Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,498 members, 7,830,505 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Abia: Appeal Court Affirms Lp's Otti As Governor,dismisses APC, Pdp's Petitions - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia: Appeal Court Affirms Lp's Otti As Governor,dismisses APC, Pdp's Petitions (6795 Views)

Kaduna: Tribunal Affirms LP House Of Reps Member’s Victory / Tribunal Affirms Obaseki As Governor, Dismisses ADP, 2 Other Petitions / Tribunal Upholds Yahaya Bello's Victory As Kogi Governor, Dismisses Natasha, SDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abia: Appeal Court Affirms Lp's Otti As Governor,dismisses APC, Pdp's Petitions by garfield1: 7:57pm On Dec 02, 2023
fergie001:

That was why I told you before that Kano is easier.
The Plateau own is there is no means of escape, the Judges blocked everywhere that could even make the PDP breathe.

No,the judges didn't block anything except with their analysis,reasoning and conclusion.but pdp made it easier for them by their internal squabbles and disobedience of a court order.your position before now was that the appeal court squashed the phc ruling and a new congress was conducted.but the findings of the appeal court clearly showed the phc ruling was upheld by the appeal court and the apex court dismissed it for lack of prosecution thereby upholding the ruling.the congress pdp did only took part in just 5 lgas and the court declared that they can't fill any candidate as of oct 2022.therefore,the appeal judgment remains and the apex court will stand by it.
Even though such things are pre election and internal but there is a valid judgment disq pdp from sponsoring any candidate and the court will not tolerate any disobedience of it's orders esp from politicians.this will give them an opportunity to teach politicians another lesson...

Kano looks easier because section 63 is ambiguous,the court can easily say that only party members have locus for 177 c and that only a party can say who its members are or that it is pre election.again, olanipekun findings that only 2000 ballot papers were not properly marked is essential.so I'll agree with you that plateau is gone.

Take a look at delta state,it seems agege has a good case.about 36,000 votes credited to pdp was said to be affected by overvoting and about 100,000 votes were caught by section 73 (2).
Re: Abia: Appeal Court Affirms Lp's Otti As Governor,dismisses APC, Pdp's Petitions by Reelz: 8:06pm On Dec 02, 2023
Congrats!!
Re: Abia: Appeal Court Affirms Lp's Otti As Governor,dismisses APC, Pdp's Petitions by paramakina202: 8:42pm On Dec 02, 2023
seanfer:

The conduct of election in Abia is different from what happened in Imo.

They are wasting their time and money.
Re: Abia: Appeal Court Affirms Lp's Otti As Governor,dismisses APC, Pdp's Petitions by fergie001: 8:57pm On Dec 02, 2023
garfield1:
No,the judges didn't block anything except with their analysis,reasoning and conclusion.but pdp made it easier for them by their internal squabbles and disobedience of a court order.your position before now was that the appeal court squashed the phc ruling and a new congress was conducted.but the findings of the appeal court clearly showed the phc ruling was upheld by the appeal court and the apex court dismissed it for lack of prosecution thereby upholding the ruling.the congress pdp did only took part in just 5 lgas and the court declared that they can't fill any candidate as of oct 2022.therefore,the appeal judgment remains and the apex court will stand by it.

Even though such things are pre election and internal but there is a valid judgment disq pdp from sponsoring any candidate and the court will not tolerate any disobedience of it's orders esp from politicians.this will give them an opportunity to teach politicians another lesson.
When you intend to appeal a judgement, you try to pick a seeming opening or weakness from the judgement below. In this Plateau, it is difficult to find one because almost every page references the disobedience to Court order, that is what I meant by them blocking everywhere.

In Feb this year, the Appeal Court declined jurisdiction in a suit brought by a PDP member and again why will another Party be challenging an adversary in Court on the conduct of her own Congress? It is still strange for me. That's why I gave you an example of Borno just 2 months ago also delivered by the same Court.

Moreover, who conducts Primary election, it is the NWC not the State EXCO. So what's the business with a Court order to conduct a valid Congress to fill in members of the State EXCOs, that is even between Bitrus Kaze & Chris Hassan?

