Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,470 members, 7,830,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

1000+ Delegates: COP 28 Dubai Waka, Omooo See Hustle Ohhh!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 1000+ Delegates: COP 28 Dubai Waka, Omooo See Hustle Ohhh!!! (658 Views)

COP 28: Nigeria Signs MOU To Establish Solar PV Manufacturing Plant / Why Did President Tinubu Go To UAE With Over 1000 Delegates? / Tinubu To Participate In COP 28 Climate Summit In Dubai, Departs Nigeria Wednesd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

1000+ Delegates: COP 28 Dubai Waka, Omooo See Hustle Ohhh!!! by Bigkoko: 5:09am On Dec 04, 2023
A lot of people were amused as to the reason why Asiwaju would go to Dubai with 1000+ delegates, many amongst them social media persons with no fixed or normal job description as per the Objective of the Conference ~ Climate. Let me tell you something you dont know, most Secret service of foreign countries now know there is a grand, well oiled State sanctioned criminality going on in Nigeria! Expect more ban since una president don join for travel scams under false pretense!

From what i heard hush hush... as in on low key, most of the people that paid for their names to make the cut, paid as much as $10,000 cash for the week long trip. This is even though the Trip is funded full time on govt expenses including flights, rooms, food, etc, yet they still collect money from them! This is what they have reduced the once exalted seat of presidency to. In all you do, make sure you train your children to have jobs and hand work so they dont end up like the son of the presidency who sells slots for foreign trips. If you mention Seyi na you sabi.
They are never satisfied even though the CBN is at their hand, they will still sell slots. Tufiakwaaa!

Once a criminal drug peddler, always a criminal drug peddler!

Here's how People's Gazzette puts it:

Being A COP 28 Delegate Was Only Chance To Do Christmas In Dubai After Visa Ban.
Being smuggled into Tinubu COP 28 entourage was only chance to do Christmas in Dubai after UAE general visa ban on Nigerians: ‘Delegates’

A blanket travel restriction imposed in 2022 eliminated access to a top shopping destination for Nigeria’s upper middle class and political and business elite families.

EBUBE IBEH

As President Bola Tinubu continues to endure the collective backlash of Nigerians over his perceived squandering of scarce federal resources on a junket for climate discussion in which Nigeria was not slated to play any critical or unique role, Peoples Gazette has learnt that some of those on the 1,400-delegation to Dubai saw an opportunity to circumvent the cumbersome and increasingly futile process of obtaining an Emirati visa and took it.

Mr Tinubu’s participation at the so-called Conference of Parties (COP 28) global climate summit has been overshadowed by his profligate use of public funds at a time of untold economic hardship for the vast majority of Nigeria’s 200 million people. The United Nations received 1,411 people from Nigeria at the opening of the event on October 30, official disclosures said, out of which at least 589 people were direct federal employees under Mr Tinubu’s administration.

Nigeria’s delegation surpassed that of the United States, the United Kingdom and the European Union, per UN disclosures, even though Mr Tinubu himself criticised emission cuts being pushed at global climate fora as detrimental to Nigeria’s industrialisation and overall economic growth.

The official list of attendees also indicated an undetermined number of other federal employees attached to the ministry of information and other federal ministries, departments and agencies on the trip. Whereas some people on the list appeared to be genuine climate change experts and activists who were sponsored by private non-profits, an analysis of those on the trip showed the government picked the biggest tab, which easily runs into billions.

Rank and file civil servants also made the trip, including some whose purviews did not cover climate policy, like an interior ministry aide in charge of personnel management. The president’s son, Seyi, who has no official designation and was recently warned by his father to stop meddling in government functions, was also at the conference on public dole.

On Saturday afternoon, The Gazette heard from four different delegates on the trip, who said they hustled their respective departments to be accommodated on the trip in order to escape having to apply for visas to the UAE on their own, which has become nearly impossible for Nigerians over the past year. Three of the delegates are private individuals, while the last person is an official of one of the federal agencies regulating hydrocarbons, The Gazette can report.

