Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,310 members, 7,815,563 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight (19791 Views)

β€œMy wife denies me my sexual rights”, husband tells court / My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel / How I Caught My Wife With My Pastor, Husband Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by Wifeoflgbo: 6:25am On Dec 04, 2023
I was previously heavier at 90kilograms but I didn't look very big. He told me at the time that he liked it. And that he liked my body.

But recently I have lost weight. He told me I have done okay but to not gain anymore weight. But to lose more if I can. Even though I am feeling sick from lack of food. My medication is what keeps myle chubby. So I have to eat very little just to lose weight.

I said "I thought you told me you liked my fatter body?" He told me "I was just trying to be nice. I'm not a mean person. But I didn't like your old body. But this one it bust my head!" I felt really upset by this. So I asked him if he was still attracted to me back then and he said "yes" and I asked if he would leave me if I gained more weight. And he said he would never leave me if I'm skinny or fat. I asked him again why he said he didn't like my old body, and he told me he "never said that" πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ€¦ after he got super excited about my new body for another 20mins, he told me to stop bringing it up and that he needed to get some rest.

So I let it go. But part of me still feels hurt. Feels self conscious.

My husband is igbo and lives in Owerri and I am a white westerner. So maybe I am misunderstanding or the cultures are clashing here?

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by Postinor: 6:31am On Dec 04, 2023
It isn't a matter of cultural difference,might just be what he likes,he might have loved you when you were fat but now loves you better as you are slim

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by duduade: 6:33am On Dec 04, 2023
Wo different men different preferences

Different marriages with different things wey dey do am

Just be in the middle... Don't be too fat.. don't be too thin ... Just do you

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by Lovemeharder(f): 6:44am On Dec 04, 2023
He loves you still, don't feel hurt.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by Nobody: 6:47am On Dec 04, 2023
Overly dramatic.

23 Likes

Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by Qatar2022: 7:23am On Dec 04, 2023
Wifeoflgbo:
I was previously heavier at 90kilograms but I didn't look very big. He told me at the time that he liked it. And that he liked my body.

But recently I have lost weight. He told me I have done okay but to not gain anymore weight. But to lose more if I can. Even though I am feeling sick from lack of food. My medication is what keeps myle chubby. So I have to eat very little just to lose weight.

I said "I thought you told me you liked my fatter body?" He told me "I was just trying to be nice. I'm not a mean person. But I didn't like your old body. But this one it bust my head!" I felt really upset by this. So I asked him if he was still attracted to me back then and he said "yes" and I asked if he would leave me if I gained more weight. And he said he would never leave me if I'm skinny or fat. I asked him again why he said he didn't like my old body, and he told me he "never said that" πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ€¦ after he got super excited about my new body for another 20mins, he told me to stop bringing it up and that he needed to get some rest. So I let it go. But part of me still feels hurt. Feels self conscious. My husband is igbo and lives in Owerri and I am a white westerner. So maybe I am misunderstanding or the cultures are clashing here?
When will you people accept truth

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by Ahmed0336(m): 7:30am On Dec 04, 2023
Women!!!!!
You are just making a small thing look bigggg.
Stop feeling so insecure and be you.

58 Likes

Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by finallybusy: 7:42am On Dec 04, 2023
Wifeoflgbo:

I said "I thought you told me you liked my fatter body?" He told me "I was just trying to be nice. I'm not a mean person. But I didn't like your old body. But this one it bust my head!" I felt really upset by this. So I asked him if he was still attracted to me back then and he said "yes" and I asked if he would leave me if I gained more weight. And he said he would never leave me if I'm skinny or fat. I asked him again why he said he didn't like my old body, and he told me he "never said that" πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ€¦ after he got super excited about my new body for another 20mins, he told me to stop bringing it up and that he needed to get some rest. So I let it go. But part of me still feels hurt. Feels self conscious. My husband is igbo and lives in Owerri and I am a white westerner. So maybe I am misunderstanding or the cultures are clashing here?
White westerner kee you there, Adewale. What do you children gain from typing these stupid write-ups?

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by PedoBear: 11:41am On Dec 04, 2023
Post pics for proof

Awon Oshi

7 Likes

Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by We4all: 12:01pm On Dec 04, 2023
finallybusy:
White westerner kee you there, Adewale. What do you children gain from typing these stupid write-ups?

Lol. This is the family section of Nairaland and we need to keep it active with either fiction or reality.

20 Likes

Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by adecz: 12:31pm On Dec 04, 2023
Just obey his observations and
have peace..

He seems a nice fella, so stop making
mountains out of molehills & obey
the last order😐😐😐😐

I come in peaceπŸ•ŠοΈπŸ•ŠοΈπŸ•ŠοΈπŸ•ŠοΈ

1 Like

Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by Offpoint1: 12:31pm On Dec 04, 2023
Are you FAT or chubby, packaging FAT word to Chubby doesn't help? I wonder why fat people get offended when we use the fat word, and slim people don't get offended when we use the slim word.

Everyman to his preference, but I gotta tell you the truth... when it comes to physical appearance, 98% of men don't want a fat woman.