I know the SC will use this avenue to teach politicians a lesson or two but it will open the floodgates of other Parties prying into affairs of Congresses or Conferences held by other Parties. These things should be foreclosed in its entirety.
Kano looks easier because section 63 is ambiguous,the court can easily say that only party members have locus for 177 c and that only a party can say who its members are or that it is pre election. Again, olanipekun findings that only 2000 ballot papers were not properly marked is essential.so I'll agree with you that plateau is gone.
My point exactly.
Take a look at delta state,it seems agege has a good case.about 36,000 votes credited to pdp was said to be affected by overvoting and about 100,000 votes were caught by section 73 (2).
Well, those ones are not cases to me.
Kano, Plateau, Nasarawa, Kaduna are the class this term.

1 Like

Re: Abia: Appeal Court Affirms Lp's Otti As Governor,dismisses APC, Pdp's Petitions by profbrightuzoma: 9:21pm On Dec 02, 2023
Just as in class there are some people that are outstanding and is clear he won.. tinubu didn't play any role here if ahiwe was smart like tinubu he would had rigged his way out but he couldn't and there is no way PDP or APC can do is late already..unlike imo State where uzodimma played his game well by getting already voted papers...
adamusuleiman1:
The judiciary is working 100% as it should.

Kudos to the Nigerian Judiciary and Kudos to President Tinubu for ensuring the judicial arm of government is independent of the Executive and Legislature.
Re: Abia: Appeal Court Affirms Lp's Otti As Governor,dismisses APC, Pdp's Petitions by garfield1: 9:44pm On Dec 02, 2023
fergie001:

When you intend to appeal a judgement, you try to pick a seeming opening or weakness from the judgement below. In this Plateau, it is difficult to find one because almost every page references the disobedience to Court order, that is what I meant by them blocking everywhere.

In Feb this year, the Appeal Court declined jurisdiction in a suit brought by a PDP member and again why will another Party be challenging an adversary in Court on the conduct of her own Congress? It is still strange for me. That's why I gave you an example of Borno just 2 months ago also delivered by the same Court.

Moreover, who conducts Primary election, it is the NWC not the State EXCO. So what's the business with a Court order to conduct a valid Congress to fill in members of the State EXCOs, that is even between Bitrus Kaze & Chris Hassan?

I know the SC will use this avenue to teach politicians a lesson or two but it will open the floodgates of other Parties prying into affairs of Congresses or Conferences held by other Parties. These things should be foreclosed in its entirety.

My point exactly.

Well, those ones are not cases to me.
Kano, Plateau, Nasarawa, Kaduna are the class this term.

You still misunderstood the issues here.apc is not challenging or prying into the affairs of pdp but simply saying that by virtue of a subsisting court order,pdp cannot sponsor or field any candidate.the judgment was in rem and binding on all,the judgment opened a window for apc to pry into the affairs of pdp.once a court gives an order,it is no longer an inhouse issue.apc cannot normally challenge pdp congress but the court order has given them the locus.
It is similar to what happened in zamfara where though party matters are non justiciable,the court got involved.the apex court could have said since it is an internal matter,apc should redo their primaries and present a new gov preventing an outsider from benefitting.
The nwc conducts primaries but delegates who vote emerge from those congress.therefore plateau pdp cannot produce delegates or the structure to produce candidates in plateau afterall the nwc doesn't act in isolation.plateau pdp cannot sponsor any candidate until they obey the judgment of the PHC affirmed by the appeal
Courts or non party members cannot get enmeshed in that of other parties except in exceptional circumstances and this qualifies as such.disobeying a court order no matter how perverse is an attack on the judiciary.

Kano own is more harder since apc is directly inquiring into the membership and sponsorship of nnpp although on the merit of the case,Abba should be disq.but the statistician report of Dr Idris harbu was tight,even nnpp conceded to it.wole cannot now challenge that report with mere rhetorics.
The plateau judgment is watertight like that of NAssarawa.in mlnasarawa,we had few loopholes but I can't find any here except the status and influence of the pdp lawyers in agabi and dodo.

Kaduna has never been tight once pdp made those two premature errors.ogun is even tighter.none of us saw Kano as a strong case until the tribunal ruled.you never feared plateau,I was even looking at the overvoting side,I never knew the ruling was so fatal.so,don't rule out delta and even taraba.anyrhing can happen at apex.

