Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,526 members, 7,812,638 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

Automation Of Passport Application 99% Done, To Go Live Next Week – Tunji-Ojo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Automation Of Passport Application 99% Done, To Go Live Next Week – Tunji-Ojo (15471 Views)

Tunji-Ojo: Automatic Passport Application Process To Start January 8 / Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo In NYSC Certificate Controversy / Adeleke And Aregbesola Dance At Unveiling Of Passport Office In Osun (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Automation Of Passport Application 99% Done, To Go Live Next Week – Tunji-Ojo by Breezy90(m): 12:50pm On Nov 29, 2023
It is doable. The police character certificate is automated. Just show up at the biometrics center for capturing.way to go
Re: Automation Of Passport Application 99% Done, To Go Live Next Week – Tunji-Ojo by TopBanter: 12:51pm On Nov 29, 2023
Monaboo:
But wait o.

I thought people apply online already or is there something am missing?

You are not wrong. People apply online now seamlessly. It is a fairly pleasant experience to include making payment online and choosing your passport office and date to go and get your picture and fingerprints scan taken.

What they are proposing is to improve the online system in place so Nigerians can take their own pictures on their smartphones meaning online fingerprints scan to do at passport office which should hopefully reduce congestion as the photo-taking stage has been eradicated.

I am sure even with time an accurate fingerprint reader could be integrated to make the online application entirely automatic meaning no corrupt immigration officers to face. Just collection/delivery of passport after completion of online application.

2 Likes

Re: Automation Of Passport Application 99% Done, To Go Live Next Week – Tunji-Ojo by Monaboo(m): 12:57pm On Nov 29, 2023
TopBanter:

You are not wrong. People apply online now seamlessly. It is a fairly pleasant experience to include making payment online and choosing your passport office and date to go and get your picture and fingerprints scan taken.

What they are proposing is to improve the online system in place so Nigerians can take their own pictures on their smartphones meaning online fingerprints scan to do at passport office which should hopefully reduce congestion as the photo-taking stage has been eradicated.

I am sure even with time an accurate fingerprint reader could be integrated to make the online application entirely automatic meaning no corrupt immigration officers to face. Just collection/delivery of passport after completion of online application.

Alright.

Thanks alot for your explanation.

1 Like

Re: Automation Of Passport Application 99% Done, To Go Live Next Week – Tunji-Ojo by TopBanter: 12:58pm On Nov 29, 2023
Breezy90:
It is doable. The police character certificate is automated. Just show up at the biometrics center for capturing.way to go

That would be fab. Nothing would give me more personal joy than to defeat those corrupt and very greedy immigration officers. Put them out of business completely.

They are the most sadisitic, most evil and wicked enemies-of-progress in all Nigerian parastatals combined. No wonder Atiku thrived and became a multi-billionaire as their boss.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Automation Of Passport Application 99% Done, To Go Live Next Week – Tunji-Ojo by julaion: 12:58pm On Nov 29, 2023
Alaigbo:
Igbos will disagree just watch out.
Igbo's are not as lazy as ur forefathers

1 Like

Re: Automation Of Passport Application 99% Done, To Go Live Next Week – Tunji-Ojo by Bliztzer: 1:03pm On Nov 29, 2023
Re: Automation Of Passport Application 99% Done, To Go Live Next Week – Tunji-Ojo by PepeXKermit: 1:08pm On Nov 29, 2023
Alaigbo:

nobody disagrees with a good thing, its you who think others disagree with good things that we should be weary of the kind of mentality that got you there in the first place. dont be unfortunate in your life.
Re: Automation Of Passport Application 99% Done, To Go Live Next Week – Tunji-Ojo by Globallords(m): 1:11pm On Nov 29, 2023
Re: Automation Of Passport Application 99% Done, To Go Live Next Week – Tunji-Ojo by eliwa47(m): 1:23pm On Nov 29, 2023
Believe me things will get better, let's have a little patient 🙏

1 Like

Re: Automation Of Passport Application 99% Done, To Go Live Next Week – Tunji-Ojo by DiamondPant(f): 1:24pm On Nov 29, 2023
FuckingMachine:
Any guarantee that the immigration officers will not frustrate those that come for the 5min biometrics?
None.
But I can guarantee you that they'll still ask you to "bless" them, "appreciate" the office or "smile at them with your hands" at the point of DIV aka interview and after biometrics.
Those who refused to appreciate, bless or smile often have their passport information not sent for production or the production centre will always run out paper when it gets to producing your own.
I'm typing from experience.
Re: Automation Of Passport Application 99% Done, To Go Live Next Week – Tunji-Ojo by ericmor: 1:25pm On Nov 29, 2023
FuckingMachine:
Any guarantee that the immigration officers will not frustrate those that come for the 5min biometrics?

They will find a way to start extorting people that come for the biometrics again. Always sabotaging the system just for their own self gain
Re: Automation Of Passport Application 99% Done, To Go Live Next Week – Tunji-Ojo by rowrowland: 1:30pm On Nov 29, 2023
FuckingMachine:
Rest assured that 5mins biometric will take 5months! Anyway we won't keep quiet until the queue is automated in a transparent manner.
Re: Automation Of Passport Application 99% Done, To Go Live Next Week – Tunji-Ojo by jrusky(m): 1:34pm On Nov 29, 2023
Alaigbo:

Just say obidients animals will disagree.

1 Like

Re: Automation Of Passport Application 99% Done, To Go Live Next Week – Tunji-Ojo by Sibbb: 1:34pm On Nov 29, 2023
KarinaSlim:
Please is this Man single?

Becos my love for him has increased.

Seems he is the only one doing something right in this country.

