Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,294 members, 7,818,992 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Edo: Fresh Crisis As LP Aspirant, Imasuagbon Issues 7-Day Ultimatum - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo: Fresh Crisis As LP Aspirant, Imasuagbon Issues 7-Day Ultimatum (6788 Views)

Primary: Obaseki To Be Elected Unopposed As Imasuagbon Steps Down / Kenneth Imasuagbon: I Won’t Step Down For Obaseki, Even In My Dreams / Fuel Scarcity Looms As NUPENG Issues 7-day Ultimatum.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo: Fresh Crisis As LP Aspirant, Imasuagbon Issues 7-Day Ultimatum by politicoNG: 9:47pm On Mar 04
Fresh trouble seems to be brewing in Edo State chapter of the Labour Party, as one of the governorship aspirants on the platform of the party, Kenneth Imasuangbon, who contested in last Friday primary, on Tuesday, demanded that the party leadership declare him winner of the primary election.

Recall that Olumide Akpata was declared winner of the primary election conducted by the Julius Abure faction of the LP, after he defeated Imasuagbon and four others on February 23.

However, the Lamidi Apapa faction had on February 22 written to the Independent National Electoral Commission that Anderson Asemota and Monday Mawah were the LP governorship candidate and running mate respectively in the state.

However in a fresh twist on Sunday, a United Kingdom-based legal practitioner, Hilton Idahosa, announced himself as the party’s third factional candidate, stating that the Apapa faction primary election of February 22 was postponed till February 24, which he won.

With Imasuangbon calling party leadership to recognise him as LP’s flagbearer, there appears to be more trouble for Edo LP.

Imasuangbon, popularly known as the ‘Rice Man,’ said the processes leading to the conduct of the ward congresses were corrupted by several irregularities, despite assurances from party leadership for a fair level playing field.

In a statement issued on Thursday in Benin, he gave a one-week ultimatum to LP leadership to reverse the decision on Akpata and declare him winner the primaries, or face legal action.

Condemning the processes of the LP primary, Imasuangbon said the All Progressives Congress and the Peoples Democratic Party were very strategic by picking their candidates from Edo Central senatorial district, noting that if LP was serious about winning the governorship election, it would have learnt from the other major parties.

He also said the processes were skewed by factional LP National Chairman, Julius Abure, and state chairman, Kelly Ogbaloi, to favour Akpata.

The statement reads, “I want to first of all use this opportunity to thank my well-wishers and staff of Pacesetters Schools for standing by me during my political sojourn. I also extend my thanks to Edo people and my supporters across the state.

“My interest in politics is to change the narratives of Edo and improve on the lives of the people. I want an Edo where jobs would be available, where food would be cheap, where our teeming unemployed youth will be meaningfully engaged, but the godfathers refused democracy to thrive in Edo.

“After 21 years in politics, I do not think it is proper or politically right for political parties to skew party primary to favour a particular candidate. I hope, one day, democracy will be allowed to thrive in Edo.

“Having worked hard in the last 21 years to impact on lives of suffering Edo people with my hard earned personal resources, it is unfortunate that anti-democratic forces would not allow the free will of the people to prevail. I am issuing a one-week ultimatum to LP leadership to reverse the recognition of Akpata as our party’s candidate. I should be declared winner.”

https://punchng.com/edo-gov-fresh-crisis-rocks-lp-as-imasuagbon-issues-seven-day-ultimatum/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: Fresh Crisis As LP Aspirant, Imasuagbon Issues 7-Day Ultimatum by Malroux: 10:02pm On Mar 04
APC working overtime to destabilize labour party.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo: Fresh Crisis As LP Aspirant, Imasuagbon Issues 7-Day Ultimatum by Dedeity: 10:04pm On Mar 04
Tinubu leave labour party alone

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo: Fresh Crisis As LP Aspirant, Imasuagbon Issues 7-Day Ultimatum by yarimo(m): 11:05pm On Mar 04
INEC should immediately black list labour party as a political party according to majority of Nigerians .

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo: Fresh Crisis As LP Aspirant, Imasuagbon Issues 7-Day Ultimatum by ideatoprince18(m): 7:20am On Mar 05
Ggg
Re: Edo: Fresh Crisis As LP Aspirant, Imasuagbon Issues 7-Day Ultimatum by fatherjesse(m): 7:20am On Mar 05
When did this shameless man even join the party,how on earth did he think he was going to win the primary election?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: Fresh Crisis As LP Aspirant, Imasuagbon Issues 7-Day Ultimatum by Yugoslavia247(m): 7:22am On Mar 05
fuckJones:
another long day for ipob handle mop party
yarimo:
INEC should immediately de register labour party as a political party according to majority of Nigerians .

See them

7 Likes

Re: Edo: Fresh Crisis As LP Aspirant, Imasuagbon Issues 7-Day Ultimatum by Chibuzoripob: 7:23am On Mar 05
cool

1 Like

Re: Edo: Fresh Crisis As LP Aspirant, Imasuagbon Issues 7-Day Ultimatum by bencarson007(m): 7:23am On Mar 05
Trouble
Re: Edo: Fresh Crisis As LP Aspirant, Imasuagbon Issues 7-Day Ultimatum by baronaaaire: 7:24am On Mar 05
It's time for Abure to go,he's done more harm than good to lp

As for this Ken Ima........ You're not ugly enough to win Edo Gov election

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: Fresh Crisis As LP Aspirant, Imasuagbon Issues 7-Day Ultimatum by Jayhome24: 7:33am On Mar 05
Who cares!!!
Re: Edo: Fresh Crisis As LP Aspirant, Imasuagbon Issues 7-Day Ultimatum by Splashme: 7:37am On Mar 05
Nonsense
Re: Edo: Fresh Crisis As LP Aspirant, Imasuagbon Issues 7-Day Ultimatum by TalkTalkTwins(m): 7:57am On Mar 05
Hmm
Re: Edo: Fresh Crisis As LP Aspirant, Imasuagbon Issues 7-Day Ultimatum by Macnnoli4(m): 8:09am On Mar 05
With the look of things, Edo guber election will just be another jamboree election for SANs and lawyers

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: Fresh Crisis As LP Aspirant, Imasuagbon Issues 7-Day Ultimatum by eninlafarms: 8:11am On Mar 05
Wahala Wahala.