The delegates secured guarantees of anonymity from our reporter before agreeing to speak on the controversial issue. Two of them said there were over 3,000 people who secured visas to Dubai on the back of the conference, but many of them did not show up at the conference venue at all, hence the smaller number released by the UN administrators.

“I was informed by a ministry director that the trip was coming up, and he agreed to put me on the trip after I explained to him that my sister lives in Dubai and I would like to see her and stay for Christmas,” the civil servant said. “He quickly asked his secretary to add my name. It was a smooth process for me, so I imagine it was smooth for about 3,000 others who also obtained their visas this way.”

The official went on to introduce our reporter to three other individuals who also made the trip, with one explaining their ties to a bank in Lagos.

“Even as a banker, I couldn’t get a visa to Dubai for so long. Some travel agents said they could get me a UAE visa earlier this year, but it was too expensive, so I had to let go back then,” the delegate said. “So when this opportunity came, I quickly jumped on it.”

Another one said they were not even at the venue of the conference, even though it has been underway since November 30.

“I’ll be honest and say I don’t even know the venue,” the person said. “I quickly got an apartment when I arrived and I will be spending the Christmas and New Year here.”

The individuals sidestepped the ethical questions about gaining the system in this manner, and were also not concerned about whether or not this could potentially complicate Nigeria’s ability to timely resolve the ban with the UAE.

Whether or not the presidency knew that thousands of people were issued visas without any bases remained unclear as of Sunday morning. A spokesman for the president deflected a question about the matter to the federal cabinet secretary’s office, which did not return an enquiry from The Gazette on the matter.

The UAE had, in October 2022, placed a general visa ban on all Nigerians, including citizens of at least 17 other countries. The Gulf giant alleged growing criminal activities linked to Nigerians, capitalising on a viral video of a group of cultists ensnared in a break-in as evidence of rising deviance among immigrants of African origin.

The restrictions had deprived tens of thousands of people with Nigerian passports of being able to enter Dubai, which until last year was the top shopping destination for the country’s upper middle class and political and business elite families.

The president assumed office in late May with a promise to cut public waste and improve the country’s crisis, which economists concluded was exacerbated by the laziness and brazen looting of his predecessor Muhammadu Buhari.

Mr Tinubu, who assumed office on a thin mandate of just 36 per cent of the vote with a record of public corruption, identity theft and drug dealing, saw initial public support when he removed subsidies on petrol upon assuming office. But with six months into his administration and no introduction of any serious welfare policies to sustain the poor, concerns are mounting about whether the Lagos politician sought the highest office strictly to demystify it.

Yet, his administration had sought to end the year-long visa restrictions on Nigerians, and the president himself directly met with Emirati authorities in September to discuss the crisis. A claim by a presidential spokesman that the restrictions had been listed without preconditions was subsequently exposed as a falsehood and also reported to have irritated the Emiratis.

https://gazettengr.com/being-smuggled-into-tinubu-cop-28-entourage-was-only-chance-to-do-christmas-in-dubai-after-uae-general-visa-ban-on-nigerians-delegates/
Re: 1000+ Delegates: COP 28 Dubai Waka, Omooo See Hustle Ohhh!!! by Babangidapikin: 5:25am On Dec 04, 2023
Let us see concrete evidence. Even if it is bank transactions...
Re: 1000+ Delegates: COP 28 Dubai Waka, Omooo See Hustle Ohhh!!! by mascot87(m): 5:27am On Dec 04, 2023
FAKE NEWS AS USUAL.
By now, this f00ls should know the fake news doesn't move the government. All this yam leg people sha no wan rest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1000+ Delegates: COP 28 Dubai Waka, Omooo See Hustle Ohhh!!! by Bobloco: 5:35am On Dec 04, 2023
So they have turned our once exalted and respected presidential office into a slots selling office.

