Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,467 members, 7,830,352 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

South East Has The Highest Hypertension Patients - Nigerian Hypertension Society - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / South East Has The Highest Hypertension Patients - Nigerian Hypertension Society (16108 Views)

Boys & Girls Caught Taking meth In South-East (Video) / South East Has not Made Donation To Nigeria To Fight Corona virus / World AIDS Day: African Countries With The Highest Number Of HIV/AIDS Patients (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South East Has The Highest Hypertension Patients - Nigerian Hypertension Society by Gr8amechi: 9:49am On Dec 05, 2023
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/SEast-has-highest-hypertension-patients-says-society
This is a big lie, living in the north east, i have seen so many cases that you only wonder.
You would see people walking around with BP over 240 systolic and no stroke nothing, this is one reason they have very high numbers of kidney failures here
Re: South East Has The Highest Hypertension Patients - Nigerian Hypertension Society by Available9: 9:51am On Dec 05, 2023
They are always thinking about Money

2 Likes

Re: South East Has The Highest Hypertension Patients - Nigerian Hypertension Society by Elidrisy20: 10:01am On Dec 05, 2023
Na 2023 election cause am

1 Like

Re: South East Has The Highest Hypertension Patients - Nigerian Hypertension Society by epainos: 10:20am On Dec 05, 2023
HardBishop:

why can't Nigerians behave and face their business? that's how they form a coalition to fight igbos. I know igbos do love exaggerating and face themselves yet some tribes love to poke noose into our business just cos they find our lifestyle FASCINATING!!!!!!
pls Nigerians face una own leave Ibos alone.

[b]stop marrying our women face una [/b]life
Look at the bold part...listen to me...we will keep marrying igbo women. They are one of the best. They are brilliant. See...we will keep showing you Igbo men that most of you are a.ssholes. The ladies you don't even regard as legitimate children. You can kiss my butt.

1 Like

Re: South East Has The Highest Hypertension Patients - Nigerian Hypertension Society by MeineMutter: 10:24am On Dec 05, 2023
It is good to study this to know the root-cause.

Other than too much consumption of glutamate (seasonings) and salt, the pressure of wanting to make it in a family or among committee of friends, or the pressure of not wanting to be an outcast in something may be responsible.

Also foods and drinks being consumed in each region should be studied. Who knows….?

2 Likes

Re: South East Has The Highest Hypertension Patients - Nigerian Hypertension Society by Eriokanmi: 10:27am On Dec 05, 2023
Stop akpu and beer now!

2 Likes

Re: South East Has The Highest Hypertension Patients - Nigerian Hypertension Society by epainos: 10:28am On Dec 05, 2023
MightySparrow:

There is nothing wrong with igbos wanting to leave Nigeria. Maybe the agitation led to the rise of hypertension in the region.perhaps, igbos are the wrong people themselves.
Truly, your point is enough to give anyone hypertension. Lol. But i diasgree with the bolded part. God won't forgive me if I deny my best pals in Europe. They are from all tribes in Naija...but there is one guy...he is a professor now in Europe...he was the first i met. He was just God sent...and everyone who encountered him testified to Ikechi's kind heart. In fact, na we even made him turn against as.sholes who were trying to hurt him. Cos we cant afford then for anyone to pollute that guy. A blessing from above. Of course, Ali was another guy....even oyinbo dey bow for him...Ali my guy...and there is one yoruba nigga who was cool then.

No one is from wrong people. The generations before us were just as.sholes. Awolowo, Zik, and Balewa's set are the "wrongest" generation to pioneer anything. That generation is cursed.

3 Likes

Re: South East Has The Highest Hypertension Patients - Nigerian Hypertension Society by gratefulheart(m): 10:53am On Dec 05, 2023
This is the evidence why they always behave like miscreants

adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/SEast-has-highest-hypertension-patients-says-society

1 Like

Re: South East Has The Highest Hypertension Patients - Nigerian Hypertension Society by MightySparrow: 11:00am On Dec 05, 2023
epainos:

Truly, your point is enough to give anyone hypertension. Lol. But i diasgree with the bolded part. God won't forgive me if I deny my best pals in Europe. They are from all tribes in Naija...but there is one guy...he is a professor now in Europe...he was the first i met. He was just God sent...and everyone who encountered him testified to Ikechi's kind heart. In fact, na we even made him turn against as.sholes who were trying to hurt him. Cos we cant afford then for anyone to pollute that guy. A blessing from above. Of course, Ali was another guy....even oyinbo dey bow for him...Ali my guy...and there is one yoruba nigga who was cool then.

