Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,050 members, 7,821,616 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Does Forgiveness Of Sin Come After Death? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Forgiveness Of Sin Come After Death? (466 Views)

If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? / Difference Between Praying For Forgiveness Of Sin And Repentance / The Mystery Surrounding Creation And Life After Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Forgiveness Of Sin Come After Death? by tctrills: 9:30am On Dec 02, 2023
In Matthew 12, speaking about blasphemy against the Holy Ghost, Jesus Christ said in verse 32, 'And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.'

Does this mean that sins are also forgiven in the world to come? Does the world to come mean a life after death?
Who can receive forgiveness is the world to come?
What kind of sins are forgiven in the world to come?
Re: Does Forgiveness Of Sin Come After Death? by 1TrippleCee: 9:34am On Dec 02, 2023
Never
Re: Does Forgiveness Of Sin Come After Death? by tctrills: 9:36am On Dec 02, 2023
1TrippleCee:
Never
So when Jesus Christ says blasphemy against the Holy Ghost can't be forgiven in this world non in the world to come, does it mean that all sins too can't be forgiven in the world to come?
Re: Does Forgiveness Of Sin Come After Death? by finallybusy: 9:36am On Dec 02, 2023
No. I’m typing this from hell.
Re: Does Forgiveness Of Sin Come After Death? by tctrills: 9:38am On Dec 02, 2023
finallybusy:
Congrats to you?
Re: Does Forgiveness Of Sin Come After Death? by 1TrippleCee: 9:39am On Dec 02, 2023
tctrills:

So when Jesus Christ says blasphemy against the Holy Ghost can't be forgiven in this world non in the world to come, does it mean that all sins too can't be forgiven in the world to come?

No sins will be forgiven after death. Not even one. If w single sin is found after death during evaluation by the angels in the hall of life review/judgement, it is straight into hell fire. Such a soul will be cast into
Re: Does Forgiveness Of Sin Come After Death? by tctrills: 9:44am On Dec 02, 2023
1TrippleCee:

No sins will be forgiven after death. Not even one. If w single sin is found after death during evaluation by the angels in the hall of life review/judgement, it is straight into hell fire. Such a soul will be cast into
Is this your personal opinion or can you quote from scripture?
Re: Does Forgiveness Of Sin Come After Death? by Righthussle: 9:50am On Dec 02, 2023
tctrills:
In Matthew 12, speaking about blasphemy against the Holy Ghost, Jesus Christ said in verse 32, 'And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.'

Does this mean that sins are also forgiven in the world to come? Does the world to come mean a life after death?
Who can receive forgiveness is the world to come?
What kind of sins are forgiven in the world to come?

Let me tell you what will happen when you death. After you die, you will be buried and your body will decompose but when angel Gabriel will blow the golden trumpet you'll magically resurrect like a zombie and go for judgement. Your god will hold a 100 billion leaves book where names of people are written according to their country in alphabetical order. And you will be judged according to your deeds while alive. A very large LG television will be placed in front of you to see all your sinful actions. Don't ask how the LG will be powered, the sun will power it. And your god after watching all your sinful acts of this world will ask you in English language, Why did you commit all these sins? And he will ask for your tithe and offering records submitted to him by your daddy GOs to check how much you have given to the kingdom. Then your god will forgive all your sins except for the ones you committed against the holy ghost that has fire that Christians use to fire their enemies.

Then in the world to come that your god will create, there will be another Adam and Eve that will eat the forbidden fruit that your god will put in the garden again for there to be sin in that new world. Your loving god will wait patiently for them to eat the forbidden fruit so that he will curse the women of that world of labour pain during childbirth and curse the men to labour before they eat and he will make the sin of Adam and Eve be on all the people in thatworld. And then your loving god who did not forgive Adam and Eve for falling into the trap that he set for them will send his son to go and die again for the sins of that world and teach the people about forgiveness. And he will make it clear that his death will not cover for the sins committed against the holy spirit.