Infact, a slot selling syndicate have taken over our once respected presidential office

We still remembered how Gbajabiamila sold appointment slots

This is what you get when a Notorious narcotics drug trafficker engaging in criminal state capture becomes president

2 Likes

Re: 1000+ Delegates: COP 28 Dubai Waka, Omooo See Hustle Ohhh!!! by Bigkoko: 5:36am On Dec 04, 2023
First try get visa before you know how it is. Those people travelling to Mecca learnt it the hard way. I know your brain has been sacrificed to Sango, but you dont actually need much of the brain to understand...... I trust hungry to do the needful with the next three months shaa. Continue werey!

mascot87:
FAKE NEWS AS USUAL.
By now, this f00ls should know the fake news doesn't move the government. All this yam leg people sha no wan rest

1 Like

Re: 1000+ Delegates: COP 28 Dubai Waka, Omooo See Hustle Ohhh!!! by Bigkoko: 5:40am On Dec 04, 2023
I heard it was for as much as $10,000USD per slot. And that is they still use our govt bill to pay for the flights and hotel rooms! Mehn no wonder Saudi Arabia cancelled the visas of those people travelling for Pilgrimage even though Asiwaju was still in Saudi Arabia at the time. They know his shady past and the cartel he roll with.

I think they were more interested in searching for drugs. Tufiakwaaaa this kind presidency!

Bobloco:
So they have turned our once exalted and respected presidential office into a slots selling office.

This is what you get when a Notorious narcotics drug trafficker engaging in criminal state capture becomes president
Re: 1000+ Delegates: COP 28 Dubai Waka, Omooo See Hustle Ohhh!!! by Bobloco: 5:44am On Dec 04, 2023
Bigkoko:
I heard it was for as much as $10,000USD per slot. And that is they still use our govt bill to pay for the flights and hotel rooms! Mehn no wonder Saudi Arabia cancelled the visas of those people travelling for Pilgrimage even though Asiwaju was still in Saudi Arabia at the time. They know his shady past and the cartel he roll with.

I think they were more interested in searching for drugs. Tufiakwaaaa this kind presidency!

Honestly, this country sunk a new low when a Notorious narcotics drug trafficker engaging in criminal state capture became it's president

1 Like

Re: 1000+ Delegates: COP 28 Dubai Waka, Omooo See Hustle Ohhh!!! by Bigkoko: 5:51am On Dec 04, 2023
Honestly i never expected much from a drug dealer and a jobless spoilt son. It's crime family. All they understand is using all means to get power to continue their crime life.

See how they carry social media people as delegates when we have Profs in Varsities that can contribute meaningfully..... Well, i am also glad, the e-rats here on Nairaland were left behind for goodies like this!!

Bobloco:

Honestly, this country sunk a new low when a Notorious narcotics drug trafficker engaging in criminal state capture became it's president
Re: 1000+ Delegates: COP 28 Dubai Waka, Omooo See Hustle Ohhh!!! by Bigkoko: 5:52am On Dec 04, 2023
Werey, when it was time to take people to Dubai, they forget you here. Go and hustle so you too can pay $10,000USD to make the slot!

mascot87:
FAKE NEWS AS USUAL.
Re: 1000+ Delegates: COP 28 Dubai Waka, Omooo See Hustle Ohhh!!! by DesChyko: 5:59am On Dec 04, 2023
National Cake😎

Re: 1000+ Delegates: COP 28 Dubai Waka, Omooo See Hustle Ohhh!!! by Pristine664: 6:09am On Dec 04, 2023
Bigkoko:

Make una dey mumu Una self. cheesy
Re: 1000+ Delegates: COP 28 Dubai Waka, Omooo See Hustle Ohhh!!! by Bigkoko: 6:11am On Dec 04, 2023
Hahahahahahhahahahahahahha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Who ask am? Asiwaju and crime na 5&6. He must sell something! If no be powder, e go be travel slots

1 Like

Re: 1000+ Delegates: COP 28 Dubai Waka, Omooo See Hustle Ohhh!!! by Bigkoko: 6:14am On Dec 04, 2023
Werey your mate dey Dubai dey defend themselves, you dey nairaland with us wey them no carry go Dubai dey defend people wey dey Dubai. Your mumu dey shame me.

