Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,699 members, 7,816,857 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Codeine: NAFDAC Closed Only One Of Our Production Lines, Emzor Reacts - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Codeine: NAFDAC Closed Only One Of Our Production Lines, Emzor Reacts (16102 Views)

NAFDAC Seals Off Emzor Pharmaceuticals, Others Over Codeine Abuse / BBC: 'Sweet Sweet Codeine' - Nigeria’s Deadly Cough Syrup Epidemic Documentary / Video Of Emzor Sales Rep "Marketing" Codeine To Undercover Reporters From BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Codeine: NAFDAC Closed Only One Of Our Production Lines, Emzor Reacts by freakyamanda(f): 5:45pm On May 08, 2018
Emzor pharmaceuticals have reacted to the closure of production sites by the National Agency for Food and Administrative Control, NAFDAC.

“NAFDAC have only temporarily sealed one of Emzor’s production sites, the liquid line. The rest of Emzor is still operating as normal. On Wednesday the 2nd of May NAFDAC inspected one of our production sites where Emzor continues to make good quality affordable medicines for the Nigerian public and the products are still available to buy. We believe in Emzor Wellocracy, unlimited wellness available to all and affordable by all.

On Monday the 7th of May, NAFDAC sealed the inspected site without giving us a reason nor an explanation of what the violation of the Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) Code was and it will be wrong for us to speculate as to the reason why.

On Wednesday the 2nd of May NAFDAC inspected one of our production sites where Emzolyn with Codeine was made. They were given full access and our complete cooperation, with no issues raised at the time.

Source: http://www.todaysecho.com/codeine-nafdac-closed-only-one-of-our-production-lines-emzor-reacts/

Re: Codeine: NAFDAC Closed Only One Of Our Production Lines, Emzor Reacts by atesunate16(m): 7:09pm On May 08, 2018
During the inspection, they took 5 bottles each, hence the reaction.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Codeine: NAFDAC Closed Only One Of Our Production Lines, Emzor Reacts by javalady(f): 8:19pm On May 08, 2018
Knee jack reaction as usual
Re: Codeine: NAFDAC Closed Only One Of Our Production Lines, Emzor Reacts by OboOlora(f): 7:33am On May 09, 2018
Thought as much, Sandra Okoli is nafdac and nafdac is Sandra Okoli...

1 Like

Re: Codeine: NAFDAC Closed Only One Of Our Production Lines, Emzor Reacts by carpmam: 7:33am On May 09, 2018
I said it yesterday that nafdac died with Dora akunyili,another cough epidermic loading

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Codeine: NAFDAC Closed Only One Of Our Production Lines, Emzor Reacts by NwaAmaikpe: 7:33am On May 09, 2018
shocked

Nigerians are fools.
The Nigerian Medical Association are cowards.
Nobody should call me when there is a cough epidemic.

I am not an addict,
I am not a drug abuser and I have never been one.
But I have once relied on a codeine based syrup to cure a terrible cough.

Does the government know just how many people will suffer if this drug is banned?
No one throws the bad baby with the bathwater.

Folks inhale petrol or methylated spirit, does that mean we should also shutdown the refinery?
Shame on Nigeria.

Too much sense wee not kee me sha but will this production line have been shutdown if it was owned by a Musa, Ahmed, Yahaya or a Muhammad?

Dangote trucks have killed more Nigerians yet not one of his factory has been closed.
FRSC would have probably banned the transportation of cement by trucks and road if it was owned by an Easterner.

164 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Codeine: NAFDAC Closed Only One Of Our Production Lines, Emzor Reacts by firstolalekan(m): 7:34am On May 09, 2018
sad

NAFDAC yav spoilt parolz for boys.

Especially those awusa-Fulani people shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Codeine: NAFDAC Closed Only One Of Our Production Lines, Emzor Reacts by firstolalekan(m): 7:34am On May 09, 2018
All these ignoramus...

So codeine based drugs are the only drugs that can be used to treat cough??
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Nigerians are fools.

I am not an addict,

Does the government know just how many people will suffer if this drug is banned?

Folks inhale petrol or methylated spirit, does that mean we should also shutdown the refinery?
Shame on Nigeria.

Too much sense wee not kee me sha.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Codeine: NAFDAC Closed Only One Of Our Production Lines, Emzor Reacts by drunkpunk(m): 7:34am On May 09, 2018
Game on... we must pap lyn

3 Likes

Re: Codeine: NAFDAC Closed Only One Of Our Production Lines, Emzor Reacts by martineverest(m): 7:34am On May 09, 2018
as if they never knew their official was selling it illegally for the company's benefit.

didn't BBC report the official to the company managers?.they kept quiet until the documentary was released

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Codeine: NAFDAC Closed Only One Of Our Production Lines, Emzor Reacts by micgray100(m): 7:35am On May 09, 2018
Naija... See my signature for company incorporation...
Re: Codeine: NAFDAC Closed Only One Of Our Production Lines, Emzor Reacts by drunkpunk(m): 7:35am On May 09, 2018
Emzor 1 - 0 NAFDAC

12 Likes

Re: Codeine: NAFDAC Closed Only One Of Our Production Lines, Emzor Reacts by kingarizona1(m): 7:35am On May 09, 2018
Bad market.... And the rest in the market will be very expensive

1 Like

Re: Codeine: NAFDAC Closed Only One Of Our Production Lines, Emzor Reacts by Whogoblog: 7:35am On May 09, 2018
grin
Re: Codeine: NAFDAC Closed Only One Of Our Production Lines, Emzor Reacts by Nobody: 7:35am On May 09, 2018
I thought I had something to say but I don't.... lemme just go back to bed
Re: Codeine: NAFDAC Closed Only One Of Our Production Lines, Emzor Reacts by jmoore(m): 7:36am On May 09, 2018
Smh.

