Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,494 members, 7,823,156 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Mixed Culture Relationship - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Mixed Culture Relationship (1139 Views)

A Thread For Mixed Heritage Nigerians / Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People / Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mixed Culture Relationship by Julie1310: 4:09pm On Dec 01, 2011
I met my boyfriend a few month ago.
He is Nigirian (Igbo) and i am German. We just moved in together to get to know each other better and i found out that its kind of difficult with our different understandigs about relationship, being close to each other, raising children, family issues.

Any advice from your side how i can make this relationship work better? What are the expectations of Nigirian men in their woman? Whats important for them? What is a Nigirian family about?
Re: Mixed Culture Relationship by Nobody: 7:09am On Dec 03, 2011
Just do your best to care love. Try to understand his culture and show lots of interest. Look for threads on German women married to Igbo men here. I'm sure there are a couple.
Re: Mixed Culture Relationship by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:58pm On Dec 03, 2011
go away woman. we are tribals. we do not encourage such interracial relationships. stop trying to destroy our culture and make us mongrels like what you did with them african americans. We are a proud people and we wont let you mixed wite peoples to bespoil us just as you destroyed our religions and stole our resources.

if you want advice, go ask somewere else. angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Mixed Culture Relationship by Julie1310: 10:07pm On Dec 03, 2011
Seems like someone is afraid about new ways of living!

You know what, keep ur mouth shut, get married to a nice woman from ur tribe and let my boyfriend and me do what we wanna do,

there is more than enough room in a relationship to keep traditions alive from both countries, People like u are the reason while the world is as worse as it is with all those religiouse and culture wars. Better u get it straight soon that u can be open minded, learn new things every day without missing ur culture at all.

I really thought this website is a nice idea and a good way to learn more about Nigiria and meet new ppl but seems like i was wrong.

1 Like

Re: Mixed Culture Relationship by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:57pm On Dec 03, 2011
haha me keep my mouth shut in the very forum of my country cheesy cheesy

listen here woman. the way we think is completely different from the way you white mongrels think. so STOP trying to impose your dirty culture and ethnic-destroying ideology upon us. who are you to talk about tribal wars, eh you whose people took hoardes of slaves from our land and carted them of to some plantation, the gods know where?

do you know what tribal wars were fought on they were fought on land, cattle, etc. the wars you see going on today in our Africa is all political and religious. do you think Haussa peoples kill Igbo and vice versa, due to tribal difference NO IT IS BECAUSE OF THE DIRTY OYINBO RELIGION YOU THRASHED UPON US. YOU, who brought christianity AND THE ARAB MEN who corrupted our Fulani brothers with islam.

go to Rwanda and you will find Hutu and Tutsi fighting against each other. EVERYONE SAYS ITS TRIBAL WAR! THE SAVAGES! THE TRIBALISTS! THE BLACK PAGANS!

OH SHUT IT! ENOUGH OF YOUR NONSENSE! Before the colonizer came, Rwanda was united under the banner of Banyarawanda. and then you white men came and started inciting them, leading to the separation into Hutu,Tutsi and Twa. Your divide and rule policy and your betrayel of the Tutsi resulted in full-scale massacre of the once, peaceful and united Rwandans.

WHO ARE YOU TO TALK ABOUT OUR TRADITIONS YOU, WHO LOST ALL YOUR TRADITIONS AND TRIBES, A 1000 yrs back, and we all know what your open-minded means. It means, roaming around in nudity, making dirty movies, being vulgar, doing dirty crimes, divorce, ra.pe, etc. YES! this is your open mindedness.

[size=16pt]TO MY NIGERIAN BROTHERS[/size]: [size=16pt]DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THESE OYINBOS. THEY ARE TRYING TO STRAY US IN THE WRONG PATH AS THEY HAVE DONE ALL THESE YEARS.
I AM NOT AGAINST DEVELOPMENT, PROGRESS, EDUCATION, WOMENS RIGHTS, GOOD HEALTHCARE, TECHNOLOGY, etc. BUT. when these white men try to tamper with our culture, our ideology, our morals, our virtues. IT IS THEN THAT THEY HAVE CROSSED THEIR LIMITS AND WHEN WE MUST RETALIATE.[/size]

@julie, its good that now you got your nice idea about our people. you can do as you like with that boyfriend of yours. But, try and corrupt our people by posting these useless threads and we will see about it. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Mixed Culture Relationship by Relax101(m): 6:54am On Dec 04, 2011
^^^^^ what's your problem?
Is it by force to marry from your place?
I am very sure there's a lot of inter tribal marriages in the north.
I know hausa and fulani marry but they are a different ethnic group.
Chillax mumu.

1 Like

Re: Mixed Culture Relationship by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:11pm On Dec 04, 2011
that is recent. such practice must be stopped.

(1) (Reply)

A MUST READ -do You Remember Any Of This? / Igbo Traditional Marriage: Everything You Need To Know / Sacrilege: Aged Prostitutes Besiege Edo Shrines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.