Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

NLC: Next Minimum Wage Will Be Based On Cost Of Living - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC: Next Minimum Wage Will Be Based On Cost Of Living (15744 Views)

Tinubu: New Minimum Wage Will Be Fair, Implementable / My Cabinet Will Be Based On Merit And National Spread- Buhari / ‘N50,000 Minimum Wage Will Cripple Nigeria Economy’ - Olorunnimbe Farukanmi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC: Next Minimum Wage Will Be Based On Cost Of Living by shiki(m): 1:36pm On Dec 05, 2023
Re: NLC: Next Minimum Wage Will Be Based On Cost Of Living by atobs4real(m): 1:36pm On Dec 05, 2023
That's is measurable and realistic.
Every thing should be based on the recent happenings to the highcost of living
Better.
Re: NLC: Next Minimum Wage Will Be Based On Cost Of Living by saysoo: 1:38pm On Dec 05, 2023
Fools. How do you measure the cost of living?
Re: NLC: Next Minimum Wage Will Be Based On Cost Of Living by VaginaAcademic: 1:43pm On Dec 05, 2023
As it should. Businesses are raising the cost of goods and services but salary has been stagnant since the inception of inflation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC: Next Minimum Wage Will Be Based On Cost Of Living by RepoMan007: 1:51pm On Dec 05, 2023
We are used to faking productivity while chasing money foolishly. Asides educators, what are the civil servants producing that they expect increase in pay for?
Re: NLC: Next Minimum Wage Will Be Based On Cost Of Living by Ojuntana: 2:07pm On Dec 05, 2023
LeoDeKing:
NLC is now a weak organisation, unlike during the time of Adams Oshiomole.

Even the 35k that was used to calm them down, I understand govt refused to pay. And here they are, dreaming of salary on the basis of cost of living.
And if they want to protest, you'll call them ipob
Re: NLC: Next Minimum Wage Will Be Based On Cost Of Living by Ojuntana: 2:12pm On Dec 05, 2023
MT:
Ajaero is due for second beating by technical knockout for giving Nigerians false hope
What false hope did he give Nigerians

He's not the one who promised to renew hope na
Re: NLC: Next Minimum Wage Will Be Based On Cost Of Living by Evolutionism: 2:12pm On Dec 05, 2023
These Nuisance are still existing lolgrin
Re: NLC: Next Minimum Wage Will Be Based On Cost Of Living by PHAYOL81: 2:14pm On Dec 05, 2023
Okay
Re: NLC: Next Minimum Wage Will Be Based On Cost Of Living by Fatbam005: 2:28pm On Dec 05, 2023
Very weak organization. Tueeeh
Re: NLC: Next Minimum Wage Will Be Based On Cost Of Living by NJV: 2:47pm On Dec 05, 2023
What happened to the 6 months 35k palliative? It was paid in October and since then nothing. God help Nigerians in these trying times o.
Re: NLC: Next Minimum Wage Will Be Based On Cost Of Living by MrBONE2(m): 2:58pm On Dec 05, 2023
MT:
Ajaero is due for second beating by technical knockout for giving Nigerians false hope

grin

Re: NLC: Next Minimum Wage Will Be Based On Cost Of Living by Obviouslyblunt: 3:01pm On Dec 05, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Even the 35k that was used to calm them down, I understand govt refused to pay. And here they are, dreaming of salary on the basis of cost of living.
and why should salaries be on the basis of cost of living?
Re: NLC: Next Minimum Wage Will Be Based On Cost Of Living by Benwallt(m): 3:20pm On Dec 05, 2023
Where is Joe Ajaero?
Re: NLC: Next Minimum Wage Will Be Based On Cost Of Living by Sholaco: 3:25pm On Dec 05, 2023
This unreliable political party 😩
Re: NLC: Next Minimum Wage Will Be Based On Cost Of Living by iammolise(m): 3:37pm On Dec 05, 2023
emmyN:
1. A minimum wage less than 100k is not realistic.