I like what I see grin grin
Re: Automation Of Passport Application 99% Done, To Go Live Next Week – Tunji-Ojo by BennyDGreat: 1:36pm On Nov 29, 2023
billionman:
Kudos to Tunji-Ojo. He is up and doing. I got my passport ready within a month. Application, capturing, production all done in 25 days.

Which location and how much does it cost
Re: Automation Of Passport Application 99% Done, To Go Live Next Week – Tunji-Ojo by KAKERE: 1:37pm On Nov 29, 2023
Best Minister thus far! Kudos to Mr Talk and Do.

1 Like

Re: Automation Of Passport Application 99% Done, To Go Live Next Week – Tunji-Ojo by genkins(m): 1:44pm On Nov 29, 2023
Alaigbo:

Genocidal rat.
Re: Automation Of Passport Application 99% Done, To Go Live Next Week – Tunji-Ojo by OniyideAmplify(m): 1:48pm On Nov 29, 2023
billionman:
Kudos to Tunji-Ojo. He is up and doing. I got my passport ready within a month. Application, capturing, production all done in 25 days.
Pls where exactly and how much Biko.. I want to do renewal
Re: Automation Of Passport Application 99% Done, To Go Live Next Week – Tunji-Ojo by arkonpoint: 2:01pm On Nov 29, 2023
To me even a biometric capture is not necessary, what's the purpose of nin then ? We have all our data stored on NIN, why can't they extract it from there and if there's any need for verification, a phone with a fingerprint reader can help in that regard.
Re: Automation Of Passport Application 99% Done, To Go Live Next Week – Tunji-Ojo by Chiuzk: 2:07pm On Nov 29, 2023
I pray it becomes true
Re: Automation Of Passport Application 99% Done, To Go Live Next Week – Tunji-Ojo by Boldideas: 2:21pm On Nov 29, 2023
Bobloco:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/11/automation-of-passport-application-99-done-to-go-live-next-week-minister/amp/

All hail Tunji Ojo!!! The minister of power too is doing wonders.. Umahi the great is also a mega star, Wike is making the FCT to become where we travel too for holidays. I Can score Tinubu's cabinet with these men 75/100...
Re: Automation Of Passport Application 99% Done, To Go Live Next Week – Tunji-Ojo by yusufmurry: 2:25pm On Nov 29, 2023
And after that you will still fall prey to the rogues called immigration officers with the biometrics. Nigeria is full of policies but with zero implementation.

Pray that nothing takes you to any public office or institutions
Re: Automation Of Passport Application 99% Done, To Go Live Next Week – Tunji-Ojo by Abidextemi1(m): 2:27pm On Nov 29, 2023
Nice one Baba! Na wetin I wan Dey hear be this…
Re: Automation Of Passport Application 99% Done, To Go Live Next Week – Tunji-Ojo by Benwallt(m): 2:34pm On Nov 29, 2023
FuckingMachine:

That will result in exchanging of lethal blows between the citizen and any overzealous immigration officer who attempts to frustrate such citizen.

All we need is good information. Blows with reset the rest

1 Like

Re: Automation Of Passport Application 99% Done, To Go Live Next Week – Tunji-Ojo by dd12345: 2:35pm On Nov 29, 2023
Good and collect your passport, its long ready. That's collection date id just formalty. My Cousin did his capturing on October 10 and the passport is ready for collection when i went to inquire last week.
Reality2023:
Na wah o. I applied for passport since September and they gave me January 2024 date of collection
Re: Automation Of Passport Application 99% Done, To Go Live Next Week – Tunji-Ojo by Loftus(m): 2:37pm On Nov 29, 2023
What about the automation of bribes to be given to the officials for quick processing?
Re: Automation Of Passport Application 99% Done, To Go Live Next Week – Tunji-Ojo by Aguogba(m): 2:41pm On Nov 29, 2023
Server go work? "There was a glitch"
Re: Automation Of Passport Application 99% Done, To Go Live Next Week – Tunji-Ojo by femicyrus(m): 2:53pm On Nov 29, 2023
The level of corruption, extortion and bribery that will be imbedded in that 5 minutes biometric capture at passport office will shock the minister.

The minister should look for a way to make the process 100% free from uniform men interference.
Nipost should even send us the hard copy passport
Re: Automation Of Passport Application 99% Done, To Go Live Next Week – Tunji-Ojo by Ubdavis(m): 2:55pm On Nov 29, 2023
The problem of Nigeria is leadership. Once the leaders are seriously, the followers would have no option than to situp.
Re: Automation Of Passport Application 99% Done, To Go Live Next Week – Tunji-Ojo by Scarcity234: 2:56pm On Nov 29, 2023
Alaigbo:
You're wrong.
Re: Automation Of Passport Application 99% Done, To Go Live Next Week – Tunji-Ojo by gare(f): 3:31pm On Nov 29, 2023
Bobloco:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/11/automation-of-passport-application-99-done-to-go-live-next-week-minister/amp/

I really don't like this government, but this guy keeps impressing me by the day, I believe this is the best pick by Tinubu, I wish you were the President, we for no de buy fuel N670 😂 my tank de quarter to finish, God help us 🙏
Re: Automation Of Passport Application 99% Done, To Go Live Next Week – Tunji-Ojo by stanisbaratheon: 4:21pm On Nov 29, 2023
How many times are they going to automate this passport process?

Those criminally minded immigration people will still make applicant come to their offices to do it manually because of how much they want to make.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rivers Crisis: My Govt Not Fighting Anybody, Says Sim Fubara / Edo State Is Changing(pics). Kodus To Comrade Adams / Nigeria Has No Other Option But To Borrow, Says Adeosun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.