Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,187 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Niger Republic Turns To A Mega Solar Power After Nigeria Cut Off Electricity - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Niger Republic Turns To A Mega Solar Power After Nigeria Cut Off Electricity (42555 Views)

Israel Cuts Off Electricity, Food, lay Complete Siege On Gaza. Bombings Continue / Niger: Junta Cuts Off Electricity, Water Supply To French Embassy / Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Republic Turns To A Mega Solar Power After Nigeria Cut Off Electricity by haslaw(m): 11:58am On Nov 28, 2023
Niger Republic is the new darling of IPOB cannibals.

1 Like

Re: Niger Republic Turns To A Mega Solar Power After Nigeria Cut Off Electricity by delpee(f): 11:59am On Nov 28, 2023
Manny21:
Nigeria has ten times potentials to do it but because it will not further their looting agenda, they will look the other way

Nigeria has been working on solar energy especially for rural electricity projects. I've seen a few commissioned ones in the news.
Re: Niger Republic Turns To A Mega Solar Power After Nigeria Cut Off Electricity by todugo(m): 12:00pm On Nov 28, 2023
igwebuike01:
For those who predict economic Doom for Biafra, if Niger can do this imagine great Igbos? Freedom first then watch us do wonders
That is if we are not under Authoritarianism or totalitarian rule.

1 Like

Re: Niger Republic Turns To A Mega Solar Power After Nigeria Cut Off Electricity by Chetas81(m): 12:06pm On Nov 28, 2023
THIS DOES NOT MAKE YOU HAVE 24 HOURS ELECTRICITY, IF NIGERIAN CITIZEN ARE NOT MENTALLY SICK, CUTOFF YOUR ELECTRICITY THEY CAN ALSO CUTOFF THE RIVER NIGER FROM THEIR SIDE
Re: Niger Republic Turns To A Mega Solar Power After Nigeria Cut Off Electricity by TemmyT002(m): 12:08pm On Nov 28, 2023
Despite the fact that we cut off the power supply to Niger, many of us in Nigeria haven't enjoyed the excess.
Well, it's possible some 'special' Nigerians or their businesses are enjoying it sha

1 Like

Re: Niger Republic Turns To A Mega Solar Power After Nigeria Cut Off Electricity by shuttox: 12:12pm On Nov 28, 2023
Niger will be great
Re: Niger Republic Turns To A Mega Solar Power After Nigeria Cut Off Electricity by shuttox: 12:12pm On Nov 28, 2023
bjtinz:

Either the article is incorrect or just pure propaganda.

FYI 3OMW will barely power a big city in Nigeria, so I struggle to see how that can meet 70% of country needs?? Abegi.

Yes they are not as big us, but that 70% figure is a heavy exaggeration
Go and sit down

1 Like

Re: Niger Republic Turns To A Mega Solar Power After Nigeria Cut Off Electricity by djseanjohn77: 12:13pm On Nov 28, 2023
igwebuike01:
For those who predict economic Doom for Biafra, if Niger can do this imagine great Igbos? Freedom first then watch us do wonders

I am sure you were quick to comment or could not understand what is written as usual before commenting. This is not something new, The French government had built this for them before now, they were due for launch until the coup came and delayed it. Go back and read word for word to understand. They didn't build it from scratch.

1 Like

Re: Niger Republic Turns To A Mega Solar Power After Nigeria Cut Off Electricity by Ameboperoo(m): 12:15pm On Nov 28, 2023
IamAtikulate:
Niger should go ahead and put a dam on the River like Ethiopia is doing at River Niles.

Which river?
Re: Niger Republic Turns To A Mega Solar Power After Nigeria Cut Off Electricity by nairalanda1(m): 12:20pm On Nov 28, 2023
igwebuike01:

For a hypothetical Biafra, gas and nuclear is the answer.

Because of the prolonged rainy season in the SE...indeed in the South, solar power as a means of mass power supply won't work.Rain means cloudy skies, and poor sunlight for most of the year. Bad for panels. Then the SE is densely populated, which makes placement of panels problematic.

Better to use gas, nuclear power...or if you must do green power, you can use refuse to generate power as is being done overseas..(has the added benefit of environmental sanitation).

The place where solar power would work is the North of Nigeria, especially far northern states like Sokoto , Kano , Jigawa and Borno. Maiduguri even has a pilot electric vehicle project where the charging points are solar powered.
Re: Niger Republic Turns To A Mega Solar Power After Nigeria Cut Off Electricity by Khyrvxjzy: 12:21pm On Nov 28, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Lol at a national level.

only sensible comment
Re: Niger Republic Turns To A Mega Solar Power After Nigeria Cut Off Electricity by tuzle(m): 12:22pm On Nov 28, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Na you no get stable power ... Light dey my area ... Again Una no dey wan pay for anything in this country, make everything just be free free
the light here where I am is bad, they mostly bring light at midnight and take it before one wakes in the morning. Then they can bring it for like 2hrs in the afternoon which isn't consistent. I am currently at Ibadan we depend mostly on solar and even when I was at abeokuta, that place is worse when it comes to power supply.
Re: Niger Republic Turns To A Mega Solar Power After Nigeria Cut Off Electricity by Simeonjoe1: 12:28pm On Nov 28, 2023
misreal:
Na corruption be African problem walahi.

