Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

NYSC Is Introducing An Error In My Wife's Name! - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Is Introducing An Error In My Wife's Name! (392 Views)

NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. / NYSC Is A Scam, They Are Not Paying 21B For 2 Months / Nysc: Is There Part Time Program In Nysc? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NYSC Is Introducing An Error In My Wife's Name! by smartemperor042: 3:57pm On Nov 30, 2023
Hello guys,
Please how can i resolve this.

My wife is currently in camp, batch c stream 2. We're married in both church and court which she has the documents.

During nysc registration, she was asked for my (husband's) surname which she provided(eg Umeh). She also provided her surname which is my name and my father's name (eg Philip-Umeh). She also submitted documents to back it up. Her bank account name, NIN, Passport, court affidavit of name change after marriage, and Newspaper publication for change of name has her name as Philip-Umeh Chioma.

After registration, the nysc system set to check for married applicants/prospective corp members removed my own name in her surname and produced it as Umeh Chioma.
We tried to use the button for name correction in the portal, but the request was declined.

Now she's in camp, in ICT office during her documentation, she could not still change it, rather she was told that nysc wants to use that to penalize those that claim that they are married for posting sake. They now recommended she can only swear affidavit after her service year.

I'm worried because the name nysc has is different from the one in her bank account which will cause issue in payments because of name mismatch with her NIN.
Secondly, why can't the name be corrected now since the certificate is yet to be produced. She's still starting her service year, and it will cause much problem for her.

Please any help on this will be appreciated.
Re: NYSC Is Introducing An Error In My Wife's Name! by joyandfaith: 5:01pm On Dec 06, 2023
smartemperor042:
Hello guys,
Please how can i resolve this.

My wife is currently in camp, batch c stream 2. We're married in both church and court which she has the documents.

During nysc registration, she was asked for my (husband's) surname which she provided(eg Umeh). She also provided her surname which is my name and my father's name (eg Philip-Umeh). She also submitted documents to back it up. Her bank account name, NIN, Passport, court affidavit of name change after marriage, and Newspaper publication for change of name has her name as Philip-Umeh Chioma.

After registration, the nysc system set to check for married applicants/prospective corp members removed my own name in her surname and produced it as Umeh Chioma.
We tried to use the button for name correction in the portal, but the request was declined.

Now she's in camp, in ICT office during her documentation, she could not still change it, rather she was told that nysc wants to use that to penalize those that claim that they are married for posting sake. They now recommended she can only swear affidavit after her service year.

I'm worried because the name nysc has is different from the one in her bank account which will cause issue in payments because of name mismatch with her NIN.
Secondly, why can't the name be corrected now since the certificate is yet to be produced. She's still starting her service year, and it will cause much problem for her.

Please any help on this will be appreciated.

Nysc normally uses name that school forwarded to them. She should have changed her name in school before nysc mobilisation. Why are you obsessed with name? Female folks don't need stress themselves over change of name. Newspaper and advert are requirements to legalise change of name.

(1) (Reply)

Corps Member Dies Of Heart Failure / Where Is This Country Nigeria Pushing Us To / Did You Apply For Npower 2017?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.