Eninla Farms Nig Limited is actively receiving applications to fill the position of farm manager/supervisor.

Requirements

* Preferably Male
* Graduate of Agric related courses. Experience in good farming practices gives an edge.
* Knows how to ride a motorcycle.
* Resides within Oshogbo or Ede. Closer to Ido Osun is preferable but not necessary.
* Meticulous and can keep accurate records.
* Requires to work Monday to Saturday, 8am to 4pm.

To Apply:
Send application and CV to eninlafarmsnigerialtd@gmail.com
Re: Edo: Fresh Crisis As LP Aspirant, Imasuagbon Issues 7-Day Ultimatum by Emma513: 8:19am On Mar 05
They will leave the current economy suitation and attack peter obi with hunger. cool
Re: Edo: Fresh Crisis As LP Aspirant, Imasuagbon Issues 7-Day Ultimatum by Jevica: 8:34am On Mar 05
Gragra everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Edo: Fresh Crisis As LP Aspirant, Imasuagbon Issues 7-Day Ultimatum by Postinor: 8:46am On Mar 05
fatherjesse:
When did this shameless man even join the party,how on earth did he think he was going to win the primary election?
same way shameless peter obi joined lp and expected to win presidential election 🤣🤣🤣

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: Fresh Crisis As LP Aspirant, Imasuagbon Issues 7-Day Ultimatum by Tareq1105: 8:47am On Mar 05
Malroux:
APC working overtime to destabilize labour party.

Rice Man is not destined to be Gov just as Atiku is not destined to be president.
Re: Edo: Fresh Crisis As LP Aspirant, Imasuagbon Issues 7-Day Ultimatum by Cantonese: 9:02am On Mar 05
Hmm.

And yet some say Labour Party has nothing to offer. When the likes of Imasuagbon and Akpata fight for the ticket of LP, it shows truly that LP has a very great future in the politics of the federation.

1 Like

Re: Edo: Fresh Crisis As LP Aspirant, Imasuagbon Issues 7-Day Ultimatum by Cantonese: 9:07am On Mar 05
yarimo:
INEC should immediately de register labour party as a political party according to majority of Nigerians .

Mr. Very poor English.

How are you ever able to raise your agama lizard like head in the presence of reasonable people?

1 Like

Re: Edo: Fresh Crisis As LP Aspirant, Imasuagbon Issues 7-Day Ultimatum by Duru009(m): 9:11am On Mar 05
This FAILED politician
Re: Edo: Fresh Crisis As LP Aspirant, Imasuagbon Issues 7-Day Ultimatum by aswani(m): 9:24am On Mar 05
Cantonese:
Hmm.

And yet some say Labour Party has nothing to offer. When the likes of Imasuagbon and Akpata fight for the ticket of LP, it shows truly that LP has a very great future in the politics of the federation.

LP have nothing to offer, these candidates at just looking to collapse their structure for monetary gains and commissioner positions further down the line. Cash out time.

I knew it was too good to be true that LP had smooth primaries especially with Abure at the helm still.

2 Likes

Re: Edo: Fresh Crisis As LP Aspirant, Imasuagbon Issues 7-Day Ultimatum by Bennycollins: 9:53am On Mar 05
aswani:

LP have nothing to offer, these candidates at just looking to collapse their structure for monetary gains and commissioner positions further down the line. Cash out time.

I knew it was too good to be true that LP had smooth primaries especially with Abure at the helm still.
Listen to yourself, if LP has nothing to offer, why would anyone chose it even with a plan to later collapse their structures? You are saying the party has structures to be collapsed or sold at least.

1 Like

Re: Edo: Fresh Crisis As LP Aspirant, Imasuagbon Issues 7-Day Ultimatum by Patojargz: 10:33am On Mar 05
yarimo:
INEC should immediately black list labour party as a political party according to majority of Nigerians .

Blacklist u say Then wetin make e happen to Apc

1 Like

Re: Edo: Fresh Crisis As LP Aspirant, Imasuagbon Issues 7-Day Ultimatum by Indispensable85(m): 10:45am On Mar 05
Rice man don suffer sha ooo 🤣🤣
He just can't get a ticket from any major party in Edo State for his guber ambition over the years.
Re: Edo: Fresh Crisis As LP Aspirant, Imasuagbon Issues 7-Day Ultimatum by Cantonese: 1:23pm On Mar 05
aswani:

LP has nothing to offer, yet you see politicians battling themselves, paying huge sums just like you find in PDP and APC, to get their ticket.

Nothing to offer, yet you contradict yourself by talking about their structure?

Today they have no structure, tomorrow they have a structure to collapse. Na wah!

Why are those ones too not struggling to secure NNPP, APGA and YPP tickets, if I may ask? Or are they not parties with seats in the national and state assemblies?
Re: Edo: Fresh Crisis As LP Aspirant, Imasuagbon Issues 7-Day Ultimatum by Ceenelly(m): 1:31pm On Mar 05
Imasuagbon should have being the best candidate LP should have presented to balance the Esan equation

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu Calls For Sovereign National Conference / Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory / Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.