I heard njc has forwarded the 11 on the priority to tinubu.joseph missed
Re: Abia: Appeal Court Affirms Lp's Otti As Governor,dismisses APC, Pdp's Petitions by Apel147(m): 9:50pm On Dec 02, 2023
APC controlled judiciary! Mtsweeeeeen 😜😜😜
Re: Abia: Appeal Court Affirms Lp's Otti As Governor,dismisses APC, Pdp's Petitions by 917modupeore: 10:17pm On Dec 02, 2023
The judiciary is working 100% as it should. Kudos to the Nigerian Judiciary and Kudos to President Tinubu for ensuring the judicial arm of government is independent of the Executive and Legislature.The judiciary is working 100% as it should. Kudos to the Nigerian Judiciary and Kudos to President Tinubu for ensuring the judicial arm of government is independent of the Executive and Legislature....
Re: Abia: Appeal Court Affirms Lp's Otti As Governor,dismisses APC, Pdp's Petitions by fergie001: 11:09pm On Dec 02, 2023
garfield1:
You still misunderstood the issues here.apc is not challenging or prying into the affairs of pdp but simply saying that by virtue of a subsisting court order,pdp cannot sponsor or field any candidate.the judgment was in rem and binding on all,the judgment opened a window for apc to pry into the affairs of pdp.once a court gives an order,it is no longer an inhouse issue.apc cannot normally challenge pdp congress but the court order has given them the locus.
Fine, an Appeal Court order but on this same premise, the defiance of a Supreme Court order by the PDP in Borno was jettisoned by this same Appeal Court on the launchpad that it is pre-election. I strongly agree with the clear punishments to the disobedience to Court order, so it now means that once there is any disobedience especially as it concerns party matters, any body can file and it shall be granted.

It is similar to what happened in zamfara where though party matters are non justiciable,the court got involved.the apex court could have said since it is an internal matter,apc should redo their primaries and present a new gov preventing an outsider from benefitting.
Like I have said, Zamfara is a different kettle of fish.

The Zamfara case was filed by an aspirant, who can under Section 84 of the Electoral Act 2010. Senator Marafa did that and the PDP was not even a Party to the suit.

So, it is not similar. It s clear from our Electoral Act both old and new, that an aspirant can challenge the conduct of the Primary.

The nwc conducts Primaries but delegates who vote emerge from those congress. Therefore plateau pdp cannot produce delegates or the structure to produce candidates in plateau afterall the nwc doesn't act in isolation.plateau pdp cannot sponsor any candidate until they obey the judgment of the PHC affirmed by the appeal.

Courts or non party members cannot get enmeshed in that of other parties except in exceptional circumstances and this qualifies as such.disobeying a court order no matter how perverse is an attack on the judiciary.
One thing I see clearly is the disobedience to Court Order... The chance of the Appeal allowed is less than slim or nonexistent in my opinion. If you ask me, he will be sacked but I still say asides been pre-election issues, I do not think any other Party has the locus.

Kano own is more harder since apc is directly inquiring into the membership and sponsorship of nnpp although on the merit of the case,Abba should be disq.but the statistician report of Dr Idris harbu was tight,even nnpp conceded to it.wole cannot now challenge that report with mere rhetorics.
Membership & Sponsorship is clearly what it is... Pre-election.

The plateau judgment is watertight like that of NAssarawa.in mlnasarawa,we had few loopholes but I can't find any here except the status and influence of the pdp lawyers in agabi and dodo.
The lawyers are the reasons I kept Nasarawa open. Ordinarily, it is as dead as dodo.

Kaduna has never been tight once pdp made those two premature errors.ogun is even tighter.none of us saw Kano as a strong case until the tribunal ruled.you never feared plateau,I was even looking at the overvoting side,I never knew the ruling was so fatal.so,don't rule out delta and even taraba.anyrhing can happen at apex.
The only case on the burner is Kano & Nasarawa.
Others in my opinion, has been settled.

I heard njc has forwarded the 11 on the priority to tinubu.joseph missed
No need to waste time, the workload is much.
Re: Abia: Appeal Court Affirms Lp's Otti As Governor,dismisses APC, Pdp's Petitions by garfield1: 11:44pm On Dec 02, 2023
fergie001:

Fine, an Appeal Court order but on this same premise, the defiance of a Supreme Court order by the PDP in Borno was jettisoned by this same Appeal Court on the launchpad that it is pre-election. I strongly agree with the clear punishments to the disobedience to Court order, so it now means that once there is any disobedience especially as it concerns party matters, any body can file and it shall be granted.

