Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Oba Of Benin Went To Ile Ife To See Where They Buried Past Oba's Of Benin - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin Went To Ile Ife To See Where They Buried Past Oba's Of Benin (2924 Views)

Ooni Of Ife To Marry 6th Wife On Monday / Ogun Ife To Gbona / Shilekunola Moronke Naomi Leads Praise & Worship At Ooni's Palace In Ile-ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin Went To Ile Ife To See Where They Buried Past Oba's Of Benin by Ghostagain: 3:16pm On Dec 24, 2023
Map of Africa, author Emanuel Bowen, date of publication 1747:

https://uniquemaps.eu/products/rare-old-map-of-africa-1747-by-emanuel-bowen-pre-colonial-handcoloured-slave-trade-negroland-ethiopia-barbary-nubia?currency=EUR&variant=42258880397542&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping&cmp_id=18827197097&adg_id=&kwd=&device=m&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAyp-sBhBSEiwAWWzTnkGJfI914AbJi2_uyy9rtCZ3epKC4FVLvydbdlZDE6syTAIApPHXMhoCcwEQAvD_BwE

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Went To Ile Ife To See Where They Buried Past Oba's Of Benin by Ghostagain: 3:20pm On Dec 24, 2023
Zooposki:

Yet I have never seen OYO Empire in any historical maps. Suffering from grandiose delusions?
Also, there was never an oyo empire, nor a Dahomey empire.
Benin empire is all that there was.
But yorubas engage in ethnic propaganda, not in history. They hate history with passion.
Re: Oba Of Benin Went To Ile Ife To See Where They Buried Past Oba's Of Benin by Thebadpolitican(m): 9:10pm On Dec 28, 2023
TAO11:
Lol. It is one thing to praise your king in a language foreign to him.

It is another thing that the “praiser” is of the same ethnicity as your king; he praises your king in a language foreign to both him & your king; the praise words say your king is son to a certain Adimula who is king elsewhere; & your king sits right there proud of the praise words.

Adimila has never been a king in Benin, so if he is a son of Adimila then the father must have been a king, then again Adimila is not a yoruba world, the oba can as well be praised in ibo too by a Benin person
Re: Oba Of Benin Went To Ile Ife To See Where They Buried Past Oba's Of Benin by TAO11(f): 1:36am On Dec 29, 2023
Thebadpolitican:
Adimila has never been a king in Benin, so if he is a son of Adimila then the father must have been a king, then again Adimila is not a yoruba world, the oba can as well be praised in ibo too by a Benin person
It’s not about IF, it’s about FACT.

Your king is styled to his own face as: “SON of Adimula, ikeji oriṣa”

Yes, the phrase “Adimula, ikeji oriṣa” (with which your king is praised) is a pure Yoruba phrase. Lol.

More still, that is precisely one of the titles of the Ooni of Ife.

Yes, your king grins from ear to ear when he is praised as the SON of the Ooni of Ife.

So, it’s beyond being praised in Yoruba (and neglecting Edo language).

It’s actually about whose SON your king is & in respect of which he dared not complain.

Cheers!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Went To Ile Ife To See Where They Buried Past Oba's Of Benin by samuk: 10:19am On Dec 30, 2023
Adimila

Historically there is no Adimila in Benin history.

Politically, the Oba will not reject any association, especially when it's coming from those with large populations.

The desire of the people of old Mid West people to create a separate state from the Western region was partly made possible by assistance from Nnamdi Azikiwe NCNC. Zik was to later made it known in his autobiography that he had Benin ancestry.

I don't think the Oba of Benin have anything to lose if it matters to the yoruba so much that the oba is a son of Oduduwa, who the Benin palace believe is Ekaladerhan.

If you believe that oba of Benin is the son of Oduduwa, you must also believe that Oduduwa is the Benin prince Ekaladerhan.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Went To Ile Ife To See Where They Buried Past Oba's Of Benin by TAO11(f): 6:24pm On Dec 30, 2023
samuk:
[b]Adimila[/b]Historically there is no Adimila in Benin history.

Politically, the Oba will not reject any association, especially when it's coming from those with large populations.

