Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,077 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Which Job Should I Pick? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Job Should I Pick? (18153 Views)

Which Job Should I Choose In This Harsh Economy, Job A Or Stick To Job B / Please Help, Which Job Should I Go For / Which Job Should I Go For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Job Should I Pick? by Gggjhhj: 7:24pm On Dec 01, 2023
Omo choose porter, you may have the opportunity of meeting a lot of persons, you may still meet your destiny helper

My friend was a porter in 1 hotel, he was just freely helping people with free heart couple with tips, met an air force commodore, that worked his way to NDA, he graduated 2years ago. I Sha no know all this military ranks, but e don finish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Job Should I Pick? by fitinwell: 7:24pm On Dec 01, 2023
You start from somewhere...
Re: Which Job Should I Pick? by do4luv14(m): 7:26pm On Dec 01, 2023
Selfless1:
I got two jobs, and I don't know which to go for.

Job 1 is a Porter position in a hotel. Salary - 40k

Job 2 is a Customer Service position in MTN. Although, the employment is not from MTN directly. It's from a company MTN outsource the job to. Salary is 35k, with a 5k increment every 3months.

Which should I choose, and please give reason. Thanks

How far is both jobs from your place of residence
Re: Which Job Should I Pick? by ola9ja(m): 7:32pm On Dec 01, 2023
There is dignity in Labor, but I must be sincere with you except its something you are passionate about you can even do it for free and still get the desired satisfaction, otherwise that salary is nothing to write home about I swear

fabolouz1:
Anyone that gives you job satisfaction.
Re: Which Job Should I Pick? by UptownVibes(m): 7:32pm On Dec 01, 2023
Some persons up there are saying what will 40k salary do in Tinubu regime. It will surprise you to know that some persons earn as low as 20k as salary a month.. Some doesn't have a job at all..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Job Should I Pick? by frog12: 7:33pm On Dec 01, 2023
Olodo. which one be Porter for hotel? you dey wash plates??

MTN give you 5k increase every 3 months?? calculate am now grin grin grin
Re: Which Job Should I Pick? by Fatbam005: 7:34pm On Dec 01, 2023
John389:
Damn. 40k salary in this Tinubu Economy.
Shut up!! Imp
Re: Which Job Should I Pick? by Sucre7: 7:35pm On Dec 01, 2023
I'll suggest you go for the skilled job. That's Porter in a hotel is an unskilled job and won't look good on your resumé.
Re: Which Job Should I Pick? by surplusbaba(m): 7:35pm On Dec 01, 2023
I will suggest MTN. I know of people that start with 35k in Ison MTN years back and now earning 500k monthly due to experience. Actually, MTN CC will use o..... but u will definitely get the experience. I can assure u of that. So, if u wanna grow career wise, choose MTN. inbox me if u need further clarification as i have once work with MTN Ison b4 as a call centre agent.
Selfless1:

Job 2 is a Customer Service position in MTN. Although, the employment is not from MTN directly. It's from a company MTN outsource the job to. Salary is 35k, with a 5k increment every 3months.

Re: Which Job Should I Pick? by thatigboman: 7:36pm On Dec 01, 2023
Take job 1 sharpaly
Re: Which Job Should I Pick? by odimbannamdi(m): 7:36pm On Dec 01, 2023
ecolime:
Take the customer service role. In a year, your salary will be 55k. The role will juice up your skillset for better opportunities.

Selfless1, please take this advise.

1 Like

Re: Which Job Should I Pick? by frog12: 7:38pm On Dec 01, 2023
Olodo. which one be Porter for hotel? you dey wash plates??

MTN give you 5k increase every 3 months?? calculate am now grin grin grin
Re: Which Job Should I Pick? by worldclass68(m): 7:40pm On Dec 01, 2023
So all those people wey dey speak big grammar whenever I call mtn customer care nah 35k them dey collect angry

Chai this is so bad....less than $35 for a the whole month haba
Re: Which Job Should I Pick? by sulaak(m): 7:41pm On Dec 01, 2023
bassdow:

which of them is closer to his place of residence ?

If I were in his shoes, I would go for PORTER since I would be able to do other things like

1. further my education, while placing myself on permanent NightDuty.

2. doing other (odd) jobs while on Night/Off Duty.

3. running a side hustle which while on Night Duty, would have opportunity to monitor.

4. I would be able to sleep at work premises while on DayShift, and only go home on weekends, or when I like,
thereby saving a lot of money that otherwise would have been spent on transportation.

5. I don't have to lie that I am sick whenever I want to submit CV or attend job interviews elsewhere.

6. chances are, I get to enjoy free food, and tips from customers/clients

7.... oya make una add ya OWNs

Also with the customerService job, except you are offDuty (very rare), you only have mostly Sundays to yourself. That kinda of woork, the moment you loose it, you would be useLess to ya self because all your time went into it, with nothing left to further improve yourSelf

The most important skill to have is work experience, if you apply for a job with experience in customer service you will move to the top of the list. You can study anytime and anywhere, by doing an online degree.
Re: Which Job Should I Pick? by Rechargeam247(f): 7:44pm On Dec 01, 2023
Consider the distance to your location, if the job affords you free time to pick up relevant skills or do other things.
Re: Which Job Should I Pick? by SmartThief(m): 7:46pm On Dec 01, 2023
Tajbol4splend:
Go learn valuable skills and stop looking for salary jobs, salary job is not a life, stop letting people use you

Learn Tech
Learn Communication
Learn agriculture

These are the areas where money is, stop being lazy

Is this meant to be encouraging? You think if he had the money he would be here looking for advice? Everybody didnt have it soft like you! Mtcheeww!

