Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,975 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Fayemi To Speak At UN Climate Change Conference In Dubai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayemi To Speak At UN Climate Change Conference In Dubai (5299 Views)

Buhari Abandons UN Climate Change Conference, Jets To London To See Doctors - SR / President Buhari To Attend Climate Change Conference In Glasgow / Ekiti Guber: Okada Riders Get Free Fuel From Fayemi, To Convey Passengers Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayemi To Speak At UN Climate Change Conference In Dubai by AngelGabbyShara(m): 9:33am On Nov 30, 2023
Dr Kayode Fayemi, the immediate past Governor of Ekiti State and President of the Forum of Regions of Africa (FORAF) will be a speaker at the UN Climate Change Conference, otherwise called COP 28, which will take place in Dubai in the United Arab Emirate from November 30th until December 12th 2023.

Fayemi has been invited to the conference in his capacity as President of FORAF, the regional platform that seeks to strengthen governance and promote sustainable development in Africa’s towns and cities. He will speak on “The Role of Sub-National Governments in Operationalization of Loss and Damage Fund” at the side event organized by the United Cities and Local Governments of Africa (UCLG Africa) on December 2nd.

The Loss and Damage Fund is a mechanism that was established at COP 27 in Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt to provide financial assistance to developing countries that are particularly vulnerable to the impacts of climate change. The fund is expected to be operationalized in 2024.

Fayemi’s speech will focus on the role that sub-national governments can play in the operationalization of the Loss and Damage Fund. He will argue that sub-national governments have a critical role to play in identifying and assessing the needs of vulnerable communities, and in ensuring that the funds are used effectively and efficiently.

Fayemi’s participation in COP 28 is an important opportunity for FORAF to raise the profile of sub-national governments in the climate change debate. It is also an opportunity to highlight the work that FORAF is doing to support sustainable development in Africa’s towns and cities.

Signed
Mallam Ahmad Sajoh
Head, the Fayemi Media Office, Abuja
November 30, 2023.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02xxfBUvgcg55NeLYEBwyusyFRP7zwqnZkwSqVYCcECd77rGkUwDqTkQnZfwd4kVwxl&id=100000223680706&mibextid=UyTHkb

Re: Fayemi To Speak At UN Climate Change Conference In Dubai by kokoA(m): 9:35am On Nov 30, 2023
Mcheeww

3 Likes

Re: Fayemi To Speak At UN Climate Change Conference In Dubai by TemplarLandry: 9:56am On Nov 30, 2023
cool
Re: Fayemi To Speak At UN Climate Change Conference In Dubai by omojeesu(m): 10:58am On Nov 30, 2023
Climate Change scam!

5 Likes

Re: Fayemi To Speak At UN Climate Change Conference In Dubai by ATEAMS: 10:59am On Nov 30, 2023
Work dey there.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi To Speak At UN Climate Change Conference In Dubai by abobote: 11:00am On Nov 30, 2023
Fayemi deserves to be the foreign minister, he is one person I like in APC.

He doesn't play violent politics

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi To Speak At UN Climate Change Conference In Dubai by Matrix137(m): 11:00am On Nov 30, 2023
Climate change is a global phenomenon that needs to be addressed critically ASAP cos the negative signs are all over the world and this year is probably the worst in 10 years. The loss of live caused by natural Disasters this year is unimaginable. God help us all

Someone please help me out with any amount to buy foodstuffs please. I'm starving 🥺

07 25 00 93 40 access bank, Emeka
Re: Fayemi To Speak At UN Climate Change Conference In Dubai by easyfem(m): 11:03am On Nov 30, 2023
Re: Fayemi To Speak At UN Climate Change Conference In Dubai by money121(m): 11:03am On Nov 30, 2023
Ok
Re: Fayemi To Speak At UN Climate Change Conference In Dubai by atobs4real(m): 11:03am On Nov 30, 2023
What will that change?

1 Like

Re: Fayemi To Speak At UN Climate Change Conference In Dubai by atobs4real(m): 11:03am On Nov 30, 2023
What will that change?
Well, self connect

1 Like

Re: Fayemi To Speak At UN Climate Change Conference In Dubai by atobs4real(m): 11:04am On Nov 30, 2023
What will that change?
Well, self connect and your family

1 Like

Re: Fayemi To Speak At UN Climate Change Conference In Dubai by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:05am On Nov 30, 2023
grin grin grin

This one has lobbied with millions of dollars to speak at one conference to boost his PR image. Someone that did nothing as a governor.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayemi To Speak At UN Climate Change Conference In Dubai by b0rn2fuck(m): 11:06am On Nov 30, 2023
Why Nigeria is changing other wise for the worst , some says it's looking promising while hunger becoming part of our system

4 Likes

Re: Fayemi To Speak At UN Climate Change Conference In Dubai by wwwkaycom(m): 11:07am On Nov 30, 2023
Dr John Kayode Fayemi is best candidate for Minister of Foreign Affairs. The Presidency and Ekiti people didn't see it that way.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi To Speak At UN Climate Change Conference In Dubai by bassdow: 11:11am On Nov 30, 2023
mayBe this would change the fact rain is still falling even by December 1st.

