Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,067 members, 7,814,685 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

NNPC Chief Is A Fraud - Fake Credential? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Chief Is A Fraud - Fake Credential? (13417 Views)

Ex-nnpc Chief: Jonathan’s Govt Blew N2.2b On Prayers / Compare And Contrast_which Service Chief Is More Competent? / Imf Chief Is The Victim Of Cia's Operation "gallic Black Hole" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

NNPC Chief Is A Fraud - Fake Credential? by auwal87(m): 10:33am On Oct 31, 2011
Austen Oniwon is a fraud!

A fellow of the Nigerian Society of Chemical Engineers, FNSChE, Oniwon holds a BSc (Hons) in Chemistry from the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. He also holds a Diploma in Business Management from the prestigious Harvard University, USA and Diploma Petroleum Management from Oxford University, UK.

1. Havard University does not offer any Diploma in Business Management program.

2. Oxford University does not offer any Diploma in Petroleum Management (I confirmed this myself) and their answer was simple "no we do not have any program in Petroleum Management".

http://www.nnpcgroup.com/PublicRelations/NNPCinthenews/tabid/92/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/52/EngrAusten-Oniwon-is-New-GMD-of-NNPC.aspx

1 Like

Re: NNPC Chief Is A Fraud - Fake Credential? by auwal87(m): 10:52am On Oct 31, 2011

This man
Re: NNPC Chief Is A Fraud - Fake Credential? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:56am On Oct 31, 2011
@Op take ya time ooh no pour sand for my garri. abi dem send you  angry  grin

I think Americans refer to Degrees loosely as Diplomas - but you fit check your sources to confirm since you are in touch
Re: NNPC Chief Is A Fraud - Fake Credential? by auwal87(m): 11:00am On Oct 31, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

@Op take ya time ooh no pour sand for my garri. abi dem send you angry grin

Do you know any authority to report this?
Re: NNPC Chief Is A Fraud - Fake Credential? by auwal87(m): 11:04am On Oct 31, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

@Op take ya time ooh no pour sand for my garri. abi dem send you  angry  grin

Do you know any authority to report this?
Re: NNPC Chief Is A Fraud - Fake Credential? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:07am On Oct 31, 2011
In Harvard parlance it is called a B.A Degree Diploma The Word Diploma is the actual Paper Certificate given to you not a Study Classification

[url]http://harvardmagazine.com/2001/07/the-ba-diploma-from-a-to.html
[/url]

[url]http://www.hbs.edu/mba/registrar/alumni/alumni-diplomas.html
[/url]
Re: NNPC Chief Is A Fraud - Fake Credential? by auwal87(m): 11:11am On Oct 31, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

In Harvard parlance it is called a B.A Degree Diploma The Word Diploma is the actual Paper Certificate given to you not a Study Classification

[url]http://harvardmagazine.com/2001/07/the-ba-diploma-from-a-to.html
[/url]

[url]http://www.hbs.edu/mba/registrar/alumni/alumni-diplomas.html
[/url]

Lol, I know that already, the whole Havard have no program title like Business Management.
Re: NNPC Chief Is A Fraud - Fake Credential? by ruledworld: 11:18am On Oct 31, 2011
This Na true, I confirmed this shocked

Naija ooo

Faking credentials to become NNPC Chief
Re: NNPC Chief Is A Fraud - Fake Credential? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:29am On Oct 31, 2011
ruledworld:

This Na true, I confirmed this shocked

Naija ooo

Faking credentials to become NNPC Chief

How exactly did you confirm this - please I also need to know since it is [b]rumored [/b]that Fashola SAN has a fake SAN certificate. Please show us how you get your confirmations
Re: NNPC Chief Is A Fraud - Fake Credential? by realwolf: 11:46am On Oct 31, 2011
This is already popping on twitter,

@lagerwhenindoubt, I think you may be lazy to confirm. Call Havard and Oxford, or send them an email, requesting information about those programs, they will tell you they don't have them. In addition, their websites have 0 information about the programs Oniwon claimed to have.

Very surprising indeed! It is Nigeria after all, everything can work!
Re: NNPC Chief Is A Fraud - Fake Credential? by Demdem(m): 12:15pm On Oct 31, 2011
Won't be surprise if true. They are many like that in govt. That custom guy who has fake and forge cert, nothin has happened to him till date.
Re: NNPC Chief Is A Fraud - Fake Credential? by realwolf: 12:18pm On Oct 31, 2011
Demdem:

Won't be surprise if true. They are many like that in govt. That custom guy who has fake and forge cert, nothin has happened to him till date.

It is so sad this is happening in our country.
Re: NNPC Chief Is A Fraud - Fake Credential? by auwal87(m): 12:34pm On Oct 31, 2011
I got banned because of posting this truth.

What happened to the Freedom of Information Act?
Re: NNPC Chief Is A Fraud - Fake Credential? by musiwa43: 12:41pm On Oct 31, 2011
i dont know if this is a fraud, but over here they call certificate as diploma.

And harvard may have cancelled the program. So call harvard and find out.