And when people..... to be continued

Make I give una story since una dey like am

1 Like

Re: Does Forgiveness Of Sin Come After Death? by 1TrippleCee: 9:50am On Dec 02, 2023
tctrills:

Is this your personal opinion or can you quote from scripture?

Revelation 21:27: “But nothing unclean shall enter it…” The New Jerusalem – Heaven. Scriptural Principle #2 – nothing unclean, nothing with the stain of sin, will enter Heaven.

Matthew 5:48: “You, therefore, must be perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect.” That’s because of Principle #2 – nothing unclean will get into Heaven.

Hebrews 12:22-23: “But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem… and to a judge who is God of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect…”

The spirits of just men, made perfect. Scriptural Principle #3 – there is a way, a process, through which the spirits of the “just” are “made perfect.”

1 Corinthians 3:13-15: “…each man’s work will become manifest; for the Day [judgment day] will disclose it, because it will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done. If the work which any man has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. If any man’s work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.”

Where is this place that a man, after he dies, suffers loss, as through fire, but is still saved. Hell? No, once you’re in Hell, you don’t get out. Heaven? No, you don’t suffer loss in Heaven.

Matthew 12:32: “And whoever says a word against the Son of man will be forgiven; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.”
Re: Does Forgiveness Of Sin Come After Death? by tctrills: 10:17am On Dec 02, 2023
1TrippleCee:

Revelation 21:27: “But nothing unclean shall enter it…” The New Jerusalem – Heaven. Scriptural Principle #2 – nothing unclean, nothing with the stain of sin, will enter Heaven.

Matthew 5:48: “You, therefore, must be perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect.” That’s because of Principle #2 – nothing unclean will get into Heaven.

Hebrews 12:22-23: “But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem… and to a judge who is God of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect…”

The spirits of just men, made perfect. Scriptural Principle #3 – there is a way, a process, through which the spirits of the “just” are “made perfect.”

1 Corinthians 3:13-15: “…each man’s work will become manifest; for the Day [judgment day] will disclose it, because it will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done. If the work which any man has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. If any man’s work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.”

Where is this place that a man, after he dies, suffers loss, as through fire, but is still saved. Hell? No, once you’re in Hell, you don’t get out. Heaven? No, you don’t suffer loss in Heaven.

Matthew 12:32: “And whoever says a word against the Son of man will be forgiven; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.”
Sir, none of the verses you qouted say that forgiveness cannot come in the world to come.
For example, you quoted Matthew 5:48: “You, therefore, must be perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect.” That’s because of Principle #2 – nothing unclean will get into Heaven.
We both agree that no unclean thing can dwell with God but if you are forgiven, it means you are no longer unclean.
Please can you provide just a single verse that teaches that there is no forgiveness in the world to come?
If not, I would take this as a personal opinion.
Re: Does Forgiveness Of Sin Come After Death? by tctrills: 10:18am On Dec 02, 2023
Righthussle:

Let me tell you what will happen when you death. After you die, you will be buried and your body will decompose but when angel Gabriel will blow the golden trumpet you'll magically resurrect like a zombie and go for judgement. Your god will hold a 100 billion leaves book where names of people are written according to their country in alphabetical order. And you will be judged according to your deeds while alive. A very large LG television will be placed in front of you to see all your sinful actions. Don't ask how the LG will be powered, the sun will power it. And your god after watching all your sinful acts of this world will ask you in English language, Why did you commit all these sins? And he will ask for your tithe and offering records submitted to him by your daddy GOs to check how much you have given to the kingdom. Then your god will forgive all your sins except for the ones you committed against the holy ghost that has fire that Christians use to fire their enemies.

Then in the world to come that your god will create, there will be another Adam and Eve that will eat the forbidden fruit that your god will put in the garden again for there to be sin in that new world. He will wait patiently for them to eat the forbidden fruit so that he will curse the women of that world of labour pain during childbirth. And then he will send his son to die again for the sins of that world but his death will not cover for the sins committed against the holy spirit.