The desire of the people of old Mid West people to create a separate state from the Western region was partly made possible by assistance from Nnamdi Azikiwe NCNC. Zik was to later made it known in his autobiography that he had Benin ancestry.

I don't think the Oba of Benin have anything to lose if it matters to the yoruba so much that the oba is a son of Oduduwa, who the Benin palace believe is Ekaladerhan.

If you believe that oba of Benin is the son of Oduduwa, you must also believe that Oduduwa is the Benin prince Ekaladerhan.
Lol.

You think you’re clever by writing a reply and carefully avoiding my moniker so I would miss notification 😂

Yes, there’s no personage from Benin called Adimula.

Adimula is a title of all Ooni[s] (from Oduduwa to the present Ooni) & they’re not from Benin like you said.

If your king was styled as “Acquaintance of Adimula”, well then you might give us the crap of “association”.

On the contrary, your king was styled as fvcking “Son of Adimula, Ikeji oriṣa”.

And guess what he did when one of his Edo slaves said that to his face: He smiled from ear to ear.

There’s no escaping from this, samuk: Adimula is “the Ooni of Ife”. Your ọba is the son of Adimula. Your ọba is the son of the Ooni of Ife.

Cheers!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin Went To Ile Ife To See Where They Buried Past Oba's Of Benin by samuk: 12:25am On Dec 31, 2023
TAO11:
Lol.

You think you’re clever by writing a reply and carefully avoiding my moniker so I would miss notification 😂

Adimula is a title of all Ooni[s] (from Oduduwa to the present Ooni) & they’re not from Benin like you said.

If your king was styled as “Acquaintance of Adimula”, well then you might give us the crap of “association”.

And guess what he did when one of his Edo slaves said that to his face: He smiled from ear to ear.

There’s no escaping from this, samuk: Adimula is “the Ooni of Ife”. Your ọba is the son of Adimula. Your ọba is the son of the Ooni of Ife.

Cheers!

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/12/the-benin-prince-who-founded-ile-ife/
Re: Oba Of Benin Went To Ile Ife To See Where They Buried Past Oba's Of Benin by TAO11(f): 5:54am On Dec 31, 2023
samuk:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/12/the-benin-prince-who-founded-ile-ife/
Trying to prove the “story” is true by pasting a link that simply tells same story? Lol 😂

Doesn’t work that way, at least for those with a brain.

As historians have demonstrated, the new Bini story which tries to hijack Oduduwa & make him a Bini is a deliberately unauthentic pseudohistorical narrative.

Moreover, the praise-styling of Bini ọbas which name them as “Son of Adimula, ikeji oriṣa” actually destroys the pseudo historical content of your link.

(1) Adimula is not from Benin.

(2) Your Oba = Son of Adimula.

(3) Adimula = Ooni of Ife.

(4) Your Oba = Son of Ooni of Ife.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Went To Ile Ife To See Where They Buried Past Oba's Of Benin by samuk: 9:23am On Dec 31, 2023
TAO11:
Trying to prove the “story” is true by pasting a link that simply tells same story? Lol 😂

Doesn’t work that way, at least for those with a brain.

As historians have demonstrated, the new Bini story which tries to hijack Oduduwa & make him a Bini is a deliberately unauthentic pseudohistorical narrative.

Moreover, the praise-styling of Bini ọbas which name them as “Son of Adimula, ikeji oriṣa” actually destroys the pseudo historical content of your link.

(1) Adimula is not from Benin.

(2) Your Oba = Son of Adimula.

(3) Adimula = Ooni of Ife.

(4) Your Oba = Son of Ooni of Ife.
Most none Benin or Yoruba people who are not emotionally attached to the history will use their objective minds and sense of reasoning to see the history for what it is.

The simple question for a sensible person, will be which is more plausible between Oduduwa falling from the sky as the Yoruba claimed or Oduduwa being a Benin prince according to Benin traditions

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Went To Ile Ife To See Where They Buried Past Oba's Of Benin by TAO11(f): 8:02pm On Dec 31, 2023
samuk:

Most none Benin or Yoruba people who are not emotionally attached to the history will use their objective minds and sense of reasoning to see the history for what it is.

