Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,086 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

I Killed The Big Rat (okete) Eating Our Cocoa pods - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I Killed The Big Rat (okete) Eating Our Cocoa pods (51265 Views)

This Is Bush Rat, Alligator, Grasscutter, Rabbit And Reptile TRAP / My Trap Caught A Bush Rat, Let Me Teach You How To Make Bush Rat Soup! / My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Killed The Big Rat (okete) Eating Our Cocoa pods by Upaka(f): 7:28pm On Dec 01, 2023
[quote author=Redomi post=127261512]It's forbidden for any anybogy from Ondo town to eat okete[/quotele

Lee oo Egin
Re: I Killed The Big Rat (okete) Eating Our Cocoa pods by ubee(m): 7:30pm On Dec 01, 2023
That rat is called a 'pouched rat'.

It can be seen in the entirety of the South of the country.

I'm not sure if it's seen in the middle belt and North.

It's brown colour is noticeably lighter than that of the common rat we have in the country. The lower part of it's tail is white and scaled.

1 Like

Re: I Killed The Big Rat (okete) Eating Our Cocoa pods by ClitRaider: 7:32pm On Dec 01, 2023
Redomi:
It's forbidden for any anybogy from Ondo town to eat okete

Omoh see beta meat!!
Re: I Killed The Big Rat (okete) Eating Our Cocoa pods by freemi(m): 7:32pm On Dec 01, 2023
FuckingMachine:

Oga drop location.
It's like you think we're foolish on this forum abi? angry
lols
Re: I Killed The Big Rat (okete) Eating Our Cocoa pods by FinidiGeorge: 7:33pm On Dec 01, 2023
Sucre6:
Op thank you for making me salivate for nothing 😭
This bush meat go go well with cold palm wine 😊
You are a man! You too sabi grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Killed The Big Rat (okete) Eating Our Cocoa pods by Machinegun91(m): 7:34pm On Dec 01, 2023
Yolubar people too like kpomo

I believe you eat the kpomo

1 Like

Re: I Killed The Big Rat (okete) Eating Our Cocoa pods by Kamalex22(m): 7:35pm On Dec 01, 2023
Inanlilahi
Re: I Killed The Big Rat (okete) Eating Our Cocoa pods by lomprico(m): 7:35pm On Dec 01, 2023
Mantul:

Can you make chocolate from the pods? If yes do drop step by step recipe

Google is your friend
Re: I Killed The Big Rat (okete) Eating Our Cocoa pods by verifiablefacts: 7:38pm On Dec 01, 2023
Thank God you no call am rabbit as some would.

1 Like

Re: I Killed The Big Rat (okete) Eating Our Cocoa pods by Mosba: 7:39pm On Dec 01, 2023
Killed burnt, cut and I want to see the next update
Re: I Killed The Big Rat (okete) Eating Our Cocoa pods by ubee(m): 7:41pm On Dec 01, 2023
Which other big animals are you referring to?
You've basically mentioned all the animals one could possibly imagine available to you for consumption.
SyrusdeHansome:
Any meat outside chicken, goat, cow, pig, sheep and some other big animals count me out.

1 Like

Re: I Killed The Big Rat (okete) Eating Our Cocoa pods by thatigboman: 7:41pm On Dec 01, 2023
Redomi:
I have to do this so that I can get buyers
why will u sell to someone else what you are forbidden to eat? U want the person die an untimely death or go to hell?
Re: I Killed The Big Rat (okete) Eating Our Cocoa pods by Phantom233: 7:44pm On Dec 01, 2023
Nothing surprised me again in this country,Some humans being even eat snake and catsπŸ™„

1 Like

Re: I Killed The Big Rat (okete) Eating Our Cocoa pods by ubee(m): 7:44pm On Dec 01, 2023
No mind a lot of us Nigerians that turn words and meanings on their head and mostly behave as if we are more knowledgeable about a culture than the originators of the culture.

I first observed that some people call it rabbit when I stayed in Delta as a young man.
verifiablefacts:
Thank God you no call am rabbit as some would.

