Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,960 members, 7,828,400 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Belt Of Truth One Of The Armor Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Belt Of Truth One Of The Armor Of God (67 Views)

The Truth Worshippers Must Worship Him In Spirit And Truth. (one Path To God) / * How To Use The Armor Of GOD (by Truthunedited) / What Does It Really Mean To Put On The Armor Of God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Belt Of Truth One Of The Armor Of God by annto3(f): 11:09am On Dec 01, 2023
In today’s world, evil has become deeply rooted. As individuals who believe in God, we must follow the path that He has set for us to survive. The devil is like a lion, constantly on the prowl, seeking to deceive and devour souls. Fortunately, God has provided us with the necessary armor to fight spiritual battles. To emerge victorious, we must remain steadfast in the [/b]truth.
In Ephesians 6:14 stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place. In this discussion, I will be focusing on the armor of the Belt of Truth.

The belt of truth is the first element in a Christian’s armor. But is perfect truth real?

[b]What is truth?

Jesus defined Himself as “the way, the truth, and the life (John 14:6). Jesus was asked by the Roman governor Pontius Pilate if He was indeed proclaiming Himself to be king, as the Jews claimed. He answered that He came to bear witness to the truth. “For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears my voice”. Jesus is the truth and truth enables us to stay on the right path while following God.”

These are three ways in which the bible teaches us that truth can have a transformative effect on our lives.
The Truth will set you free

The commonly quoted bible phrase “The truth will set you free” means that honesty and truthfulness can bring freedom from guilt and fear. Telling the truth liberates us from guilt and strengthens relationships. If you abide in my word, you are my disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. (John 8:31-32).

By abiding by the truth, God’s word, and the example set by Jesus Christ, we are set free from the heavy weight of sin and can continue on the path of obeying God’s commands.

Being truthful enables you to be well-prepared

Luke 12:35-36 Let your waist be girded and your lamp burning, and you yourselves be like men who wait for their master, when he will return from the wedding, that when he comes and knocks, they may open to him immediately. Since the master is coming at an hour we don’t expect, telling the truth keeps us prepared at all times.

The belt of truth gives us flexibility when we face challenges. We don’t need to redefine good and evil to make sense of things when the media brings attention to the newest social issue, we’re presented with a moral quandary in our own lives, or a friend asks for guidance in a difficult situation. God’s truth may be relied upon to indicate which way is up and which way is down so that we can proceed appropriately.

The truth will lead you toward a safe path

Christ is the way the truth and the life, if we allow Him to lead us, He will lead us to a safe path. The world is full of spiritual pitfalls and traps, and our adversary often tries to deceive us by calling evil good and good evil. They try to put darkness in place of light and light in place of darkness. (Isaiah5:20) and often disguises himself as an angel of light 2 Corinthians 11:14. It is only when we follow Christ’s teachings and seek His guidance that we can overcome these obstacles and stay on the right path.

When we follow the truth, we can see through deception and find the safe path provided by God. God used a belt as an illustration when speaking to the Israelites. Jeremiah 13:11 For as a belt is bound around the waist, so I bound all the people of Israel and all the people for my renown and praise and honor. But they have not listened.

Just as the Israelites chose deceit and their disobedience caused the entire nation to fall apart, God will not compel you to choose truth over deception.

Putting on the armor of God means committing ourselves to the truth and putting our faith in God to lead the path.

“Can you please fasten the belt of truth?”

Source: https://wordforlight.com/2023/11/24/the-belt-of-truth-the-armor-of-god/

(1) (Reply)

Walking Through The Storm / On Winning The Lost... / Xu Fuyou Is A Profiteer Who Sells Goods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.