Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

INEC Released The BVAS Reports Of Bayelsa, Kogi, And Imo To Osita Chidoka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Released The BVAS Reports Of Bayelsa, Kogi, And Imo To Osita Chidoka (10555 Views)

Peter Obi Explains The BVAS Every Nigerian Should Reconfigure / Tribunal Accepts Bvas Reports Showing Over-voting Against Adeleke / Atiku, Osita Chidoka, Oyedepo, Kukah, Sheik Gumi Inside Atiku's Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Released The BVAS Reports Of Bayelsa, Kogi, And Imo To Osita Chidoka by BluntCrazeMan: 11:57am On Dec 01, 2023
According to Osita Chidoka:

INEC had responded to the FOI request he submitted on the 12th of November 2023.

He stated categorically that he wasn't expecting the response.

It all started with this tweet here which he tweeted on the 13th November, 2023.
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION REQUEST TO INEC

“To be optimistic is to assume things will work out. To be hopeful is to realize things can work out if you work at them.

"Hope requires responsibility and agency; optimism relieves us of both. In rooting for your sports team, choose optimism. In rooting for democracy, choose hope.” — Eric Liu

I have chosen hope over cynicism. I have chosen to ACT than despair. I have decided to place the future of our country as a democratic, diverse, and rule-governed society over and above personal gain, partisanship, or any of the categories that divide our shared humanity. I am hopeful because I will work for it.

The elections in Bayelsa, Kogi, and Imo states are the FIRST FRUITS of the decision of our judiciary to reverse the gains in our electoral journey since 2015. I am not rooting for any candidate. I am interested in the sanctity of the process.

To this end, pursuant to the FOI Act (2011), I have made a formal Freedom of Information request to INEC Nigeria to provide data to ensure that the gains and investment in technology are not reversed.
Plot 436 Zambezi Crescent, Maitama District,
FCT, Abuja,
NIGERIA

Dear Chairman,

Freedom of Information Request – Accreditation Data from BVAS Machines

I am writing to submit a request form under the Freedom of Information Act 2011 concerning the recently concluded elections.

Specifically, I request the accreditation data generated by the Bimodal Voter Accreditation System (BVAS) machines used during the elections in Imo, Bayelsa, and Kogi states. The requested data should include detailed accreditation figures for all polling units, as well as aggregated totals for each Ward, Local Government Area, and the respective State as a whole.

The importance of this data cannot be overstated, as it is essential for ensuring the transparency and integrity of the electoral process. It will also serve as a vital tool for analysis and public discourse, contributing to the democratic process within the country.

Per Section 2(3) of the Freedom of Information Act 2011, which stipulates the right to request and obtain records and documents pertaining to administrative or operational activities within public institutions, I believe this request is well within the legal bounds.

In line with Section 4 of the (FOI) Act, I would appreciate if this information could be made available within three (3) days of receiving this request. This will allow adequate time for recourse to the seven (7) day period of administrative review as prescribed by S.65(1) of The Electoral Act, 2022, should it be necessary.

Please note that the public interest served by the release of this data outweighs any need for confidentiality. As citizens, we rely on the Commission’s commitment to transparency and accountability, as enshrined in the electoral law and democratic principles.

Should there be any fees for the processing of this information, kindly inform me in advance. I am committed to paying all reasonable costs associated with this request.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. I look forward to your cooperation in reinforcing the pillars of democracy in our nation.

Yours sincerely,

Osita Chidoka

Once this information is made public, I will provide free analysis to all the political parties and Nigerians to determine if the results from the Polling units uploaded on the IREV represent what happened.

Osita Chidoka
13 November 2023

On 14th of November 2023, Osita Chidoka tweeted again to announce that INEC had acknowledged his request.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
14 November 2023

Nigerians Called to Uphold Electoral Integrity as INEC Acknowledges Chidoka's FOI Request
……… Lawyers pledge Pro-Bono Service to compel INEC’s Compliance

[Abuja, Nigeria] – In a significant stride towards electoral transparency, Chief Osita Chidoka, Founder and Chancellor of Athena Institute and a concerned citizen dedicated to the enhancement of our electoral process has officially submitted a Freedom of Information (FOI) request to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on the conduct of Saturday, November 11, 2023 governorship election in Bayelsa, Imo and Kogi States.

