Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,439 members, 7,815,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? (63344 Views)

See The Chicken I Bought 6k Today / Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) / See The Chicken I Bought For 8k (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by Tjra: 6:55pm On Dec 03, 2023
Balablue64:

Hello dear, seems you are new on nairaland
Na man ooo

1 Like

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by babaRUNtinz(m): 6:55pm On Dec 03, 2023
Na zoom you zoom am?
Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by ObabiOlorunosi(m): 6:56pm On Dec 03, 2023
[quote author=SharingIsLife post=127295007]If it's actually chicken, it's a wonderful deal. It's so cheap I suspect vulture grin Don't mind me oh! Meanwhile, what kind of dirty place is this that you placed it

grin grin grin
Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by justuschi50: 6:57pm On Dec 03, 2023
Birniwa:
This type of chicken goes for 3k to 3.5k maximum here in the north. Are you guys living in another part of Africa not Nigeria?
no, from the poultry it is 3k. The retail price is 5k to 6k

2 Likes

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by Fatbam005: 6:57pm On Dec 03, 2023
Sure say na you get am

1 Like

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by DangoteIvy: 6:59pm On Dec 03, 2023
Acidosis:
Put on a weighing scale. Anything below 2.5-3kg is a total waste of money.
cool
Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by Ikpunnegi01: 6:59pm On Dec 03, 2023
SharingIsLife:
If it's actually chicken, it's a wonderful deal. It's so cheap I suspect[b] vulture grin [/b]Don't mind me oh! Meanwhile, what kind of dirty place is this that you placed it on?
where you see Vulture again, they don harvest all finished by a certain nairalander for bbgrill. ..

1 Like

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by Acidosis(m): 7:02pm On Dec 03, 2023
skultrick:

Exactly what I told the guy, he asked to choose and it wasn't easy making a choice. With a scale, it's straightforward and easy.

Very easy

1 Like

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by DangoteIvy: 7:03pm On Dec 03, 2023
Nazgul:
You can't buy a full chicken for N6,500. Unless it died and the owner wanted to sell it off urgently.

The presence of the head, leg and liver shows that it was either slaughtered or it recently just died cos frozen chickens don't come with heads, feet or liver.

Currently, 1 kilo of the smallest chicken lap (4pieces) is 4k. Two kilos would be 8k. This chicken you're claiming to buy for N6,500 is way over 3 kilos.

And if you must know, live broiler is 14k. The biggest size...So either you tell us the story behind how you bought a full chicken for such amount, or you stop lying to our faces.

Most of the people here saying it's a wonderful deal haven't bought chicken in months (or even years) I bought a live chicken 2 weeks ago for 14k with abeg, and bought 2kilos of chicken laps just yesterday. So I know how much these things are sold.
grin
It's possible the seller sold it 6500 to him. Maybe he is based in the north where food is cheaper or even bought direct from poultry in south
Or
Maybe it's sick chicken ๐Ÿ” from sharp retailer or some other infection that would otherwise ought to be destroyed if NAFDAC and food quality control inspection is 100%effective in Naija.
Both sick ๐Ÿ˜ท and healthy ones naija we dey sell them. All especially the sick one if slaughtered and sold as frozen chicken ๐Ÿ— rather than alive whole chicken ๐Ÿ”, hard to detect.

1 Like

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by DangoteIvy: 7:04pm On Dec 03, 2023
justuschi50:
no, from the poultry it is 3k. The retail price is 5k to 6k
cool
Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by Privatepart00: 7:04pm On Dec 03, 2023
Cc: Nazgul

Life doesnโ€™t start and end in Lagos state.
Where I stay, live chicken slightly bigger than whatโ€™s displayed is sold for N6500.

14 Likes

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by stolaonipekun: 7:04pm On Dec 03, 2023
Scale it
Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by Ask4bigneyo(m): 7:05pm On Dec 03, 2023
LadyRosa2:
Tired of eating chicken.
Still have so many in my fridge, for months.

Goat and beef, I'm tired! embarassed embarassed

Right now, I just don't know any alternatives.
Make i drop my add make u waybill them to me?

2 Likes

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by RichAbujaGuy: 7:05pm On Dec 03, 2023
Equal fair transaction for buyer and seller.
No hunger = blessings ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ—

2 Likes

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by gracealonev: 7:07pm On Dec 03, 2023
Acidosis:
Put on a weighing scale. Anything below 2.5-3kg is a total waste of money.

Mind you, he bought a live chicken, not frozen.

2 Likes

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by Antoeni(m): 7:07pm On Dec 03, 2023
Snatch it, grab it, run with it and let the owner go to court. It's Christmas

3 Likes

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by skj1377(m): 7:08pm On Dec 03, 2023
If true it is Good

1 Like

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by Goddyrichie(m): 7:10pm On Dec 03, 2023
LadyRosa2:
Tired of eating chicken.
Still have so many in my fridge, for months.