Pristine664:

Make una dey mumu Una self. cheesy
Re: 1000+ Delegates: COP 28 Dubai Waka, Omooo See Hustle Ohhh!!! by Bigkoko: 6:16am On Dec 04, 2023
They get Govt list, Seyi list and other list. These people are low lives. Kleptomaniacs. They are never satisfied with corruption and looting. Since no much to loot, they have resorted to selling slots to conference!

DesChyko:
National Cake😎

1 Like

Re: 1000+ Delegates: COP 28 Dubai Waka, Omooo See Hustle Ohhh!!! by Pristine664: 6:21am On Dec 04, 2023
Bigkoko:
Werey your mate dey Dubai dey defend themselves, you dey nairaland with us wey them no carry go Dubai dey defend people wey dey Dubai. Your mumu dey shame me.

What will I be doing in Dubai?? grin

I know your tenth generation can't afford to live where I am. cool
Re: 1000+ Delegates: COP 28 Dubai Waka, Omooo See Hustle Ohhh!!! by mascot87(m): 6:27am On Dec 04, 2023
Bigkoko:
Werey, when it was time to take people to Dubai, they forget you here. Go and hustle so you too can pay $10,000USD to make the slot!

I am sure it is your father you are referring to. It can never be me
Re: 1000+ Delegates: COP 28 Dubai Waka, Omooo See Hustle Ohhh!!! by Bigkoko: 6:29am On Dec 04, 2023
Cheat beating for someone with businesses in two continents! We no dey loud am because e fit offend poor, envying people even though showing the results of your efforts is part of the culture from where i come!

As part of cheat beating, can you run or fund a development project in your village or any part of Nigeria within the next six months. At least let the less privilege's benefit from cheat beating small. As for me, i can build a Library, Skills Acquisition Center or a Tech Hub in any part of Igbo Land i choose. So what can you build so naira landers go dey on notice and verify!

We no dey support bad govt because we no need stipends or priviledge from govt to be a man.
We no depend on Govt to take us abroad we dey run for our self, that is how rugged we are!

Pristine664:

What will I be doing in Dubai?? grin

I know your tenth generation can't afford to live where I am. cool
Re: 1000+ Delegates: COP 28 Dubai Waka, Omooo See Hustle Ohhh!!! by Pristine664: 6:31am On Dec 04, 2023
Bigkoko:
Cheat beating for someone with businesses in two continents! We no dey loud am because e fit offend poor, envying people even though showing the results of your efforts is part of the culture from where i come!

As part of cheat beating, can you run or fund a development project in your village or any part of Nigeria within the next six months. At least let the less privilege's benefit from cheat beating small. As for me, i can build a Library, Skills Acquisition Center or a Tech Hub in any part of Igbo Land i choose. So what can you build so naira landers go dey on notice and verify!

We no dey support bad govt because we no need stipends or priviledge from govt to be a man.
We no depend on Govt to take us abroad we dey run for our self, that is how rugged we are!

Lol as usual...

No be only 2 continents. grin

Re: 1000+ Delegates: COP 28 Dubai Waka, Omooo See Hustle Ohhh!!! by Bigkoko: 6:34am On Dec 04, 2023
Hahhahahahhahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin they never take what they dish out!
Already calling parents. Tomorrow, this mumu go too dey among people talking of home training ni!

Me, one on one i go beat you, my papa, one on one he go beat your father. I dont need to call or insult your father. Me i know i pass you, not not pass you, i go beat you, one on one. Not only beat you, i go fit fund your living expenses for like six months non stop.

mascot87:

I am sure it is your father you are referring to. It can never be me
Re: 1000+ Delegates: COP 28 Dubai Waka, Omooo See Hustle Ohhh!!! by Bigkoko: 6:39am On Dec 04, 2023
Mumu wey dey where people no fit reach for 10th Gen. Oya see challenge. Library, Skill Acquisition, Tech Hub or any CSR of your choice for your village as per who don arrive. Bunch of lazy coward with the mouth of an alligator but a humming bird ass! Your mouth can boast of something your ass can not do! Werey

Next time check before you talk, he get why!