This request which has been officially received and acknowledged by INEC seeks comprehensive accreditation data from the Bimodal Voter Accreditation System (BVAS) machines used in the election in the three States.

The acknowledgment of this request by INEC marks a crucial step in our collective pursuit of an accountable electoral system as it embodies our unwavering commitment to ensuring that our democratic processes reflect the people's true will.

Against this backdrop Chidoka called on Nigerians to remain steadfast in this journey to save the soul of our country.

“Let us not waver in our resolve. The request to INEC and its acknowledgment of the letter is the first step in our quest to reimagine Nigeria. We are hopeful that INEC’s response will be a beacon of hope, signalling that our voices are heard, and our efforts are recognized. It is a testament to our collective power to enact change and fortify the pillars of our democracy.

“I stand determined to fully pursue justice and transparency. Should INEC not respond substantively within the seven-day period mandated by law, I am prepared to initiate legal proceedings”, Chidoka said.

The former Minister of Aviation, revealed that some lawyers are on standby to pursue a legal enforcement of his right to information under the FOIA if necessary.

“I am bolstered by the solidarity of esteemed lawyers who have generously pledged to provide their services pro+bono to support this cause, should it be necessary.”

The former Corps Marshal of the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) reiterated that “this is not a lone battle but a shared endeavour for all Nigerians who yearn for an electoral system they can trust. Let us unite in this effort, for the integrity of our democracy is at stake.

“We will remain vigilant and proactive, ready to take the necessary steps to protect the sanctity of our votes and the democratic values we hold dear", he said.

Signed:

Ikechukwu Okafor, Special Assistant (Media) To Chief Osita Chidoka
Ikeigbo1@gmail.com

Yesterday, 30th November 2023, Osita Chidoka broke the news..
Today, against all expectation and in compliance with my November 12 Freedom of Information request, I received the BVAS Accreditation Report for Bayelsa, Kogi and Imo States Governorship Elections. The report covers all the poll units.

I will issue a statement shortly

Final post (he deliberately redacted the details.)
INEC Has Complied with My FOI Request For BVAS Accreditation Report for Bayelsa, Kogi and Imo states Governorship Elections

Today marks a significant milestone in our pursuit of transparent and accountable governance. With gratitude and sense of national pride I announce that the Independent Electoral Commission (INEC) has complied with my Freedom of Information request, providing the BVAS (Bimodal Voter Accreditation System) report of voter accreditation for the recent Governorship elections in Kogi, Bayelsa, and Imo states.

This unprecedented compliance by INEC is a testament to what can be achieved through persistent efforts and the courage to venture into uncharted territories. I extend my sincere thanks to INEC for their commitment to respecting our laws and upholding the principles of transparency and accountability.

This act signifies a hopeful beginning in our collective effort to ensure that government agencies are not just answerable to the law but also to the people they serve.

I am pleased to inform Nigerians that the BVAS report was received in hard copy along with a certificate complying with section 84 of the Evidence Act (2011).

Recognizing the importance of making this information accessible and comprehensible to the general public, I have commenced work on digitizing and visualizing the report.

This initiative is driven by the belief that the solution to the democratic reversals across Africa lies in radical transparency, one that underscores the sanctity and integrity of elections.

Our journey towards a more democratic and transparent governance system is ongoing, and this development is a significant step in that direction. I look forward to sharing the insights from this report with all citizens, as we continue to work towards strengthening the foundations of our democracy.

Together, let us embark on this path of enlightenment and change, for a future where the electoral process is not just a procedure, but a true reflection of the will of the people.

I am hopeful about the future of our country because I, like many others, will work for the change.

Osita Chidoka
29 November 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Released The BVAS Reports Of Bayelsa, Kogi, And Imo To Osita Chidoka by BluntCrazeMan: 11:57am On Dec 01, 2023
More photos...

So...

He applied on the 12th November..

And he got it “Officially” on the 25th of November..

