Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,909 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

Yorubas Too Dey Lie, The History Of Ogiame And The Oba Rift - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yorubas Too Dey Lie, The History Of Ogiame And The Oba Rift (1132 Views)

Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli / The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US / Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Too Dey Lie, The History Of Ogiame And The Oba Rift by Mraphel: 1:47pm On Dec 03, 2023
KingOKON:

Ogbeni keep quiet, which slaves full Brazil and the Caribbeans up till these days?
Shey Dem tell you the Oba sell any of his people or na you obas de kill themselves over slaves
A lot of Edos were sold onto slaves. Your Oba was not exporting anything to Europeans except Edo slaves. The place is called IDumota till now.

It means a place of selling Idu people and Idu people are from Edo state.
Re: Yorubas Too Dey Lie, The History Of Ogiame And The Oba Rift by gregyboy(m): 2:05pm On Dec 03, 2023
KingOKON:

Shey Oba don tell Dem final final for inside Eko?
Now people from ogbomosho okitipupa oshogbo go de run dem like say dem be lagosians

They were paying heavy tax to the Oba, only the Eguns of Badagry get mouth for Lagos every others were paying tithes while any chief must report to the obas palace for certification

Entire lagos nor get mouth, if only the oba knew

Re: Yorubas Too Dey Lie, The History Of Ogiame And The Oba Rift by gregyboy(m): 2:16pm On Dec 03, 2023
AreaFada2:

@gregyboy, I commend your patience. But it seems you have to educate many generations of history twisters.

Sadly, many of those arguing history thinking it is Yoruba patriotism don't know their GENUINE family history beyond 4 generations. Not to talk of history as a whole. Many are even Tapa slaves in Yoruba land originally.

They are not interested in any objective discussions. Years ago, I proudly narrated my Edo and Yoruba side for all to know that I have every reason to be objective. I wanted to be a bridge builder. But for most of them only lies and bigotry will do, so na waste of time.

Very sad.

The thing is I have to be patience with them even if it entails being in my sick bed
My joy is getting the parasitic narrative of our oba being a yoruba man of our history it is parasitic and untrue

I decided to dedicate my time at the moment to address it even when I wanted to look away but the yorubas get attacking the oba of Benin in their numbers which was uncomfortable to look away from many Benins didn't even bother attacking back I felt disappointed

The igbos and yorubas are constantly on our neck to denounce our history to favour them
If u can't fight them with guns maybe words will do our ancestors were never cowards so I can't be one either

Like people will say give up nor join
Re: Yorubas Too Dey Lie, The History Of Ogiame And The Oba Rift by gregyboy(m): 2:21pm On Dec 03, 2023
Padipadi:

Now sftu!
I v history that tallied with that of ya king.
But here's a question for you kid. Who's the father of Eweka?

The question is can you provide any evidence that Ife and Benin had any relations prior to 1897 to the time of amalgamation if yes provide evidence dating between this year's

To answer your question the father of eweka is a Benin man

While you're thinking of the answer to give me read this

The history of oromiyan in Benin was formed and forged in the old western region to intergret the Benins and the oba as yorubas even to the extent of giving him the second position and displacing the alafin who was originally the second after the ooni of Ife although tho the oba of Benin accepted this offer at first but things didn't go as planned the other yoruba monarchs and together with the alafin of oyo was not happy with this new arrangement that the oba of Benin who is second after the ooni of Ife can't even speak yoruba language and so many other complains ensued from there, again the oba of Benin had a fall out with awolowo and other benin political aspirants and as a result pulling out of western region became thinkable and as soon as Midwestern region was created the oba of benin refuted the false history and the yorubas kings fired back and soon after the oba of Benin forged a counter history of ekaladeran and since then the history that started on falsehood became held seriously by many people who are unaware
Re: Yorubas Too Dey Lie, The History Of Ogiame And The Oba Rift by AreaFada2: 3:22pm On Dec 03, 2023
gregyboy:

The thing is I have to be patience with them even if it entails being in my sick bed
My joy is getting the parasitic narrative of our oba being a yoruba man of our history it is parasitic and untrue

I decided to dedicate my time at the moment to address it even when I wanted to look away but the yorubas get attacking the oba of Benin in their numbers which was uncomfortable to look away from many Benins didn't even bother attacking back I felt disappointed

The igbos and yorubas are constantly on our neck to denounce our history to favour them
If u can't fight them with guns maybe words will do our ancestors were never cowards so I can't be one either

Like people will say give up nor join
Well, their attack is because Oba's words carry a lot of weight. The more they attack, the more it keeps the discussion in the public space. What the Oba said is not different from what we have been saying on Nairaland and elsewhere for over a decade now.