The simple question for a sensible person, will be which is more plausible between Oduduwa falling from the sky as the Yoruba claimed or Oduduwa being a Benin prince according to Benin traditions
Okay!

Thank you for conceding (by running away from the argument) that your king is “son of Adimula”. Ooni of Ife is Adimula. Adimula is not from Benin. Your king is the son of the Ooni of Ife. 🤭

This fact (among several others)at once debunks the new & modern Bini narrative which tries to hijack the man Oduduwa and make him a Benin man. Historical scholarship has also debunked this newly concocted Benin narrative because it contradicts the ancient & established Benin narratives. Trashed‼️
———
Now to the new topic you want to bring up as a face-saving grace:

If he’s not from Heaven, then he must be from Benin?NO, lol.😅 Let me educate you on words & opposite: The opposite of Heaven is not Benin. Lol.

In other words if a human is not from a literal Heaven well he could be an aborigine of Ife amongst 1000s of other possible geographical locations in Yorubaland.

The same Ife traditions which holds a Heavenly origin (from a religious & metaphysical standpoint) for Ogun Oduduwa, Ọbatala, Ọṣun, et al. of course also realize (from a earthly & historical POV) that Oduduwa is an Ifẹ native, precisely from one of the surrounding hills.

That is, while Jesus Christ is Believed from a religious & metaphysical standpoint to have come down from Heaven (John 6:38); he’s also Known from an earthly & historical POV to be from Bethlehem (Matthew 2:1).

Moreover, in Benin classical traditions Ogiso Igodo is believed to have come down from Heaven, & in the same Benin traditions is also said to have being from Ife (per classics) or a native Edo (per the new modern narrative from Edo blogs).

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin Went To Ile Ife To See Where They Buried Past Oba's Of Benin by haffaze777(m): 5:42pm On Jan 05
TAO11:
Lol.

Cheers!

Mama gbogbo wongrin those people fear you than God

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Went To Ile Ife To See Where They Buried Past Oba's Of Benin by UGBE634: 9:45pm On Jan 05
Benin classics from which source? You came to Edo land and asked a Yoruba man living in Benin city our history and you call it Edo classics. There is no way you talk about this issue and it would not seem like you are insulting the Oba of Benin. But there are visible autochthonous families visibly opposed to the ideals and narratives of the Oba of Benin.

They even consider his status as a foreigner. According to them they gave him land to settle on. Such one cannot be authority on our native history no matter how big he appears to be on the outside. Benin classics from one who is considered a foreigner in Benin land.

That you are seeing on Edo blogs that he is from Benin is the true story/it does not negate its authenticity. As Edos especially Binis, we are not low self esteem people that get our history/historical validation in Textbooks, our history were taught to us at home, we only grew up and found a different narrative written/influenced by Yoruba people/narrative given by Yoruba influenced Binis.

Autochthonous Binis who were dissatisfied just became more emboldened/ fearless/ in challenging the one told by the palace which is wrong and they will tell it anyway via which ever channel they deem fit. There is no new modern narrative anywhere, it depends on who they asked and who is telling, it has been there long before your ancestors came from anywhere. It just still tells of the same situation in Lagos state where there are Awori Binis and the pure Aworis, when you ask the Awori Binis, like Erelu who founded Lagos, they will point you to Benin, when you ask the pure aworis, they will tell you there is nothing like that. I am not standing on which side is true now that is not the idea. But there are different narratives by different factions from different ancestry and all sides should be look into. The fact one was told first and put into writing does not negate the authenticity of the other account or in anyway insinuate that it is new. That logic does not work. The other account is as old as time. Even older than that of the palace. Go to villages in Benin, where network does not get to, where they don’t even have light to watch tv. Go to the interiors of these villages. An eight year old will tell you the history of Ogiso and where Igodo and other ogisos came from and that is the same thing i learnt in the seventies when i grew up ditto my father. That it is new, it is only in your imagination. 90% of Other Binis in other fields like engineering etcwill also be taken aback if they manage to take a sneak peak into history and find this your narrative.

