Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,076 members, 7,859,904 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 09:09 PM

God And The Bayelsa Killer Cop - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / God And The Bayelsa Killer Cop (615 Views)

Buhari Is Not God And We Will Not Worship Him, PDP Replies APC / The Bayelsa Election: A Lesson For The Igbos / Jonathan, Fayose At The Bayelsa PDP Governorship Primary Election Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

God And The Bayelsa Killer Cop by andresia(m): 12:16pm On Oct 30, 2011
I culled this from Funke Egbemode's column of the sunday sun, pls read on and drop your AMEN:

Dear God, ordinarily, I should be writing this petition to Inspector-General of Police Hafiz Ringim but I know which side my bread is buttered and anyway Ringim will eventually report to you because you created him. Again, today is Sunday and the event I’m petitioning about happened on a Sunday. It is about the devil-may-care killing of one of your children by policemen at a check point in Bayelsa state. The name of the victim is Emmanuel Victor. Note Lord that this victim is Jesus Christ’s namesake. His offence was that he reminded some policemen extorting money from hapless Bayelsans to remember to keep the Lord’s day holy instead of taking bribes on Sunday. That got the cops angry. They chased Emmanuel who was on a motor cycle. He hopped off the bike and started running. The cops shot him, right in the presence of his mother. Emma died instantly.

Now, the police authorities said they are investigating. The House of Representatives has set up a committee to look into the case. I do not trust the two bodies to secure the kind of judgment Nigerians want.
You see, Father in Heaven, those probes will not produce anything. The IGP will be summoned. He will speak some civil service slangs and that would be all. But the life of a young man who was saving to read law has been cut short. This son was killed on your day. You are still the Lord of Host, the One who said ‘vengeance is mine’; the one who said ‘the battle is mine, you shall hold your peace and I will fight for you’. I trust you totally to show up and avenge Emmanuel’s mother in this case. The policeman who fired that shot must not go free. And no, I do not pray that you kill him. All I pray for is for him to go through the pain Emmanuel’s mother is going through. He deserves to know that there is still God who defends His own.

Lord, I remember the confession of a retired policeman whose son was shot dead around Surulere in Lagos, a few weeks after he graduated from the university. The ex-cop, in tears, confessed that his son died at the same spot where he shot a young man dead many years earlier while still in service. I pray that the policeman who fired the bullet that silenced Emmanuel forever will also hold the lifeless body of his own son at that same spot where Emmanuel fell. Because Emmanuel’s mother watched her son in the pool of his blood, let that killer cop enjoy the same benefit.

Emmanuel died in his prime, let this killer cop not fulfill the number of his days. Each time he tries to correct anybody, like the deceased did, let trouble befall him. Because he was trigger-happy, let him fall by the sword.
It is you who can resolve this matter quickly and finally. Those we entrusted with our safety are using the tax we pay to buy bullets to kill us and our children. Emmanuel’s mother is a taxpayer. Remove your hands from the folds of your garment Lord and avenge this poor woman. We are tired of police authorities transferring killer cops each time one of them spills blood. We want you the omnipotent God to be there at killer cops’ new postings.

Emmanuel’s killer must bury at least one child so that he can know the pain of a grieving parent. Thank you God of vengeance, the One whose word is yea and amen, the one who has the power of life and death. I know you have answered because I have prayed in Jesus name. Amen.

http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/columnists/funke/2011/funke-30-oct-2011.html
Re: God And The Bayelsa Killer Cop by jodeci(m): 1:00pm On Oct 30, 2011
Amen and Amen.

(1) (Reply)

Igbos Again! Booming Baby Sale, Do You Have A Baby For Sale? / Re: Muslim Congress Condemns Boko Haram Attacks / Gej Sacks Efcc Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.