Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,066 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

I Adopted This Wild Giant Boerboel And Now He's Much Calmer - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / I Adopted This Wild Giant Boerboel And Now He's Much Calmer (2179 Views)

Finally Got A Wild Bird As Pet (Photos) / Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd / My Boerboel And Neapolitan Mastiff All Grown And Sexy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Adopted This Wild Giant Boerboel And Now He's Much Calmer by spinna: 2:15am On Dec 01, 2023
I was blessed to take over custody of this big boy from an acquaintance.

He was sort of abandoned in a house where people cane to drink hot drink and smoke. I think Landlord issues made them have to temporarily keep the dog there..

He is a very aggressive and security conscious dog. Once you as a stranger come near he's barking ferociously. I was a stranger to him then.

Even though I am one that considers myself a dog whisperer i was fairly intimidated but i still believed that with time and love i could make him stable.

That was how this big boy Billion came to my house to be a potential partner for my female Boerboel Trixie Bergy

When he came he would ferociously lunge at you if you wanted to feed him once lunging up above my height snapping at my neck.

..to be continued
Re: I Adopted This Wild Giant Boerboel And Now He's Much Calmer by illicit(m): 2:18am On Dec 01, 2023
Hmmmmm

Snapping at ur neck

😳🤕🥴

🤷
Re: I Adopted This Wild Giant Boerboel And Now He's Much Calmer by Depriest2020: 6:50am On Dec 01, 2023
Hope you don't have little kids
.;;
Re: I Adopted This Wild Giant Boerboel And Now He's Much Calmer by spinna: 9:27am On Dec 01, 2023
illicit:
Hmmmmm

Snapping at ur neck

😳🤕🥴

🤷
Yes o he was at least my full height or slightly taller at his full stretch.

For me with these large dogs any attempt to bite me is a major offence that will require immediate punishment.. So immediately he did the lunge i grabbed my nearby pickaxe and removed the iron head leaving the wooden handle..With the wood i gave him a good brain resetting whacks on the head.. however he lunged again and things got a bit scary because as i moved back having underestimated the length of his chain, i lost footing but my female Trixie at that moment also attacked him so he was well punished

At this point i felt maybe i had bitten off more than i could chew..So i called his owner and told them this dog is too wild o e be like say u go come and take him back.

Of course no response..he had been passed on to me irrevocably it seems.

So the first few days it was like i was feeding a wild animal because he would be growling and snarling at you that are bringing food for him. So that you have to drop the food bowl on the floor and then use a stick to push to him whereupon his long arm with very strong claws would hook the plate.

Obviously this can't be established.. i have already tried shouting him down to be quiet..and showing him my stout stick ..for where? No sumbission from him

So to feed him i would lock him in the cage first place the food and then open his gate..this way i started slowly getting him to learn to sit before i open the gate

Also..unbelievably to all i started getting him to accept head rubs.. and he started realising that the he enjoyed receiving them ..so he began to mellow to me
Re: I Adopted This Wild Giant Boerboel And Now He's Much Calmer by illicit(m): 9:31am On Dec 01, 2023
spinna:
Yes o he was at least my full height or slightly taller at his full stretch.

For me with these large dogs any attempt to bite me is a major offence that will require immediate punishment.. So immediately he did the lunge i grabbed my nearby pickaxe and removed the iron head leaving the wooden handle..With the wood i gave him a good brain resetting whacks on the head.. however he lunged again and things got a bit scary because as i moved back having underestimated the length of his chain, i lost footing but my female Trixie at that moment also attacked him so he was well punished

At this point i felt maybe i had bitten off more than i could chew..So i called his owner and told them this dog is too wild o e be like say u go come and take him back.

Of course no response..he had been passed on to me irrevocably it seems.

So the first few days it was like i was feeding a wild animal because he would be growling and snarling at you that are bringing food for him. So that you have to drop the food bowl on the floor and then use a stick to push to him whereupon his long arm with very strong claws would hook the plate.

Obviously this can't be established.. i have already tried shouting him down to be quiet..and showing him my stout stick ..for where? No sumbission from him

So to feed him i would lock him in the cage first place the food and then open his gate..this way i started slowly getting him to learn to sit before i open the gate

Also..unbelievably to all i started getting him to accept head rubs.. and he started realising that the he enjoyed receiving them ..so he began to mellow to me

Bros eh

No be by force to keep dis dog eh

☠️

1 Like

Re: I Adopted This Wild Giant Boerboel And Now He's Much Calmer by spinna: 9:36am On Dec 01, 2023
So by now biig B was getting calmer with me . He is a highly security conscious dog that will alert with deep barking at any sound.

He was accepting head rubs and even foot rubs under the chin but that's where i made my mistake

If you know what i mean by a foot rub of a dog i mean like using your feet to massage your dog's body . B has plenty of fleshy folds under his mouth so i like rubbing him there and have been doing so without incident.

However this time as i was doing it he maybe picked up a sound from somewhere maybe went into security mode..or maybe he felt it was too similar to a kick and just bit my foot with a growl held it for like 3 secs then let it go.. chai dis dog don bite me !

