Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Atiku: FG Restoring Intels' Pilotage Contract Doesn't Benefit Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku: FG Restoring Intels' Pilotage Contract Doesn't Benefit Me (18729 Views)

Buhari Cancels Restoration Of INTELS' Pilotage Contract / Hadiza Usman: Why INTELS Was Disqualified From Npa’s Boat Pilotage Contract / NPA Terminates Intels Pilotage Contract Over Failure To Remit $145.84m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku: FG Restoring Intels' Pilotage Contract Doesn't Benefit Me by FreeStuffsNG: 3:38pm On Dec 03, 2023
Former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar says that he is not a beneficiary of the recent decision by the federal government to reinstate the boat pilotage monitoring business that was previously handled by Intels Nigeria Limited.

On Saturday, Business Day reported FG informed shipping companies, in a memo dated November 30, 2023, that it has extended Intels’ contract to operate in the Lagos pilotage district.

In a statement on Sunday, Abubakar said he sold his shares in Intels to Orlean Investment Group in January 2021 and has since had no involvement in the company’s operations.

“In January 2021, I made public the sale of my shares in Integrated Logistic Services Nigeria Limited (Intels) to Orlean Investment Group, the parent company of Intels,” he said.

“The phased sale of those shares that commenced in 2018 peaked in December 2020. Intels also made public my exit from the oil and gas logistics company, meaning that a different entity now owns those shares I sold.”

Abubakar claims the allegations of his involvement in the Intels contract are false and mischievous.

“My divestment from the company that I co-founded has not been reversed,” he said.

“Consequently, I cannot, by any stretch of the imagination, be a beneficiary of the reinstatement of the boat pilotage monitoring business that was taken away from Intels by the Federal Government.

“Therefore, the insinuation that I am a beneficiary of the decision to rescind the cancellation of the contract between Intels and the Federal Government is untrue and should be seen for what it is: mischief.”

In January 2021, Rotimi Amaechi, then minister of transportation, got presidential approval for the restoration of all contracts between NPA and Intels and the withdrawal of all matters in court to settle the disputes administratively.

President Muhammadu Buhari later reversed himself after advice from the attorney-general of the federation and the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP).

They told the president that Intels’ contract was not cancelled as alleged but had expired and its renewal was not automatic.

Buhari subsequently directed that the procurement process should be concluded.

Mu’azu Jaji Sambo, Amaechi’s successor, first tried to truncate the process by seeking to unilaterally restore the contract to Intels, before switching his attention to July Seventh Ventures Ltd — also without trying to go through due process.

The ministry of maritime and blue economy will soon present the approvals to the federal executive council for ratification.

https://www.thecable.ng/atiku-fg-restoring-intels-pilotage-contract-doesnt-benefit-me/amp

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku: FG Restoring Intels' Pilotage Contract Doesn't Benefit Me by FreeStuffsNG: 3:38pm On Dec 03, 2023
“Therefore, the insinuation that I am a beneficiary of the decision to rescind the cancellation of the contract between Intels and the Federal Government is untrue and should be seen for what it is: mischief.”
Hmmm. So we should believe that Intel's now fully in the hands of Pa Volpi. Check my signature for free stuffs!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku: FG Restoring Intels' Pilotage Contract Doesn't Benefit Me by MadamVanessa(f): 3:43pm On Dec 03, 2023
shocked
Re: Atiku: FG Restoring Intels' Pilotage Contract Doesn't Benefit Me by Cruise777: 3:55pm On Dec 03, 2023
cool

Atiku already cashed out $100 million

Tinubu owns it with Volpi

I laugh when people talk about Tinubu stealing their Money, especially IPOB youth

Well Mr Tinubu's networth and Investment portfolio is so wide you are going to loose count

Shares in Microsoft, CocaCola, Manchester Football club , INTELS Logistics, OANDO group,

Even Allison Madueke, when she had problem and needed to sell her London mansion, Seyi Tinubu's company bought it cheaply

Funny enough no stake in his name, all are in a holdings held by trustees

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atiku: FG Restoring Intels' Pilotage Contract Doesn't Benefit Me by Blakjewelry(m): 3:57pm On Dec 03, 2023
He already sold his shares.

10 Likes

Re: Atiku: FG Restoring Intels' Pilotage Contract Doesn't Benefit Me by ecolime(m): 3:58pm On Dec 03, 2023
cry
Re: Atiku: FG Restoring Intels' Pilotage Contract Doesn't Benefit Me by Lovemeharder(f): 4:04pm On Dec 03, 2023
shocked
Re: Atiku: FG Restoring Intels' Pilotage Contract Doesn't Benefit Me by Bobloco: 4:09pm On Dec 03, 2023
Tinubu is restoring back his personal businesses

11 Likes

Re: Atiku: FG Restoring Intels' Pilotage Contract Doesn't Benefit Me by Godfullsam(m): 4:11pm On Dec 03, 2023
He was a co-founder of Intels, he still have some benefits albeit indirectly.