Pristine664:

Lol as usual...

No be only 2 continents. grin
Re: 1000+ Delegates: COP 28 Dubai Waka, Omooo See Hustle Ohhh!!! by Bigkoko: 6:48am On Dec 04, 2023
COPA28: Tinubu under fire for travelling with 1,114 contingent

President Bola Tinubu has come under fire after it emerged that Nigeria’s contingent to the Climate Change Conference (COPA28) holding in Dubai is 1,411, making him the Africa leader with the highest entourage, and the third largest representation of foreign delegates after China and Brazil.

Nigerians have been expressing their anger, particularly on social media, about the large Nigerian delegation attending the event, which also drew over 97,000 participants from over 100 countries of the world.

A look at the data from the CoP28 organisers’ registration platforms revealed that 1,411 Nigerians had registered to attend the event with many Nigerians suggesting they were all funded by the Federal Government; a claim the Presidency has rebuffed.

According to carbonbrief.org, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has the largest-ever registered delegation of any country with 4,409 badges followed by Brazil with 3,081 and then China and Nigeria, which have issued 1,411 badges. Nigeria’s delegate rose from the 169 delegates that attended from Nigeria last year.

In contrast, Kenya’s President, William Ruto, reduced his delegates from 189 to 51. The conference, which started on Thursday, November 30, and would end on Tuesday, December 12, is an avenue for governments to agree on policies to limit global temperature rise and adapt to impacts associated with climate change.

The United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change showed that out of the 1,411 that Nigeria registered as delegates, 590 were sponsored by the Federal Government. They include the president, 25 ministers, the chief of staff, five directors general, several directors, deputy directors, assistant directors, and officials with different titles. Others were allegedly sponsored by the state governments, nongovernmental and corporate organisations. The Federal Government would have spent not less than N850 million for flight tickets alone for the 590 persons, which excludes hotel accommodation and other expenses.

• Obi decries it as showmanship

Reacting to the development, many Nigerians took to social media to condemn President Tinubu’s actions. The presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP) in the 2023 election, Peter Obi, in a series of tweets via his X handle, described the president’s actions as wasteful and an unnecessary showmanship, where Nigeria is competing with China on the size of delegations. He said the vast majority of those in the Nigerian delegation were either non-relevant civil servants or relations, friends, and hangers-on of high government officials, and most of them hardly understand or have anything to do with climate change.

“In a twist of sad irony, let me congratulate the giant of Africa, Nigeria, for matching the great China with the same number of contingents at the ongoing COP28 in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates. Nigeria’s contingent to COP28 totaled 1,411, the same number as the Chinese contingents. While China’s budget for 2024 is about $4 trillion, about $2,860 per head; Nigeria’s budget is about $33 billion, about $165 per head. China has a high Human Development Index (HDI) with a ranking of 79 out of 191 countries measured and Nigeria has a low HDI, with a ranking of 163 out of 191 countries measured. Nigeria has more people living in ‘multi-dimensional’ poverty than China, despite the fact that China has seven times Nigeria’s population.

“Most importantly, the vast majority of those in the Nigerian delegation to COP28 are either non-relevant civil servants or relations, friends, and hangers-on of high government officials. Most of them hardly understand or have anything to do with Climate Change. This huge contingent is at public expense, and at a time when most Nigerians can hardly afford food and basic needs as a result of economic hardship. I pray earnestly that a day will come soon enough when we can focus on competing with China on productivity and the miracle of migrating the highest number of its citizens out of poverty over a relatively short time.

“As we have kept emphasizing, we must stop waste as an addition to our government and nation. We urgently need to cut the cost of governance and invest in production. We need to tie spending to necessity and national priority, pointing out that a New Nigeria is possible but we only need to do the reasonable and the necessary.”