The Zamfara case was filed by an aspirant, who can under Section 84 of the Electoral Act 2010. Senator Marafa did that and the PDP was not even a Party to the suit.

So, it is not similar. It s clear from our Electoral Act both old and new, that an aspirant can challenge the conduct of the Primary.

One thing I see clearly is the disobedience to Court Order... The chance of the Appeal allowed is less than slim or nonexistent in my opinion. If you ask me, he will be sacked but I still say asides been pre-election issues, I do not think any other Party has the locus.

The lawyers are the reasons I kept Nasarawa open. Ordinarily, it is as dead as dodo.

The similarity in zamfara is that infighting in apc made apc to lose the state through the judiciary.plsteau is also about to slip from pdp via court disobedience to apc.if pdp wasn't fighting,the court will never make such an order.a divided house invites external enemies to penetrate...apc didn't interfere in pdp matters,they simply reminded the court about a court judgment against pdp.even the respondents totally conceded this fact.

A constitutional matter is both pre and post election.if subsection C is pre election,A,b and d are too.all of them have the same qualification force.if the drafters wanted it to be pre election,it will not be in the constitution.even if it is,the material fact on merit is that Abba isn't an nnpp member..surprisingly in Kano,the defence of wole looks unserious.
There's nothing agabi can do in nasarawa esp against wole that loves these kinds of cases besides the apex court clearly settled it.

I heard Chris Hassan has replaced mwadkom
Re: Abia: Appeal Court Affirms Lp's Otti As Governor,dismisses APC, Pdp's Petitions by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 3:13am On Dec 03, 2023
seunmsg:

Alex Otti forged his NYSC certificate but the court dismissed the matter because it was not proved beyond reasonable doubt and NYSC certificate is not a qualifying factor for a candidate contesting for governor. This was the same judgement the tribunal gave in the case of Governor Mbah of Enugu state vs the Labour Party candidate. Obidients descended on the tribunal judges and called them unprintable names while they saw nothing wrong in this judgement that gave victory to Alex Otti.

This goes to further expose the hypocrisy of Peter Obi and his senseless supporters. They don’t care about justice or the rule of law. They just want to use all means to grab power. Once they don’t get their way, they descend on the institution as a mob.

Your father forged the certificate for Alex otti abi? Or you think he is the cocaine lord that forges certificate
Re: Abia: Appeal Court Affirms Lp's Otti As Governor,dismisses APC, Pdp's Petitions by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 3:19am On Dec 03, 2023
fergie001:

Why do you keep explaining to Garfield that analysis every case in Apc favour? He always talks with sentiments and not facts.You are supposed to know him by now

1 Like

Re: Abia: Appeal Court Affirms Lp's Otti As Governor,dismisses APC, Pdp's Petitions by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 3:21am On Dec 03, 2023
garfield1:

The similarity in zamfara is that infighting in apc made apc to lose the state through the judiciary.plsteau is also about to slip from pdp via court disobedience to apc.if pdp wasn't fighting,the court will never make such an order.a divided house invites external enemies to penetrate...apc didn't interfere in pdp matters,they simply reminded the court about a court judgment against pdp.even the respondents totally conceded this fact.

A constitutional matter is both pre and post election.if subsection C is pre election,A,b and d are too.all of them have the same qualification force.if the drafters wanted it to be pre election,it will not be in the constitution.even if it is,the material fact on merit is that Abba isn't an nnpp member..surprisingly in Kano,the defence of wole looks unserious.
There's nothing agabi can do in nasarawa esp against wole that loves these kinds of cases besides the apex court clearly settled it.

Keep wishing the Judiciary snatches the people mandates for Apc.The supreme court has settled it,a party does not have the right to interfere in other parties squabbles.We all know the appeal court have been hijacked by Apc so not surprised with their judgements especially in Nassarawa.
Re: Abia: Appeal Court Affirms Lp's Otti As Governor,dismisses APC, Pdp's Petitions by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:37am On Dec 03, 2023
pharmaking:

Tinubu actually won the Feb 25th presidential election, so this your Chicago state forgery won't fly.

Oponu! Mumu! Afofungbemu!

Flat-headddd.Agba oponu.

Just like your name 'OKU' which means dead in my language.

Your brain is dead.

