Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,278 members, 7,811,827 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

Peseiro To NFF: Pay Me, Don’t Teach Me My Job - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Peseiro To NFF: Pay Me, Don’t Teach Me My Job (16410 Views)

I Want My Friend, José Peseiro To Win The AFCON - Jose Mourinho / How Corruption Probe Led To NFF, CAF Clash, Pinnick’s Exit / Emmanuel Ikpeme Injured As DSS Moved Back To NFF Glasshouse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peseiro To NFF: Pay Me, Don’t Teach Me My Job by robosky02(m): 10:44am On Nov 30, 2023
Peseiro to NFF: Pay me, don’t teach me my job
30th November 2023

•Sports Minister summons Portuguese coach

Super Eagles coach, Jose Peseiro, told the Nigeria Football Federation Technical Committee not to teach him his job but rather pay him and his team their outstanding allowances,

Peseiro allegedly said this while reacting to the NFF Technical Committee Chairman, Shariff Ahlan’s comment in the wake of his future as Eagles coach, stating that the Eagles job is bigger than the Portuguese.

Ahlan told Peseiro in a meeting in Lisbon, Portugal in October that the Eagles had been struggling due to his poor technical abilities.

“You’re busy to pay me my allowances but not busy to tell me what I will do,” Peseiro replied Ahlan when he was told that he would defend his squad list for subsequent games.

Despite guiding Nigeria to qualification for the forthcoming Africa Cup of Nations in Ivory Coast, Peseiro’s uninspiring side trails Rwanda and South Africa in their 2026 World Cup qualifying campaign on the back of two 1-1 draws against Lesotho and Zimbabwe.

In 15 games in charge of the Eagles, Peseiro has won six and lost six with the three-time African champions scoring 31 times – with 10 coming in one game against Sao Tome and Principe – and conceded 21 goals.

“Henceforth, if I remain in the technical committee, if he submits a professional list he would come and justify the list in front of the committee explaining why he invited each player based on their statistics and club performance.

“From our side, we’ve said Peseiro can’t do the job, if you look at how he runs the affairs of the team it seems the Nigeria national team is bigger than him honestly.”

Meanwhile, Sports Minister, John Enoh, has summoned Peseiro over the poor performance of the Eagles in the 2026 World Cup qualifying campaign.

Enoh made this known during a media parley with journalists in Abuja on Wednesday.

He said, “I am happy to report that I had a meeting with the NFF president, secretary and the Technical Department of NFF regarding the Super Eagles.

“What we came out of that is that I’ve had to request that the coach (Peseiro) be summoned and I think at some point next week there’s going to be an engagement with him.

“All of that is trying to respond to the outcome of these matches, especially the World Cup qualifying games.

While reacting to the call from some football stakeholders that the Portuguese should be sacked over poor results, Enoh said that despite the emotions and passions of Nigerians over football, the decision to sack a coach is not taken due to emotions.

“As a minister, I am concerned that the Nigeria national team is not delivering, not meeting up with our expectations. The Africa Cup of Nations is so close that we need to be careful in what decisions we make but the next qualification rounds for the World Cup, the next match is in June, so it gives us more time to take decisions going forward.

“AFCON is going to start January 13, are we going to request to fire the coach (Peseiro), I mean the answer is as good as mine.

“I have found out that in this sector, there are passions and emotions. Where you are seated and where I am providing leadership, you don’t respond, you know you are not driven by passions and emotions.”

https://punchng.com/peseiro-to-nff-pay-me-dont-teach-me-my-job/?amp

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peseiro To NFF: Pay Me, Don’t Teach Me My Job by Winner444: 10:45am On Nov 30, 2023
Guts

Every Nigerian ought to own a portion of the Federal Capital Territory. Abuja is our common heritage as Nigerian citizens.

The good thing is, Land no cost for Abuja, Na you wan buy am for Maitama. Even sef, Land no even cost for Maitama, Na you no buy am on time.

For as low as 800k, 1M, 2M, 3M etc, you can become a Landlord in Abuja. Don't take my word for it, you can click this LINK to see for yourself.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peseiro To NFF: Pay Me, Don’t Teach Me My Job by robosky02(m): 11:12am On Nov 30, 2023
I don't blame the NFF

It's former minister and former NFF collabo that put nigeria in this aboki shit

28 Likes

Re: Peseiro To NFF: Pay Me, Don’t Teach Me My Job by 22o62021: 11:42am On Nov 30, 2023
Them no tell am say NFF still de owe rohr before he took the job.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peseiro To NFF: Pay Me, Don’t Teach Me My Job by GanagiBitrus: 11:56am On Nov 30, 2023
NFF should hire a more affordable indigenous coach, & stop subjecting the country to global ridicle.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peseiro To NFF: Pay Me, Don’t Teach Me My Job by robosky02(m): 1:20pm On Nov 30, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
NFF should hire a more affordable indigenous coach, & stop subjecting the country to global ridicle.

