Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,749 members, 7,813,455 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

Tinubu To Participate In COP 28 Climate Summit In Dubai, Departs Nigeria Wednesd - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu To Participate In COP 28 Climate Summit In Dubai, Departs Nigeria Wednesd (6943 Views)

COP 28: Nigeria Signs MOU To Establish Solar PV Manufacturing Plant / President Buhari Departs Nigeria For South Africa (Photos) / BREAKING: Buhari Finally Departs Nigeria For New York (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu To Participate In COP 28 Climate Summit In Dubai, Departs Nigeria Wednesd by Loveth160: 3:39pm On Nov 28, 2023
President Bola Tinubu is set to depart Abuja on Wednesday, for Dubai, United Arab Emirates, to attend the COP28 Climate Summit.

The summit is tagged the 28th United Nations Climate Change Conference, or Conference of the Parties of the UNFCCC (COP28).

At the World Leaders’ Summit, which takes place on December 1 and 2, 2023, under the theme, “Unite, Act, and Deliver,” President Tinubu will deliver a national statement, highlighting Nigeria’s stance on various thematic issues, including renewable energy and climate financing.

Mindful of the severe impact of climate change on Nigeria, such as desertification, flooding, erosion, drought, and national security risks arising therefrom, President Tinubu will maximize the opportunity afforded by the platform to advocate increased financial and technical support for developing nations.

Tinubu will use the opportunity to remind developed countries of their public pledge to provide $100 billion annually for support to localized initiatives to address climate change-related challenges.

The President’s message will also focus on holding businesses and institutions accountable, reflecting Nigeria’s dedication to sustainable and responsible practices.

The Nigerian delegation to COP28 will actively explore establishing new and deeper bilateral partnerships to implement Nigeria’s Energy Transition, Article 6 Projects, Internationally Transferred Mitigation Outcomes (ITMOs), Technology Transfer, Capacity Building, and Methane Mitigation.

While in Dubai, President Tinubu will actively participate in key side events, which will further support the advancement of his avowed commitment to aggressively attract foreign direct investment for enhanced wealth creation and revenue expansion in the country, in addition to other events hosted by the Nigerian delegation.

The President, who will be accompanied by senior government officials, is expected to return to Abuja at the conclusion of the summit, a statement by Ajuri Ngelale, Special Adviser to the President on Media & Publicity noted.

https://.ng/2023/11/28/tinubu-to-participate-in-cop-28-climate-summit-in-dubai-departs-nigeria-wednesday/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Participate In COP 28 Climate Summit In Dubai, Departs Nigeria Wednesd by Oxb90: 3:44pm On Nov 28, 2023
What is he going to do there?
Like Buhari like Tinubu.
Bird of a feather.

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Participate In COP 28 Climate Summit In Dubai, Departs Nigeria Wednesd by PUSSYHOE(m): 3:46pm On Nov 28, 2023
Another ajala the traveller.

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Participate In COP 28 Climate Summit In Dubai, Departs Nigeria Wednesd by Burruchaga71(m): 3:46pm On Nov 28, 2023
They should search druggie very well ooo

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu To Participate In COP 28 Climate Summit In Dubai, Departs Nigeria Wednesd by matify83: 4:11pm On Nov 28, 2023
What investment drive can ever come out of a climate meeting where the greatest polluters of the environment are discussing how to cut down on fossil fuel generated green house gases?

Isn't it the same meeting his fellow president of ? Botswana has barred himself from attending due to the harsh economic situation in his country?

House is burning while the occupants are busy chasing rats.

Exasperated

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Participate In COP 28 Climate Summit In Dubai, Departs Nigeria Wednesd by Nokio2: 4:27pm On Nov 28, 2023
They should charter united Nigeria air for him....
All landing na landing

11 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Participate In COP 28 Climate Summit In Dubai, Departs Nigeria Wednesd by LOVEALAIGBO: 4:28pm On Nov 28, 2023
Read the thread heading and threw my head back in laughter! Some things never change!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu To Participate In COP 28 Climate Summit In Dubai, Departs Nigeria Wednesd by fagec93231: 6:12pm On Nov 28, 2023
Hmm

Re: Tinubu To Participate In COP 28 Climate Summit In Dubai, Departs Nigeria Wednesd by Padipadi(m): 6:13pm On Nov 28, 2023
Must you travel at all times? Wetin you sabi for climate matters?

13 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Participate In COP 28 Climate Summit In Dubai, Departs Nigeria Wednesd by Brendaniel: 6:13pm On Nov 28, 2023
Tinubu enjoying himself while his supporters are complaining with bragging rights

21 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Participate In COP 28 Climate Summit In Dubai, Departs Nigeria Wednesd by tishbite42: 6:13pm On Nov 28, 2023
Tinubu never ready for leadership
When hin dey ready, Agbadorians go know
😂😂😂😂😂😂

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Participate In COP 28 Climate Summit In Dubai, Departs Nigeria Wednesd by uchwar1: 6:14pm On Nov 28, 2023
Ojala de ojemba

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu To Participate In COP 28 Climate Summit In Dubai, Departs Nigeria Wednesd by CoronaVirusPro: 6:14pm On Nov 28, 2023

God bless His Excellency, President Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu (GCFR)

The first and last political demigod.....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Participate In COP 28 Climate Summit In Dubai, Departs Nigeria Wednesd by socialmediaman: 6:15pm On Nov 28, 2023
Reminds me of that Baalablu answer he gave in Kaduna when asked about climate change, before they stole PO’s mandate