1 Like

Re: Which Job Should I Pick? by Nokio2: 7:47pm On Dec 01, 2023
Funny I have done both jobs
I r between Gaza n Syria
Porter guest n HR wahala
I have more time tho
MTN ccr so this people still they pay 35k
Na us drag wit them for Jos that year lol
This one MTN own u
I go wear headset sotay when I dey off u go dey hear hello welcome to MTN customer care how may I help u for ur ear... eyes go look pc screen Taya..ac dey chill permanent if I get pneumonia no go dia o
Re: Which Job Should I Pick? by pretydiva(f): 7:49pm On Dec 01, 2023
Go for the one that gives you time to do some side hustle.

But both pay are kinda low. It’s well
Re: Which Job Should I Pick? by NaijaCover(m): 7:50pm On Dec 01, 2023
Run From MTN WORK
Re: Which Job Should I Pick? by pek(m): 7:58pm On Dec 01, 2023
Selfless1:

Job 2 is a Customer Service position in MTN. Although
the employment is not from MTN directly. It's from a company MTN outsource the job to. Salary is 35k, with a 5k increment every 3months.

MTN job will stress you out
Re: Which Job Should I Pick? by adecz: 8:00pm On Dec 01, 2023
Chose none❗️❗️❗️

40k is slave wage unless they are
giving you accommodation.

I see you spending nothing less than
N500 on a daily basis for TP.

Porter sef is the biggest slave work of
morning to night and no weekend.

You never get job yet😐😐😐
Re: Which Job Should I Pick? by Dopeluiz(m): 8:01pm On Dec 01, 2023
ecolime:
Take the customer service role. In a year, your salary will be 55k. The role will juice up your skillset for better opportunities.
go with this op.. I started with like this and today I earn 200k gross from Customer Service. Stay there for about a year or two if e let u do. That way you can pick up experience and please learn CRM tools like Sprnklr and Sales Force and Excel. No do hotel work. MTN may let u work from home if u sabi play office politics. But I'm dissapointed at that amount.
Re: Which Job Should I Pick? by funshint(m): 8:01pm On Dec 01, 2023
Re: Which Job Should I Pick? by funshint(m): 8:01pm On Dec 01, 2023
Na work you see; you never see job grin
Re: Which Job Should I Pick? by abobote: 8:02pm On Dec 01, 2023
Re: Which Job Should I Pick? by BennyDGreat: 8:04pm On Dec 01, 2023
Tajbol4splend:
Go learn valuable skills and stop looking for salary jobs, salary job is not a life, stop letting people use you

Learn Tech
Learn Communication
Learn agriculture

These are the areas where money is, stop being lazy

You just shared solid gold mine areas. Solid
Re: Which Job Should I Pick? by BeigJawnson(m): 8:04pm On Dec 01, 2023
Selfless1:

Pray to God for guidance...
Re: Which Job Should I Pick? by Cutehector(m): 8:05pm On Dec 01, 2023
Abeg come make i hire you.
Re: Which Job Should I Pick? by Dennisochampa: 8:05pm On Dec 01, 2023
Both jobs, even though better than nothing, are still now the kind of jobs anyone who wants to go far in life should be pondering over....
See the job as something to gather relevant working experience and also not to be idle...
That being said... With a hotel job, you can earn twice as much as your salary from tips alone.... Depending on how smart, humble and welcoming you are to guests... While for that mtn job, there is no way to earn extra and it's not like you're even a direct employee of mtn so there won't be any benefits apart from the promised 5k which comes every 3 months.... My advice? If you're hard working and smart, take the hotel job... But if you're conformable where you are presently... Then go for the contract mtn job... May the sprit of God guide you to Make the right decision
Re: Which Job Should I Pick? by Adegbol07: 8:14pm On Dec 01, 2023
CRs jobs dont have chuachua especially online CRs only your salary and if you are in lagos it's not easy you will run both day(morning/afternoon) and night shift. Your increament depend with your assessment from quality assurance and productivity within the 3month. Porters job chuachua dey there especially if you have good customer relation skills and your street OT would be 100percent. Don't get comfortable in any of them esp CR because it's contract and MTN can terminate the outsourcing or refuse to renew the outsourcing contract
Re: Which Job Should I Pick? by Love800(m): 8:20pm On Dec 01, 2023
Am interested. Just incase.
Cutehector:
Abeg come make i hire you.
Re: Which Job Should I Pick? by Karlifate: 8:21pm On Dec 01, 2023
fidelmarshal199:
That customer care agent is definitely not from mtn. Mtn can never stoop so low

The outsourcing company will take their percentage, hence the low starting salary.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vacancies At University Of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH) / Npower Message To Participants That Are Yet To Receive December And January / Recruitment At Lagos State Polytechnic 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.