No one is from wrong people. The generations before us were just as.sholes. Awolowo, Zik, and Balewa's set are the "wrongest" generation to pioneer anything. That generation is cursed.

You are my guy. I don't hate igbos. I am a yoruba person from Ekiti,I have my children bearing Igbo names: Oyinyechi, Chimere, Tochukwu. I have met with some real personable igbos that influence the latter. But, igbos here play wrong politics. They abuse everything abuseable on the media.

The philosophy of Awolowo was a sectional one, it paid off. But, we need to get across for a better Nigeria. That is what Tinubu is doing. I expected Ngige and Amaechi to stick to their party no matter what. They defected.
To leave Nigeria is not easy. It cost Yoruba one of their foremost sons, MKO, to wrest power from the North.

Harassment and abuse and killing themselves will not surfice.

3 Likes

Re: South East Has The Highest Hypertension Patients - Nigerian Hypertension Society by BreakingNews21: 11:05am On Dec 05, 2023
Many ppl don't realize those Maggi seasoning cubes are made with very high mg. of sodium chloride- salt.
One has to ask himself/herself do I want good taste or good health.

1 Like

Re: South East Has The Highest Hypertension Patients - Nigerian Hypertension Society by Bashirkareem31: 11:07am On Dec 05, 2023
AntiChristian:
Racoon, Bobloco and those obi-dients...

Please don't argue with them o!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: South East Has The Highest Hypertension Patients - Nigerian Hypertension Society by BigIyanga: 11:22am On Dec 05, 2023
shortgun:
This is expected and it's largely due to the sedentary lifestyle of most people in the south east.

An igbo man above 35 will have boys to do everything for him....He's a king with male and female servants.
He goes to the shop whenever he likes, seats in his office, look at sales books and make business calls till evening when he meets with friends/associates for nkwobi and many bottles of buzz then goes home to download a big bowl of food prepared by madam. cheesy
He doesn't do much physical activity and doesn't exercise......

Tankio
Re: South East Has The Highest Hypertension Patients - Nigerian Hypertension Society by FreeStuffsNG: 11:23am On Dec 05, 2023
Re: South East Has The Highest Hypertension Patients - Nigerian Hypertension Society by Kingson28: 11:51am On Dec 05, 2023
You cannot be as lousy and noisy as people from that region and not have high blood pressure.
The analysis must be very correct.

5 Likes

Re: South East Has The Highest Hypertension Patients - Nigerian Hypertension Society by Gozac: 11:56am On Dec 05, 2023
Evergreen4:
They stress themselves too much in pursuit of money
You are very correct SE people are so obsessed with making money and getting other worldly possessions with the mindset of competition that's ravaging the psyche of the Igbos. We worry and complain about the high cost of living, government misrule more than any tribe in Nigeria. Always anxious of every thing and tomorrow, too bad indeed

1 Like

Re: South East Has The Highest Hypertension Patients - Nigerian Hypertension Society by kasim155: 12:13pm On Dec 05, 2023
perseverance101:
Rather than expressing gratitude to The Nigerian Hypertension Society for bringing to light the truth about the South-Eastern people bearing the highest burden of hypertension in the country, and thereby allowing for swift action to address this issue, most of you are choosing to play the hate card. SMH

That's what most of them do, assuming it was the SW region that was announced as the region with the highest hypertension rate who will see most of them from the SE region trooping out and raining causes on the SW region. Now that it is their region, you will not see them, the few that will come out will start to abuse the organizing body that conducts the survey.

1 Like

Re: South East Has The Highest Hypertension Patients - Nigerian Hypertension Society by drmuri(m): 12:42pm On Dec 05, 2023
When you hate others unduly, when you wish evil for your fatherland, when you spend the best part of your life scheming how to take over what was never yours, it undoubtedly will have heavy toil on your well being.
An average southeaster is unduly aggressive, rude hateful.
They should learn from our southwestern brothers, chillax love and accomodate others do owanbe once in a while. Things will be fine.
Hate does too much damage to the bearer

2 Likes

Re: South East Has The Highest Hypertension Patients - Nigerian Hypertension Society by highoctane: 12:45pm On Dec 05, 2023
AntiWailer:
Time to research the cause.