And when people..... to be continued
I respect your opinion sir
Re: Does Forgiveness Of Sin Come After Death? by 1TrippleCee: 10:20am On Dec 02, 2023
tctrills:

Sir, none of the verses you qouted say that forgiveness cannot come in the world to come.
For example, you quoted Matthew 5:48: “You, therefore, must be perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect.” That’s because of Principle #2 – nothing unclean will get into Heaven.
We both agree that no unclean thing can dwell with God but if you are forgiven, it means you are no longer unclean.
Please can you provide just a single verse that teaches that there is no forgiveness in the world to come?
If not, I would take this as a personal opinion.

Chai. Hard heartedness
Re: Does Forgiveness Of Sin Come After Death? by tctrills: 1:03pm On Dec 02, 2023
1TrippleCee:

Chai. Hard heartedness
It's not about Hard or soft heart. I just asked you to mention one verse in the bible that says no forgiveness after death.
I understand you have your options but let's not depend on our opinions. Let's learn from what God says.
Also, if there is no forgiveness at death, then why is the Gospel preached to those that are dead according to the bible?
Re: Does Forgiveness Of Sin Come After Death? by tctrills: 7:13pm On Dec 02, 2023
1TrippleCee:

Chai. Hard heartedness
One more thing Mr Hard heartedness, how do you understand these verses from your Bible

By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.
Re: Does Forgiveness Of Sin Come After Death? by Lovemeharder(f): 7:34am On Dec 03, 2023
No.
Re: Does Forgiveness Of Sin Come After Death? by tctrills: 8:59am On Dec 04, 2023
Lovemeharder:
No.
How do you know
Re: Does Forgiveness Of Sin Come After Death? by tctrills: 8:38pm On Dec 04, 2023
Hebrew 12.23 Talks about the spirits of just men made perfect. How are they made perfect if their sins are not forgiven.
Forgiveness can come in this world and in the world to come.
Re: Does Forgiveness Of Sin Come After Death? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:26pm On Dec 04, 2023
Hebrews 9:27

And just as it is reserved for men to die once for all time, but after this to receive a judgment. NWT

Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment. NIV

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment. KJV

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Forgiveness Of Sin Come After Death? by MightySparrow: 12:46am On Dec 05, 2023
finallybusy:

Beautiful, hell lifer, tell more of your experience of hell so that like the the proverbial rich man, your families would not go there.

Oh good, it would be a good report.
Re: Does Forgiveness Of Sin Come After Death? by MightySparrow: 12:47am On Dec 05, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

And just as it is reserved for men to die once for all time, but after this to receive a judgment. NWT

grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Does Forgiveness Of Sin Come After Death? by finallybusy: 8:17am On Dec 05, 2023
MightySparrow:

Beautiful, hell lifer, tell more of your experience of hell so that like the the proverbial rich man, your families would not go there.

Oh good, it would be a good report.
The more, the merrier. The place is fun. Once every half year, we have social events with people from Heaven. They envy us and say they do nothing in their side but pray to God for eternity. They wish they could sin to join us in enjoyment. The only chance they had was when they were alive. They are destined to Heaven in the same way we are destined to hell. I don’t pity them, they lived boring lives when on earth. They should continue their boring lives in Heaven.
Re: Does Forgiveness Of Sin Come After Death? by tctrills: 12:47pm On Dec 05, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

grin grin grin grin grin

After death, there is judgement but that does not show that there is no forgiveness after death.
These are 2 different things. Judgement is not the opposite of forgiveness and in many cases, they go together.

The same bible talks about the spirits of just men made perfect. Did they become perfect in this world or in the 🌎, after? How did they become perfect if their imperfections are not forgiven?