Goat and beef, I'm tired! embarassed embarassed

Right now, I just don't know any alternatives.
let me pay u a visit this Xmas to help u chop all this meat ๐Ÿ– na

4 Likes

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by femi4: 7:11pm On Dec 03, 2023
skultrick:
I bought this chicken for 6500 and I feel itโ€™s a nice bargain, especially considering the current realities. What do you think?
Good bargain. You ll spend twice that amount for the same value down here

1 Like

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by GABRIEL6036: 7:11pm On Dec 03, 2023
SharingIsLife:
If it's actually chicken, it's a wonderful deal. It's so cheap I suspect vulture grin Don't mind me oh! Meanwhile, what kind of dirty place is this that you placed it on?
Placed it on Olumo Rock ๐Ÿ˜. Dirty sombori

1 Like

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by Ray07(m): 7:11pm On Dec 03, 2023
SharingIsLife:
If it's actually chicken, it's a wonderful deal. It's so cheap I suspect vulture grin Don't mind me oh! Meanwhile, what kind of dirty place is this that you placed it on?
nawa for una o . . . You no see say na MDF board be that.

3 Likes

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by olan4ward: 7:14pm On Dec 03, 2023
SharingIsLife:

On colos....

1 Like

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by emekajacobogbon(m): 7:16pm On Dec 03, 2023
skultrick:

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ that's a kitchen cabinet

Chicken cabinet
Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by JagabanBorgu: 7:17pm On Dec 03, 2023
Nazgul:
You can't buy a full chicken for N6,500. Unless it died and the owner wanted to sell it off urgently.

The presence of the head, leg and liver shows that it was either slaughtered or it recently just died cos frozen chickens don't come with heads, feet or liver.

Currently, 1 kilo of the smallest chicken lap (4pieces) is 4k. Two kilos would be 8k. This chicken you're claiming to buy for N6,500 is way over 3 kilos.

And if you must know, live broiler is 14k. The biggest size...So either you tell us the story behind how you bought a full chicken for such amount, or you stop lying to our faces.

Most of the people here saying it's a wonderful deal haven't bought chicken in months (or even years) I bought a live chicken 2 weeks ago for 14k with abeg, and bought 2kilos of chicken laps just yesterday. So I know how much these things are sold.
His location is what u should ask about.
What sells for 14k in the south won't sell for 8k in the north.
Especially core north.
These are things u should factor in.

2 Likes

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by tempest01(m): 7:17pm On Dec 03, 2023
lolโ€ฆSorry Nigerians. Chicken that was 1200 โ€œback then.
Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by lovetterrison(m): 7:18pm On Dec 03, 2023
Birniwa:
This type of chicken goes for 3k to 3.5k maximum here in the north. Are you guys living in another part of Africa not Nigeria?

Abuja chicken na 8-9k
Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by Usmanovic95(m): 7:18pm On Dec 03, 2023
OP make you just pay the seller additional 1.5k when next you see. Na you rip am with that price.
Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by JagabanBorgu: 7:19pm On Dec 03, 2023
skultrick:

Chicken that I bought right in my neighborhood is what you writing all this long epistle.

By the way, I donโ€™t know where you buy live chicken for 14k. I have never bought chicken for more than 10k, and no matter how big it is, I will not pay for any chicken more than 10k.
He is probably living in Lagos or SS or SE.
That's where they rip each other so much and thinks it applies to all Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by MayowaTallguy: 7:20pm On Dec 03, 2023
Nazgul:

Eeei somebody collect me o,chicken 14
I go gather the money take buy full goat sef
Is either u don't know how to price or you get money wella.
14k bawo

3 Likes

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by Amwitty(f): 7:20pm On Dec 03, 2023
.[/quote]
Lol You reside in Benin?

1 Like

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by JagabanBorgu: 7:20pm On Dec 03, 2023
Nazgul:

My dear you're the one talking nonsense. Do you know how much chicken feed is sold? The prices has tripled in the last 6 months.

Do you know the cost of training a chick to market size?

Most poultry farmers today are barely managing to keep their head afloat in the business, and someone is saying he bought live chicken N6,500 in this economy.

Unless it's in a remote village where the chickens were raised locally, if it's in a city like Lagos, I'll tell you that it's a lie from the pit of hell.
Chicken feed that sold at a rubber for 1k now selling for 1,700 is triple?
Where do u folks get these statistics, just where?

2 Likes

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by GreaterFuture(m): 7:21pm On Dec 03, 2023
Nazgul:

So why this first lines??
Aren't you underscoring their Points? I'm confused...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Slay Mama Struggling To Eat Burger With Cutlery In Lagos / The โ‚ฆ2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday / The Pouched Rat My Dogs Caught This Morning (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.