Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? (63339 Views)

See The Chicken I Bought 6k Today / Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) / See The Chicken I Bought For 8k (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by mascot87(m): 7:21pm On Dec 03, 2023
LadyRosa2:
Tired of eating chicken.
Still have so many in my fridge, for months.

Goat and beef, I'm tired! embarassed embarassed

Right now, I just don't know any alternatives.

Have you tried snake or lizard? Give it a trial

1 Like

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by Charlie2020(f): 7:21pm On Dec 03, 2023
skultrick:
I bought this chicken for 6500 and I feel it’s a nice bargain, especially considering the current realities. What do you think?
4000 max
Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by CrossRhodes: 7:23pm On Dec 03, 2023
Nazgul:
You can't buy a full chicken for N6,500. Unless it died and the owner wanted to sell it off urgently.

The presence of the head, leg and liver shows that it was either slaughtered or it recently just died cos frozen chickens don't come with heads, feet or liver.

Currently, 1 kilo of the smallest chicken lap (4pieces) is 4k. Two kilos would be 8k. This chicken you're claiming to buy for N6,500 is way over 3 kilos.

And if you must know, live broiler is 14k. The biggest size...So either you tell us the story behind how you bought a full chicken for such amount, or you stop lying to our faces.

Most of the people here saying it's a wonderful deal haven't bought chicken in months (or even years) I bought a live chicken 2 weeks ago for 14k with abeg, and bought 2kilos of chicken laps just yesterday. So I know how much these things are sold.
Lol

Them dey run you street steady steady

Sorry oo

8 Likes

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by TheSourcerer: 7:23pm On Dec 03, 2023
LadyRosa2:
Tired of eating chicken.

Snails .

4 Likes

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by JagabanBorgu: 7:24pm On Dec 03, 2023
tempest01:
lol…Sorry Nigerians. Chicken that was 1200 “back then.
U forgot that u don get paid 1200 for a job that was 1200 back then, didn't you?
Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by FashionCookie(f): 7:26pm On Dec 03, 2023
Nice bargain...

2 Likes

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by RepoMan007: 7:27pm On Dec 03, 2023
Nazgul:
You can't buy a full chicken for N6,500. Unless it died and the owner wanted to sell it off urgently.

The presence of the head, leg and liver shows that it was either slaughtered or it recently just died cos frozen chickens don't come with heads, feet or liver.

Currently, 1 kilo of the smallest chicken lap (4pieces) is 4k. Two kilos would be 8k. This chicken you're claiming to buy for N6,500 is way over 3 kilos.

And if you must know, live broiler is 14k. The biggest size...So either you tell us the story behind how you bought a full chicken for such amount, or you stop lying to our faces.

Most of the people here saying it's a wonderful deal haven't bought chicken in months (or even years) I bought a live chicken 2 weeks ago for 14k with abeg, and bought 2kilos of chicken laps just yesterday. So I know how much these things are sold.
Stop lying bro. Even if chicken was feed with McDonald, 14k haaabaaa!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by Lookingback: 7:28pm On Dec 03, 2023
CHRISTFUCKER:
You want to show us that you bought chicken
grin cheesy

Make I post my own too

What's this? Looks like Male .. something.. ; shocked

1 Like

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by jenifer007: 7:28pm On Dec 03, 2023
LadyRosa2:
Tired of eating chicken.

Try eating frog...Very delicious

I promise you won't regret it

1 Like

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by Chetas81(m): 7:30pm On Dec 03, 2023
IF YOU CAN BUY THIS CHICKEN 🐓 6500, TIME IS COMING WHEN YOU HAVE TO BUY IT 13 THOUSAND, THE SICK CITIZEN SHOULD ASK THIS QUESTION, THE NIGERIA 2003 VS THE NIGERIA 2023_____ WHICH ONE BETTER, FRAUDULENT MENTALITY WON'T ALLOWED NIGERIA TO GET BETTER BEYOND THIS STAGE, DECLARATION OF ASSET'S IS NO LONGER NEEDED, THIS TIME OF LAST YEAR, YOU FEEL THE HEAT OF CASH SCARCITY, THE SAME POLITICIANS USE YOU DURING THE ELECTION TIME THEY NOW SAID LET THE POOR BREATH, BECAUSE YOU HAVE POOR MENTALITY TOWARD YOURSELF,BY ALLOWED POLITICIANS USE YOU

2 Likes

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by LeoDeKing: 7:31pm On Dec 03, 2023
Nazgul:

My dear you're the one talking nonsense. Do you know how much chicken feed is sold? The prices has tripled in the last 6 months.

Do you know the cost of training a chick to market size?

Most poultry farmers today are barely managing to keep their head afloat in the business, and someone is saying he bought live chicken N6,500 in this economy.

Unless it's in a remote village where the chickens were raised locally, if it's in a city like Lagos, I'll tell you that it's a lie from the pit of hell.
Stfu.

Someone said he bought a chicken at 6500 and you are here arguing nonsense as if is you alone that live in Lagos. Were you there? Which kind yeye argument be dat?

If you like, go and be buying a chicken at one million, that is your fvcking business, the op is telling us his experience.

Is it the same Lagos that people are buying live chicken between 5 and 8k you are talking about? What do you mean by a live broiler is 14k? Who fixed it at that price? A live chicken can go as high as 20k and as low as 4k, depending on the size, breed and location. Layers, cockrels and broilers are various and their prices differ. So what do you mean by a broiler is 14k.

Arrant nonsense.

11 Likes

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by 11doubledee: 7:36pm On Dec 03, 2023
A very good one
Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by freshboi88: 7:38pm On Dec 03, 2023
Nazgul:

My dear you're the one talking nonsense. Do you know how much chicken feed is sold? The prices has tripled in the last 6 months.

