Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,896 members, 7,810,443 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) (52681 Views)

Village Women Gathered To Flog Man Who Beats His Wife (Photos) / Masquerades Flog Themselves In Nnewi, Anambra To Mark "Easter Monday" (Video) / Masquerades At Golibe Festival Onitsha (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by Pacesetterz: 9:22pm On Apr 17, 2022
Somebody shared this on my wall and I felt angry for this lady. Why do masqueradesin the South assault women? This is bad and should be kicked against.
These masquerades are always seen with thick canes which they use in flogging pple most especially women/ladies. We men are always left out because na fight if it dares raise a hand on us.

What sort of barbaric and abusive act is this we call culture? This is why the Western world will always look at us as backward.

I have really gone through a lot..

Despite my health condition that I posted,I still went to Market with it today...

Am just coming back now,on my way back..I met a masquerade at eke nibo...I hide for him to pass and when he did,I continued my walk,guess what,he came from the back and flogged me those big canes they use to hold...I was surprised..I started pleading with him that am sick...

Guess what,they joined hands and started flogging me....I fainted ver ppl came and took me away.. all my body is filled with bruises right now ...am bleeding all over my body now..

Itz Afunwa Nibo
Is that tradition?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=404272018370466&id=100063630124717

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by Pacesetterz: 9:24pm On Apr 17, 2022
After recovering,she felt like giving up as well. This is sad.

We need laws against public assaults on women by these wicked spirits.

This is sickening

Mod: like somebody stated,would the fools had flogged a white man or woman on the road?

Who cursed the black race? angry

18 Likes

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 9:25pm On Apr 17, 2022
it's everywhere abeg....

4 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 9:25pm On Apr 17, 2022
it's everywhere abeg....Protection my foot. Only men should be flogged abi..rubbish yans

41 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by Pacesetterz: 9:28pm On Apr 17, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
it's everywhere abeg....Protection my foot. Only men should be flogged abi..rubbish yans
No idiot has ever raised its hands on me. dem no dey fear face. Nobody should be assaulted no matter what. Nigerians and bad behaviour tueh

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by Pacesetterz: 9:31pm On Apr 17, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
it's everywhere abeg....

So because rapists are everywhere,they can continue rap$ing?
Because kidnappers are everywhere they can continue kidnapping unhindered?

Some of u just come on here to open rotten mouths. Tomorrow it’s gonna be ur sister or daughter to be assaulted by barbaric idiots called masquerades

147 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by blazingblender(m): 9:35pm On Apr 17, 2022
When you guys come out ranting
It annoys me
Women are not expected to see some kind of masquerade in East
But you women go wan do over Sabi
Just flow with the law and live in peace

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by NoQualmz: 9:41pm On Apr 17, 2022
blazingblender:
When you guys come out ranting
It annoys me
Women are not expected to see some kind of masquerade in East
But you women go wan do over Sabi
Just flow with the law and live in peace

Are u a masquerade too?

90 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by NoQualmz: 9:42pm On Apr 17, 2022
Unknown gunmen masquerades

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by crowbar(m): 9:50pm On Apr 17, 2022
Why all the rant? Ain't she a native? So she should know her traditions, if it is prohibited for woman to see a masquerade in her tradition, then do be it, why would she want test the extent of her native traditions then come on social media to cry foul....you sef supporting her, na work you no get...hiss!

26 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by Rexymania(m): 10:04pm On Apr 17, 2022
Rubbish
Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 10:32pm On Apr 17, 2022
After your online rants..Masquerade will forever be.... so hide your face. Shildren comparing Masquerade to rapist and kidnappers..ediots

Pacesetterz:

So because rapists are everywhere,they can continue rap$ing?
Because kidnappers are everywhere they can continue kidnapping unhindered?

Some of u just come on here to open rotten mouths. Tomorrow it’s gonna be ur sister or daughter to be assaulted by barbaric idiots called masquerades

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 10:39pm On Apr 17, 2022
Try it in ile-iwe bus stop. if they don't flog the sh*t outta you..make I know why..Making senseless noise online. You will live your life on earth and pass away,masquerade will forever be. Comparing masquerade to rapist and kidnappers just made me know shildren and noisy rants.

Pacesetterz:

No idiot has ever raised its hands on me. dem no dey fear face. Nobody should be assaulted no matter what. Nigerians and bad behaviour tueh

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 10:39pm On Apr 17, 2022
Try it in ile-iwe bus stop. if they don't flog the sh*t outta you..make I know why..Making senseless noise online. You will live your life on earth and pass away,masquerade will forever be. Comparing masquerade to rapist and kidnappers just made me know shildren and noisy rants.
Pacesetterz:

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by Ohizman73(m): 3:17am On Apr 18, 2022
Egungu be carefull oh!

2 Likes

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by Sultty(m): 3:28am On Apr 18, 2022
masqurades are fast losing their acceptance by society v soon they will be the ones beings harassed

13 Likes

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by Karlovich: 3:28am On Apr 18, 2022
embarassed Hmm, Igbos again!!

8 Likes

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by Winningbot: 6:07am On Apr 18, 2022
I understand this act is inhumane and must not be condoned in our society. However, I still don't understand why she said 'i feel like giving up', shey she wwn die because of cane?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by Stallionhorse: 6:35am On Apr 18, 2022
That rubbish that they call irou here in Lagos, any day there try flogging me, them go know say I be cultist from south south..

4 Likes

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by haslaw(m): 8:15am On Apr 18, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:

E be like say prison watery beans dey hungry this one .

There are so many masquerades in jail and you wouldn't be the last st00peed mkporu miri cannibal to be jailed for that nonsense.

28 Likes

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 8:26am On Apr 18, 2022
Look at the way Nigerian Pot bellied Policemen are degrading elderly yoruba men and that elderly woman and one young yoruba boy is clapping and jumping thinking he is doing me....what a wonderful world. Happy easter

haslaw:

E be like say prison watery beans dey hungry this one .

There are so many masquerades in jail and you wouldn't be the last st00peed mkporu miri cannibal to be jailed for that nonsense.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by haslaw(m): 8:37am On Apr 18, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
Look at the way Nigerian Pot bellied Policemen are degrading elderly yoruba men and that elderly woman and one young yoruba boy is clapping and jumping thinking he is doing me....what a wonderful world. Happy easter

MumuIPOB intentionally denying police arresting his people.

10 Likes

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by Jekku: 9:03am On Apr 18, 2022
cry

1 Like

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by alphaconde(m): 9:03am On Apr 18, 2022
useless tradition

4 Likes

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by hakeem4(m): 9:03am On Apr 18, 2022
Maybe her EX was the masquerade grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by Ropostic120(m): 9:04am On Apr 18, 2022
In this age and civilizations,masquerades still dey parade streets??
African race especially this useless Nigeria and backwardness are 5 and 6

4 Likes

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by AmazingELixir: 9:04am On Apr 18, 2022
grin

Hmm IPOB again.....this must be their masquerade wing.

These pipu will not rest.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by Starboytwo(m): 9:04am On Apr 18, 2022
Ibo people, emaa calm down na, “ewon mi si ishan cuz ishan lopa buse lee”

4 Likes

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by Mooh247: 9:05am On Apr 18, 2022
sad

Agressive Mkpuru Mniri gorrilas

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Edo State Proverbs In All Dialects With Translation(s) / Mujidat Alagbada, Olubadan's Daughter Dies In Auto Crash / Abdulrosheed Akanbi Suspended For 6 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.