So you expect people whose kings a selected by bent/corrupt politicians and through bribery to know the value of royalty?

Or you expect envious entities not to show their bitterness? grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

There are some things we must surely condemn and not allow to stand for sure. But they have become very predictable. Nobody takes them seriously.

I have written epistles on Oba travelling or not travelling for years here. In one of them, I mentioned being present when Oba paid a post-coronation thank you visit to our father's palace and subsequent visit nationwide in early 1980s.

Yet, recently, there was still an FP topic that Benin people say Oba doesn't travel. shocked shocked shocked shocked

They just want to yarn. Nothing dey.
Re: Yorubas Too Dey Lie, The History Of Ogiame And The Oba Rift by Padipadi(m): 3:33pm On Dec 03, 2023
gregyboy:

The question is can you provide any evidence that Ife and Benin had any relations prior to 1897 to the time of amalgamation if yes provide evidence dating between this year's

To answer your question the father of eweka is a Benin man

While you're thinking of the answer to give me read this

The history of oromiyan in Benin was formed and forged in the old western region to intergret the Benins and the oba as yorubas even to the extent of giving him the second position and displacing the alafin who was originally the second after the ooni of Ife although tho the oba of Benin accepted this offer at first but things didn't go as planned the other yoruba monarchs and together with the alafin of oyo was not happy with this new arrangement that the oba of Benin who is second after the ooni of Ife can't even speak yoruba language and so many other complains ensued from there, again the oba of Benin had a fall out with awolowo and other benin political aspirants and as a result pulling out of western region became thinkable and as soon as Midwestern region was created the oba of benin refuted the false history and the yorubas kings fired back and soon after the oba of Benin forged a counter history of ekaladeran and since then the history that started on falsehood became held seriously by many people who are unaware
Gregory aka Gregboy, your Benin kings confirmed all I wrote o. They knew Oranyan gave birth to Eweka. If you say no be him, no p. Who come be Eweka's dad o?
Cos I no know how benin people go mumu allow southwest people rewrite their history of not for inferiority complex and that's what's making you to lie.
Who's the father of Eweka if it's not Oranmiyan?
You Benin cockroaches nationwide, una pride too much!
Re: Yorubas Too Dey Lie, The History Of Ogiame And The Oba Rift by Padipadi(m): 3:35pm On Dec 03, 2023
AreaFada2:

Well, their attack is because Oba's words carry a lot of weight. The more they attack, the more it keeps the discussion in the public space. What the Oba said is not different from what we have been saying on Nairaland and elsewhere for over a decade now.

So you expect people whose kings a selected by bent/corrupt politicians and through bribery to know the value of royalty?

Or you expect envious entities not to show their bitterness? grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

There are some things we must surely condemn and not allow to stand for sure. But they have become very predictable. Nobody takes them seriously.

I have written epistles on Oba travelling or not travelling for years here. In one of them, I mentioned being present when Oba paid a post-coronation thank you visit to our father's palace and subsequent visit nationwide in early 1980s.

Yet, recently, there was still an FP topic that Benin people say Oba doesn't travel. shocked shocked shocked shocked

They just want to yarn. Nothing dey.
You n Gregory aka gregboy just wanna disgrace yaself. I ll help you buy ya clothes of shame. The Oba of Benin said some part of Lagos. He knew people were in Lagos before Benins came there. So what's the fuse?
I v some questions for you.
Who's the father of Eweka?
Re: Yorubas Too Dey Lie, The History Of Ogiame And The Oba Rift by gregyboy(m): 4:39pm On Dec 03, 2023
Padipadi:

Gregory aka Gregboy, your Benin kings confirmed all I wrote o. They knew Oranyan gave birth to Eweka. If you say no be him, no p. Who come be Eweka's dad o?
Cos I no know how benin people go mumu allow southwest people rewrite their history of not for inferiority complex and that's what's making you to lie.
Who's the father of Eweka if it's not Oranmiyan?
You Benin cockroaches nationwide, una pride too much!

