Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,653 members, 7,816,680 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

The Death Of Mainstream Rap In Naija - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Death Of Mainstream Rap In Naija (115 Views)

The Evolution Of Battle Rap In Nigeria / Is Floxzy Tha Rapdiva The Next Queen Of Rap In Nigeria? Find Out Here / Top 10 Nigerian Songs 2017: Top 30 Most Popular Music In Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Death Of Mainstream Rap In Naija by williaam(m): 5:33pm On Nov 30, 2023
Dear Nlanders. I guess this discuss would have generated much opinion if it was 2001-2010; when Rap was booming; but it’s unfortunate that what was once a driver of the Nigerian Music space has completely gone extinct(not taking about the spineless ones we have now). Just as Wizkid said the genre Rap is death. Although we can compare but I feel connected to evergreen Rap songs than what is being chunked out today. How I wish Rap could come back
Re: The Death Of Mainstream Rap In Naija by FuckingMachine: 5:42pm On Nov 30, 2023
Mode Nine was Nigeria's last emcee.
MI wasn't an emcee.
Re: The Death Of Mainstream Rap In Naija by williaam(m): 4:21pm On Dec 01, 2023
FuckingMachine:
Mode Nine was Nigeria's last emcee.
MI wasn't an emcee.

You might be right on that. Listening to Rap before now, one just connects with the genre; unlike what is obtainable today. I don’t think any rap battle can beat Nuttypin’s Livin it up; my opinion and we don’t even have female rappers again; so sad

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO: Boyyblink Ft. Sheddy Dickson - Peace / Asake Tops 2023 List Of Most Searched Nigerian Artistes On Google / Kizz Daniel Surprises Fans With Dual Eclectic Singles As He Ignites The Airwaves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.