2. There is hardly anyone enforcing the minimum wage in the private sector, so this may not even benefit a vast majority of people.

When there are no regulatory bureau that'll honestly checkmate these private sectors/ companies, they'll only come to collect "egunje" to share with their masters and business continues as usual. Even this minimum wage talk sef personally I think it's just audio talk, e no go get head bet am🤌
Re: NLC: Next Minimum Wage Will Be Based On Cost Of Living by Levels1(m): 3:39pm On Dec 05, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Unfortunate for you, they have been receiving it.

1 Like

Re: NLC: Next Minimum Wage Will Be Based On Cost Of Living by jojothaiv(m): 4:09pm On Dec 05, 2023
But life is bearable for the political class...
Re: NLC: Next Minimum Wage Will Be Based On Cost Of Living by rolams(m): 4:42pm On Dec 05, 2023
These useless body again!
Re: NLC: Next Minimum Wage Will Be Based On Cost Of Living by seguno2: 4:51pm On Dec 05, 2023
ijustdey:
•Says life now unbearable for workers

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/12/05/nlc-next-minimum-wage-will-be-based-on-cost-of-living

Wrong rationale. Very wrong.

It should be based on what politicians are getting in total package of salaries, allowances and benefits in kind. What is the value added to the country of a senator compared to a doctor? What should be the doctor’s total package compared to the senator
Re: NLC: Next Minimum Wage Will Be Based On Cost Of Living by OtunbaJ: 5:56pm On Dec 05, 2023
Splitmind:
NLC is very foolish and greedy they have increased the minimum wage enough, we can't be wasting our precious resources on frivolities.
when a fool talk, what do u expect
Re: NLC: Next Minimum Wage Will Be Based On Cost Of Living by Adeneeyee84: 6:16pm On Dec 05, 2023
This Ajaero is indirectly working for this APC government against the NLC...
Re: NLC: Next Minimum Wage Will Be Based On Cost Of Living by livebullet(m): 6:39pm On Dec 05, 2023
Normally this man is an empty talker.. just like his immediate predecessor. Anything besides Oshiobaba is far from labour leadership.
Re: NLC: Next Minimum Wage Will Be Based On Cost Of Living by hegelian: 6:41pm On Dec 05, 2023
LeoDeKing:

If they had continue with the strike and strong head, it's still people like you that will call them names, abuse them just because of politics.. Make we continue na we all go still suffer am
Re: NLC: Next Minimum Wage Will Be Based On Cost Of Living by damkin24(m): 7:51pm On Dec 05, 2023
SadiqBabaSani:
Where is the 35k They promised you guys, una don get am. Make una better go learn digital skill take dey earn if not, Tinubu government go show uja shege
We have received it yes September, October and November
Re: NLC: Next Minimum Wage Will Be Based On Cost Of Living by 316merit: 9:48pm On Dec 05, 2023
Honestly, a realistic Minimum Wage for a modest family of 2kids should be nothing less than ₦120k.Honestly, a realistic Minimum Wage for a modest family of 2kids should be nothing less than ₦120k....
Re: NLC: Next Minimum Wage Will Be Based On Cost Of Living by IndexMode: 10:21am On Dec 06, 2023
Minimum wage in the private sector cannot be enforced.

If it is set as 100k. I can talk to my drivers - that I can only pay 70k or they have to go. I expect some to agree based personal terms.
So also instances where 50, 40k is offered.

A lot is informal
Re: NLC: Next Minimum Wage Will Be Based On Cost Of Living by Foodqueen(f): 7:01am On Dec 08, 2023
IndexMode:
Minimum wage in the private sector cannot be enforced.

If it is set as 100k. I can talk to my drivers - that I can only pay 70k or they have to go. I expect some to agree based personal terms.
So also instances where 50, 40k is offered.

A lot is informal

U mailed me. Talk here

(1) (2) (Reply)

53 Commissioners, Others Resign In States As Buhari’s Ministers Stay Put / Reps Have A Genuine Case To Impeach GEJ - PDP / FG Announces Dates For Ocholi's Funeral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.