Nah it's more than that
Re: Niger Republic Turns To A Mega Solar Power After Nigeria Cut Off Electricity by Fearyourcreator: 12:31pm On Nov 28, 2023
tuzle:
the light here where I am is bad, they mostly bring light at midnight and take it before one wakes in the morning. Then they can bring it for like 2hrs in the afternoon which isn't consistent. I am currently at Ibadan we depend mostly on solar and even when I was at abeokuta, that place is worse when it comes to power supply.
Maybe your side, light dey where I dey ooo
Re: Niger Republic Turns To A Mega Solar Power After Nigeria Cut Off Electricity by warrifinest1985: 12:31pm On Nov 28, 2023
Do they mean 30,000 mega watts or 30 watts? The country Niger is really a joke
Re: Niger Republic Turns To A Mega Solar Power After Nigeria Cut Off Electricity by ufotunang: 12:32pm On Nov 28, 2023
Now Niger republic even have electricity light more than nigeria .. nawaoooo 🙄
Re: Niger Republic Turns To A Mega Solar Power After Nigeria Cut Off Electricity by Fearyourcreator: 12:35pm On Nov 28, 2023
Angelfrost:

Those paying well are not seeing the light regularly and in stable supply...!

Of course there are few and isolated exceptions, but over 70% of the nation can't boast of Stable electricity supply.

Mind you, I haven't even talked about uninterrupted power supply o! That one is a total mirage... A serious rocket science in this nation.

You are free to defend your paymasters all you want, but I say it as I see it.

You supply uninterrupted power to neighboring nations, even on credit, but even the most affluent parts of this nation can't boast of their power supply not blinking for at least a week.

That, my friend, is the definition of IRONY!!! tongue
Light dey my area ... You sha no fit drag that with me... Na you Sabi your pay master... Light Sha dey my area

1 Like

Re: Niger Republic Turns To A Mega Solar Power After Nigeria Cut Off Electricity by Fearyourcreator: 12:39pm On Nov 28, 2023
benzics:

If I call you mumu, e go be like insult.

So na your area only be Nigeria?
Na you Sabi where you dey na... Light dey my area ... Na oloriburu like you no dey get light when you no go wan pay
Re: Niger Republic Turns To A Mega Solar Power After Nigeria Cut Off Electricity by tuzle(m): 12:40pm On Nov 28, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Maybe your side, light dey where I dey ooo
where are u based and it isn't about paying bill because we use prepaid here, in fact most people around here use prepaid.
Re: Niger Republic Turns To A Mega Solar Power After Nigeria Cut Off Electricity by Emyogalanya: 12:41pm On Nov 28, 2023
Aboks:
its good to be independent

no body go make yanger 4 u

nothing 4 agbado lord
Person wey dey Pursue new born Bird, e dey teach am how to fly. So tinubu don teach Niger how to generate power fron Solar. the problem be say we no go fit do the same
Re: Niger Republic Turns To A Mega Solar Power After Nigeria Cut Off Electricity by Emyogalanya: 12:41pm On Nov 28, 2023
Aboks:
its good to be independent

no body go make yanger 4 u

nothing 4 agbado lord
Re: Niger Republic Turns To A Mega Solar Power After Nigeria Cut Off Electricity by Menclothing: 12:41pm On Nov 28, 2023
IamAtikulate:

It's solves a part of their 70% energy loss.

It's worth it
Even dangote cement factory use 25 megawatts this too small

Power still very poor in Niger
We supply them over 400 megawatts b4
Re: Niger Republic Turns To A Mega Solar Power After Nigeria Cut Off Electricity by Fearyourcreator: 12:42pm On Nov 28, 2023
ClearFlair:

Myopic
I get light for my area , you no fit get when you no wan pay ... You no gree pay for prepaid or you go tap light them bill you 250k no get the money
Re: Niger Republic Turns To A Mega Solar Power After Nigeria Cut Off Electricity by Fearyourcreator: 12:42pm On Nov 28, 2023
tuzle:
where are u based
Ogun state
Re: Niger Republic Turns To A Mega Solar Power After Nigeria Cut Off Electricity by tuzle(m): 12:43pm On Nov 28, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Ogun state
which side? Because I know that Ogun area very well, places like asero hardly have light
Re: Niger Republic Turns To A Mega Solar Power After Nigeria Cut Off Electricity by slimthugchimee2(m): 12:49pm On Nov 28, 2023
IamAtikulate:

It's solves a part of their 70% energy loss.

It's worth it

Built by the French the coup master sent away

I go see how them go maintain or fund am grin grin
Re: Niger Republic Turns To A Mega Solar Power After Nigeria Cut Off Electricity by Fearyourcreator: 12:49pm On Nov 28, 2023
tuzle:
which side? Because I know that Ogun area very well, places like asero hardly have light
Obasanjo otta
Re: Niger Republic Turns To A Mega Solar Power After Nigeria Cut Off Electricity by Chiuzk: 12:52pm On Nov 28, 2023
immortalcrown:
No one is irreplaceable.
oh yesoo my brother only except God.
Re: Niger Republic Turns To A Mega Solar Power After Nigeria Cut Off Electricity by bjtinz: 12:57pm On Nov 28, 2023
shuttox:

Go and sit down

Stand up
Re: Niger Republic Turns To A Mega Solar Power After Nigeria Cut Off Electricity by lomprico(m): 1:07pm On Nov 28, 2023
If Niger mean us, they will build there own dam and that will be the end of kaiji dam. Na Nigeria go beg las las
Re: Niger Republic Turns To A Mega Solar Power After Nigeria Cut Off Electricity by Angelfrost(m): 1:11pm On Nov 28, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Light dey my area ... You sha no fit drag that with me... Na you Sabi your pay master... Light Sha dey my area

Okay... Congrats Boss.

I agree with you... There is stable electricity in your area (0.01% of Nigeria). grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We Did Not Try To Overthrow Putin & Russian Army- Wagner Group Boss Speaks (Pix) / Gabon: Ousted President, Bongo Under House Arrest, Son Charged For Treason / Explosion Cripples Iran Oil Refinery Hours After Fire Sinks Its Largest Warship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.