Most poultry farmers today are barely managing to keep their head afloat in the business, and someone is saying he bought live chicken N6,500 in this economy.

Unless it's in a remote village where the chickens were raised locally, if it's in a city like Lagos, I'll tell you that it's a lie from the pit of hell.

Person say e buy chicken 6500, u follow am dey argue. If e say nah 6500 den nah 6500, make u rest

7 Likes

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by isabi2lof: 7:39pm On Dec 03, 2023
Fair enough
Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by Simpubozz(m): 7:44pm On Dec 03, 2023
Omo make this year Christmas no be somehow oo, cos everything just cost anyhow sad .. I wan chop for ikeja last week and I asked d woman make she sell rice 200h for me, she say e no dey, na from 300h now.. omo I wan mad 😠

3 Likes

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by vikstandon(m): 7:46pm On Dec 03, 2023
skultrick:

Chicken that I bought right in my neighborhood is what you writing all this long epistle.

By the way, I don’t know where you buy live chicken for 14k. I have never bought chicken for more than 10k, and no matter how big it is, I will not pay for any chicken more than 10k.

Bros, don't be fast to say that!

You go still pay.
You could not imagine that one day would come when you will pay 10k for chicken.

The size of chicken I sold for 3k with customer doing inyanga for me in 2020, was what I later bought for more than 9k in 2022 December.

Bros e go hard you, but if you need an, you go buy am.

1 Like

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by Padipadi(m): 7:48pm On Dec 03, 2023
skultrick:
I bought this chicken for 6500 and I feel it’s a nice bargain, especially considering the current realities. What do you think?
Cool deal

3 Likes

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by AbujaLagos: 7:50pm On Dec 03, 2023
Acidosis:
Put on a weighing scale. Anything below 2.5-3kg is a total waste of money.
dey play
Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by nedekid: 7:50pm On Dec 03, 2023
Any idea of the weight?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by mariahAngel(f): 7:52pm On Dec 03, 2023
vikstandon:

Bros, don't be fast to say that!

You go still pay.
You could not imagine that one day would come when you will pay 10k for chicken.

The size of chicken I sold for 3k with customer doing inyanga for me in 2020, was what I later bought for more than 9k in 2022 December.

Bros e go hard you, but if you need an, you go buy am.

Na true you talk.

We now buy goods at prices we never thought we'd buy them.
Life continues in spite of inflation.

2 Likes

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by yesloaded: 7:54pm On Dec 03, 2023
Nazgul:

You get it

It surprised me that a whole chicken sold for 6500 because of feed now is on high side. To be honest, cheapest amount for healthy broiler chicken this Christmas will not be less than 10,000 except the one fed with some super grow drugs

2 Likes

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by yesloaded: 7:55pm On Dec 03, 2023
skultrick:

Chicken that I bought right in my neighborhood is what you writing all this long epistle.

By the way, I don’t know where you buy live chicken for 14k. I have never bought chicken for more than 10k, and no matter how big it is, I will not pay for any chicken more than 10k.

Be ready to buy local fowl grin

2 Likes

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by YorubaDemonswag: 7:56pm On Dec 03, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Stfu.

Someone said he bought a chicken at 6500 and you are here arguing nonsense as if is you alone that live in Lagos. Were you there? Which kind yeye argument be dat?

If you like, go and be buying a chicken at one million, that is your fvcking business, the op is telling us his experience.

Is it the same Lagos that people are buying live chicken between 5 and 8k you are talking about? What do you mean by a live broiler is 14k? Who fixed it at that price? A live chicken can go as high as 20k and as low as 4k, depending on the size, breed and location. Layers, cockrels and broilers are various and their prices differ. So what do you mean by a broiler is 14k.

Arrant nonsense.

Stop wasting your time on bitter and stupid obi.diot.

Nb:I'm in a mood to drag your useless ancestors if you quote me to say trash, so chose your enemy wisely

2 Likes

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by emmabest2000(m): 7:57pm On Dec 03, 2023
LadyRosa2:
Tired of eating chicken.

Ask no more ..... grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by Dennisochampa: 7:58pm On Dec 03, 2023
Is there anything that won't be on the internet these days?
If they tell u it's a bad bargain, will u return it??
Na wa o.... Na wa

1 Like

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by mfm04622: 8:00pm On Dec 03, 2023
Nazgul:

Ask him if he bought from the poultry owner of his workers. That may explain the price

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by BolaAThubv(m): 8:01pm On Dec 03, 2023
Nazgul:

You're talking nonsense. In the East you go to the market, buy a live fowl and they slaughter and clean it for you there and then. Many people don't buy frozen chicken anymore

6 Likes

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by tollyboy5(m): 8:01pm On Dec 03, 2023
PussyOdour:

MadamVanessa new here bro? grin grin

She's a very old user nairalander o
She joined last year so she's new. Just a popular noise maker.
Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by Nemesis0147(m): 8:01pm On Dec 03, 2023
skultrick:

You stay in Abuja
we’re in abj?
Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by Ovasize(m): 8:05pm On Dec 03, 2023
Rajman45:

E b lyk say na from thick bush u came from. U no kn hw kitchen cabinet de look like

He meant chicken cabinet grin

2 Likes

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by stormborn28(m): 8:05pm On Dec 03, 2023
muyico:
ah?? dey don reap and duped U
return it
DAT fowl no pass 1,200
For Agbado republic ba
Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by tempest01(m): 8:11pm On Dec 03, 2023
JagabanBorgu:

U forgot that u don get paid 1200 for a job that was 1200 back then, didn't you?

What was minimum wage then? What is minimum wage now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"I Found Garden-Egg In The Eggroll I Bought In Aba" - Young Man (Photos) / Slay Mama Struggling To Eat Burger With Cutlery In Lagos / The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.