Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Are Men Of God Good Role Models? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Men Of God Good Role Models? (3629 Views)

Is GOD GOOD TO YOU THIS YEAR / Pastor Chris Warns Comedians: Don't Joke With Men Of God! / In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Men Of God Good Role Models? by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 30, 2011
[b]The gospel of St John,chapter 10 verses11 and 12;
11.I am the good shepherd;The good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
12.But he that is a hireling,and not the shepherd,whose own the sheep are not,seeth the wolf coming and leaveth the sheep,and fleeth,and the wolf catcheth them and scattereth the sheep.

The Holy Bible KJV.

The question is do Men of God qualify to be called good role models? Do they really care for the sheep they are meant to tender and protect? A situation where the Man of God is more concerned with turning the gospel into a meal ticket which he uses to accumulate as much wealth as possible for him self and his family,to the detriment of the sheep he is supposed to protect from the wolf.In fact the men of God now qualify to be called the WOLVES because they are now preying on the sheep they are supposed to protect from danger.
Man of God what are you accumulating so much wealth for?
Why not spare a thought for the poor members of your congregation and try to feed them and clothe them instead of fleecing them of their tithes every sunday?
Those men of God claiming to perform miracles: Why not go out into the streets and perform these miracles on the numerous blind and sick people on the streets? The Paccelli school of the blind is situated in a nice part of Lagos-why not go there and cure all the blind students instead of performing contrived miracles on the internet?

As far as I am concerned Men of God are not role models and most of them have no faith in God to protect them from danger and this is why they go around with so many police officers as body guards to save them from the poor masses they fleece every day.

My advise to most men of God is that you NEED Jesus!
Go out today and DO something GOOD for the people.Stop cheating them out of their money in the name of offerings and tithes!Take care of the widows in your church.Take care of the poor and needy.Sell your private jets and planes and use the proceeds to help the poor.Throw open the doors of your private universities to the children of the poor members of your congregation so that they too can have access to quality education-after all it is their money which you collected from them in the name of offerings and tithes.Help the poor to attain quality health care.Do SOMETHING GOOD FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE!
May be then people can regard you as a role model-Yes I am talking to YOU!
YOU KNOW YOURSELF![/b]
Re: Are Men Of God Good Role Models? by PastorKun(m): 2:01pm On Oct 30, 2011
Very nicely written and articulated. If only 50% of the so called of God in Nigeria would truely follow the teachings of Christ, poverty would reduce by at least 90% in Nigeria and more souls would be drawn to christ cause of the REAL (not imagined) positive impact on lives the church would have made in the lives of unbelievers.
Re: Are Men Of God Good Role Models? by dare2think: 9:45am On Oct 31, 2011
Some are good role models,

TO FRAUDSTERS.
Re: Are Men Of God Good Role Models? by Beync(f): 10:25am On Oct 31, 2011
As in being good shephereds with humility and focus on services or stealing church money with bible, which?
Re: Are Men Of God Good Role Models? by abey2(m): 10:34am On Oct 31, 2011
I don't ever follow them blindly though, I only select the truth in there preachings and leaave the untrue ones. grin grin grin
Re: Are Men Of God Good Role Models? by cold(m): 10:43am On Oct 31, 2011
@Op you have fired the first salvo thus leaving yourself open to attack.Watch how they come for you.How dare you, a mere mortal question the metaphysical & supernatural powers of the Men of Con?Retract this article now while you still can or else. . . .This is fair warning
Re: Are Men Of God Good Role Models? by manmustwac(m): 10:46am On Oct 31, 2011
NO! Good role models are a scarce commodity in Nigeria.
Re: Are Men Of God Good Role Models? by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 31, 2011
Your role model should be Christ Jesus not some mere man.

The true men who love GOD in this day and age are few and far between. If you follow some of them you might fall into the ditch.

Follow Jesus Christ and his way of life, that way you will not be ensnared by the lies of these prosperity , name it and claim it movement false prophets/teachers/pastors.

Again JESUS is your role model.
Re: Are Men Of God Good Role Models? by begwong: 11:00am On Oct 31, 2011
Models Like the incarcerated Rev King? grin grin grin grin
Re: Are Men Of God Good Role Models? by badesco(m): 11:12am On Oct 31, 2011
They are suppose to be good model but unfortunately they are not. And most of them are agent of Satan. How do you explain , A supposedly Man of God that has 3 or 4 Private Jets? is that a role model? MY answer is Capital NO NO NO.
Re: Are Men Of God Good Role Models? by omo9ja1(m): 11:33am On Oct 31, 2011
Good write up

but let us look the other way, these men of God take the gospel away from them what are they in the society? for instance some of them have good degree and they left their profession and follow the call, I know many people will get me wrong but If we have good aircraft in Nigeria many would not buy any jet, remember a while back a successful preacher, teacher, sister, mother lost her life if she have one of the private jet today that fellow will still alive changing life of youth.

I know some men of God have question to answer but let God be the judge.