If Tinubu won, he wouldn't need to rig.
He even lost by greater margins in places he allegedly didn't win like Lagos.
We have video evidences of the impunity called Lagos general elections and the rest.
Inec server wouldn't have stopped working during the time of collations too
Re: Abia: Appeal Court Affirms Lp's Otti As Governor,dismisses APC, Pdp's Petitions by Zeebuy: 7:07am On Dec 03, 2023
adamusuleiman1:
The judiciary is working 100% as it should.

Kudos to the Nigerian Judiciary and Kudos to President Tinubu for ensuring the judicial arm of government is independent of the Executive and Legislature.

You sef how know say na bullshit you dey cap
Re: Abia: Appeal Court Affirms Lp's Otti As Governor,dismisses APC, Pdp's Petitions by Zeebuy: 7:09am On Dec 03, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:
no ibo man will be president
But na una dey cry pass.

What an irony
Re: Abia: Appeal Court Affirms Lp's Otti As Governor,dismisses APC, Pdp's Petitions by ssgentle: 7:40am On Dec 03, 2023
fergie001:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2023/12/appeal-court-affirms-ottis-election-as-abia-governor-pdp-calls-for-calm/amp/

Kano Governor judgement God exposed the judges that want to steal the people's mandates. The supreme court justices should learn and do the right thing to avoid embarrassing themselves .
Re: Abia: Appeal Court Affirms Lp's Otti As Governor,dismisses APC, Pdp's Petitions by fergie001: 3:57pm On Dec 03, 2023
garfield1:
This is true.

Jurisdiction is the lifeblood and existence of any case. They are like the gates to a house that when shut, there so no access to that house. No matter how finely delivered a judgement is, it becomes null and void if ilthe Court is seen not to have jurisdiction.

Irrespective what the Court says, does APC have the locus to pry into the membership and sponsorship of another Party?

NNPP did not dispute the fact they sponsored Abba, just like Labour Party didn't dispute the fact they sponsored Obi. It is the Party that determines her members. This case is even Pre-Primary, events that took place even before the Primary.

They formally announced publicly their resignation from the PDP on 27/03 and he went to his Gwarzo LGA to officially register for the NNPP. There is absolutely no jurisdiction.

The cases of Tarzoor v. Ortom,

Allow them to do their jobs. On your other thread on Omo-Agege, you referenced the superiority of documentary evidence in the case of Yohanna v. Ishaku as delivered by Nwosu-Iheme but in Nasarawa, you are jettisoning it for subpoenaed or no subpoenaed witnesses filing their statements on oath before time.

Our Courts need some re-orientation especially at the level of the Appellate Court. The same Court will give clearly varying interpretations on same subject matter.

I am not aware. Hassan used to be State Chairman and I don't know whether he is still there.
Re: Abia: Appeal Court Affirms Lp's Otti As Governor,dismisses APC, Pdp's Petitions by olorundipe9090: 5:08pm On Dec 03, 2023
Indiaraa

quote author=adamusuleiman1 post=127281319]The judiciary is working 100% as it should.

Kudos to the Nigerian Judiciary and Kudos to President Tinubu for ensuring the judicial arm of government is independent of the Executive and Legislature. [/quote]
Re: Abia: Appeal Court Affirms Lp's Otti As Governor,dismisses APC, Pdp's Petitions by machote: 1:26pm On Dec 27, 2023
Pennywise2:
Kano next
Hello Pennywise, my Amazon kdp account got terminated, please do you know how I can get it back?
Re: Abia: Appeal Court Affirms Lp's Otti As Governor,dismisses APC, Pdp's Petitions by Pennywise2: 3:21pm On Dec 28, 2023
machote:

Hello Pennywise, my Amazon kdp account got terminated, please do you know how I can get it back?
open a new one. U might not get it back.
Re: Abia: Appeal Court Affirms Lp's Otti As Governor,dismisses APC, Pdp's Petitions by machote: 2:38pm On Dec 31, 2023
Pennywise2:
open a new one. U might not get it back.
Pennywise2, they've reinstated my kdp account. I'm so happy right now.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Edo: Fresh Crisis As LP Aspirant, Imasuagbon Issues 7-Day Ultimatum / BREAKING News-there Is Vacancy In Edo State Government House-tony Anenih. / Igbos Are Criminals But Full List Of Nigeria Treasury Looters Will Shock You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.