Eweka dad is donbraye grin

Lol you dey ask question like u dey primary school

Let me ask you back

What is the name of your primary school teachers father?

Check my screenshot

Re: Yorubas Too Dey Lie, The History Of Ogiame And The Oba Rift by gregyboy(m): 4:57pm On Dec 03, 2023
Mraphel:

A lot of Edos were sold onto slaves. Your Oba was not exporting anything to Europeans except Edo slaves. The place is called IDumota till now.

It means a place of selling Idu people and Idu people are from Edo state.

You're too old for this lies
Re: Yorubas Too Dey Lie, The History Of Ogiame And The Oba Rift by Padipadi(m): 5:07pm On Dec 03, 2023
gregyboy:

Eweka dad is donbraye grin

Lol you dey ask question like u dey primary school

Let me ask you back

What is the name of your primary school teachers father?

Check my screenshot
๐Ÿ˜‚ Eddie Donbraye Oranmiyan abi.
You see, in my quest for the truth I found logical and historical evidence.
If I was very famous I. Nigeria, I ll go public and speak so that my msg can be widely heard.
Now answer one more question before I open cans of worms. Make sure you invite wise & honest Bini people.
What's the meaning of Oba?
What's the meaning of it's vowel & consonants letters?
Does it v deep root in Benin language? If so what does it mean deeply?
Re: Yorubas Too Dey Lie, The History Of Ogiame And The Oba Rift by gregyboy(m): 5:14pm On Dec 03, 2023
Padipadi:

๐Ÿ˜‚ Eddie Donbraye Oranmiyan abi.
You see, in my quest for the truth I found logical and historical evidence.
If I was very famous I. Nigeria, I ll go public and speak so that my msg can be widely heard.
Now answer one more question before I open cans of worms. Make sure you invite wise & honest Bini people.
What's the meaning of Oba?
What's the meaning of it's vowel & consonants letters?
Does it v deep root in Benin language? If so what does it mean deeply?

https://www.nairaland.com/7556730/title-called-omo-noba-not#120676518

Read this to know what oba means

My question
provide me Any Evidence Of Benin-ife Connection Prior To 1475 To 1914, written or artefact wise
Re: Yorubas Too Dey Lie, The History Of Ogiame And The Oba Rift by Padipadi(m): 5:24pm On Dec 03, 2023
gregyboy:

https://www.nairaland.com/7556730/title-called-omo-noba-not#120676518

Read this to know what oba means

My question
provide me Any Evidence Of Benin-ife Connection Prior To 1475 To 1914, written or artefact wise
I v read your post. You v given your meaning and it's fine. Afterall it's Edo people that can write their history. However, if Oba in Benin had no single phrase meaning except you extract it from omo'noba iku akpolopolo etc, how come the Oba has no meaning?
Iku akpolopolo suppose get it's meaning, Omo go get its own, oba go get its own.
What's the meaning of omo and iku akpolopolo?
We are getting to a very interesting point.
Re: Yorubas Too Dey Lie, The History Of Ogiame And The Oba Rift by gregyboy(m): 5:55pm On Dec 03, 2023
Padipadi:

I v read your post. You v given your meaning and it's fine. Afterall it's Edo people that can write their history. However, if Oba in Benin had no single phrase meaning except you extract it from omo'noba iku akpolopolo etc, how come the Oba has no meaning?
Iku akpolopolo suppose get it's meaning, Omo go get its own, oba go get its own.
What's the meaning of omo and iku akpolopolo?
We are getting to a very interesting point.

Re: Yorubas Too Dey Lie, The History Of Ogiame And The Oba Rift by Mraphel: 7:48pm On Dec 03, 2023
gregyboy:

You're too old for this lies
Truth will come very soon that will overtake the lies your palace dey lie up and down. Alawure of Usen still senior your Ogiso of Benin.

