Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,306 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Lagos Issues Stop Work Order To A Developer In Lekki (Photos) - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lagos Issues Stop Work Order To A Developer In Lekki (Photos) (34856 Views)

Lagos Issues Deadline To Squatters Under Ijora, Blue Line Bridges To Vacate / Lagos Issues Seven-day Ultimatum To Illegal Structure Owners In Lekki, Other Are / Lagos Issues Contravention Notices To Residential, Commercial Buildings In Lekki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Issues Stop Work Order To A Developer In Lekki (Photos) by Menclothing: 10:50pm On Dec 01, 2023
90 percent of people who buy developers property are people living outside Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Lagos Issues Stop Work Order To A Developer In Lekki (Photos) by HRMK: 10:52pm On Dec 01, 2023
are u an architect or civil engineer or went through related courses?
Re: Lagos Issues Stop Work Order To A Developer In Lekki (Photos) by Panda7(m): 11:01pm On Dec 01, 2023
Lagos State in 20 years.
Re: Lagos Issues Stop Work Order To A Developer In Lekki (Photos) by gosmoney(m): 11:26pm On Dec 01, 2023
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Most dumbest and dullest commissioner ever. Illiterate commissioner forming woke.

Do your work and stop showing people nonsense. Even if you reduced all the buildings in Lagos to smithereens, heaven won't fall, so go on with your unprofessional method of tackling problems.
if dis houses are completed and lagos state start demolishing u will be d first to say there were no warning notices, nw they are showing u and u still dey complain u most be mad ogun go kill u. U better go back to ur village

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Issues Stop Work Order To A Developer In Lekki (Photos) by tsdarkside(m): 11:29pm On Dec 01, 2023
nedekid:

If this developer had managed to complete the place, it is to sell it off, take his money and move on. The helpless innocent buyer will be left to carry the cross.

ehen....
like that....??

interestin....

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Issues Stop Work Order To A Developer In Lekki (Photos) by OAFMods: 11:32pm On Dec 01, 2023
Foe your mind you think you can bigot shame me even when I emboldened the Igbo in my comment. Should you not I am unapologetic about that which my action ?

zikter:
In as much as I condemn this illicit act of building on water ways as you are also not in support, it is a shame that you are a tribal warlord and a bigot. What has Igbo got to do with here comment? How do you know she is Igbo?
Re: Lagos Issues Stop Work Order To A Developer In Lekki (Photos) by henrimoto(m): 11:41pm On Dec 01, 2023
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Most dumbest and dullest commissioner ever. Illiterate commissioner forming woke.

Do your work and stop showing people nonsense. Even if you reduced all the buildings in Lagos to smithereens, heaven won't fall, so go on with your unprofessional method of tackling problems.
Vanessa, where have you been all this while ? You dey scare on Nairaland. Welcome Back!
Re: Lagos Issues Stop Work Order To A Developer In Lekki (Photos) by Nobody: 11:44pm On Dec 01, 2023
tsdarkside:

i dont understand either....they dont mind to risk the investments....

the same way somebody smugglin drugs knows when caught could cost him or her life.... undecided undecided

i dont gerrit....

They will find gullible people to sell the homes.
Re: Lagos Issues Stop Work Order To A Developer In Lekki (Photos) by tsdarkside(m): 11:49pm On Dec 01, 2023
Skyview01:

They will find gullible people to sell the homes.

now i understand why they are rushin to build them finish,although goverment officials marked them as illegal....
this is not only a igbos matter....
not even only omo onile matter either....

its the construction companies....!!

i have to apologize to the igbos in that case....
if you purchase this properties from registered companies,you await that everything is legit....
Re: Lagos Issues Stop Work Order To A Developer In Lekki (Photos) by Morphinne: 12:00am On Dec 02, 2023
tsdarkside:

law enforcement is miserable in nigeria....
While blaming these law enforcers for not doing their jobs diligently, also try to extend your admonition to the citizens. We all witnessed how those troublesome economic refugees almost turned the recent exercise into a Yoruba-Igbo war.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Issues Stop Work Order To A Developer In Lekki (Photos) by tsdarkside(m): 12:08am On Dec 02, 2023
Morphinne:

While blaming these law enforcers for not doing their jobs diligently, also try to extend your admonition to the citizens. We all witnessed how those troublesome economic refugees almost turned the recent exercise into a Yoruba-Igbo war.

indeed....

their they are wrong....
it seems igbos off their brains when they hear anything igbo....
its a big problem with them....

