Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,271 members, 7,954,056 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:37 AM

Another Tale Of Two Websites - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Another Tale Of Two Websites (840 Views)

Two Websites For Sale, One Forum Like Nairaland And One Job Site Like Jobberman / I Have Got Two Websites That Realy Can Rescue You Financialy. Check It Out! / A Tale Of Two Websites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Tale Of Two Websites by WebMonk(m): 10:10am On Sep 15, 2007
<removed>
Re: Another Tale Of Two Websites by my2cents(m): 11:00am On Sep 15, 2007
LOL (sorry to laugh, just bear with me, you will understand why),

pretty interesting story. b/w the 2 sites, I will say yours is better. I can now c y the other site is free. In particular, there are ghost pixels on all the photos on there. At least you got paid, unlike me with respect to a site I did for someone about a year ago now (that will be under "a tale of 2 sites, part 3" some day grin).

So y did I laugh at the onset of this post? Well, I did some googling to see where both sites ranked. As it turns out, you might be looking at a tale of 3 sites (or more) literally. I also found this site too: http://firecharismaticchapel.com/index.htm

How many "churches" does this "look like 419 'prophet'" run? I bet you he takes up 100s of thousands in collection, yet he couldn't pay you perhaps 1% of that? I used to take up 100% of the money I charge at the end of a project. Now, thanks to pple like him, I take nothing less than 50% up front. It seems, when they pay something, they feel obligated to pay in full.

Nice post though. May God help us all in this industry where we put in a lot of sweat to learn latest technologies, assemble all we know onto one website, all in an attempt to "wow" the client but yet, usually get little or nothing in return.
Re: Another Tale Of Two Websites by WebMonk(m): 11:15am On Sep 15, 2007
shocked shocked shocked shocked

I JUST PASSED OUT. Good lord!. I'm an unknown victim of 419? (How crazy can it get?)

This is the kind of thing that dents our image. CAN YOU IMAGINE? I'm this shocked cause i've heard of 419 in many forms, BUT THIS! (And to think you won't be caugth)

TO DO LIST:
Do research background on all future clients. Pronto!
Re: Another Tale Of Two Websites by my2cents(m): 11:34am On Sep 15, 2007
Thatz right webmonk,

Google is a very powerful tool. As a rule, I always google anyone I work/come into contact with - friends, clients, co-workers, managers, etc. Why? because you never know. In fact, I read an article a while back that said many employers in the states now google prospective employees as the last step of their hiring process. This is y u need to be careful with respect to what you post online (forums, blogs, etc). Luckily enough, I have been ahead of the game grin

(1) (Reply)

The Best Website In Nigeria / Website Designs Help / Free Traffic Tips For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.