I don't regard him as Oba again. Your palace nearly remove Oba Oranmiyan from Benin history all because he came from Ile-Ife. He was the real warrior that established Obaship and disposed Ogisos of Igodomigodo. but they couldn't. They forgot Oranmiyan is not only part of Benin history but part of several town that migrated out of Benin and Ile-ife history even in SS and SW.
Re: Yorubas Too Dey Lie, The History Of Ogiame And The Oba Rift by Mraphel: 7:50pm On Dec 03, 2023
Truly Oba of Benin is not top ten out of all the Oba that traced their root to Ife. Many Oranmiyan elder brothers founded several towns they all senior am like that of Usen.
Re: Yorubas Too Dey Lie, The History Of Ogiame And The Oba Rift by tollyboy5(m): 8:21pm On Dec 03, 2023
gregyboy:

Haha.. You are not new here when we beat tao11 out of nairaland u saw all of it as it unfolded yet you still come at me with thesame lies I have scrunitize
And renderd useless over the years, the most painful part is that you saw it unfolded why you still dare to challenge me with the same old lies baffles me

I will engage you because you're not a youngster here so I will let it slide

Please read and digest those writeup in the screenshot I sent ... Benin influence was not pronounce in most place in lagos apart from lagos island which was the sit of power this does not mean ikeja and it's environs was not under the Benin command, mind you it was only 3 general that was stationed in lagos after it was brought down by the Benins, so don't expect 3 people to influence the entire landmass of the present lagos state

The third screenshot shows that the entire yoruba and the ijebu people was influence and feared by the oba of Benin command

Dont drag the ijebu into your benin kingdom dominance. That tao11 was a propaganda historian.
You should know that the ijebu kingdom has nothing to do with the benin. The ogiso of benin really feared the ancient ijebu people reason why the expansion ended at the area between ijebu and benin (Ondo state).
The oyo empire also avoided the ijebus.
So dont drag the ijebu people to your drag with aworis.
Re: Yorubas Too Dey Lie, The History Of Ogiame And The Oba Rift by gregyboy(m): 8:33pm On Dec 03, 2023
tollyboy5:

Dont drag the ijebu into your benin kingdom dominance. That tao11 was a propaganda historian.
You should know that the ijebu kingdom has nothing to do with the benin. The ogiso of benin really feared the ancient ijebu people reason why the expansion ended at the area between ijebu and benin (Ondo state).
The oyo empire also avoided the ijebus.
So dont drag the ijebu people to your drag with aworis.

You dey whine Benin cry

Check my screenshot

Keyword

Obi qurano = Obayuwana
Yebou= ijebu
Yoruba = yoruba

Re: Yorubas Too Dey Lie, The History Of Ogiame And The Oba Rift by tollyboy5(m): 8:34pm On Dec 03, 2023
gregyboy:

Entire lagos nor get mouth, if only the oba knew
You wan deviate. The entire ijebu clan were paying tax to the awujale.
Nobody should ever distort history of ijebu territory. Nowhere in history has ijebu being controlled not until the British magbon war against awujale. The ijebu were very fetish and conservative that expansionist have really avoided those territory.
From the fulani empire to the oyo empire and the Benin empire.
The oba of benin might have not want any war that would provoke the ijebus to take over Benin city. We owned the lagoon around ibeju-lekki to Epe. Those paying royalty to benin are the aworis along the Lagos island.
Re: Yorubas Too Dey Lie, The History Of Ogiame And The Oba Rift by tollyboy5(m): 8:37pm On Dec 03, 2023
gregyboy:

You dey whine Benin cry

Check my screenshot

Keyword

Obi qurano = Obayuwana
Yebou= ijebu
Yoruba = yoruba

Even the British magbon war only allowed trade and breaking of ijebu territory to independent city controlled by ijebu still

Yebou x= ijebu
Since the british came ijebu were called jebu in their earliest report.
Your screenshot no talk anything. ASk your ogiso about the Ijebu why benin feared awujale
Re: Yorubas Too Dey Lie, The History Of Ogiame And The Oba Rift by gregyboy(m): 8:52pm On Dec 03, 2023
tollyboy5:

You wan deviate. The entire ijebu clan were paying tax to the awujale.
Nobody should ever distort history of ijebu territory. Nowhere in history has ijebu being controlled not until the British magbon war against awujale. The ijebu were very fetish and conservative that expansionist have really avoided those territory.
From the fulani empire to the oyo empire and the Benin empire.
The oba of benin might have not want any war that would provoke the ijebus to take over Benin city. We owned the lagoon around ibeju-lekki to Epe. Those paying royalty to benin are the aworis along the Lagos island.

