Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:02 AM

MC Hammer Launches 'WireDoo' To Rival Google - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / MC Hammer Launches 'WireDoo' To Rival Google (6170 Views)

Facebook Audience Network Set To Rival Adsense / Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website / Time To Rival Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MC Hammer Launches 'WireDoo' To Rival Google by mashnino(m): 12:00am On Oct 31, 2011
Mc Hammer Launches Google Competitor

2011 and you still can't touch this. I bet you can't google this article too. LOL!! But yeah, old school rapper and now turned business man, MC Hammer, has rolled out a search engine he hopes will outperform Google, Bing and other established tools. This dude must be kidding us. Does he really think that he is still that influential? *Rolls Eyes*.
Hammer announced that the search engine called WireDoo, has been in the making for 2 years- and he still thinks it's a boss idea. He broke the news at the Web 2.0 conference this week and at this conference, he said what will make his search tool better than Google (or, too legit to quit, if you will) will be its "deep search" ability. He also added that the search would render not just direct results, but also information on possibly related topics. Its tagline is: "Search once and see what's related." <----- and a rapper came up with such a line?

READ MORE HERE http://www.nairation.com/discussion/73/mc-hammer-launches-google-competitor
Re: MC Hammer Launches 'WireDoo' To Rival Google by tripledub: 12:21am On Oct 31, 2011
I hail d dude o. but did he think the web developers of our almighty google are asleep. let him in and ask yahoomail the kind of oppression she is getting from gmail or ask facebook the restlessness she is experiencing from the unveiling of google+
Re: MC Hammer Launches 'WireDoo' To Rival Google by WebSurfer(m): 12:33am On Oct 31, 2011
time waste
Re: MC Hammer Launches 'WireDoo' To Rival Google by Nobody: 12:41am On Oct 31, 2011
i give him props for trying to get back to where he fell from.
Re: MC Hammer Launches 'WireDoo' To Rival Google by mashnino(m): 10:11am On Oct 31, 2011
D funniest part is dat he has been working on it for 2urs and up til now the site is still on beta mode
Re: MC Hammer Launches 'WireDoo' To Rival Google by DualCore1: 10:27am On Oct 31, 2011
how is that funny at all?
Re: MC Hammer Launches 'WireDoo' To Rival Google by Mobinga: 10:53am On Oct 31, 2011
I wonder.
Re: MC Hammer Launches 'WireDoo' To Rival Google by mashnino(m): 11:06am On Oct 31, 2011
it's funny to me
Re: MC Hammer Launches 'WireDoo' To Rival Google by yawatide(f): 1:04pm On Oct 31, 2011
Nna man, that site will never go out of business. Why? Because it will be "2 LEGIT TO QUIT" LMAO!!
Re: MC Hammer Launches 'WireDoo' To Rival Google by Sub5(m): 1:10pm On Oct 31, 2011
They all shall rise and fall before GOOGLE,
Honestly its not easy to get your site on every lip, even the newly born scream G O O G L E grin
Re: MC Hammer Launches 'WireDoo' To Rival Google by Mobinga: 1:13pm On Oct 31, 2011
Sub5:

They all shall rise and fall before GOOGLE,
Honestly its not easy to get your site on every lip, even the newly born scream G O O G L E grin

Ignorant Nigerians everywhere.
Re: MC Hammer Launches 'WireDoo' To Rival Google by DualCore1: 1:15pm On Oct 31, 2011
mashino, every well developed application follows a life cycle. there is no fixed duration on each phase of the life cycle. basically it is feasibility analysis, requirement gathering, design, coding, testing, maintenance. so when it is said that he has been working on this for 2 years it doesnt mean he has been coding for 2 years. coding is just a phase tht has to be preceded by other phases.
Re: MC Hammer Launches 'WireDoo' To Rival Google by eghost247(m): 2:10pm On Oct 31, 2011
most likely wont work wish him luck anyway,
Re: MC Hammer Launches 'WireDoo' To Rival Google by tellwisdom: 2:19pm On Oct 31, 2011
Maybe he thinks this is a recording studio grin grin
Re: MC Hammer Launches 'WireDoo' To Rival Google by kokoye(m): 2:38pm On Oct 31, 2011
^^^