Gaining weight after childbirth is normal, but once after 3-5 years you don't work on your weight... I'm registering you in a gym.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by Pidginwhisper: 12:32pm On Dec 04, 2023
You go dey owk. Your Husband don see another meal
Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by emkz: 12:32pm On Dec 04, 2023
Don't take is as bad advise PLEASE.

It is for your own health.

Being overweight is actually seen in our cultures as a sign of good living. It is not.

Associated with being overweight and being morbidly obese are co-morbidities like high blood pressure, fatty liver disease, inability to breath properly when you sleep, high cholesterol and diabetes. People die in their sleep due to sudden heart attacks. From the position of the man, I can see a man who genuinely loves you and cares for you.

Most our foods in Nigeria are unhealthy. They contain too much oil, too much seasoning, too much carbohydrate, too much fried stuff and too much salt. Try to aim for a balanced diet, skewed towards protein and vegetables. Snack on low carbohydrate fruits like apple, carrots and avoid refined sugar as much as possible. These includes fizzy drinks, juices, cakes and biscuits.

Drink a lot of water, up to 2 litres daily. Reduce your oil intake to one spoon per cooking. Avoid alcohol and sugary beverage. Aim for cooked foods and grilled stuff. Avoid frying anything.

Then exercise a lot. Aim for up to 5 hours of physical activity weekly, like walking and light jogging. If you cannot, have a lot of sex with your husband.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by iscom(m): 12:32pm On Dec 04, 2023
Your picture?
Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by superCleanworks(m): 12:32pm On Dec 04, 2023
The man is fighting for his future before you use mouth chop all una savings.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by besayag: 12:32pm On Dec 04, 2023
Wifeoflgbo:

I said "I thought you told me you liked my fatter body?" He told me "I was just trying to be nice. I'm not a mean person. But I didn't like your old body. But this one it bust my head!" I felt really upset by this. So I asked him if he was still attracted to me back then and he said "yes" and I asked if he would leave me if I gained more weight. And he said he would never leave me if I'm skinny or fat. I asked him again why he said he didn't like my old body, and he told me he "never said that" πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ€¦ after he got super excited about my new body for another 20mins, he told me to stop bringing it up and that he needed to get some rest.

My husband is igbo and lives in Owerri and I am a white westerner. So maybe I am misunderstanding or the cultures are clashing here?
loosing weight from lack of food, u mean no food for house abi na another term b this

1 Like

Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by zebszebs: 12:33pm On Dec 04, 2023
Wifeoflgbo:

Come off it na, are you practicing your "format" on gullible Nairalanders?
You are no Westerner, brother.
We are familiar with your game.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by Okiemute101: 12:33pm On Dec 04, 2023
Hold your husband very tight. He loves you so much. Some men will not even tell you. Obey the call oo

1 Like

Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by superCleanworks(m): 12:34pm On Dec 04, 2023
Wifeoflgbo:
another 20mins, he told me to stop bringing it up and that he needed to get some rest.

smart man. you wanted use your mouth to corner him into trouble but he dodged the bullet.
Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by SeriouslySense(m): 12:35pm On Dec 04, 2023
Just calm down first, calm down, there is nothign to worry about.

Allow him to be honest, its willl be better that way. Now that he was honest it is better, so you know what he likes.

Men perception are changing, not all men like big women like how the culture make it seem. Plus fitness is good for your bp and health.
Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by nwakibie3(m): 12:36pm On Dec 04, 2023
Op make I see your pics first before I comment.
Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by ShangTsung000: 12:36pm On Dec 04, 2023
You be balloon?
Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by BirtherOfKings(f): 12:36pm On Dec 04, 2023
its not worth it so come for shiloh so your mindset can be transformed.
Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by BirtherOfKings(f): 12:37pm On Dec 04, 2023
its not worth it so come for shiloh so your mindset can be transformed.....
Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by hustla(m): 12:37pm On Dec 04, 2023
Wifeoflgbo:

The culture is different , We do not celebrate the wokeness and nonsense fat positivity that the West likes to do.

I know women do not like the truth but the gym will make sense to go. Drag him along too and do the fitness journey together. Makes it more fun

1 Like

Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by jaxxy(m): 12:38pm On Dec 04, 2023
He's a smart man. Don't.

Loosing weight doesn't mean not eating what u like but the quantity. it also doesn't mean starving urself there are low calories food u can use to balance ur meals.. and ur body and appetite will adjust.

I believe in keeping fit as much as u can.

Ur husband wants u to be fit and healthy and u will be generally better off for it, U will be smarter and more confident. He likes ur old body but knows u can be better.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by SeriouslySense(m): 12:39pm On Dec 04, 2023
grin grin This question
ShangTsung000:
You be balloon?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by babamadiba(m): 12:40pm On Dec 04, 2023
Maybe he recently went down with a slim chick and he is loved the vibe hence why wants you to remain slim. Bitter truth.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight by hofitec286: 12:40pm On Dec 04, 2023
Simply obey him

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Was Going Through Your Mind While Walking down the Aisle. / What Causes Tension Between Wives And Mother-in-laws? / Royal Baby Watch: Kate Middleton In Labour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.