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Issues Stop Work Order To A Developer In Lekki (Photos) by Nobody: 12:37am On Dec 02, 2023
tsdarkside:

now i understand why they are rushin to build them finish,although goverment officials marked them as illegal....
this is not only a igbos matter....
not even only omo onile matter either....

its the construction companies....!!

i have to apologize to the igbos in that case....
if you purchase this properties from registered companies,you await that everything is legit....

The property developers are cashing out big time
Re: Lagos Issues Stop Work Order To A Developer In Lekki (Photos) by Abufo: 2:40am On Dec 02, 2023
yewit37486:
There is clearly a gap somewhere in the whole process, Nigerians sef don't hear word, so until the government starts ensuring CONSEQUENCES for developers and builders flouting laws, nothing will change. Same way buildings were collapsing left right and center in recent years including one at Ikoyi. There is a gap somewhere and it needs to be fixed for everyone's safety.

The biggest offender here is the government as usual! How can you allow omoiles to sell govenment land and canals...........to the point of allowing development to go on the the point of home sales....all of a sudden government undergoes an epiphany and starts demolishing everything in sight! Lagos earns billions of naira monthly on land transactions....they should invest in a robust monitoring and enforcement unit!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Issues Stop Work Order To A Developer In Lekki (Photos) by Jemex003: 3:29am On Dec 02, 2023
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Sadist please whenever you want to make your senseless comment try to indicate your State.

Lack of training children cannot come online to be saying nonsense to us like they do to their parents
Re: Lagos Issues Stop Work Order To A Developer In Lekki (Photos) by Sibbb: 3:59am On Dec 02, 2023
delpee:
I wonder why a sane person will confidently build on a drainage channel or even without a building approval.

We all know that water will always find it's way leading to heavy flooding in other areas along the route.

Extremely selfish and unconscionable people!
Talking like a geologist, are you one?
Re: Lagos Issues Stop Work Order To A Developer In Lekki (Photos) by bigsmoke2(m): 4:22am On Dec 02, 2023
MadamVanessa:
shocked

so those that built house on canals are the intelligent ones

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Issues Stop Work Order To A Developer In Lekki (Photos) by Kay25(m): 4:35am On Dec 02, 2023
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Tell the better way to do it in the midst of high propaganda going on

1 Like

Re: Lagos Issues Stop Work Order To A Developer In Lekki (Photos) by Keedyreal: 4:56am On Dec 02, 2023
DrAkpa:

I have built 12 flats in Lagos and abuja, with 3 being occupied by your brother's from the west. You have touched the tiger's tail and your brothers would be kicked out within the next 6months. I will show u evidence when the time comes. Ozuo
This one mumuness carry first class ..... Most stupid people in the world
Re: Lagos Issues Stop Work Order To A Developer In Lekki (Photos) by Johnthesuccess: 5:12am On Dec 02, 2023
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Unprofessional Na God go punish your fathers. Oloriburuku omo.
Re: Lagos Issues Stop Work Order To A Developer In Lekki (Photos) by Dicoomoba: 5:33am On Dec 02, 2023
[quote author=MadamVanessa post=127263239] shocked

Do your work and stop showing people nonsense. Even if you reduced all the buildings in Lagos to smithereens, heaven won't fall, so go on with your unprofessional method of tackling problems.[/quote

Mr professional , first of where is your state and please can you show us how they do it professionally,?
Re: Lagos Issues Stop Work Order To A Developer In Lekki (Photos) by DECLAN2015(m): 5:49am On Dec 02, 2023
MadamVanessa:
shocked

What are u saying?
If there is flood now or disaster.u ll still open your mouth waaaa and blame the govermt

1 Like

Re: Lagos Issues Stop Work Order To A Developer In Lekki (Photos) by Nice2023(m): 6:02am On Dec 02, 2023
Lanretoye:
na wetin make igbo man leave vast land in the east and come to build mansion on drainage in lagos.yoruba has a very long way to go to that stupid level.