How you know a history that is a sham in the first place is one that is at least not known to at least 10% of the population until they read it in a book. I have openly challenged my brothers here and none could repel what i have i have said. At the very least, at least anywhere from 60 to 80 percent of the population of Binis know that the Oba at least has something to do with Oduduwa. But this very Igodo narrative, you are pushing, i can tell you you will be fought with when you narrate it in Benin city

A Yoruba man by ancestry that became Edo by naturalization cannot tell our history.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Went To Ile Ife To See Where They Buried Past Oba's Of Benin by christistruth01: 10:30am On Jan 23
Thebadpolitican:

Praise names cannot be used as any form of evidence I asked you of

Praise names are subjectives to the person who is giving the praises you can use any language to praise the king

Like the issue of adimilia, there was no king in Benin that was called that, probably an idol or a deep forgotten Benin word

It was called ovbie adimilia ikeji ooisa and not ovbie adimilia ikeji orisha

Regardless praise names can be used interchangeably and can never be used to justify or draw a Benin-ife connection

It will only be reasonable when such praise name appears before 1914 in a document

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7lEgZTKCVI?si=rY48bCTAieeCKhkn
Re: Oba Of Benin Went To Ile Ife To See Where They Buried Past Oba's Of Benin by Gadgetssai(m): 4:54pm On May 01
UGBE634:
Benin classics from which source? You came to Edo land and asked a Yoruba man living in Benin city our history and you call it Edo classics. There is no way you talk about this issue and it would not seem like you are insulting the Oba of Benin. But there are visible autochthonous families visibly opposed to the ideals and narratives of the Oba of Benin.

They even consider his status as a foreigner. According to them they gave him land to settle on. Such one cannot be authority on our native history no matter how big he appears to be on the outside. Benin classics from one who is considered a foreigner in Benin land.
https://www.thekartinatv.com/2017/09/Ditto-tv-for-iphone-Ditto-tv-for-pc.html

That you are seeing on Edo blogs that he is from Benin is the true story/it does not negate its authenticity. As Edos especially Binis, we are not low self esteem people that get our history/historical validation in Textbooks, our history were taught to us at home, we only grew up and found a different narrative written/influenced by Yoruba people/narrative given by Yoruba influenced Binis.

Autochthonous Binis who were dissatisfied just became more emboldened/ fearless/ in challenging the one told by the palace which is wrong and they will tell it anyway via which ever channel they deem fit. There is no new modern narrative anywhere, it depends on who they asked and who is telling, it has been there long before your ancestors came from anywhere. It just still tells of the same situation in Lagos state where there are Awori Binis and the pure Aworis, when you ask the Awori Binis, like Erelu who founded Lagos, they will point you to Benin, when you ask the pure aworis, they will tell you there is nothing like that. I am not standing on which side is true now that is not the idea. But there are different narratives by different factions from different ancestry and all sides should be look into. The fact one was told first and put into writing does not negate the authenticity of the other account or in anyway insinuate that it is new. That logic does not work. The other account is as old as time. Even older than that of the palace. Go to villages in Benin, where network does not get to, where they don’t even have light to watch tv. Go to the interiors of these villages. An eight year old will tell you the history of Ogiso and where Igodo and other ogisos came from and that is the same thing i learnt in the seventies when i grew up ditto my father. That it is new, it is only in your imagination. 90% of Other Binis in other fields like engineering etcwill also be taken aback if they manage to take a sneak peak into history and find this your narrative.

How you know a history that is a sham in the first place is one that is at least not known to at least 10% of the population until they read it in a book. I have openly challenged my brothers here and none could repel what i have i have said. At the very least, at least anywhere from 60 to 80 percent of the population of Binis know that the Oba at least has something to do with Oduduwa. But this very Igodo narrative, you are pushing, i can tell you you will be fought with when you narrate it in Benin city

A Yoruba man by ancestry that became Edo by naturalization cannot tell our history.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osisi Kanku Killed And Confirmed Dead. / Black Mothers Have Lost It - Bad Parenting Culture(video) / Igbo Phrases For An Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.