Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,490 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight (19788 Views)

β€œMy wife denies me my sexual rights”, husband tells court / My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel / How I Caught My Wife With My Pastor, Husband Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by robinfemi: 12:43pm On Dec 04, 2023
Show your picture first naw cheesy
Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by Kaido: 12:45pm On Dec 04, 2023
finallybusy:
White westerner kee you there, Adewale. What do you children gain from typing these stupid write-ups?
Zero joy grin
Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by qtx(m): 12:45pm On Dec 04, 2023
Wifeoflgbo:
I was previously heavier at 90kilograms but I didn't look very big. He told me at the time that he liked it. And that he liked my body.

But recently I have lost weight. He told me I have done okay but to not gain anymore weight. But to lose more if I can. Even though I am feeling sick from lack of food. My medication is what keeps myle chubby. So I have to eat very little just to lose weight.

I said "I thought you told me you liked my fatter body?" He told me "I was just trying to be nice. I'm not a mean person. But I didn't like your old body. But this one it bust my head!" I felt really upset by this. So I asked him if he was still attracted to me back then and he said "yes" and I asked if he would leave me if I gained more weight. And he said he would never leave me if I'm skinny or fat. I asked him again why he said he didn't like my old body, and he told me he "never said that" πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ€¦ after he got super excited about my new body for another 20mins, he told me to stop bringing it up and that he needed to get some rest.

So I let it go. But part of me still feels hurt. Feels self conscious.

My husband is igbo and lives in Owerri and I am a white westerner. So maybe I am misunderstanding or the cultures are clashing here?
Oh i sincerely pity women who must go through that kind of stress to please their husbands. As a man, i will never insist on such punishment for my wife just to satisfy my lust or feeling. If my wife is fat or thin , i better learn to love her the way she is. She is mine and let her be healthy and happy the way she is amd good.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by DARLINGTON869(m): 12:47pm On Dec 04, 2023
Madam....long story short... STOP GAINING WEIGHT. SHIKENA. You are lucky your husband was trying to be nice by initially telling you in a modest way.
No reasonable man out there likes a fat woman as a wife. I use the word fat because I see a lot of obese ladies out there deceiving themselves with made up words like ...thick, plum, chubby. But the truth is that they are FAT

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by winner37(m): 12:49pm On Dec 04, 2023
This woman self 🀣🀣🀣,
You forget to asked your husband why he doesn't like your old fatty body..
Me, I tried as much as possible to keep a distance from them because 85 perfect of them a having problem on personal hygiene...
Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by PoliteActivist: 12:50pm On Dec 04, 2023
finallybusy:
White westerner kee you there, Adewale. What do you children gain from typing these stupid write-ups?

grin🀣 Busted!
Adewale, alias Wife of Igbo, how market? cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by saysoo: 12:54pm On Dec 04, 2023
An a man so let of speak to you about the nine of your husband he loves you and does not want to cheat on you. The slim ladies are pleasant to most men so he wants his to be like that. Advice, use green vegetable juice to support your medication. Your body inflames so you need organic anti inflammetary enzymes. Most white peoples body inflame when on medication.
Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by ThatCEO: 12:59pm On Dec 04, 2023
Wifeoflgbo:
I was previously heavier at 90kilograms but I didn't look very big. He told me at the time that he liked it. And that he liked my body.

But recently I have lost weight. He told me I have done okay but to not gain anymore weight. But to lose more if I can. Even though I am feeling sick from lack of food. My medication is what keeps myle chubby. So I have to eat very little just to lose weight.

I said "I thought you told me you liked my fatter body?" He told me "I was just trying to be nice. I'm not a mean person. But I didn't like your old body. But this one it bust my head!" I felt really upset by this. So I asked him if he was still attracted to me back then and he said "yes" and I asked if he would leave me if I gained more weight. And he said he would never leave me if I'm skinny or fat. I asked him again why he said he didn't like my old body, and he told me he "never said that" πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ€¦ after he got super excited about my new body for another 20mins, he told me to stop bringing it up and that he needed to get some rest.

My husband is igbo and lives in Owerri and I am a white westerner. So maybe I am misunderstanding or the cultures are clashing here?

It's just one of the paradox of being a man, at least a Nigerian man. Two things can be right at the same time but I understand that it often leaves the females insecure.

I can draw from a personal experience. GF was chubby but had a flat tommy which I found fascinating. 6 months down the line, GF has the same body weight but tommy beginning to get bigger, an observation I raised which led to a very similar argument you had with hubby. If you love me then, does it mean you love me less now?

My response is however similar to your husband(just so you know it's not your husband making things up). Do I prefer her with flat tommy, yes. Does it mean I love her less now, absolutely not. Like I said, it's a paradox, and two things can be true at the same time. but I get that the female brain works very differently, they want assurance and very straight talks.

Verdict. He likes you before just as much as he likes you now. However, it's better you drop the weight as that's what he prefers. But eat up, you can use exercise instead to lose weigh. I will never support you guys idea of starving to lose weight.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by phintohlar(f): 1:00pm On Dec 04, 2023
Why are you upset if i may ask please.. Anyways madam, no too big and no too small shikena, i no think say that one too much for your husband to ask of nah
Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by pipnator00(m): 1:28pm On Dec 04, 2023
90kg for a woman.. You are fat, lose weight!