Are the foods too salty ? Etc

When we always chew bitter kola to avoid been or thought it neutralises poison ,how can one notice if his or her food is oversalted

Do they take too much alcohol ?

When most houses have beer drinking joint mostly owned by wifes of landlords of such houses from especially Onitsha, Aba, Enugu

Are there lifestyle things ?

When everyone want to live like the Joneses what do you expect?

This is what a proper society with youths that have heads will do and not just attack the people who gave the data.

Everything is not “We against the world”
Re: South East Has The Highest Hypertension Patients - Nigerian Hypertension Society by adecz: 12:51pm On Dec 05, 2023
They are thinking of how dem go
suffer once they get Biafra and Kanu
and IPOB take over their government
like Hamas in Palestine🇵🇸🇵🇸❗️❗️

1 Like

Re: South East Has The Highest Hypertension Patients - Nigerian Hypertension Society by fregeneh(m): 12:57pm On Dec 05, 2023
Irony1:

This statement of yours doesn't show you have brain. The statement from the doctor is just a write up showing statistical data, and again if you are wise enough you would see here that it is more due to diet, most of our soups are high in fatty acid content which leads to high cholesterol which is a factor in high BP
but the south east eat more of leaf than other regions in nigeria
Re: South East Has The Highest Hypertension Patients - Nigerian Hypertension Society by Jemex003: 1:05pm On Dec 05, 2023
adenigga:

You don’t need to tell us, We all know that for sure that’s why they attacked everyone online.
Re: South East Has The Highest Hypertension Patients - Nigerian Hypertension Society by YoungBlackRico(m): 1:07pm On Dec 05, 2023
horsepower102:
Basically the people with the most access to healthcare facilities.

Many don’t even have primary care centers in their vicinity to do health screenings
Why are you people this dumb? Bp check can literally be done in a 2by2 chemist shop. Heck you can even do it yourself with your kits. undecided e ponu sha...*shrugs*
Re: South East Has The Highest Hypertension Patients - Nigerian Hypertension Society by Jemex003: 1:07pm On Dec 05, 2023
DankemzI:
Na lie o! When you're over thinking about your containers at high sea why won't you be hypertensive

So na all of you own containers at the high sea? Jokers 😃
Re: South East Has The Highest Hypertension Patients - Nigerian Hypertension Society by damkin24(m): 1:10pm On Dec 05, 2023
ican2020:
Fake doctor you wake up this morning the first you remember is SE

You need a genuine doctor
A genuine doctor would say SW and am sure you will be happy about that even if the alleged doctor is a pry sch cert holder.
Re: South East Has The Highest Hypertension Patients - Nigerian Hypertension Society by adicius: 1:10pm On Dec 05, 2023
Na them again. If you are busy trafficking drugs every where, surely you would be stressed about getting caught, hence the high BP from them. Also being involved in nefarious activities giving them high BP. Awon Oloriburuku 😆
Re: South East Has The Highest Hypertension Patients - Nigerian Hypertension Society by Manpasman: 1:29pm On Dec 05, 2023
Food too much Isi ewu and beer without exercise and check up due to ignorance
Re: South East Has The Highest Hypertension Patients - Nigerian Hypertension Society by Kay25(m): 1:52pm On Dec 05, 2023
Dafresh:

Na even you way de expect miracle from a drug lord but got disappointed. No be Yoruba brought de statistics, that's what he supposed say
😂 He is a professional so he is doing his job and i believe if u are educated u know what statistics entails
Re: South East Has The Highest Hypertension Patients - Nigerian Hypertension Society by wingmanIII: 1:53pm On Dec 05, 2023
perseverance101:
Rather than expressing gratitude to The Nigerian Hypertension Society for bringing to light the truth about the South-Eastern people bearing the highest burden of hypertension in the country, and thereby allowing for swift action to address this issue, most of you are choosing to play the hate card. SMH
Complete trash! Who took the statistics
? Rubbish
Re: South East Has The Highest Hypertension Patients - Nigerian Hypertension Society by orisa37: 1:55pm On Dec 05, 2023
HardBishop:

jealous of who? if we dey our own, una go come;;;;

I am jealous of DESTINY ETIKO AND YUL EDOCHI.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pls How Can I Gain My Weight Back / Codeine: NAFDAC Closed Only One Of Our Production Lines, Emzor Reacts / Dr Chinenye Otorkpa, Federal Medical Center Lokoja's First Home Grown Fellow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.