Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,900 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

EFCC Arraigns Couple, One Other For Fraud - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Arraigns Couple, One Other For Fraud (23332 Views)

EFCC Arraigns Two Chinese Over Illegal Mining Activities (Photo) / Uyo Yahoo School Proprietor Bags 10 Years Jail Term For Fraud / Graphic:young Couple, One Other Killed In Ghastly Powerbike Accident In PH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Arraigns Couple, One Other For Fraud by NaijaCover(m): 2:59pm On Dec 05, 2023
The Enugu Zonal Command of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has arraigned a man Simon Udeani, and his wife, Dorcas before Justice M.G. Umar of the Federal High Court sitting in Enugu.

According to a statement posted on the official handle of the EFCC on Tuesday, they were arraigned on three-count bordering on obtaining the sum of N2,750,000 by false pretences in an alleged land fraud.

One of the charges against the Udeanis read, “That you Udeani Simon Sunday and Udeani Dorcas Amaka, between July 10, 2019 and December 19, 2019 in Enugu, Enugu State, within the jurisdiction of the Federal High Court of Nigeria, with intent to defraud, induced one Onugu Angela Chinyere to deliver to you the sum of N2.7m under the pretence that you would sell to her a plot of land behind Ebenezer Anglican Church, Ala-Uguaji along Enugu/Port Harcourt Road, which pretence you knew to be false and thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 1 (1)(a) of the Advance Fee Fraud and Other Fraud Related Offences Act, 2006 and punishable under section 1 (3) of the same act.”

The statement added that the couple pleaded not guilty to the charges, following which the prosecuting counsel, Nurudeen Ingawa, prayed the court for a trial date, while the defence counsel, E.C. Nwauba Esq made an application for their bail.

Justice Umar granted them bail in the sum of N5 million with one surety in like sum, and the case was adjourned till February 6, 2024.

The statement added that in a separate case, one Johnson Aniekwe was arraigned before Justice Cyprian Ajah of the Enugu State High Court on three-count charges bordering on obtaining N9,170,000 by false pretence, forgery and impersonation.

Aniekwe pleaded not guilty to the charges, upon which prosecuting counsel, Nurudeen Ingawa asked the court for a trial date, while the defence counsel A.G. Anyigo prayed the court to grant the defendant bail.

Justice Ajah granted the bail application and adjourned the case till March 7, 2024.

Source: https://punchng.com/efcc-arraigns-couple-one-other-for-fraud/

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Couple, One Other For Fraud by NaijaCover(m): 2:59pm On Dec 05, 2023
Latest Update Coming From EFFC In ENUGU

DON'T Forget NaijaCovêr Bring This Sad News

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arraigns Couple, One Other For Fraud by madridguy(m): 2:59pm On Dec 05, 2023
lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Couple, One Other For Fraud by NaijaCover(m): 3:00pm On Dec 05, 2023
madridguy:
lipsrsealed

See More Photos @ www.naijàcover. com

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Couple, One Other For Fraud by Jeon(f): 3:04pm On Dec 05, 2023
Chai oyinigbo chukuamaka ☺

undecided

I warned Mrcork, that everyday is for the thief but one-day will surely be for the owner.

Now look what you made yourself.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Arraigns Couple, One Other For Fraud by LeoDeKing: 3:08pm On Dec 05, 2023
Udeani Simon Sunday
Udeani Dorcas Amaka
Johnson Aniekwe

These 3 criminals above have no job other than defrauding people of their hard earned resources.

If you ask them who their choice presidential candidate was, even a pig knows whose name they will mention.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Arraigns Couple, One Other For Fraud by Kellymon(m): 3:09pm On Dec 05, 2023
Too bad
Couples in crime

7 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Couple, One Other For Fraud by Zico5(m): 3:22pm On Dec 05, 2023
I wonder how some people are this money conscious. They destroy their names just to make money. If fraud is the only way to make money, I prefer not to have any. Later they will begin to brag they can feed the whole Nigeria whereas their source of money is fraud.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arraigns Couple, One Other For Fraud by athaboi(f): 3:22pm On Dec 05, 2023
The useless EFCC claimed they don't handle cases less than 50 million naira but here they are meddling into a case of mer 2.7m. check very well you will see that the complainant has a brother working in EFCC! My friend begged them after she wrote a petition against someone but they refused that is less than 50 million. Justice is hard in Nigeria! Very useless state

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EFCC Arraigns Couple, One Other For Fraud by Fosaede: 3:22pm On Dec 05, 2023
Family embarrassment

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Couple, One Other For Fraud by Ekalerdehan: 3:24pm On Dec 05, 2023
I am now sure that Nairaland is promoting threads that put Igbos in a bad light and this is the last time i would comment here.
This stupid website never puts threads of Yoruba drug dealers and fraudsters on the front page. I remember last week a Yoruba couple trended for committing fraud in the tune of billions but when the thread was created on Nairaland, it never made it to the frontpage. But once na Igbo, in a few seconds it is on the front page. SEUN, you are DISGUSTING 🤮

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Arraigns Couple, One Other For Fraud by Hezmatosky: 3:24pm On Dec 05, 2023
Dance of shame sad at this una age
Re: EFCC Arraigns Couple, One Other For Fraud by santaclaws: 3:25pm On Dec 05, 2023
This one is Bonnie and Clyde or should I say Pablo & Pabloess grin

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Couple, One Other For Fraud by NaijaCover(m): 3:26pm On Dec 05, 2023
Jeon:

undecided

I warned Mrcork, that everyday is for the thief but one-day will surely be for the owner.

Are You Shocked Towards NaijaCovêr Update?

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Couple, One Other For Fraud by money121(m): 3:27pm On Dec 05, 2023
Ok
Re: EFCC Arraigns Couple, One Other For Fraud by id4sho(m): 3:28pm On Dec 05, 2023
tongue
Re: EFCC Arraigns Couple, One Other For Fraud by VikingKing: 3:29pm On Dec 05, 2023
When will EFCC arraign Thiefnubuu

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Couple, One Other For Fraud by BadBradley: 3:29pm On Dec 05, 2023
post=127330785:

Source: https://punchng.com/efcc-arraigns-couple-one-other-for-fraud/
Why hasn't Enugu joined Lagos in banning law enforcement from parading suspect to the media?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arraigns Couple, One Other For Fraud by Sayvick(m): 3:31pm On Dec 05, 2023
What fraud has joined together.

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Couple, One Other For Fraud by Moniya4Real(m): 3:31pm On Dec 05, 2023
But why don’t they parade our thieving, convicted politician like this.
Re: EFCC Arraigns Couple, One Other For Fraud by atobs4real(m): 3:31pm On Dec 05, 2023
Like husband like wife.
Both have same quality but one master minder
Re: EFCC Arraigns Couple, One Other For Fraud by VikingKing: 3:32pm On Dec 05, 2023
Jeon:

undecided

So you seff don dey engage in tribalism

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Couple, One Other For Fraud by contentmakerPRO: 3:32pm On Dec 05, 2023
Heee. Madam look be like odogwu, na you say make we use the money do business. See wetin you brought me now, shame.
Jokes apart, they way couple are being arranged for scams now is alarming. Gone are the days where husbands hide everything from the wife, and enter cell, alone, but now, na collabo. Country hard, but don't involve in crimes and out your self in a public shame.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Couple, One Other For Fraud by ATEAMS: 3:32pm On Dec 05, 2023
Normal

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gunmen Kill 28-Year-Old Man In Benue In Broad Daylight (Graphic Photo) / 50 Nigerians Arrested For Internet Fraud, Robbery in Ghana. / 18-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Rescuing His Cow In Jigawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.