Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,922 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Reps Have A Genuine Case To Impeach GEJ - PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Have A Genuine Case To Impeach GEJ - PDP (15741 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu To Remain In ThePrison As FG Seeks To Transfer Case To Another Court / PDP Conspiring With Reps To Impeach GEJ - S’South Leaders / Why Senate Should Impeach GEJ – Melaye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reps Have A Genuine Case To Impeach GEJ - PDP by LocalChamp: 10:30pm On Jul 26, 2012
Impeachment Threat: Reps Have Genuine Grievance Against Jonathan, Says PDP
Posted: July 26, 2012 - 19:51
By SaharaReporters, New York

In a stunning move, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has admitted that members of the House of Representatives, including its majority PDP members, have a genuine case for threatening to impeach President Goodluck Jonathan, but that the party would protect his job.

Speaking today on behalf of the National Working Committee (NWC), the Deputy National Chairman, Dr. Sam Jaja, said the President has been making errors that ought to have him impeached, but that the party would intervene to ensure he is not removed from office prematurely.

Dr. Jaja was quick to warn, however, that although the House is dominated by the PDP, it would not force its decision on the House.

“Many of them (in the House) are PDP people, I agreed, but they have their grievances,” he said. “We will not also say that [just because] they are PDP people of course we will lord it over them, this thing must be attended diplomatically, so that wherever anybody has gone wrong it will be sorted out and eventually this storm will definitely die down.”

The Deputy National Chairman, who got his moment in the sun because the party is trying to shield its chairman, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, from public embarrassment occasioned by his son’s involvement in the ongoing oil subsidy prosecution, tried to set things in perspective.

“It is not [true] that they [Representatives] are not making any sense,” he admitted. “It is not also [untrue] that the President is making error that requires impeachment. At times we gloat [over] these things, but the party has set up machineries to look into all the grievances of the members of the National Assembly and what is the position of the President.”

He said he believed that there are areas for both sides to meet and resolve the issue in the interest of democracy in the country.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/impeachment-threat-reps-have-genuine-grievance-against-jonathan-says-pdp
Re: Reps Have A Genuine Case To Impeach GEJ - PDP by Acidosis(m): 10:40pm On Jul 26, 2012
''Abegii''
Re: Reps Have A Genuine Case To Impeach GEJ - PDP by Beaf: 10:44pm On Jul 26, 2012
“It is not [true] that they [Representatives] are not making any sense,” he admitted. “It is not also [untrue] that the President is making error that requires impeachment. At times we gloat [over] these things, but the party has set up machineries to look into all the grievances of the members of the National Assembly and what is the position of the President.”

OP, e be like say you and English get problem! Lol!

I hereby translate the above quote into pidgin English for your consumption: cool

Di reps get right to ask di kueshion when dem de ask. But to talk say any agro dem get wit GEJ fit make dem threaten impeachment? Usai! Dat one na big lie! If di reps get any quarell wit GEJ, e beta make dem talk to PDP, den PDP go approach di President for dem.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Have A Genuine Case To Impeach GEJ - PDP by jmaine: 10:57pm On Jul 26, 2012
Beaf:

I hereby translate the above quote into pidgin English for your consumption: cool

Di reps get right to ask di kueshion when dem de ask. But to talk say any agro dem get wit GEJ fit make dem threaten impeachment?[size=18pt] Usai[/size]! Dat one na big lie! If di reps get any quarell wit GEJ, e beta make dem talk to PDP, den PDP go approach di President for dem.

1 Like

Re: Reps Have A Genuine Case To Impeach GEJ - PDP by Kobojunkie: 12:48am On Jul 27, 2012
Well, it would be awesome to see how they vote on this eventually.

1 Like

Re: Reps Have A Genuine Case To Impeach GEJ - PDP by 2mch(m): 12:51am On Jul 27, 2012
Rotflmao. Even pdp dey vex. Jona and his gang of female thieves and begining to overdo. When pdp tire for you, you know its over. Their threshold is very high

1 Like

Re: Reps Have A Genuine Case To Impeach GEJ - PDP by Kobojunkie: 12:57am On Jul 27, 2012
^^ Wait till they get their "package", then you go see the kin ABOUT-TURN we go happen then. No be Nigerians we dey deal with again? undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Reps Have A Genuine Case To Impeach GEJ - PDP by Nobody: 1:04am On Jul 27, 2012
Abbbeeeegggggggg!!!!!!!!!!
Let them stop making noise jare!
Re: Reps Have A Genuine Case To Impeach GEJ - PDP by maclatunji: 6:30am On Jul 27, 2012
Funny thread.
Re: Reps Have A Genuine Case To Impeach GEJ - PDP by Murphy7h4: 6:43am On Jul 27, 2012
Thanks a lot
Re: Reps Have A Genuine Case To Impeach GEJ - PDP by henzly(m): 9:29am On Jul 27, 2012
no wa...cunny man die,na cunny man go bury am... wink
Re: Reps Have A Genuine Case To Impeach GEJ - PDP by strangest(m): 10:01am On Jul 27, 2012
If the story is anything to go with then I believe the pdp stakeholders are just against GEJ for trying to expose them and their subsidy theft. At this moment I will advise that everyone should gather and show support for GEJ because he may be forced by these pdp stakeholders and embezzlers to dance to their tunes and this I believe is the reason why they want to support the impeachment move.

10 Likes

Re: Reps Have A Genuine Case To Impeach GEJ - PDP by Tintinix: 10:05am On Jul 27, 2012
I read this report and i am like waoh!!! If this is for real then i think we have to intensify our support for our President. For PDP to have made this comment then matters are hitting home!