Continued
Re: I Adopted This Wild Giant Boerboel And Now He's Much Calmer by spinna: 9:59am On Dec 01, 2023
The pain was instant .. his teeth went deep into the big toe main joint area with another smaller wound around the second toe

Again instant brutal justice with the stout stick..the aim is to make him wail or yelp sincerely once or twice not kill him or bloody him. He got it wella and Trixie also gave him some savage bites which was a welcome backup..

My foot was pouring blood and i was in great pain ... I somehow didn't tell the owner ...even my people only my girl knew.. It was a painful wound

Somehow I decided to forgive him and we've been cool since then.

Presently he sits and must wait for the order to eat...no matter how many minutes he has to wait and with no barrier between him and the plate. He enters his house on command when he's making too much noise at at a visitor, he can be brought into the room to stay with me off leash.. he can gently take food out of my hand with extreme tenderness such that i can feed him a single plantain chip ... He sits on command and shakes hands with those his huge paws

I love him and he will be useful in my upcoming relocation to my farmland . He is a majestic specimen with intelligence and courage .he will be a great foundation for my Boerboel breeding.

So that's the story of me and a once totally crazy Boerboel. He's still crazy but him craze no dey reach my side anymore because craze pass craze

Please note as regards punishment i have inly hit him twice as above stated

I could tell this dog had been abused when he was left chained alone because if you make any sudden movement he would flinch as if you want to hit him..so he's still a work in progress. My female Trixie too has her own wahalas... she is extremely aggressive to animals like other dogs and livestock so as the internet says large dogs definitely aren't for everyone but you must make yourself the top dog to avoid big problems in future. You must be rhe alpha
Re: I Adopted This Wild Giant Boerboel And Now He's Much Calmer by spinna: 10:02am On Dec 01, 2023
Scar of the wound

Re: I Adopted This Wild Giant Boerboel And Now He's Much Calmer by spinna: 10:04am On Dec 01, 2023
Chilling with me in my room in the early hours of today..

Re: I Adopted This Wild Giant Boerboel And Now He's Much Calmer by spinna: 10:08am On Dec 01, 2023
His hand almost as big as mine but i am the master and he must never forget

Re: I Adopted This Wild Giant Boerboel And Now He's Much Calmer by spinna: 10:13am On Dec 01, 2023
So if you're looking to mate your Boerboel and need him for stud services, he is available now.. Get some of his genes in your line because he is one in a Billion. An outstanding and defence minded specimen ideal for security and companionship tht will definitely strike fear into the hearts of your enemies

1 Like

Re: I Adopted This Wild Giant Boerboel And Now He's Much Calmer by LikeAking: 10:21am On Dec 01, 2023
Nice!
Re: I Adopted This Wild Giant Boerboel And Now He's Much Calmer by Zonefree(m): 6:34pm On Dec 01, 2023
spinna:
Scar of the wound
I think you need a pedicure.
Re: I Adopted This Wild Giant Boerboel And Now He's Much Calmer by Nemesis0147(m): 6:50pm On Dec 01, 2023
Zonefree:

I swear 😂
Re: I Adopted This Wild Giant Boerboel And Now He's Much Calmer by garriAndsugar: 7:52pm On Dec 01, 2023
Zonefree:

grin try make am some pedicure. A pedicure no go work out for am
Re: I Adopted This Wild Giant Boerboel And Now He's Much Calmer by garriAndsugar: 7:54pm On Dec 01, 2023
spinna:
Chilling with me in my room in the early hours of today..
I like the position you keep that axe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Adopted This Wild Giant Boerboel And Now He's Much Calmer by spinna: 9:46pm On Dec 01, 2023
Zonefree:

Nemesis0147:
I swear 😂

Lol make una leave am na farmer leg abi na feets
Re: I Adopted This Wild Giant Boerboel And Now He's Much Calmer by Starboytwo(m): 11:26pm On Dec 01, 2023
Damn I miss my dog.

I gotta travel so I left him with a street nigga who comes around. I send money every 2 week.

I asked this guy to send me a Pic of him and I'm not happy with the Pic I saw.

My boy looking so dull and unimpressed.

Gotta get him back.
Re: I Adopted This Wild Giant Boerboel And Now He's Much Calmer by spinna: 11:33pm On Dec 01, 2023
garriAndsugar:

I like the position you keep that axe

Haha strategic place abi

1 Like

Re: I Adopted This Wild Giant Boerboel And Now He's Much Calmer by spinna: 11:40pm On Dec 01, 2023
Inspection of a Moringa sprout 🌱

1 Like

Re: I Adopted This Wild Giant Boerboel And Now He's Much Calmer by Silentgroper(m): 4:48pm On Dec 27, 2023
Hahahaha. I consider myself a dog whisperer too ..

Looks like i'm way ahead of you in that aspect ...

Atleast, i only got lunged at for just three days ...

And it took just two weeks to get acquainted to them, yes them, two boerboels ...

One female, the other male ...

It was scary at first but shiit, me sef get mind..

Never got bitten.. I told my friend, these dogs would know me Sooner than he thinks, the dude thought i had a death wish ...

He too was surprised when i could go rubbing their heads in just two weeks ..

He doesn't have them on chains around me anymore ...

It wasn't my first though.. i've done the same with a german shepherd ...

Now, I want to dare myself.. I want to try it out with pitbulls grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pure Breed Greatdane Puppies Are Available For Sale / WHAT IS THE NAME OF THIS Dangerous Creature / Lion Vs Tiger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.