Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,606 members, 7,851,064 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:00 PM

Rivers Police Arrest Four Cops For Alleged Kidnapping - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Police Arrest Four Cops For Alleged Kidnapping (294 Views)

Rivers Police Confirm Arrest Of Chinyere Igwe For Vote-Buying (Photos) / Rivers Police Barricade Roads Leading To Stations (Photos) / IGP Redeploys Dandaura Mustapha, Rivers Police Commissioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Police Arrest Four Cops For Alleged Kidnapping by ogododo: 7:45am On Dec 06, 2023
The Rivers State Police Command has confirmed the arrest of four operatives involved in the alleged abduction of a hotel worker in Port Harcourt and consequently demanded a ransom to release him.

The hotel worker simply identified as Darlington was reportedly arrested on his way to work at about 8pm last Friday when the police officers accosted him near Choba in the Obio/Akpor Local Government Area of the state.

Our correspondent gathered that the policemen searched the man’s phone and body, but found nothing incriminating on him.

However, after discovering where the man was working, the policemen reportedly kidnapped him and threatened that they would kill him as they had done to some other victims who refused to cooperate with them in the past.

Meet Ondo Regent Whose Father Reigned For Three Days | Punch
While insisting on the N1m ransom, the operatives had even threatened to throw his body into the Choba River after killing him and tagging him a kidnapper.

The policemen were also said to have tied the man inside a vehicle and patrolled with him until they finally took him to a bush around Aluu in Ikwerre Local Government Area of the state.

Related News
Governorship Election Live Updates
Rivers police arrest 'doctor' for alleged murder, NMA disowns suspect
Rivers police arrest suspected cultists for burying man alive
Suspected cultists kill man after watching football match
But luck ran out of the police officers when the matter was reported to the Divisional Police Officer who disguised and started negotiating the payment of ransom with the rogue officers pretending to be father of the victim.

The DPO then pleaded with them to meet him up at a certain location where he will pay them the N1 million ransom, but on getting there, the DPO and his team disarmed them and arrested them.

The state Commissioner of Police, Olatunji Disu, confirmed the arrest of the officers at an event in Port Harcourt, saying they were in custody.

CP Disu stated, “I heard about that incident on social media, and despite that, I went to town with my officers to work on it.

I’m confirming to you that officers who had contact with that victim have been arrested. I’m waiting for complaints from the victim to know what and what to really look out for.

“The officers are there. We are not hiding anything and when the complaints come we will give you further details on what we have done about it.”

https://punchng.com/rivers-police-arrest-four-cops-for-alleged-kidnapping/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers Police Arrest Four Cops For Alleged Kidnapping by silvoclaira: 7:47am On Dec 06, 2023
undecided
Re: Rivers Police Arrest Four Cops For Alleged Kidnapping by BigBlackPreek(m): 7:49am On Dec 06, 2023
This is serious if the source of the news is authentic

1 Like

Re: Rivers Police Arrest Four Cops For Alleged Kidnapping by yinkus6750(m): 7:54am On Dec 06, 2023
Imagine, POLICE IS YOUR FRIEND o

Some hide under the image of the job to commit serious atrocities.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Police Arrest Four Cops For Alleged Kidnapping by STEWpid(f): 8:04am On Dec 06, 2023
Chai..

Kidnappers,,
Mennappers,,
Womennappers,,

..in uniform!!

Lobatan fun kontiri!!

1 Like

Re: Rivers Police Arrest Four Cops For Alleged Kidnapping by Kingozymandias(m): 8:06am On Dec 06, 2023
Just imagine, waiting for complaints from the victim.. kafirs are the problem of this country.

What is he waiting for ? This shows they were working for him that's why he quickly arrested them so dss doesn't get them and they end up exposing him .

Arrest the dpo and torture the boys far from him they will tell you how.many kidnapping crimes this dpo has benefitted from the Ransome money .

He didn't pretend to be any father to the victim ,he just went to their hideout to arrest them to cover his tracks because. Imagine he said he heard about it on social media and swung into action.

When did police ever become so active ? Kafir are just criminals
Re: Rivers Police Arrest Four Cops For Alleged Kidnapping by Kevinjap: 8:10am On Dec 06, 2023
You don't meat it
Re: Rivers Police Arrest Four Cops For Alleged Kidnapping by SIXTEENTH(m): 8:28am On Dec 06, 2023
What's truly wrong with our security agency, they're the ones that committed crime the most & with the help of their uniforms they usually got away with every crime they commit.

Time shall tell...
Re: Rivers Police Arrest Four Cops For Alleged Kidnapping by portplus: 8:30am On Dec 06, 2023
these policemen have been getting away with this crime for some time now,
My colleague was a victim of this format March 2022.
Re: Rivers Police Arrest Four Cops For Alleged Kidnapping by dangermouse(m): 8:55am On Dec 06, 2023
The kind of scary news coming out of Nigeria is alarming.

Wonder if there is any hope left...
Re: Rivers Police Arrest Four Cops For Alleged Kidnapping by Righthussle: 12:52pm On Dec 06, 2023
When Police officers do good NPF will show their faces but when they do bad NPF will hide their faces.
Re: Rivers Police Arrest Four Cops For Alleged Kidnapping by Ondoterrorist: 12:54pm On Dec 06, 2023
One of them is tsdarkside the Afonjaa officer

Re: Rivers Police Arrest Four Cops For Alleged Kidnapping by LadyRosa2(f): 2:16pm On Dec 06, 2023
I remembered when my former boss had a large amount of money in his car during election. He confessed during a campaign meeting that he while driving, he was more scared of the police.

In his warri accent in a strategic meeting,

" These people for shoot me hey, say na thief I be, carry money eh, Oga, na so my life go just go like that eh"

(1) (Reply)

Shallipoppi Makes Money Rain On His Mother For Singing "Cast" Word For Word / Victory Speech Of Kano State Governor After Victory In Supreme Court Is A Bumb / President Tinubu Suspends All Programmes By NSIPA Over Alleged N44B Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.