Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,165 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

2face Says Mi And Asa Are His Top Favourite Naija Artists: What Do U Think? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 2face Says Mi And Asa Are His Top Favourite Naija Artists: What Do U Think? (839 Views)

Seyi Shay And Asa Pose At A Wedding / Don Jazzy,Korede Bello And Asa Spotted At Mavin Record Headquarters(Photo) / NDA Comes For Rapper MI And Charass For Wearing Camo (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2face Says Mi And Asa Are His Top Favourite Naija Artists: What Do U Think? by naijarazzi: 6:18pm On Oct 30, 2011
2face, who has enjoyed great presence in the Nigerian music scene for long and whose style has influenced many within the nigerian hiphop circle shares his thoughts on who his favorite artists are.  Surprisingly, he didn’t list himself.

"When it comes to Nigerian music of today,I am just going to call two names, because I don’t want to involve myself in controversy. If I start reeling names, I would offend a lot of people who would expect me to name them as among my favourites. But I am just going to call two names. Asha and MI.

MI is amazing. He is deep,intellectually talented. He is got it all. I first met MI at one show and I said Wow! Who is this guy? And that was it. He is going to
go really far. It is not for me to discuss the originality of his rap. These days, when you start talking about originality, you can’t really lay claim to any original thing. Everything has already been done. But what I can say is that he is talented. He knows his onions. He’s intelligent.

Same with Asa. She is not forcing it. She does it effortlessly. And then she has depth. She doesn’t just want to sell S*x. Most of the females artistes these days, they just want to sell s*x. The first time I
heard her sing,I was amazed. I shouted: Who is this? The song I first heard was Eiye adaba. I was blown away. Then I heard Jailer. I am talking to you Jailer… I said.” Wow,who is

http://www.jimmysonde.com/2011/10/2face-names-mi-asa-as-his-favourite.html?m=1
Re: 2face Says Mi And Asa Are His Top Favourite Naija Artists: What Do U Think? by ibrobell(m): 8:37pm On Oct 30, 2011
i agree with him love those guys too
Re: 2face Says Mi And Asa Are His Top Favourite Naija Artists: What Do U Think? by Relax101(m): 3:33am On Oct 31, 2011
That's his opinion. I got my best artist.

(1) (Reply)

Britney Spears’ 3-carat Engagement Ring Fit For A Princess / Tosinger / Referee Called Mikel Obi A Monkey: Chelsea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.