your the only one laughing @ your comment
Re: MC Hammer Launches 'WireDoo' To Rival Google by leMuhito(f): 2:47pm On Oct 31, 2011
Good luck to him,
Re: MC Hammer Launches 'WireDoo' To Rival Google by pynkspyce: 3:05pm On Oct 31, 2011
waste of time and space. They should give up. If yahoo cant even compete who the hell r they?
Re: MC Hammer Launches 'WireDoo' To Rival Google by executinal(m): 3:38pm On Oct 31, 2011
Discovery is all about challenges, carry on
Re: MC Hammer Launches 'WireDoo' To Rival Google by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 31, 2011
MC Hammer had a dream and pursued it, while those who will never be bold enough to pursue or achieve theirs sneer at him.

If it meets my expectations, I am surely going to be a user. I wish him all the best.
Re: MC Hammer Launches 'WireDoo' To Rival Google by KacHemNaU(m): 3:50pm On Oct 31, 2011
Lets see what his wiredoo will do
Re: MC Hammer Launches 'WireDoo' To Rival Google by Yinkay: 3:53pm On Oct 31, 2011
Dare to dream! wishing you the best, Please Hammer, don't hurt 'em,
Re: MC Hammer Launches 'WireDoo' To Rival Google by Yeske2(m): 3:55pm On Oct 31, 2011
Wishing him the very best but. . .
Re: MC Hammer Launches 'WireDoo' To Rival Google by Barrywhite8620: 4:14pm On Oct 31, 2011
wish him da best of luck.
Re: MC Hammer Launches 'WireDoo' To Rival Google by Orikinla(m): 4:16pm On Oct 31, 2011
But he is better than our own rappers who are so clueless and have no IQ for such thoughts of genius.
Re: MC Hammer Launches 'WireDoo' To Rival Google by Barrywhite8620: 4:17pm On Oct 31, 2011
y u dey open ur teeth?
Re: MC Hammer Launches 'WireDoo' To Rival Google by Barrywhite8620: 4:22pm On Oct 31, 2011
tellwisdom:

Maybe he thinks this is a recording studio grin grin

y u dey open ur teeth?
Re: MC Hammer Launches 'WireDoo' To Rival Google by DualCore1: 4:45pm On Oct 31, 2011
to those shouting it wont work with no reasonable facts(you probably yelled same for facebook) if this guy fails with this thing tomorow he will know he tried and failed but you will remain ignorantly in tht pit. if on the other hand he succeeds, well you will still remain ignorantly in tht pit so really, he has nothing to lose but everything to gain. confirmed losers will always hate potential winner. keep on losing, ignorant ones.
Re: MC Hammer Launches 'WireDoo' To Rival Google by mruwaifo(m): 4:53pm On Oct 31, 2011
Seriously , this is very disappointing from someone who had world wide recognition to be so oblivious of current web trends .
http://wiredoo.com/
See the logo sef !
Home boy must have stumbled on dreamweaver and felt he could take over the world
MC Hammer , you fall my hand .
Like jigga said  ''unlike hammer 30 million cant hurt me ''
Re: MC Hammer Launches 'WireDoo' To Rival Google by guru01(m): 5:00pm On Oct 31, 2011
I like his idea to create another search engine, hope his plans work out well.
Re: MC Hammer Launches 'WireDoo' To Rival Google by pkv(m): 5:38pm On Oct 31, 2011
If blind man say make we 2 do stone shooting competition.e don match stone na
Re: MC Hammer Launches 'WireDoo' To Rival Google by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 31, 2011
nice attempt even if it lead to nowhere
Re: MC Hammer Launches 'WireDoo' To Rival Google by Jimbaz7(m): 6:32pm On Oct 31, 2011
Whatever you set out to achieve in life, you'll always see small minds that'll tell you that it's an impossibility you should forget it. But your but ur perseverence is what will see you true MC.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Difference Between Linux Hosting And Window Hosting / Upgrade Your Blogger To A Standard Website ! / 7 Ways To Encourage Comments On Your Blogs By Mediapace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.