Codeine is available in UK.
The ban by NAFDAC is nonsensical.
The alternative to codeine, dextromethorphan is addictive too.
The handlers of this case have proven to be incompetent.

Why not ban alcohol because some people abuse it?
BBC aired a documentary, and some folks decided to ban a substance, while the same substance can still be obtained in UK where BBC operates from.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Codeine: NAFDAC Closed Only One Of Our Production Lines, Emzor Reacts by awa(m): 7:37am On May 09, 2018
Who ask your people Emzor....we Nigerians know NAFDAC is just reactionary agency at this time
Re: Codeine: NAFDAC Closed Only One Of Our Production Lines, Emzor Reacts by darocha1: 7:37am On May 09, 2018
slow down on a codeine diet

4 Likes

Re: Codeine: NAFDAC Closed Only One Of Our Production Lines, Emzor Reacts by rahl12(m): 7:37am On May 09, 2018
Please nairalanders, I need a job. I am a graduate of mechanical engineering. I am a serving in kwara state, will be passing out at the beginning of next month. Please I need your help as I am willing to work in any film within or outside the state. Please help a brother. I have experience in operation various of machines.

PLEASE HELP BROTHER HERE.

HERE IS MY EMAIL: robert11marshall@gmail.comPlease nairalanders, I need a job. I am a graduate of mechanical engineering. I am a serving in kwara state, will be passing out at the beginning of next month. Please I need your help as I am willing to work in any film within or outside the state. Please help a brother. I have experience in operation various of machines.

HERE IS MY EMAIL: robert11marshall@gmail.com
Please nairalanders, I need a job. I am a graduate of mechanical engineering. I am a serving in kwara state, will be passing out at the beginning of next month. Please I need your help as I am willing to work in any film within or outside the state. Please help a brother. I have experience in operation various of machines.

HERE IS MY EMAIL: robert11marshall@gmail.com
Re: Codeine: NAFDAC Closed Only One Of Our Production Lines, Emzor Reacts by Nairalandmentor(m): 7:38am On May 09, 2018
grin
Re: Codeine: NAFDAC Closed Only One Of Our Production Lines, Emzor Reacts by HerXLNC(f): 7:38am On May 09, 2018
Watch science student comw here to defend rubbish

Check my signature and avoid paying more

1 Like

Re: Codeine: NAFDAC Closed Only One Of Our Production Lines, Emzor Reacts by error4040: 7:38am On May 09, 2018
angry NIGERIA is just a Failed NATION!!! So because BBC reported Rubbish NAFDAC started acting DEA bullsh1t forgeting that UK/USA have the highest Rate of PURPDRANK,ESCATSY Abuse and yet they Did not ban BuLLSH1t. What a Shiiiiiithole of a Country indeed.

11 Likes

Re: Codeine: NAFDAC Closed Only One Of Our Production Lines, Emzor Reacts by stubbornman(m): 7:39am On May 09, 2018
Nothing can bring Emzor down.....no big company without a big scandal , this is really a trying time for them.

So because gold circle dey sell condom dem go come tell you say make you no go 7 rounds

8 Likes

Re: Codeine: NAFDAC Closed Only One Of Our Production Lines, Emzor Reacts by AgricStore: 7:39am On May 09, 2018
Different stories and angles everyday.

How does one discern the truth when each news is a personal opinion.
Which way Naija?
Re: Codeine: NAFDAC Closed Only One Of Our Production Lines, Emzor Reacts by jkaro(m): 7:39am On May 09, 2018
well-done nafdac.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Codeine: NAFDAC Closed Only One Of Our Production Lines, Emzor Reacts by Viking007(m): 7:39am On May 09, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Nigerians are fools.

I am not an addict,

Folks inhale petrol or methylated spirit, does that mean we should shutdown the refinery?
Shame on Nigeria.

Too much sense wee not kee me sha.
But your comments on nairaland reeks of someone high on codeine. undecided

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Codeine: NAFDAC Closed Only One Of Our Production Lines, Emzor Reacts by Emmybriann(m): 7:40am On May 09, 2018
Na so

Re: Codeine: NAFDAC Closed Only One Of Our Production Lines, Emzor Reacts by payvibes(m): 7:40am On May 09, 2018
chaiiii our tutolin them prices don skyrocket again
Re: Codeine: NAFDAC Closed Only One Of Our Production Lines, Emzor Reacts by Offpoint: 7:41am On May 09, 2018
Re: Codeine: NAFDAC Closed Only One Of Our Production Lines, Emzor Reacts by iHart(m): 7:41am On May 09, 2018
they don't even have to shutdown a whole production line because of one product!
Re: Codeine: NAFDAC Closed Only One Of Our Production Lines, Emzor Reacts by Nobody: 7:42am On May 09, 2018
i think Nigeria or is it NAfDAC has just shot themselves on the foot. let's see how nigerians will survive without Emzor. grin

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

LIVING With SCD(Sickle Cell Disease). / Obesity-related Diseases Among Top Three Killers In Most Countries - World Bank / Dr Chinenye Otorkpa, Federal Medical Center Lokoja's First Home Grown Fellow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.