This is how to spot a poor soul with a poor reasoning.

As a Nigerian,I can build my house anywhere I want.
Re: Lagos Issues Stop Work Order To A Developer In Lekki (Photos) by Whatisurproblem(m): 6:25am On Dec 02, 2023
MadamVanessa:
shocked

you are just being pained here, you Sha want to destroy Lagos but your empty brain can't comprehend Lagos progress, go back to your dungeon called state. Do you even know your state to start with?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Issues Stop Work Order To A Developer In Lekki (Photos) by Blitzking: 7:07am On Dec 02, 2023
lexylaw40kuti:
Authorities from the Drainage Enforcement and Compliance Department of the Lagos State Ministry of Environment and Water Resources have issued a cease-work directive to a developer located along System 156, behind Victoria Crest Estate II in the Lekki region of the state.

The directive was issued due to the developer's unauthorised activities, including illegal sand filling of the channel which was carried out without obtaining the necessary approval from the state authorities.

The Commissioner, Ministry of the Environment and Water Resources, Tokunbo Wahab, shared photos on his social media handle to make this known on Friday, December 1.

He wrote:
Developers for build am sell am to unsuspecting buyers. U go dey hear just 60 million naira..fitted this fitted that..own Jona as the yorubas dey talk.
Re: Lagos Issues Stop Work Order To A Developer In Lekki (Photos) by abbasajao(m): 7:10am On Dec 02, 2023
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Yamirin ranting
Re: Lagos Issues Stop Work Order To A Developer In Lekki (Photos) by grandstar(m): 7:39am On Dec 02, 2023
lexylaw40kuti:
We hope they will listen

These developers know what they doing is wrong but proceed anyway with the strong belief that can get away with it.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Issues Stop Work Order To A Developer In Lekki (Photos) by grandstar(m): 7:50am On Dec 02, 2023
MadamVanessa:
shocked

I am an estate agent and what the developer did is wrong.

I once had land I was marketing, a big plot which I was yet to inspect. It was property was situated close to Unilag and the owner wanted a developer to build a hostel on it on a mutually beneficial basis

When I took a developer there, I noticed it was close to a canal. The developer feigned interest and deep down, i could see doubt written all over him due to the canal issues. He said he would get back to me but never did.

I also took a client to a beautiful school in ifako ijaiye area. This property ticked all the boxes. There was only one problem. A portion of the properry was under high tension wires.The client too feigned interest but nothing ever came out of it.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Issues Stop Work Order To A Developer In Lekki (Photos) by femi4: 8:11am On Dec 02, 2023
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Show us the professional way of allowing water flow into a building and come out at the other end

1 Like

Re: Lagos Issues Stop Work Order To A Developer In Lekki (Photos) by bizzibodi(m): 8:48am On Dec 02, 2023
Who approve that development plan,who sold that drainage area to him the same government.
Re: Lagos Issues Stop Work Order To A Developer In Lekki (Photos) by Ubanz: 9:04am On Dec 02, 2023
Stop work order after building has neared 85% completion and those in authority have had their slice of the cake?
This is wickedness.
Why didn't they give the stop work order when the construction was at foundation level?
This wickedness is some of the reasons why you see people being killed everywhere.
Our Civil servants are #1 in the scale of corruption.
Re: Lagos Issues Stop Work Order To A Developer In Lekki (Photos) by Khyrvxjzy: 9:27am On Dec 02, 2023
Kossyso:
How do one even map out this expanse of land just for drainage?

you cant know
ibo dont have ocean

1 Like

Re: Lagos Issues Stop Work Order To A Developer In Lekki (Photos) by Khyrvxjzy: 9:30am On Dec 02, 2023
Tmb78:
Nothing tribalistic against the Yorubas to write again?
Has the bowl been emptied already ?😂😂

joyandfaith

Igbodicool

phorget

bigpicture001t

TINUBUISMAD

Chiefpriestt

Joy2dworldxyz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Much Is Bag Of Cement In Your Area? / Window Blinds At Affordable Prices / Flat Roof Design Vs. Pitched Roof

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.