Finally, we are told that blasphemy against the Holy Ghost can't be forgiven in this world nor in the world to come, doesn't that mean that some sins could be forgiven in the world to come?
Re: Does Forgiveness Of Sin Come After Death? by Zaheertyler(m): 5:08pm On Dec 05, 2023
Yes death of the spirit
Re: Does Forgiveness Of Sin Come After Death? by Zaheertyler(m): 5:13pm On Dec 05, 2023
The christian bible calls it a broken Spirit
But the spirit nature of man is kept hidden for a reason
666 rules the world not 333
666 is the one for materialism
333 is the one for the spirit
3+6=9 the totality
First you gain spiritual awakening
Then material gain
= A fulfilled life
369 is the key to the universe
Re: Does Forgiveness Of Sin Come After Death? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:49pm On Dec 05, 2023
tctrills:

After death, there is judgement but that does not show that there is no forgiveness after death.

Whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might, for there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave, where you are going. Ecclesiastes 9:10

Only repentance could earn forgiveness and repentance could only be done while you're still alive there is no work after death so there's no forgiveness since you can't work out repentance in death! wink

1 Like

Re: Does Forgiveness Of Sin Come After Death? by tctrills: 6:00pm On Dec 05, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might, for there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave, where you are going. Ecclesiastes 9:10

Only repentance could earn forgiveness and repentance could only be done while you're still alive there is no work after death so there's no forgiveness since you can't work out repentance in death! wink
Now here are the words of the Jesus Christ.
Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
So yes the word of Christ is still available to the dead
Re: Does Forgiveness Of Sin Come After Death? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:12pm On Dec 05, 2023
tctrills:

Now here are the words of the Jesus Christ.
Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
So yes the word of Christ is still available to the dead

Are you talking about resurrection?

Because Jesus will raise the RIGHTEOUS and the UNRIGHTEOUS! Act 24:15

But as for the WICKED Jesus won't resurrect them because they've chosen their path as evildoers who don't give a damn about God! Psalms 9:17

So there's no REPENTANCE for the WICKED it's only the servants of God: RIGHTEOUS
And those who chose to live by conscience even though they don't know the righteousness of God: UNRIGHTEOUS

That will be called back to life! smiley

1 Like

Re: Does Forgiveness Of Sin Come After Death? by bolabizzle(m): 6:21pm On Dec 05, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

So there's no REPENTANCE for the WICKED it's only the servants of God: RIGHTEOUS
And those who chose to live by conscience even though they don't know the righteousness of God: UNRIGHTEOUS

That will be called back to life! smiley

Including pedophiles in your organisation?

Re: Does Forgiveness Of Sin Come After Death? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:30pm On Dec 05, 2023
bolabizzle:

Wait o!
Are you about me or the music your own music career?
Ọmọ don't let my own case worry you because you've chosen your path and i've chosen mine! wink

1 Like

Re: Does Forgiveness Of Sin Come After Death? by bolabizzle(m): 6:34pm On Dec 05, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Ọmọ don't let my own case worry you

Why should I be worried about a brainwashed cult member? grin

I am Just dropping facts to warn others of your brainwashing, child molesting, pedophile protecting cult.

I know it's painful but just bear it.

Re: Does Forgiveness Of Sin Come After Death? by tctrills: 7:58pm On Dec 07, 2023
bolabizzle:

Oga I don't think we should turn every thread into pointing out the errors of the JW.
I know they try to impose their religion into every thread but we sometimes forget the purpose of the thread in our debates with them
Re: Does Forgiveness Of Sin Come After Death? by bolabizzle(m): 11:12am On Dec 16, 2023
tctrills:

Oga I don't think we should turn every thread into pointing out the errors of the JW.
I know they try to impose their religion into every thread but we sometimes forget the purpose of the thread in our debates with them

Eya, sorry for derailing your dead thread.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Facing Your Fears. / Buzugee-the Destruction Of The House Of Esau / God Is Good

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.