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Participate In COP 28 Climate Summit In Dubai, Departs Nigeria Wednesd by bigdammyj: 6:16pm On Nov 28, 2023
Noted.
Re: Tinubu To Participate In COP 28 Climate Summit In Dubai, Departs Nigeria Wednesd by Ubanz: 6:17pm On Nov 28, 2023
Au revoir. U fit remain dia dey rule Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Participate In COP 28 Climate Summit In Dubai, Departs Nigeria Wednesd by ogbonti: 6:17pm On Nov 28, 2023
$500,000 for hotel again for meaningless climate meeting - my gawd ------- THE SPIRIT OF KADUNA NZEOGWU plz enter someone oo angry

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Participate In COP 28 Climate Summit In Dubai, Departs Nigeria Wednesd by jkpbestseries: 6:17pm On Nov 28, 2023
all the travelling from time to time wat benefits has it brought to us

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Participate In COP 28 Climate Summit In Dubai, Departs Nigeria Wednesd by sheffybugatty: 6:18pm On Nov 28, 2023
Why is this man travelling up and down

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To Participate In COP 28 Climate Summit In Dubai, Departs Nigeria Wednesd by MichaelSokoto(m): 6:19pm On Nov 28, 2023
we tanda gidigba 4 inside one chance laidis...

buh ronu advocates think otherwise!

cool

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Participate In COP 28 Climate Summit In Dubai, Departs Nigeria Wednesd by oluwaseyi0: 6:19pm On Nov 28, 2023
too much traveling
Re: Tinubu To Participate In COP 28 Climate Summit In Dubai, Departs Nigeria Wednesd by Lovemeharder(f): 6:19pm On Nov 28, 2023
Tinubu dey enjoy o
Re: Tinubu To Participate In COP 28 Climate Summit In Dubai, Departs Nigeria Wednesd by callmevirus(m): 6:20pm On Nov 28, 2023
Nsogbu di ooo
Nothing concern me but E dey mind
Re: Tinubu To Participate In COP 28 Climate Summit In Dubai, Departs Nigeria Wednesd by Faiththatworks(m): 6:21pm On Nov 28, 2023
Hmmmmmmmmm.......
Asiwaju is starting to act like Buhari Pro max.
Haba,the president just returned from Germany less than a month ago and Saudi Arabia less than 2 weeks ago,I think it was the Saudi-African summit and he's off again to Dubai,haba but why,is there something in Aso-rock that doesn't allow our presidents feel comfortable.
I think Asiwaju should relocate his office to Lagos if he doesn't feel comfortable in Abuja,his incessant travel itinerary isn't good for the country.
I always ask myself if Asiwaju was the the Managing Director of a blue chip company,will he leave the company and travel out so incessantly,even companies allow you leave the job for a period of only 30 days in a calendar year.
Why then should the president of Nigeria leave the country Every 2 weeks,pls the president should at least spend the next 3 months working on the problems in the country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu To Participate In COP 28 Climate Summit In Dubai, Departs Nigeria Wednesd by zoghys: 6:22pm On Nov 28, 2023
Loveth160:

https://.ng/2023/11/28/tinubu-to-participate-in-cop-28-climate-summit-in-dubai-departs-nigeria-wednesday/

Am beginning to lose faith in this administration, why gallivanting when the economy is in shambles. Sincerely, this doesn't make any sense to me expect there is an economic benefit which am not aware of, and even as at that can't someone else represent us. If my December ending, the statusquo still remain I will openly admit this administration won't go places like I envisage. I just hope Mr President won't disappoint, sincerely I just hope.
Re: Tinubu To Participate In COP 28 Climate Summit In Dubai, Departs Nigeria Wednesd by Truths9ja: 6:23pm On Nov 28, 2023
Ajala the traveler is going abroad again. Na still another opportunity to loots the treasury joor

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Participate In COP 28 Climate Summit In Dubai, Departs Nigeria Wednesd by Stevosty: 6:26pm On Nov 28, 2023
President on vacation, always looking forward to any opportunity.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To Participate In COP 28 Climate Summit In Dubai, Departs Nigeria Wednesd by symbianDON(m): 6:26pm On Nov 28, 2023
Not that he will make any meaningful contributions there o.....just to waste taxpayer's money

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Participate In COP 28 Climate Summit In Dubai, Departs Nigeria Wednesd by vacanci: 6:28pm On Nov 28, 2023
Oxb90:
What is he going to do there?
Like Buhari like Tinubu.
Bird of a feather.

He is the President of Nigeria
He was invited to the summit just like most other presidents

He has to be there as the president.

he will attend many of such during his tenure just as other world presidents do.

If you are not happy with that, just deal with your feelings.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Participate In COP 28 Climate Summit In Dubai, Departs Nigeria Wednesd by SensualMan: 6:30pm On Nov 28, 2023
Lmao! What does this ediot know to discuss climate change with world leaders?

This buffoon really is continuing from where Buhari stopped by jetting around the world. Afterall a dead fish can not be sweet in the soup again.

My sympathy goes out to all the Agbado's, the Ronu's, the urchins who voted the god of yoruba land. Your misery is just beginning!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yoruba Hyping Fashola's Screening Performance,is Propaganda Taken Too Far!!!. / See Hw 9ja 1st ADC Was Buried Afta He Was Killed While Defending Murtala Mohamed / Senate Defends N125b Budget For National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.