THAT'S 13-DAYS GAP IN TIMELINE..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: INEC Released The BVAS Reports Of Bayelsa, Kogi, And Imo To Osita Chidoka by BluntCrazeMan: 11:58am On Dec 01, 2023

Whatever that can deepen and increase the participation of the Citizens in the Electoral Process,, and also make the citizens to be fully involved in the process of Auditing the INEC-Released Results,, I am fully in support of it.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Released The BVAS Reports Of Bayelsa, Kogi, And Imo To Osita Chidoka by jkpbestseries: 12:03pm On Dec 01, 2023
i think na research work dey one carry d data do abi.... I recommend.... No longer at ease to them.
Re: INEC Released The BVAS Reports Of Bayelsa, Kogi, And Imo To Osita Chidoka by Paraman: 12:05pm On Dec 01, 2023
Is this not the same thing the labour party in imo state is asking for?

2 Likes

Re: INEC Released The BVAS Reports Of Bayelsa, Kogi, And Imo To Osita Chidoka by BluntCrazeMan: 12:09pm On Dec 01, 2023
jkpbestseries:
i think na research work dey one carry d data do abi.... I recommend.... No longer at ease to them.

That's what Political Science is all about.

We bring down the data, and do everything possible with it..

Publish books.

Make international presentations..

And make suggestions too..

Nigeria will soon become a Political Case Study.

AND THAT'S GOOD NEWS.!!
There will always be a point of turn-around for any situation,, and that point of turn-around would be the beginning of a new chapter for the already-existing story.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INEC Released The BVAS Reports Of Bayelsa, Kogi, And Imo To Osita Chidoka by BluntCrazeMan: 12:11pm On Dec 01, 2023
Paraman:
Is this not the same thing the labour party in imo state is asking for?

Imo State LP is asking for the Direct Investigation of the BVAS..

This report which CHIDOKA Got is similar to the same thing which the Oyetola and APC demanded for (and got) in the Osun-2022 election.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INEC Released The BVAS Reports Of Bayelsa, Kogi, And Imo To Osita Chidoka by Paraman: 12:12pm On Dec 01, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

Imo State LP is asking for the Direct Investigation of the BVAS..

This one CHIDOKA Got is similar to the same thing which the Oyetola and APC demanded for in Ondo-2022
Osun you mean

Thanks for the clarification

4 Likes

Re: INEC Released The BVAS Reports Of Bayelsa, Kogi, And Imo To Osita Chidoka by BluntCrazeMan: 12:14pm On Dec 01, 2023
Paraman:
Osun you mean

Thanks for the clarification
Yeaa..
That's Osun in my mind,, not Ondo.
Thanks for the correction.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Released The BVAS Reports Of Bayelsa, Kogi, And Imo To Osita Chidoka by BTC15212i: 12:26pm On Dec 01, 2023

2 Likes

Re: INEC Released The BVAS Reports Of Bayelsa, Kogi, And Imo To Osita Chidoka by easyfem(m): 12:26pm On Dec 01, 2023
Over to I sen dino the state crying master

1 Like

Re: INEC Released The BVAS Reports Of Bayelsa, Kogi, And Imo To Osita Chidoka by CoronaVirusPro: 12:27pm On Dec 01, 2023
Great one coming from INEC

Transparency is key!

God bless The Independent National Electoral Commission!

5 Likes

Re: INEC Released The BVAS Reports Of Bayelsa, Kogi, And Imo To Osita Chidoka by StubbornGENIUS: 12:27pm On Dec 01, 2023
Thats quite a suprising development.
undecided
Re: INEC Released The BVAS Reports Of Bayelsa, Kogi, And Imo To Osita Chidoka by Paraman: 12:28pm On Dec 01, 2023
Frontpage

1 Like

Re: INEC Released The BVAS Reports Of Bayelsa, Kogi, And Imo To Osita Chidoka by ATEAMS: 12:29pm On Dec 01, 2023
Informed
Re: INEC Released The BVAS Reports Of Bayelsa, Kogi, And Imo To Osita Chidoka by Bobloco: 12:32pm On Dec 01, 2023
This country sef

Why is he thanking INEC for doing what's expected of it as public institution

2 Likes

Re: INEC Released The BVAS Reports Of Bayelsa, Kogi, And Imo To Osita Chidoka by oluwaseyi0: 12:32pm On Dec 01, 2023
Good one

That imo election still shock me

How APC got over half a million votes still remains a shocker

7 Likes

Re: INEC Released The BVAS Reports Of Bayelsa, Kogi, And Imo To Osita Chidoka by Badgers14: 12:40pm On Dec 01, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
Good one

Not even Peter Obi can win by that margin in Imo state.