An X user, Akintunde Babatunde, said: “The average cost for an individual to attend COP is about $4k. With 821 official party delegates from Nigeria, that is about $3.2 million. Well, that is average knowing that Nigerian officials are extravagant with state money. The cost will definitely be higher than this! I have been to COP countless times, so I can tell you for a fact that I know how this works. Nigeria registered over 1400 delegates out of which 821 are party or official delegates. If you’re an NGO, what you get is a party overflow badge.”

Be patriotic, offer solutions to Nigeria’s challenges, Abiodun urges spiritual leaders
• Presidency faults critics

The Presidency, in a piece titled ‘Nigeria at COP28: Separating the facts from fiction,’ by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Temitope Ajayi, said President Tinubu and other senior officials of his administration attended the significant international event for serious business, and not for jamboree.

He said: “The people coming together to advance their different agenda and interests from governments, businesses and civil societies, are the parties to the convention who represent various shades of opinions and push for various mitigating actions.

“In Nigeria, like in so many other countries, interested parties, comprising government officials from both the federal and sub-national governments, business leaders, environmentalists, climate activists and journalists, are present in Dubai.

“Also, participating are agencies of the government such as the NNPC and its subsidiaries, Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs, NIMASA, and the NDDC. Many youth organisations from Nigeria, especially from the Northern and Niger-Delta regions, whose lives and livelihoods are most impacted by desert encroachment and hydrocarbon activities, are also represented.

“The President of Ijaw Youth Council, Jonathan Lokpobiri, leads a pan-Ijaw delegation of more than 15 people who registered as parties from Nigeria. Among delegates from Nigeria are over 20 journalists from various media houses.

“Their participation is very important. It is not for jamboree as it is being mischievously represented on social media.

“It is important to state here that delegates from all countries, whether from government, private sector, media and civil society groups attend COP summits and conferences as parties and the number of attendees are registered against their countries of origin.

“This does not mean that they are sponsored or funded by the government. It must be said also that the fact that people registered to attend a conference does not mean everyone that registered is physically present.”

Ajayi also emphasized the significance of Nigeria’s participation in CoP28 and noted that President Tinubu has not only reaffirmed the importance of treating Nigeria and Africa fairly during the energy transition process, but also taken advantage of the occasion to broker agreements and entice new commitments from various spheres of influence.

“Like former President Muhammadu Buhari and other African leaders, who demanded fair deal and climate justice for Africa at previous UN climate summits, President Tinubu is leading the charge at COP28 on behalf of Nigeria and the rest of the continent, demanding from the West that any climate decision and action must be fair and just to Africa and Nigeria in particular, especially the debate around energy transition.

“President Tinubu has been unequivocal in his position that Africa, which is battling with the problems of poverty, and security, and struggling to provide education and healthcare to her people, cannot be told to abandon its major source of income, which is mostly from extractive industries, without the West providing the funding and investment in alternative and clean energy sources.

“President Tinubu and other officials on the federal government delegation are in Dubai for serious business not jamboree. Our president has been very busy representing our country well. Since Thursday morning when he arrived in Dubai, President Tinubu has spent not less than 18hours daily in attending very important sessions, pushing our national agenda while holding bilateral and business meetings on the sidelines.”
~ Culled from a post
Re: 1000+ Delegates: COP 28 Dubai Waka, Omooo See Hustle Ohhh!!! by orisa37: 7:35am On Dec 04, 2023
CSU-CUTE SUPER UNIT.

1 Like

Re: 1000+ Delegates: COP 28 Dubai Waka, Omooo See Hustle Ohhh!!! by Bigkoko: 7:38am On Dec 04, 2023
What an ingenious way to raise IGR for his son to buy more properties abroad! I only pity the maggots here who could not afford the $10k USD for the slot!

orisa37:
CSU-CUTE SUPER UNIT.

(1) (Reply)

Poor Nigerian Market Woman Cries Bitterly Over Bad Economy / ONDO APC Primary Election Was Perfected By Professional Election Riggers - BETTY / Nnpc, Marketers Dupe Nation Of N38 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.