Look having a PHD does not mean you have experience. Why do you think Prof Nnaji have not been able to solve the problem in Nigeria electricity. It is because he has PHD and lack experience to fix it. You see in Nigeria people with PHD do not have practical experience. I am speaking the truth.   What have taken now over 50 years to fix by nigeria PHD in electricity, I can tell you the solution because i once worked in a network environment.

So prof nnaji experience have not be useful. Oniwon reason for a certificate course may be because he lived abroad. even many year ago there was no master degree in IT abroad. most of the book in IT were written by people without master degree in IT or software. Most early people in IT only have certificate or diploma in the 90's and 80's. you can ask or verify this. and over here. It is hard to get a job with a PHD, if you dont get in the university. they will tell you, you are over qualified. It may be his reason. That why most nigerian with PHD drive taxi abroad. they cant find work. The academic field is filled up.  And they have loan to pay. it is not as easy as you people think in Nigeria.

So not to be turn down by employer as been too over qualified many job seekers go for certificate after graduating.  Even over here many of the white people do the same. Many african who end up having PHD and cant find job blame white people, calling them racist. and all form of name. They assume that abroad is nigeria. where paper qualification is big the only way. Over here experience is Number 1.   

Nobody will employ someone with no experience but many certificate over here over someone with experience. The first question they ask you. Do you have experience. ? if  the other man have experience, with less certificate. He get the job. And african over here call it racism. put yourself in the shoe of the employer. If he employ you. he will pay more for your PHD, even while you are useless to his company. while the man with experience with little certificate can do something for the growth of his company.

So the white man would not employ you over experience.   that why many nigerian with PHD run back home. not that abroad is totally bad. but they have loan to pay and no job.

who would want to live this picture for nigeria. except there is something wrong.
when you tell new nigerian the truth. they dont want to believe you.

i saw a wwhite lady some days ago with two degree , no job,  and she is now going back getting a certificate that can make her own business.  You have to understand , we are in a different society and their needs is different from nigeria. but nigerian assume it is the same.  and they claim racism for it.

even if you have a PHD and got a job teaching in the university, will you feed your family with 6 hours a week  teaching job.  you will be lucky to get 6 hours. go and find out.

Re: NNPC Chief Is A Fraud - Fake Credential? by auwal87(m): 12:56pm On Oct 31, 2011
musiwa,,.:

i dont if this is a fraud, but over here they call certificate as diploma.

Lol, you also do not get it, I know about the educational systems of UK and US, and I know what they call them, the issue is, whatever name you choose to call it, Petroleum Management and Business Management is not offered in those Universities he claimed to obtain them from.

Not a Diploma, not a Certificate, not a Bachelor, not a Master, all not offered.

The college of petroleum studies does not even exist in Oxford which the guy claimed to have studied in.
Re: NNPC Chief Is A Fraud - Fake Credential? by chy101: 1:16pm On Oct 31, 2011
When will Yorubas stop this barbarism and rascality, this is as a result of this oluwole fake free education given to them by that hack awaloawo. Always giving Nigeria bad records.
Re: NNPC Chief Is A Fraud - Fake Credential? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 31, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

How exactly did you confirm this -  please I also need to know since it is rumored that Fashola SAN has a fake SAN certificate. Please show us how you get your confirmations
Must you people politicize every issue to make sense always ? Where did you get this rumour about fashola from even when the guy doesn't even hide it ? There was never any rumour about fashola SAN,it's just one of your conjectures to ridicule the crediblity of the OP thread.nawao
Re: NNPC Chief Is A Fraud - Fake Credential? by doctokwus: 1:18pm On Oct 31, 2011
These are grave allegations which if confirmed will b shocking but not unusual in nigeria,d land of anything goes& every document can b produced.A way to really confirm is for great institutions to b contacted and info sought as per if any person wt d NNPC md's name graduated frm both sch at any point in time;if am not mistaken I think such inquiries are allowed and required info easily divudged.
Re: NNPC Chief Is A Fraud - Fake Credential? by highland(m): 1:28pm On Oct 31, 2011
It may be a crashed program for NNPC personnel and certificate issued.
Re: NNPC Chief Is A Fraud - Fake Credential? by Beaf: 1:28pm On Oct 31, 2011
It is quite possible that those courses have been discontinued or merged or that NNPC has garbled up the mans bio.
Regardless, it MUST be investigated.
Re: NNPC Chief Is A Fraud - Fake Credential? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 31, 2011
chy101:

When will Yorubas stop this barbarism and rascality, this is as a result of this oluwole fake free education given to them by that hack awaloawo. Always giving Nigeria bad records. 
Your father ! How did a kogi indigene suddenly becomes a yoruba ? I'm sure you sicktard didn't even read the article before commenting.stuupid ibo monkey.
Re: NNPC Chief Is A Fraud - Fake Credential? by Beaf: 1:30pm On Oct 31, 2011
highland:

It may be a crashed program for NNPC personnel and certificate issued.

