Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,945 members, 7,810,619 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

My Observation About The Black Community In A European University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Observation About The Black Community In A European University (1646 Views)

Since Lalasticala Left, My Observation / Dubai Has Just Built The Largest Observation Wheel In The World. Super Awesome. / 100% Scholarship Available In European University Of Lefke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Observation About The Black Community In A European University by Hideki(m): 3:17pm On Nov 29, 2023
I was a bit disappointed with what I noticed when I was invited by a university to give a speech on employability to international students (minority groups) in a western European University.
My target group were the MBA and Msc students as they constitute the largest pool. I observed that these students were all using recent versions of the iPhone and Samsung but over 48% of their laptops were coated with the university logo.
At first, I thought they were showing support for their school and I was like "wow you guys truly love your school by placing the school's logo on your laptops". That was when a proud student responded that they were actually borrowed .
Then I asked them, how do you practice when you have returned the laptop? How do you update your analytics skills? Your programming knowledge and your Microsoft project skills? More than half of the class had indicated interest in Business analytics, logistics ,Data management and project management but you do not have a basic laptop of your own?
I saw that as the highest level of irresponsibility. I truly felt I wasted my time.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Observation About The Black Community In A European University by udede(m): 3:45pm On Nov 29, 2023
Hideki:
I was a bit disappointed with what I noticed when I was invited by a university to give a speech on employability to international students (minority groups) in a western European University.
My target group were the MBA and Msc students as they constitute the largest pool. I observed that these students were all using recent versions of the iPhone and Samsung but over 48% of their laptops were coated with the university logo.
At first, I thought they were showing support for their school and I was like "wow you guys truly love your school by placing the school's logo on your laptops". That was when a proud student responded that they were actually borrowed .
Then I asked them, how do you practice when you have returned the laptop? How do you update your analytics skills? Your programming knowledge and your Microsoft project skills? More than half of you have indicated interested in Business analytics, logistics ,Data management and project management but you do not have a simple laptop of your own?
I saw that as the highest level of irresponsibility. I truly felt I wasted my time.
hmmm its almost normal here. You will see a young girl of 20 in school carrying a very expensive phone but her mother could not afford two square meals daily.

22 Likes

Re: My Observation About The Black Community In A European University by ahznigeriauk: 4:00pm On Nov 29, 2023
Meet with UK education consultants to discuss about studying in the UK and get FREE support and application. Learn more
Re: My Observation About The Black Community In A European University by Amotolongbo(f): 4:12pm On Nov 29, 2023
Hideki:
Then I asked them, how do you practice when you have returned the laptop? How do you update your analytics skills? Your programming knowledge and your Microsoft project skills? More than half of you have indicated interested in Business analytics, logistics ,Data management and project management but you do not have a simple laptop of your own?
You can buy them laptops to help their ministries.

FYI, their laptops were part of the assets they sold in Nigeria for them to ger there

2 Likes

Re: My Observation About The Black Community In A European University by PlsStayAlive: 5:22pm On Nov 29, 2023
Amotolongbo:

FYI, their laptops were part of the assets they sold in Nigeria for them to ger there
And the iPhone's they are holding?

19 Likes

Re: My Observation About The Black Community In A European University by Rich4god(m): 7:57pm On Nov 29, 2023
Most Nigerian always want to show off. They want to appear as big boys and big girls. So this shouldn't surprise you.

10 Likes

Re: My Observation About The Black Community In A European University by Hideki(m): 11:20pm On Nov 29, 2023
Amotolongbo:

I think I should also pay their tuition

10 Likes

Re: My Observation About The Black Community In A European University by LikeAking: 11:57pm On Nov 29, 2023
Hideki:
Then I asked them, how do you practice when you have returned the laptop? How do you update your analytics skills? Your programming knowledge and your Microsoft project skills? More than half of the class had indicated interest in Business analytics, logistics ,Data management and project management but you do not have a basic laptop of your own?

Control your emotions..

Don’t be quick to judge.

Mind ya biz.

A white man will not worry about such development, only a Nigerian will do.

We are always bothered about irrelevant things.

Secondly, I smell lies..

1 Like

Re: My Observation About The Black Community In A European University by LikeAking: 11:58pm On Nov 29, 2023
Amotolongbo:

Save ur strength.

Don’t boda reply OP..

Na the work dem send am to do?

To check lapi…

Nonsense!
Re: My Observation About The Black Community In A European University by Demayour: 1:27am On Nov 30, 2023
LikeAking:

Control your emotions..

Don’t be quick to judge.

Mind ya biz.

A white man will not worry about such development, only a Nigerian will do.

We are always bothered about irrelevant things.

Secondly, I smell lies..

White man may not worry about it but trust me, there's something about them that make them prioritise knowledge more than materialism while its the opposite for us.

So trust me, the op is on point. We really need to learn from the Asians!