2 Likes

Re: Reps Have A Genuine Case To Impeach GEJ - PDP by talktrue1(m): 10:07am On Jul 27, 2012
The fear of news from sahara reporters is the beginning of wisdom

1 Like

Re: Reps Have A Genuine Case To Impeach GEJ - PDP by lafuria1(m): 10:07am On Jul 27, 2012
the story na wash.
Re: Reps Have A Genuine Case To Impeach GEJ - PDP by ifihearam: 10:09am On Jul 27, 2012
I reserve my comment

1 Like

Re: Reps Have A Genuine Case To Impeach GEJ - PDP by miteolu(m): 10:09am On Jul 27, 2012
Deuxièmement, j'estime qu'il n'est pas non plus sensé d'étudier d'ores et déjà les budgets précis à l'apprentissage.
Re: Reps Have A Genuine Case To Impeach GEJ - PDP by Elueme: 10:11am On Jul 27, 2012
Who be dis jaja Sam sef? Bros easy o.. Let bros Jona do him work... Them go prosecute una children wen don steal us dry including Oando wen Tinu...b. own
Re: Reps Have A Genuine Case To Impeach GEJ - PDP by dtemidare: 10:12am On Jul 27, 2012
PHEE DEE PHEE. share the money. when GEJ is reluctant to share the money and ready to expose them they now say the House of Representatheives have a strong case or rather a genuine reason to impeach him. I wonder what examples these PDP members exhibit in their homes. probably teaching their children how to steal like Bamangar Tukur etc.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Have A Genuine Case To Impeach GEJ - PDP by Super1759: 10:13am On Jul 27, 2012
nonsense,i perceive that this people(pdp looters) there ynash is about to be exposed soon they wana stop gej.
Re: Reps Have A Genuine Case To Impeach GEJ - PDP by idirect(m): 10:13am On Jul 27, 2012
Story story sad

1 Like

Re: Reps Have A Genuine Case To Impeach GEJ - PDP by naptu2: 10:13am On Jul 27, 2012
Remove the words in bracket (particularly the "untrue" part) to get the real meaning of what was said.

Re: Reps Have A Genuine Case To Impeach GEJ - PDP by ayox2003: 10:14am On Jul 27, 2012
talk true: The fear of news from sahara reporters is the beginning of wisdom

Its on all dailies.

Frawzey

1 Like

Re: Reps Have A Genuine Case To Impeach GEJ - PDP by bubadaniel13: 10:14am On Jul 27, 2012
This our press people na scam oh,see how them turn this story,wicked people dey wey no want see naija better,God go catch them one by one.
Re: Reps Have A Genuine Case To Impeach GEJ - PDP by megxo(m): 10:15am On Jul 27, 2012
IZ DIA PART 2 TO DIS MOVIE?? NONSENSE.............ALL OF EM DE CWAZE
Re: Reps Have A Genuine Case To Impeach GEJ - PDP by dtemidare: 10:18am On Jul 27, 2012
Far from politics theses people are first candidates for HELL FIRE[b][/b] thats if they believe it exist. Probably they also feel they will bribe there way through and secure bail where necessary. thieves. Bamangar also did same for his son.

1 Like

Re: Reps Have A Genuine Case To Impeach GEJ - PDP by chidexy(m): 10:18am On Jul 27, 2012
ayox2003:

Its on all dailies.

Frawzey

It's on all dailies but reported differently. The quote from Sahara Reporters assigned to Jaja isn't accurate. I just listened to his comments on Channels TV
Re: Reps Have A Genuine Case To Impeach GEJ - PDP by alaoeri: 10:22am On Jul 27, 2012
The only solution to 9ja problem is intellectual revolution, chai the system don over decay.
Re: Reps Have A Genuine Case To Impeach GEJ - PDP by naptu2: 10:26am On Jul 27, 2012
If you read what's written and remove the words in brackets (which were inserted by Sahara Reporters) all the man is saying is neither GEJ nor The House of Reps are to blame, but the party will mediate in the matter.

3 Likes

Re: Reps Have A Genuine Case To Impeach GEJ - PDP by Omen100(m): 10:28am On Jul 27, 2012
Beaf:

Di reps get right to ask di kueshion when dem de ask. But to talk say any agro dem get wit GEJ fit make dem threaten impeachment? Usai! Dat one na big lie! If di reps get any quarell wit GEJ, e beta make dem talk to PDP, den PDP go approach di President for dem.

beaf u dey here? dem dey use u take dey rob ground 4 d other thread, 1 lady say she won join una 40men laptop crew ooo, but beaf u know say i b ur broda shall,i know ur family company 4 sapele, along Ole road, u know say u dey very greed shall, why una go employ only 40 men laptop crew, wey men dey here dey rust. angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Reps Have A Genuine Case To Impeach GEJ - PDP by LailaIkeji1: 10:28am On Jul 27, 2012
Beaf:

Beaf, o myyyy!!!! U r Sooo naughtyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy in the most beautifulest way. lwkmd here oo!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Reps Have A Genuine Case To Impeach GEJ - PDP by nomshu(m): 10:30am On Jul 27, 2012
This saraha news dey always get faults news wooh. The more we fear there news the better our life. God abeg help us!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. / 2019: ‘not Too Young To Run’ Bill Scales Through 21 States Assemblies (names) / Ondo Youths Shut Down Akeredolu’s Office, Protest 'Diversion Of Funds'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.