 2023
RushManni:
But I don't see the thing about masquerades with regards their connection to spirits.

Do masquerades have any connection to spirits ? As in, are they spiritual and can possess one - especially if you go close to them ?

I see it as just custume
It depends on the masquerade.

Back then I followed my cousin to go watch masquerade at Isiala Ngwa in Abia state. I saw masquerades competing on who has the strongest power. It was a festival of spiritual powers.

Forget, God did not retrieve all the devil's power before discarding him.

3 Likes

Re: Are They the Most Scary Looking Masquerades In The East? (pictures/video) by Typing: 12:41pm On Nov 28, 2023
I have serious fear for Masquerade
Re: Are They the Most Scary Looking Masquerades In The East? (pictures/video) by SporaD8: 1:06pm On Nov 28, 2023
RushManni:

I see it as just custume
In Yoruba mythology, they're refer to as ARA-ORUN(Astronaut) The similarities in their costume is not a mistake!

1 Like

Re: Are They the Most Scary Looking Masquerades In The East? (pictures/video) by LocalFARMERS: 1:27pm On Nov 28, 2023
RushManni:

I see it as just custume

Some Masquerade are just for fun and entertainment.. But the real Masquerades are connected to spirits. Women are not allowed to see some specific Masquerade. While there are some Masquerades that Men are not allowed to see them.

There are also some powerful Masquerade that, normal Masquerade are not allowed to see them.

Masquerade pass Masquerade

1 Like

Re: Are They the Most Scary Looking Masquerades In The East? (pictures/video) by blaquemyc: 2:27pm On Nov 28, 2023
Nokio2:
You wan kee me with laff.
Re: Are They the Most Scary Looking Masquerades In The East? (pictures/video) by blaquemyc: 2:31pm On Nov 28, 2023
The third masquerade wear boots, our ancestors don dey modernized their ways. The gods dey fear make sharp objects no chook ahm for leg.

1 Like

Re: Are They the Most Scary Looking Masquerades In The East? (pictures/video) by paramakina202: 2:54pm On Nov 28, 2023
This is the most feard and respected masquarade I ever seen.

Re: Are They the Most Scary Looking Masquerades In The East? (pictures/video) by oz4real83(m): 2:56pm On Nov 28, 2023
After all the dramas, these "spirits" will appear at nearby betnaija offices as we always see online shocked
Re: Are They the Most Scary Looking Masquerades In The East? (pictures/video) by NFBI: 3:17pm On Nov 28, 2023
Nothing scary about it
Re: Are They the Most Scary Looking Masquerades In The East? (pictures/video) by PedoBear: 6:41pm On Nov 28, 2023
Hunger don finish this maskurade
Re: Are They the Most Scary Looking Masquerades In The East? (pictures/video) by SadEast419(m): 7:03pm On Nov 28, 2023
SW masqurades are not that scary but almost 70 of them are violent
Re: Are They the Most Scary Looking Masquerades In The East? (pictures/video) by LocalFARMERS: 7:54am On Nov 30, 2023
SadEast419:
SW masqurades are not that scary but almost 70 of them are violent

Okay. But i am not familiar with South West Masquerades. I will google them.
Re: Are They the Most Scary Looking Masquerades In The East? (pictures/video) by LocalFARMERS: 7:44am On Dec 01, 2023
Scary cheesy
Re: Are They the Most Scary Looking Masquerades In The East? (pictures/video) by LocalFARMERS: 10:26pm On Dec 05, 2023
M
Re: Are They the Most Scary Looking Masquerades In The East? (pictures/video) by LocalFARMERS: 10:35am On Dec 10, 2023
Re: Are They the Most Scary Looking Masquerades In The East? (pictures/video) by LocalFARMERS: 5:28am On Dec 11, 2023
Scary?....
Re: Are They the Most Scary Looking Masquerades In The East? (pictures/video) by LocalFARMERS: 11:10am On Dec 12, 2023
M
Re: Are They the Most Scary Looking Masquerades In The East? (pictures/video) by LocalFARMERS: 8:17am On Dec 14, 2023
Scary
Re: Are They the Most Scary Looking Masquerades In The East? (pictures/video) by LocalFARMERS: 7:27pm On Dec 15, 2023
H
Re: Are They the Most Scary Looking Masquerades In The East? (pictures/video) by LocalFARMERS: 5:28am On Dec 17, 2023
Re: Are They the Most Scary Looking Masquerades In The East? (pictures/video) by LocalFARMERS: 10:31am On Dec 21, 2023
M
Re: Are They the Most Scary Looking Masquerades In The East? (pictures/video) by LocalFARMERS: 6:44pm On Dec 30, 2023
grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

25 Most Popular Igbo Masquerades / 50 Years Ago… Ogbemudia Was Igbo And Igbanke, Igbo Akiri - Emma Okocha / Nigerian Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.