God bless Nigeria
Re: Are Men Of God Good Role Models? by ariyebaba(m): 11:46am On Oct 31, 2011
We av allowed ourselves to be used & dumped by d so called men of God. I wonder when able bodied men and women run after their pastors for prayers ( breakthrough,prosperity,etc) . I av never seen where pastors eat,sleep,bath,walk and do other things for their members. There is nothing like men of God.
Re: Are Men Of God Good Role Models? by smoothlips(m): 12:23pm On Oct 31, 2011
and they fry their hair and wear expensive jackets ( I NO CALL NYBODY NAME OOOH!), 97% of them are business men, they care very little about the REAL lost of this world.
when i wz small, during intensive praise and worship demons were been cast out, one person prophecies and another interprets, this days na plasma we dey watch for church, cheesy
Re: Are Men Of God Good Role Models? by DonJuan1(m): 12:51pm On Oct 31, 2011
Good write up

but let us look the other way, these men of God take the gospel away from them what are they in the society? for instance some of them have good degree and they left their profession and follow the call, I know many people will get me wrong but If we have good aircraft in Nigeria many would not buy any jet, remember a while back a successful preacher, teacher, sister, mother lost her life if she have one of the private jet today that fellow will still alive changing life of youth.

I know some men of God have question to answer but let God be the judge.

God bless Nigeria

Is that applicable to men of God? To be fearful of death? Remember Psalm 23vs4. If people who claim to be close to God do not trust God but put their trust in material things as in Psalm 20vs7, then should the ordinary man listen to their teachings anymore?
Re: Are Men Of God Good Role Models? by Isokoman1(m): 1:35pm On Oct 31, 2011
MEN OF GOD?

ALL NA FORMAT, DON'T FOOLED!
Re: Are Men Of God Good Role Models? by highland(m): 1:41pm On Oct 31, 2011
Yes in some quarters.
Re: Are Men Of God Good Role Models? by stagger: 1:57pm On Oct 31, 2011
OP,

You have to understand that there is --the pastor as a minister of God

and

---the pastor as the human being.

Both are very different, so if you are waiting for a man of God to be your role model instead of using Christ Himself as your role model, you will wait forever. I used to attend a church where some of the guys wanted us to contribute N50,000 each to buy a jeep for the pastor when I was fully aware that there were people who could not pay school fees in the same church. I objected and became a pariah. Of course I left the place.

My experience there was what guided me to make a selected choice of where I am attending now, and what I subscribe to. But I can actively tell you that the only role model I have is Jesus Christ. Not any human being.

You should adopt the same approach too and that way, you will not be losing sleep over some of the things that you see.
Re: Are Men Of God Good Role Models? by martinosi: 3:23pm On Oct 31, 2011
Bishop David Oyedepo is a Good Role Model, If your Spirituality has no
Economic & Social Benefit, then its as good as Useless

This man has been a source/influence for change in Nigeria in the Education, Publishing, Agriculture &
Business Sector,
Re: Are Men Of God Good Role Models? by oluwabamis(m): 4:05pm On Oct 31, 2011
This is a serious issue in the body of christ. These "men of God" tell you that giving to them is ur only source of prosperity. The same bible that says u should give to those who minister to ur soul also says you shouldnt forget the poor and fatherless, today's church has elevated the former scripture and "deleted" the latter. the reason why these super-rich pastors keep on accumulating wealth without mindinding the condition of the members of their congregation. God help us o. The xtian has a right to his money, to administer it the way God laid it in his heart, read and understand the story of ananias and saphira, dont be under any pressure to give in church, cos u will be doing that out of compulsion and not cheerfully.
Re: Are Men Of God Good Role Models? by karpenter: 4:07pm On Oct 31, 2011
The question is do Men of God qualify to be called good role models?

To begin with, there's nobody with assigned title “man of God”. We all are!
Secondly, your role model as a Christian MUST the founder.
On the judgement day, your reward or penalty would be exclusively dependent on how you lived your days on earth and not how you were influenced by the so called role models cum “men of God”.
Re: Are Men Of God Good Role Models? by tpia5: 5:49pm On Oct 31, 2011
Well, what the bible says is follow me as i follow Christ.

Having said that, no doubt its not easy being a role model.

Much easier not being one.
Re: Are Men Of God Good Role Models? by MAURI: 6:25pm On Oct 31, 2011
I don't think so, because they proffer religious solutions to everything. And religion alone does not have the answers to all questions!
Re: Are Men Of God Good Role Models? by Nobody: 1:52am On Nov 01, 2011
U can find good men of God who are truly a role model here: www.lds.org
Re: Are Men Of God Good Role Models? by EfeEkarume(m): 3:22pm On Nov 01, 2011
Ah! No oh! Men of God are not good role model at all at all. They are the best!!!
Re: Are Men Of God Good Role Models? by manmustwack: 3:46am On Dec 14, 2012
Good write up jare.
Youve said it all.
And some.
Although i no tink say dem go change sha.
Im waiting to see a pastor with used space shuttle.

(1) (Reply)

Chance Or Intelligent Design (creation) / CEO Of The Mount Zion, Mike Bamiloye Marks His Wife's Birthday In Style / Adam And Eve Couldn't Have Sinned If They Had No Knowledge Of Good And Evil.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.