Do you know why I laugh you... grin grin
Your are not the first ijebu guy to have grace nairaland and speak of the temerity of the ijebu people and at the end of the day they were schooled by me

Are you aware the name ijebu was unintentionally given to them by the edo people but your leaders won't tell you because it has a sad background attached to it, the Benins had always raided the ijebu people for sacrificial slaves for our idols and so when the European inquired about them, the Benin said oo, you mean the tubu people this were the sound they made when the Benins dropped their corpse inside the river, and the European corrupted tubu to ijebu
Refrence y
~ The Rev. S. Johnson, โ€œThe History of the Yorubas,โ€ Completed 1897, Published 1921
Re: Yorubas Too Dey Lie, The History Of Ogiame And The Oba Rift by tollyboy5(m): 8:59pm On Dec 03, 2023
gregyboy:

Your are not the first ijebu guy to have grace nairaland and speak of the temerity of the ijebu people and at the end of the day they were schooled by me

Are you aware the name ijebu was unintentionally given to them by the edo people but your leaders won't tell you because it has a sad background attached to it, the Benins had always raided the ijebu people for sacrificial slaves for our idols and so when the European inquired about them, the Benin said oo, you mean the tubu people this were the sound they made when the Benins dropped their corpse inside the river, and the European corrupted tubu to ijebu
Refrence y
~ The Rev. S. Johnson, โ€œThe History of the Yorubas,โ€ Completed 1897, Published 1921
Lol see historian o! The benin has no history of the ancient tribe called ijebu. All history has resulted to lies from historians like the types from benin and oyo.
The ijebu who migrated and formed a large kingdom could not be claimed by ogiso of benin. He needed to move faraway down to isale eko. The fetish ijebu might have use some beni for human sacrifice hence the avoidance grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Tubu kor mumu ni
Re: Yorubas Too Dey Lie, The History Of Ogiame And The Oba Rift by tollyboy5(m): 9:03pm On Dec 03, 2023
gregyboy:

Refrence y
The word is not ijebu. The word is omo-ijebu" . Where omo-ijebu settle down they named the area with their ancestral name. The benin kingdom and other kingdom followed the civilization the ijebu brought and started using cowry for currency.
Re: Yorubas Too Dey Lie, The History Of Ogiame And The Oba Rift by tollyboy5(m): 9:16pm On Dec 03, 2023
gregyboy:

Any ijebu history not from ijebu native has been debunked by ijebu historian.
Awujale has also debunked ife ancestry.
Till date as you can see the region ruled by the awujale has no dispute of benin villagers or awori villagers etc. Some part of ijebu like ijebu ife were not originally from ijebu. They had to call themselves ijebu to feel protected from scavengers like the Benin.
One lady one time told me the ijebu town she came from. She told me her dad said they were from a town in ondo and only migrated to area close to ijebu for safety.
Even today nigeria at the mention of ijebu every tremble grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Yorubas Too Dey Lie, The History Of Ogiame And The Oba Rift by tollyboy5(m): 9:19pm On Dec 03, 2023
gregyboy:

Hope you know we both founded itshekiri?

I don't want to see you peddling lies on social media. If not, we'll use the power confined in us to ask the itshekiri people to take over benin kingdom and install an ijebu prince.
Re: Yorubas Too Dey Lie, The History Of Ogiame And The Oba Rift by gregyboy(m): 10:50pm On Dec 03, 2023
tollyboy5:

Yebou x= ijebu
Since the british came ijebu were called jebu in their earliest report.
Your screenshot no talk anything. ASk your ogiso about the Ijebu why benin feared awujale

Dey play was there a define spelling then for tribes people spell as they pronounce and it was not only the british that ventured into our shores
Re: Yorubas Too Dey Lie, The History Of Ogiame And The Oba Rift by gregyboy(m): 11:04pm On Dec 03, 2023
Mraphel:

Truth will come very soon that will overtake the lies your palace dey lie up and down. Alawure of Usen still senior your Ogiso of Benin.