9 Likes

Re: Atiku: FG Restoring Intels' Pilotage Contract Doesn't Benefit Me by Jking20(m): 4:40pm On Dec 03, 2023
Na their wahala
Re: Atiku: FG Restoring Intels' Pilotage Contract Doesn't Benefit Me by oluwaseyi0: 6:14pm On Dec 03, 2023
Atiku don sell share run failed election

5 Likes

Re: Atiku: FG Restoring Intels' Pilotage Contract Doesn't Benefit Me by WorldRichest: 6:14pm On Dec 03, 2023
Cameroonian bisexual. We will continue to teach you Politics

7 Likes

Re: Atiku: FG Restoring Intels' Pilotage Contract Doesn't Benefit Me by id4sho(m): 6:15pm On Dec 03, 2023
E don cast undecided

Baba is getting broke as time goes lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Atiku: FG Restoring Intels' Pilotage Contract Doesn't Benefit Me by truthfinder319: 6:15pm On Dec 03, 2023
Even the news is about Atiku (Obi’s elder brother and leader), all you see and think is President Tinubu. You are a case. Don't die of HBP. Find a job

Bobloco:

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku: FG Restoring Intels' Pilotage Contract Doesn't Benefit Me by INTEGRITYA1(m): 6:15pm On Dec 03, 2023
When will he relocate back to Dubai until 2027?

I didn't mention anybody's name oooo, I come in peace.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku: FG Restoring Intels' Pilotage Contract Doesn't Benefit Me by bigdammyj: 6:16pm On Dec 03, 2023
Noted.
Re: Atiku: FG Restoring Intels' Pilotage Contract Doesn't Benefit Me by WorldRichest: 6:16pm On Dec 03, 2023
Bobloco:

If it were you nko? Won't you restore your personal businesses?

6 Likes

Re: Atiku: FG Restoring Intels' Pilotage Contract Doesn't Benefit Me by Ikpunnegi01: 6:17pm On Dec 03, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Hmmm
Your current daddy na lies full him mouth..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku: FG Restoring Intels' Pilotage Contract Doesn't Benefit Me by ShangTsung000: 6:17pm On Dec 03, 2023
As e no affect you,you no lose oga.
Re: Atiku: FG Restoring Intels' Pilotage Contract Doesn't Benefit Me by Tjra: 6:17pm On Dec 03, 2023
WorldRichest:
Cameroonian bisexual. We will continue to teach you Politics

Obi's boyfriend.

Jagaban wicked oo. He turned the two of them to his bitches. He fcked both them real hard.

Hardcore 😭

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku: FG Restoring Intels' Pilotage Contract Doesn't Benefit Me by nairalee(m): 6:19pm On Dec 03, 2023
One of the MAJOR challenges in Africa is that the politicians see leadership positions as business opportunities only to enrich themselves and their cronies
Re: Atiku: FG Restoring Intels' Pilotage Contract Doesn't Benefit Me by Chibuzoripob: 6:20pm On Dec 03, 2023
cool DINO SCAMMED this Cameroonian nor be small
Re: Atiku: FG Restoring Intels' Pilotage Contract Doesn't Benefit Me by WorldRichest: 6:20pm On Dec 03, 2023
Tjra:

Obi's boyfriend.

Jagaban wicked oo. He turned both of them to his bitches. Fcked them real hard.

Emilokan Asiwaju Tinubu Jagaban Borgu the City Boy Extraordinaire god of Politics

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku: FG Restoring Intels' Pilotage Contract Doesn't Benefit Me by Padipadi(m): 6:20pm On Dec 03, 2023
One of the funniest political comedy of this year was how Daddy Bulaba drilled the anus of Hoebee and Athièfku!
The 3some was sweet!
Both that should v collabo to nuke Bulaba's 8milla votes went separate. One got 7milla & the other got 6milla.
What a life time regret from Hoebee and Athièfku!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku: FG Restoring Intels' Pilotage Contract Doesn't Benefit Me by Padipadi(m): 6:21pm On Dec 03, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Hmmm
So na lie una dey lie ontop Atiku!
E o beru Olorun!

3 Likes

Re: Atiku: FG Restoring Intels' Pilotage Contract Doesn't Benefit Me by ClearFlair: 6:22pm On Dec 03, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Hmmm

Always typing for typing sake

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku: FG Restoring Intels' Pilotage Contract Doesn't Benefit Me by seunlayi(m): 6:24pm On Dec 03, 2023
Okay
Re: Atiku: FG Restoring Intels' Pilotage Contract Doesn't Benefit Me by santaclaws: 6:24pm On Dec 03, 2023
That was a smart move... perhaps he knew it could affect his election, hence the decision to sell of his stake.
Re: Atiku: FG Restoring Intels' Pilotage Contract Doesn't Benefit Me by MDBAKP: 6:25pm On Dec 03, 2023
Retire from politics

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku: FG Restoring Intels' Pilotage Contract Doesn't Benefit Me by metaluterus(f): 6:25pm On Dec 03, 2023
Chai.... politicians

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biafra 49th Anniversary: MASSOB Gives JTF 48hrs To Free Detained Members / AA Begins Edo Governorship Primary Election / My Life Is In Danger - Abia Female REC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.