Maybe this would change the fact that of recent, Hamathan season either never comes, or appears during end of February.
Re: Fayemi To Speak At UN Climate Change Conference In Dubai by bassdow: 11:11am On Nov 30, 2023
...but I wonder wetin Nigerian government sabi about climate change. Sheybi na dem go still burn a shipLoad of seized crude oil later. At least na wetin dem dey tell us

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayemi To Speak At UN Climate Change Conference In Dubai by BigBlvck: 11:11am On Nov 30, 2023
I'm not a fan of the president, but one thing I like about him is that; he makes all his allies relevant in governance even though they're not holding any political offices. I wish Fayemi well.

1 Like

[quote author=bassdow post=127241181][/quote]
Re: Fayemi To Speak At UN Climate Change Conference In Dubai by Headward: 11:16am On Nov 30, 2023
abobote:
Fayemi deserves to be the foreign minister, he is one person I like in APC.

He doesn't play violent politics

They play. what did he do to deserve that? While he was a Minister then,what was the benefits from him to his state?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi To Speak At UN Climate Change Conference In Dubai by seguno2: 11:29am On Nov 30, 2023
AngelGabbyShara:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02xxfBUvgcg55NeLYEBwyusyFRP7zwqnZkwSqVYCcECd77rGkUwDqTkQnZfwd4kVwxl&id=100000223680706&mibextid=UyTHkb

Will he try to play politics with the organisers just as he and his fellow APC crooks did in 2012, to deny 200 million Nigerians of the benefits of telecoms deregulation in the petrol market?

Or he will tell them how he looted Ekiti state for eight years instead of employing workers to do everything the government is supposed to do

Fuel subsidy: We played politics with 2012 Occupy Nigeria – Fayemi

5th September 2023

A former Governor of Ekiti State, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, on Tuesday, said the protest that trailed the fuel subsidy removal during the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan in 2012 was due to political interests.

https://punchng.com/breaking-fuel-subsidy-we-played-politics-with-2012-occupy-nigeria-fayemi/?amp

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi To Speak At UN Climate Change Conference In Dubai by seguno2: 11:31am On Nov 30, 2023
bassdow:
...but I wonder wetin Nigerian government sabi about climate change. Sheybi na dem go still burn a shipLoad of seized crude oil later. At least na wetin dem dey tell us

You are one of the rare Nigerians who think far and deep.
Well done sir.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi To Speak At UN Climate Change Conference In Dubai by EmperorCaesar(m): 11:37am On Nov 30, 2023
MyVILLAGEpeople:
grin grin grin

This one has lobbied with millions of dollars to speak at one conference to boost his PR image. Someone that did nothing as a governor.

So he lobbied with millions of dollars just to get this

God, how do I even get to share a country with this kinda people that do not believe in excellence

Guy, Do u even know anything about the Scholarly Fayemi
Re: Fayemi To Speak At UN Climate Change Conference In Dubai by Oboto700(m): 11:41am On Nov 30, 2023
Matrix137:
Climate change is a global phenomenon that needs to be addressed critically ASAP cos the negative signs are all over the world and this year is probably the worst in 10 years. The loss of live caused by natural Disasters this year is unimaginable. God help us all

Someone please help me out with any amount to buy foodstuffs please. I'm starving 🥺

07 25 00 93 40 access bank, Emeka
you are typing nonsense... the world is going to an end already... better focus on life to come..
Re: Fayemi To Speak At UN Climate Change Conference In Dubai by Matrix137(m): 11:54am On Nov 30, 2023
Oboto700:
you are typing nonsense... the world is going to an end already... better focus on life to come..
Are you ready? Cos i am. Nothing worth living for honestly. The world has gone to shit but Jesus still saves and is King still 👑
Re: Fayemi To Speak At UN Climate Change Conference In Dubai by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 12:03pm On Nov 30, 2023
EmperorCaesar:

So he lobbied with millions of dollars just to get this

God, how do I even get to share a country with this kinda people that do not believe in excellence

Guy, Do u even know anything about the Scholarly Fayemi

Tell his achievement as governor apart from building one local airport that planes don't even land on lol
Re: Fayemi To Speak At UN Climate Change Conference In Dubai by FireUpNow(m): 12:33pm On Nov 30, 2023
Will this peg USD1 to #10?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Extortion By Security Operatives Is Increasing Price Of Grain — Kebbi Traders / Can Africans Govern Themselves Well? (nigeria) / Noticeable Improvement In The Health Sector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.