5 Likes

Re: My Observation About The Black Community In A European University by Karleb(m): 5:15am On Nov 30, 2023
One thing I have noticed about some blacks abroad is they Iike free things without putting the required effort and if they don't get it, they complain and call it racism or patriarchy grin

Their level of entitlement is really disheartening

2 Likes

Re: My Observation About The Black Community In A European University by Woodshot: 6:22am On Nov 30, 2023
On one point; I 'm here thinking that if they all had it then what it means is that they paid to use them in fees. They're not using it for free. What's the essence of having yours when you have got easy access to the school's property. Have it in mind that one way or the other they must have paid for it.

1 Like

Re: My Observation About The Black Community In A European University by Bulletproofgt: 7:08am On Nov 30, 2023
The same character and behavior their political leaders and Tinubu lives, borrow to live flashy life's

1 Like

Re: My Observation About The Black Community In A European University by online4business: 7:18am On Nov 30, 2023
People wey nova step outside Nigeria dey give advice to someone wey dey observe things for himself.

See as poverty take dey start for Us and UK person dey warn them them say white man no go notice na because him black na why

Most of the phones are funded with student loans (the greatest poverty schemes develop to keep Americans poor)

You'll work at least 10 solid years before you can pay a 4 years loan.

But that's not all.

And you'll still continue to take loan at high interest... Is that not slavery?

They call people with FICO score of 50+ roaches at car stand's why?

People with high Fico score get loan at below 1% the super rick

People with low fico score get loan between 7-20% to keep the poor even poorer.

I know people who owe $20-30k in dept funding their education in us and UK.

Abeg leave matter for market women.

Never take a loan for superficial things like phone or anything that does not bring in more money.

Nwa na WA ooo

Pay cash student loan is like carrying an elephant on your back.

1 Like

Re: My Observation About The Black Community In A European University by lightdreamx: 7:33am On Nov 30, 2023
Wow had a wonderful expereince
Re: My Observation About The Black Community In A European University by Panda7(m): 7:48am On Nov 30, 2023
The fear of social media, they say is the beginning of knowledge. People prefer to tweak a software built by an entrepreneur to developing themselves.
Re: My Observation About The Black Community In A European University by jedisco(m): 8:10am On Nov 30, 2023
Hideki:

You should avoid using one brush

If the uni lent them a laptop, then manytimes, that'd be with them for the duration of their studies and hence could be used for whatever practice in or outside school.
On completion of their studies, many who are cash strung would have earned anough to get a good laptop.

Also, in the Westen world today, using Samsung or iphone is not a sign of opulence or waste. Many of those 'big' phones can be purchased cheaply off ebay.

Your post reminds me of Nigerians who see owning a car as waste. And chorus 'a depreciating asset'. They'd rather families kerp jumping okada, trekking on dusty roads or getting cramped into tiny busses. The fact that this is what you noticed says alot

2 Likes

Re: My Observation About The Black Community In A European University by LikeAking: 10:50am On Nov 30, 2023
Demayour:

White man may not worry about it but trust me, there's something about them that make them prioritise knowledge more than materialism while its the opposite for us.

So trust me, the op is on point. We really need to learn from the Asians!

Assumptions!
Re: My Observation About The Black Community In A European University by Demayour: 10:55am On Nov 30, 2023
LikeAking:

Assumptions!

The evidence is everywhere. We are more materialistic than them.

Prove me wrong if you're sure.
Re: My Observation About The Black Community In A European University by LikeAking: 12:07pm On Nov 30, 2023
Demayour:

The evidence is everywhere. We are more materialistic than them.

Prove me wrong if you're sure.

Materialistic cos of phones?

Op reasons like a typical Nigerians always looking for faults instead of solutions..

A smart white man will see the opportunities in this situation and supply them laptops, but a black man will always see faults…

This problem, if true can be an area he will create a business empire from.

Secondly they may have lapi, or even if they don’t have it, it shouldn’t boda the Op… They will make the necessary investment if they have any need for it..

Op type are the type of Nigerians causing troubles for us.
Re: My Observation About The Black Community In A European University by Demayour: 12:28pm On Nov 30, 2023
LikeAking:

Op reasons like a typical Nigerians always looking for faults instead of solutions..

A smart white man will see the opportunities in this situation and supply them laptops, but a black man will always see faults…

Secondly they may have lapi, or even if they don’t have it, it shouldn’t boda the Op… They will make the necessary investment if they have any need for it..

Oya clap for yourself......
Re: My Observation About The Black Community In A European University by Kaido: 2:27pm On Nov 30, 2023
LikeAking:

You really don't get it.
Re: My Observation About The Black Community In A European University by CHRISTFUCKER: 3:21pm On Nov 30, 2023
Stop taking colos

(1) (Reply)

Neco Gce / Uniport 2009/2010 Post-ume Results Released / Is Lautech Post Utme Results Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.