I don't regard him as Oba again. Your palace nearly remove Oba Oranmiyan from Benin history all because he came from Ile-Ife. He was the real warrior that established Obaship and disposed Ogisos of Igodomigodo. but they couldn't. They forgot Oranmiyan is not only part of Benin history but part of several town that migrated out of Benin and Ile-ife history even in SS and SW.

provide me Any Evidence Of Benin-ife Connection Prior To 1475 To 1914, written or physical evidence

Read this while I await your answer

Re: Yorubas Too Dey Lie, The History Of Ogiame And The Oba Rift by Christistruth00: 2:09am On Dec 04, 2023
grin

Ife founded Igodomigodo Kingdom and Benin

Re: Yorubas Too Dey Lie, The History Of Ogiame And The Oba Rift by Mraphel: 6:54am On Dec 04, 2023
gregyboy:

provide me Any Evidence Of Benin-ife Connection Prior To 1475 To 1914, written or physical evidence

Read this while I await your answer

Oranmiyan history was forged by the western region? What kinda lunatic thinking is that? Are you saying Oba of Benin history in Edo was forged?
Have been told u Benin people are Starck illiterate. Why have bronze casted of Oranmiyan in Benin of over 1500 years old.
Your Oba palace recognized Oranmiyan as the First Oba during the Coronation making him 40th Oba.
We have many streets named after Oranmiyan in Edo state.
Please think deeply before quoting a Yoruba man not just assume things.

Pic attached. Oranmiyan was the first to brought Eshin (horse) to Edo state. The bronze depicted Oranmiyan as an Oba here.

Eshin (horse)

Abebe

Ada

All these are Yoruba words from Ife and instruments brought by Oranmiyan during his warfare in Igodomigodo land.

Re: Yorubas Too Dey Lie, The History Of Ogiame And The Oba Rift by Mraphel: 7:07am On Dec 04, 2023
Benin history and Edo history is 100% incomplete if you failed to mention ile-ife and Yoruba.

30% of Edo state people that claiming Edos are bearing Yoruba names. You think Edo ancestors are foolish like you modern Benin history fabricators.

All Akoko Edos people are comprises of Edos and Yoruba people.

Afuze, otuo, auchi, Ibilo, Usen , Afenmai people to mention a few are bearing Yoruba names till today.

That should tell your Benin head that Yoruba is part of history of Edo state. Aborigines of Edo state cannot dispute claims and accounts of Yoruba in Edo state as a whole
Re: Yorubas Too Dey Lie, The History Of Ogiame And The Oba Rift by Mraphel: 7:12am On Dec 04, 2023
Ugbowo and Uselu are in Benin and was founded by the Yorubas from Owo in Ondo state

Ugbowo was farming areas for owo people in ancient times

Ugbo (Bush or farm of Owo people)

Go to Owo today you will see Iselu in Owo. It was the Uselu that was replicated in Benin by the Yorubas that migrated their now living as Benin people.

Benin people you don't know you history or you're too illiterate to put your records straight.
Re: Yorubas Too Dey Lie, The History Of Ogiame And The Oba Rift by gregyboy(m): 10:13am On Dec 04, 2023
Mraphel:

Oranmiyan history was forged by the western region? What kinda lunatic thinking is that? Are you saying Oba of Benin history in Edo was forged?
Have been told u Benin people are Starck illiterate. Why have bronze casted of Oranmiyan in Benin of over 1500 years old.
Your Oba palace recognized Oranmiyan as the First Oba during the Coronation making him 40th Oba.
We have many streets named after Oranmiyan in Edo state.
Please think deeply before quoting a Yoruba man not just assume things.

Pic attached. Oranmiyan was the first to brought Eshin (horse) to Edo state. The bronze depicted Oranmiyan as an Oba here.

Eshin (horse)

Abebe

Ada

All these are Yoruba words from Ife and instruments brought by Oranmiyan during his warfare in Igodomigodo land.

Do you know who you're talking to you're vividly aware when we trash this horse and the artefact entirely when tao presented it

So why are you still bring it up

By the way this is a 16century artwork and can't be your imaginary oromiyan in Benin
Benin create their artwork immediately an event took place and not many years after, when the people who experienced it may have died, this is an igala warrior as we know in history benin and igala went to war in the 16century with Benin coming out victorious and horses were taken as spoils of war, so benin trading relationship with igala brought horses to Benin even before the idah war

That hair dress could also be a benin soldier on the horse

First pics below

Second pics below shows this horse men you tagg oromiyan are nupe warriors that Benins depicted after their wars with them which match the date of the artworks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yoruba Festival 2007: London / Wat Is Oriki ? / Mixed Culture Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.