4 Likes

Re: INEC Released The BVAS Reports Of Bayelsa, Kogi, And Imo To Osita Chidoka by benardtotti(m): 12:41pm On Dec 01, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
Yeaa..
That's Osun in my mind,, not Ondo.
Thanks for the correction.

Seems Akeredolu is on your mind 😀, prophesy for us @bluntcrazeman, what seest thou about ondo ?
Re: INEC Released The BVAS Reports Of Bayelsa, Kogi, And Imo To Osita Chidoka by BluntCrazeMan: 12:44pm On Dec 01, 2023
benardtotti:

Seems Akeredolu is on your mind 😀, prophesy for us @bluntcrazeman, what seest thou about ondo ?

Mind yourself ooo..

grin grin cheesy 🤣🤣😂😅😆

1 Like

Re: INEC Released The BVAS Reports Of Bayelsa, Kogi, And Imo To Osita Chidoka by BluntCrazeMan: 12:47pm On Dec 01, 2023
Badgers14:

Not even Peter Obi can win by that margin in Imo state.
I am expecting lots of cancellations in Imo state..

I mean,, the type of cancellations that would make people to call for the overhauling of INEC..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: INEC Released The BVAS Reports Of Bayelsa, Kogi, And Imo To Osita Chidoka by jaxxy(m): 12:48pm On Dec 01, 2023
When a process is hijacked nothing will make sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Released The BVAS Reports Of Bayelsa, Kogi, And Imo To Osita Chidoka by BluntCrazeMan: 12:48pm On Dec 01, 2023
Bobloco:

Why is he thanking INEC for doing what's expected of it.?

It is a SARCASTIC thanking.!!
Re: INEC Released The BVAS Reports Of Bayelsa, Kogi, And Imo To Osita Chidoka by JOemmy(m): 12:53pm On Dec 01, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
Good one

Every sane person already knows it was a massively rigged election a complete pre written result this is the first time any governor in imo state is winning all the 27 LGAs in imo.
Re: INEC Released The BVAS Reports Of Bayelsa, Kogi, And Imo To Osita Chidoka by BluntCrazeMan: 12:56pm On Dec 01, 2023
mizBisola:
Na who ho summarize this write up

Just read the title.
Everything is in the title.

Have a nice day
Re: INEC Released The BVAS Reports Of Bayelsa, Kogi, And Imo To Osita Chidoka by Kukutenla: 12:57pm On Dec 01, 2023
Is Osita aware it was claimed it takes one month to totally download the report
Re: INEC Released The BVAS Reports Of Bayelsa, Kogi, And Imo To Osita Chidoka by Caseless: 1:04pm On Dec 01, 2023
Good!

To be fair, INEC is the only institution that obeys court order accordingly in Nigeria, but it's peopled by corrupt individuals.

The court cannot continue to drag us back by not upholding the place of technology in our elections - technology improves transparency and reduces the workload of cases that the courts might have to handle.

But they rubbish technology in their judgement. If what BIVAS has is not corresponding with the number of votes, it's a pointer that something "ontowards" might have happen in the process and the court does not have to ignore these signs if they want us to succeed. If these data from BIVAS are not admissible evidence in election to prove irregularities, then they should tell us why we spent money to buy them.

1 Like

Re: INEC Released The BVAS Reports Of Bayelsa, Kogi, And Imo To Osita Chidoka by BluntCrazeMan: 1:05pm On Dec 01, 2023
Kukutenla:
Is Osita aware it was claimed it takes one month to totally download the report

Haahahahaaahahaaa..

Is there any way through which the INEC lets the public to know that the “download” is completed??
Re: INEC Released The BVAS Reports Of Bayelsa, Kogi, And Imo To Osita Chidoka by efeteb: 1:07pm On Dec 01, 2023
cheesy ft

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Exhume Student’s Corpse For Autopsy / Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande / Court Sacks Zamfara APC Excos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.