1 Like

Re: I Killed The Big Rat (okete) Eating Our Cocoa pods by lilyheaven: 7:47pm On Dec 01, 2023
Why is the rat looking so beautiful?
Redomi:
There is this big rat that comes every night to eat our cocoa pods. We have two cocoa trees in our compound. I killed the male rat last week and I killed the female today.
It is forbidden for any Ondo ekimogun born to eat the big rat. So I'm going to sell it off.
Re: I Killed The Big Rat (okete) Eating Our Cocoa pods by jojothaiv(m): 7:50pm On Dec 01, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin grin

I'm yet to see one idiot drop her usual lamba.
Re: I Killed The Big Rat (okete) Eating Our Cocoa pods by VEHINTOLAR: 7:51pm On Dec 01, 2023
babaRUNtinz:
Na so I kuku kii two for bush yesterday..

But that actually looks like 3 nah ?!

1 Like

Re: I Killed The Big Rat (okete) Eating Our Cocoa pods by omooba969(m): 7:53pm On Dec 01, 2023
Redomi:
It's forbidden for any anybogy from Ondo town to eat okete

Dey playgrin
Re: I Killed The Big Rat (okete) Eating Our Cocoa pods by yetty247(f): 7:57pm On Dec 01, 2023
Redomi:
There is this big rat that comes every night to eat our cocoa pods. We have two cocoa trees in our compound. I killed the male rat last week and I killed the female today.
It is forbidden for any Ondo ekimogun born to eat the big rat. So I'm going to sell it off.

This one don chop belle full
Re: I Killed The Big Rat (okete) Eating Our Cocoa pods by ufuosman(m): 8:07pm On Dec 01, 2023
Swt meat πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: I Killed The Big Rat (okete) Eating Our Cocoa pods by Davoneskay(m): 8:14pm On Dec 01, 2023
Rexymania:
Why is it forbidden to eat rat in your state?

You got the OP wrongly. He said it is forbidden in Ondo Egin (Ondo Town) not the entire Ondo State. There is a place in Ondo State called Ondo Town. It is different from Ondo State. I'm from Ondo State and I eat it.

3 Likes

Re: I Killed The Big Rat (okete) Eating Our Cocoa pods by soccerlite: 8:16pm On Dec 01, 2023
Forbidden!
Re: I Killed The Big Rat (okete) Eating Our Cocoa pods by Akaegwu(m): 8:16pm On Dec 01, 2023
Your happy that you closed one family
Re: I Killed The Big Rat (okete) Eating Our Cocoa pods by bluefilm: 8:21pm On Dec 01, 2023
From Pythons to Okete

Okay, Lalasticlala, you are doing well
Re: I Killed The Big Rat (okete) Eating Our Cocoa pods by adecz: 8:26pm On Dec 01, 2023
Since your culture forbids eating
this rat, gaining or making profit from
it is spiritually equivalent to eating it
& may bring you to doom...

Beware & be guided, before some
unusual things begin to happen
around you❗️❗️❗️

Just dash it to an Igbo man around
you. They love such things.
Re: I Killed The Big Rat (okete) Eating Our Cocoa pods by LOVEGINO(m): 8:33pm On Dec 01, 2023
FuckingMachine:

Snap your mouth.
hahahahaha
Re: I Killed The Big Rat (okete) Eating Our Cocoa pods by mecuries(m): 8:39pm On Dec 01, 2023
This looks like a rabbit
Re: I Killed The Big Rat (okete) Eating Our Cocoa pods by ALFADOS(m): 8:52pm On Dec 01, 2023
Redomi:
hahaha, truly it's a taboo, I have sold it already. N1500
Anything forbidden to eat is also forbidden for sale because selling is equivalent to eating it

1 Like

Re: I Killed The Big Rat (okete) Eating Our Cocoa pods by JordanMichael(m): 8:59pm On Dec 01, 2023
;Dhunger dey
FuckingMachine:

But you roast am.

Re: I Killed The Big Rat (okete) Eating Our Cocoa pods by Adebayorsayaty: 9:03pm On Dec 01, 2023
I beg you send my own to my Bluetooth ooooo
Re: I Killed The Big Rat (okete) Eating Our Cocoa pods by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:19pm On Dec 01, 2023
I have eaten Okete once in my life and I can tell that it's more delicious than majority of the meat I've eaten so far, if not all...

This animal too sweet abeg...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tubers Of Yam Being Packaged For Exportation (Photos) / Watermelon Harvest Time On A Nairalander's Farm. / My Watermelon Farming Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.