1 Like

Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by sonofthunder: 1:34pm On Dec 04, 2023
Wifeoflgbo:

Better husband done tire you or you don't think he has your best interest at heart?

If he finds you more attractive now is it a crime or a bonus?
Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by Chee59(f): 1:37pm On Dec 04, 2023
Wifeoflgbo:

He's seeing baddies and mentally comparing them to you. Probably cheating on you physically, not just mentally.
Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by azzima(m): 1:47pm On Dec 04, 2023
You are a White Westerner and you lost weight for LACK OF FOOD

This confused me!

1 Like

Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by DrFunmisticGlow: 1:48pm On Dec 04, 2023
Wifeoflgbo:

what's the age difference between you two?
Are you older than him?

Just let it go for your peace of mind
Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by Thazard(m): 2:24pm On Dec 04, 2023
finallybusy:
My thoughts exactly!
Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by 727abejide: 2:48pm On Dec 04, 2023
smart man. you wanted use your mouth to corner him into trouble but he dodged the bullet.smart man. you wanted use your mouth to corner him into trouble but he dodged the bullet....
Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by Kobojunkie: 2:56pm On Dec 04, 2023
Wifeoflgbo:
β–  So I let it go. But part of me still feels hurt. Feels self conscious.
Forget what your husband said, 90 kg (approximately 200lbs) is a lot of weight to be carrying around with you. Consider your own health and mortality in this and not all that other stuff. The mortality age in Nigeria for both men and women remains around 57-59 and obesity is a known killer. So why not use the opportunity to work on yourself.. undecided

As for being sick from eating little, I am not certain what you mean by that. The average adult needs about 1650 calories a day to function. To loose weight, you simply need to eat less than that on a relatively regular basis. For instance, if you wanted to loose a pound a week, you need to eat approximately 1200 calories each day which is just about 400 calories less than you require. Eating just that less would not make you sick unless you already have underlying illness for which you definitely need to see a doctor for. undecided

P.s. if your husband is himself overweight, use the opportunity to call his attention to his own weight problem so he too can get to loosing the weight abeg!
Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by Elaric(m): 3:44pm On Dec 04, 2023
Lady,the owner of your body just told you what he wants. My dear, don't misunderstand it, just be glad he told you the simple truth and stop digging out reasons. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by Kobojunkie: 3:45pm On Dec 04, 2023
Elaric:
Lady,the owner of your body just told you what he wants. My dear, don't misunderstand it, just be glad he told you the simple truth and stop digging out reasons. A word is enough for the wise.
Stop that rubbish abeg! Who get her body? Na lie wey your ancestors use deceive women into allowing themselves be raped and then abandoned in marriage be that. undecided

Whether married or not, same way her husband's body belongs to him, her body belongs to her. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by nwosu1234: 3:56pm On Dec 04, 2023
Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by MrSly(m): 3:58pm On Dec 04, 2023
Wifeoflgbo:

Which one is a white Westerner? Your husband is Igbo, what is so shameful about saying 'I am a Yoruba?' Identity crisis!!!!
Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by femi4: 4:18pm On Dec 04, 2023
Wifeoflgbo:

Just be you. You can't please humans not even your husband

1 Like

Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by silaswills01(m): 4:33pm On Dec 04, 2023
White westerner on nairaland
Interesting 😏

But talking of weight there's actually nothing beneficial or cool about obesity the risks outweigh the benefits in astronomical ways
Once BMI goes beyond 25kg/m2 it's best you start to watch your weight and begin to lose it
Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by Mom007(f): 4:59pm On Dec 04, 2023
Why are you making an issue of this? You that is talking, don't you like yourself better now that you have lost weight? Truth is being fat is not attractive. Some people are confident and carry it off well but still, having a healthy weight is always better.
Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by Caseless: 7:06pm On Dec 04, 2023
Wifeoflgbo:

He loves you. Just stay in shape and, he'd be OK.
Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by sync(f): 7:55pm On Dec 04, 2023
Madam rest abeg. This is not our problem right now
Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by BRATISLAVA: 8:09pm On Dec 04, 2023
You and your husband have a lot more problems than your hypothetical weight.

Your previous threads are a giveaway. It your conversation is true, then you have it bad. TikTok love.
Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by Exceed15: 8:26pm On Dec 04, 2023
He loves you but don't add more than you are. Engage in skipping. It works.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by GreatOchuks: 11:31pm On Dec 04, 2023
Actually, Na the "White Westerner" spoil the whole story..
Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by Abolodje: 12:13am On Dec 05, 2023
Werey say na westerner…if I deck your teeth
Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by cedricksly: 8:36am On Dec 05, 2023
Wifeoflgbo:

your husband acted how a husband should act, there are times when you have to edit the truth to fan the ego of those you love. He might like your old body, but likes this one more, why are you feeling hurt because he is truthful and direct with you? HE IS YOUR HUSBAND AND NOT YOUR BOYFRIEND. if he never found you attractive why did he marry you in the first place? Nothing good ever comes from being obese or overweight.
Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by Obierika(m): 3:25pm On Dec 05, 2023
If you want to grow fat that's your business, stop disturbing us

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Was Going Through Your Mind While Walking down the Aisle. / Why Do Some Men Demand Intimacy before helping their Brother's Widow? / Royal Baby Watch: Kate Middleton In Labour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.