It's just crazy

A technocrat at the NFF can effectively pay our coaches without this out cries

But this NFF officials are just after their pockets

17 Likes

Re: Peseiro To NFF: Pay Me, Don’t Teach Me My Job by omoladunniyo(f): 9:55am On Dec 02, 2023
What is wrong with our system

12 Likes

Re: Peseiro To NFF: Pay Me, Don’t Teach Me My Job by gassbee: 9:56am On Dec 02, 2023
Always quarrelling with coaches

7 Likes

Re: Peseiro To NFF: Pay Me, Don’t Teach Me My Job by Woodshot: 9:56am On Dec 02, 2023
Agreement is Agreement

5 Likes

Re: Peseiro To NFF: Pay Me, Don’t Teach Me My Job by Mindlog: 9:56am On Dec 02, 2023
In 2053 if Nigeria still exists then as presently constituted, NFF will owe the coach.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peseiro To NFF: Pay Me, Don’t Teach Me My Job by mannobi(m): 9:57am On Dec 02, 2023
Can you see what NFF has caused. Sometimes I feel those in NFF are cursed to always bring doom to the country. I mean is this pajero supposed to be called a coach?
Who ever has cursed NFF should please set them free cos this is beyond ordinary

16 Likes

Re: Peseiro To NFF: Pay Me, Don’t Teach Me My Job by Dcaliphate(m): 9:57am On Dec 02, 2023
I don't know how a government can be this shameless, it really beats me

6 Likes

Re: Peseiro To NFF: Pay Me, Don’t Teach Me My Job by Kukutenla: 9:57am On Dec 02, 2023
Be like this Sports minister nor know him job o
Wetin concern you concern coach? Wetin you wan follow am talk? Oga your job is to ensure development of sports not chasing coach up and down as if you know anything about their job

8 Likes

Re: Peseiro To NFF: Pay Me, Don’t Teach Me My Job by adioolayi(m): 9:58am On Dec 02, 2023
You see..

Na person wey get money fit dictate the tune..

You dey owe person and you expected optimal performance and at the same time you get audacity to question his performance...how

E go simply tell you he is hungry ..so, can't perform optimally.

Unfortunately, you can't sack him without paying the salary owed and even compensation for breaching agreement of early termination of contract.

This is why it's important for NFF to hire coaches they can pay their salaries without hiccups. Don't go for what you cannot afford!

NFF sef angry

15 Likes

Re: Peseiro To NFF: Pay Me, Don’t Teach Me My Job by mrkings84(m): 9:59am On Dec 02, 2023
HAHAHA.... SO NIGERIANS ARE EXPECTING A FOREIGNER TO DO BETTER FOR US THAN WHAT WE ARE DOING FOR OURSELVES....!!!

HAHAHAHAHAAH.......

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peseiro To NFF: Pay Me, Don’t Teach Me My Job by money121(m): 10:00am On Dec 02, 2023
Ok

1 Like

Re: Peseiro To NFF: Pay Me, Don’t Teach Me My Job by MorataFC: 10:00am On Dec 02, 2023
grin
When employee is threatened the employer grin
Re: Peseiro To NFF: Pay Me, Don’t Teach Me My Job by IjebuWarrior: 10:01am On Dec 02, 2023
grin
Re: Peseiro To NFF: Pay Me, Don’t Teach Me My Job by dunski: 10:01am On Dec 02, 2023
Why should he submit his squad list for vetting?Let the man do his job-He will bear the consequence for failure.People that cannot run football administration want to select players for national team.frying pan to fire

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peseiro To NFF: Pay Me, Don’t Teach Me My Job by ecolime(m): 10:02am On Dec 02, 2023
NFF is a joke

1 Like

Re: Peseiro To NFF: Pay Me, Don’t Teach Me My Job by crossfm: 10:02am On Dec 02, 2023
Hehehe.

Poseidon don ves grin.

Nigeria can owe, even the dead is not exempted.

This guy is a clown Sha, I can coach the current super eagles better grin cheesy.

We have good players,na coach we no get.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peseiro To NFF: Pay Me, Don’t Teach Me My Job by frankson1(m): 10:02am On Dec 02, 2023
NFF has been wasting money on clueless foreign coaches. If these coaches were that good, they won't be available for the Nigeria team.

How can they pay for a professional coach but the team keeps playing like amateurs undecided

The NFF is another money milking ministry and needs total 'over hauling'. It's time retired players to start heading this ministry and everything about football.

2 Likes

Re: Peseiro To NFF: Pay Me, Don’t Teach Me My Job by firearcher: 10:03am On Dec 02, 2023
Kai. Pay your employee as agreed and you go get mouth.

1 Like

Re: Peseiro To NFF: Pay Me, Don’t Teach Me My Job by Femisol(m): 10:06am On Dec 02, 2023
NFF house of commotion grin

Me I just want to see my fine boy Osimhen lift the AFCON!!! Nothing more nothing less

4 Likes

Re: Peseiro To NFF: Pay Me, Don’t Teach Me My Job by PepeXKermit: 10:06am On Dec 02, 2023
22o62021:
Them no tell am say NFF still de owe rohr before he took the job.

Lmao. Clear am oooo.. hahaha

1 Like

Re: Peseiro To NFF: Pay Me, Don’t Teach Me My Job by Eriokanmi: 10:06am On Dec 02, 2023
Shameful. I'm sure this will hit the fifa homepage soon and the entire world would be laughing at us once again.

But what happened to our indigenous coaches? Where's samson siasia? The unfortunate fifa ban would soon be over on him, if not over already. He'd do a much better job, given his antecedents. We can owe our indigenous chaches and they'd still carry on in the spirit of nationhood and oneness. All these white parasites have nothing good to offer. Worst case, they carry their baggage and leave anytime. It's when they want to steal that the NFF would be shopping for foreign coaches. Awon ole

4 Likes

Re: Peseiro To NFF: Pay Me, Don’t Teach Me My Job by jaxxy(m): 10:07am On Dec 02, 2023
pay u what? go to court

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ndidi Will Be Back For Leicester City’s League Opener Against Wolves – Rodgers / Manchester United Reportedly Preparing £60 Million Bid For Willian / Barcelona And PSG Meet To Discuss Neymar Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.