Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,020 members, 7,852,484 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:56 PM

Mental Health - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mental Health (125 Views)

Ban On Codeine: Lagos Unveils Comprehensive Strategy To Address Mental Health / Mental Health in Nigeria: Have you heard about M.A.N.I? / I Have Ocd And Some Other Mental Disorder... I Hate Myself... Please Help... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mental Health by MyExpression(m): 11:22am On Dec 01, 2023
All this thing wey we dey do na because say we never get money to dey chop chicken everyday like before.
For my mind, the point where I will feel my life is getting balanced again, is when I get to that settled point, where what I'll live on for atleast the next 0ne year comfortably.
That's the minimum investment standard for survival.
Be able to sustain yourself for atleast one year, before you think of settling down or involving yourself with women.
There was a point where I was eating chicken and malt almost everyday.
You never get money to rent house wey two people fit live peacefully, you dey reason marriage....like I don't fucking get it.
Marriage is optional, so why confine yourself to that sufferhead lifestyle?

Sometimes these things come to mind...and I used to pen them on my diary, but why should we keep these voices in our heads...let it find expression.
Rant- they say.
It is me and my thoughts...judge me...you don't know how big the world is.
Once I leave our mutual circle, every aspect of my life gets an opportunity to build a new image.
Na our mutual contacts dey hedge this perception of ourself.

I usually start out well in a strange environment...so I've learnt not to settle, mix-up or be comfortable in that community.
The moment I start to think about mingling in the environment, I get watered down, lose focus. Viz:
Started a new school in pry 5, took 2nd.
Milo competition in my school, JSS 1, came 2nd.
Writing competition, year 1, came 2nd.
Went for a program in Uturu, where I no know or send anybody...won two gifts.

Like if I start out as a stranger, I tend to succeed more, than when I settle.
I don't do or stop doing anything in particular...but when I start to feel at home, to relax....glory just reduces.
I think this is the longest stretch I have gone in breaking myself.
I remember feeling great one day, when I recognised that I had gone out of an addiction, by reinforcing my stance, whenener the urge came.
It just hit me one bright afternoon...I was also free from the nightmares.

I smiled. So I finally was free. Free to take or not to take...my mind would still be at peace. No compulsion to indulge.
Freedom of self. Na you cage yourself, na you go uncaged yourself by yourself.
Seems like an unending battle tho...buh one day, your eyes go open.
I encountered it twice...two previous. It feels great to actually be an overcome.
Your moral go dey excess. Coz you can afford to, but choose not to.
No self bondage.

Mehn.
Na your head and mind go free your body o.
Na you go break, build and push yourself.

I wonder why people are not telling others whats in front.
The amount of danger and stagnation that lies ahead.

If you have broken out, throw the ropes...teach thy brethren.
Life is limitless, let's all win.

Meanwhile...this is all a rant started coz I want to start eating chicken daily again...it was a lack of it that made me try other vices.

Roasted chicken dey give me joy 😊

(1) (Reply)

World AIDS Day: Together We Can End HIV / Treatment Options For Prostatitis: Urology Or Andrology? / Poor Eating Child In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.