Do such things exist?
Re: NNPC Chief Is A Fraud - Fake Credential? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:33pm On Oct 31, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Must you people politicize every issue to make sense always ? Where did you get this rumour about fashola from even when the guy doesn't even hide it ? There was never any rumour about fashola SAN,it's just one of your conjectures to ridicule the crediblity of the OP thread.nawao

I was just taking pot-jabs knowing that ACN loyalists will notice and get on the defensive grin na monday-morning yabis. Fashola is my guy any day. Fashola for President of Oduduwa Nation grin
Re: NNPC Chief Is A Fraud - Fake Credential? by jmaine: 1:36pm On Oct 31, 2011
auwal87:

I got[b] banned because of posting this truth.[/b]

What happened to the Freedom of Information Act?

Got banned how ?
Re: NNPC Chief Is A Fraud - Fake Credential? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 31, 2011
auwal87:

Austen Oniwon is a fraud!

1. Havard University does not offer any Diploma in Business Management program.

2. Oxford University does not offer any Diploma in Petroleum Management (I confirmed this myself) and their answer was simple "no we do not have any program in Petroleum Management".

http://www.nnpcgroup.com/PublicRelations/NNPCinthenews/tabid/92/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/52/EngrAusten-Oniwon-is-New-GMD-of-NNPC.aspx

Wait a second.
Are you suggesting this fellow (the  Executive Director (Finance and Accounts) at NNPC) has also been telling porkies?

Abdullahi Alhaji Kallamu obtained a B.Sc. (Hons.) Accounting from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria in 1981 and a Postgraduate Diploma in Petroleum Management from Oxford, United Kingdom.
-- [url]http://www.npdc-ng.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=29%3Aabdullahi-kallamu&catid=2%3Apeople&Itemid=9[/url]

Is Alhaji Kallamu the source of this exposé? undecided
Re: NNPC Chief Is A Fraud - Fake Credential? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 31, 2011
On second thoughts, the Alhaji does not specifically mention Oxford University.
Let's see if there are any degree mills in Oxford (there are several, trust me) offering this diploma.
Re: NNPC Chief Is A Fraud - Fake Credential? by Demdem(m): 1:43pm On Oct 31, 2011
This needs to be investigated ooo. Getting "messier". All coming from NNPC, home of corruption
Re: NNPC Chief Is A Fraud - Fake Credential? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 31, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

I was just taking pot-jabs knowing that ACN loyalists will notice and get on the defensive  grin na monday-morning yabis. Fashola is my guy any day. Fashola for President of Oduduwa Nation  grin
I dey feel you jare but you know how some nlers sabi carry rumour about yorubas.Anyways i like this title you gave fashybaba.Eko o ni baje o ! grin grin
Re: NNPC Chief Is A Fraud - Fake Credential? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 31, 2011
Well done@OP

Found it : http://www.oxfordprinceton.com/

Clara Lippert Glenn, President and CEO of The Oxford Princeton Programme, created Princeton Energy Programme in 1992 and PrincetonLive.com in 1999. In 2000 she engineered the merger with The College of Petroleum and Energy Studies, forming The Oxford Princeton Programme, of which she is President. She has provided the vision and leadership behind The Oxford Princeton Programme's innovative and successful approach to interactive professional education, building it into the global leading provider of energy education. She has a master's degree in International Management from the American Graduate School of International Management (Thunderbird), after which she began her career in energy commodity trading at Amerada Hess. During her time at Amerada Hess, and later Total CFP, she came to appreciate the lack of industry training for those in and around commodity trading and operations groups.

This institution has no credible accreditation according to http://www.trademarkia.com/the-oxford-princeton-programme-76200903.html
In other words, it offers non-accredited training programs in the energy and commodities field grin grin grin
Re: NNPC Chief Is A Fraud - Fake Credential? by Uche2005: 1:48pm On Oct 31, 2011
He is Ebiraman.

Engr.Austen Oniwon is New GMD of NNPC
Engineer Austen Olusegun Oniwon was on Monday announced as the new Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC. Engr. Oniwon takes over from Mallam Shehu Ladan.

Until his appointment Oniwon was the Group Executive Director (GED) Refining and Petro-chemicals and also the most senior GED.

Born on 1st April, 1951, Oniwon is an indigene of Okene in Kogi State, North Central Nigeria. He started his working career with the NNPC in 1977 and rose to become Head, Planning of the Warri Refining and Petrochemicals Company in 1987.
Re: NNPC Chief Is A Fraud - Fake Credential? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:53pm On Oct 31, 2011
eGuerrilla:

Well done@OP

Found it : http://www.oxfordprinceton.com/

This institution is has no accreditation according to http://www.trademarkia.com/the-oxford-princeton-programme-76200903.html
In other words, it offers non-accredited training programs in the energy and commodities field grin grin grin

grin grin grin Next Steps - Accuse Oniwon of attending non-accredited courses and using it on his CV grin - NEXT ACCUSER Please!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Supreme Court: Suspense As APC Leaders Wait On Buhari / Danjuma Goje: Why Corruption Charges Against Me Were Withdrawn / 3 More Baptist Students Escape From Bandits’ Den

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.