Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,851 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? (21970 Views)

How Much Is Your Salary? How Many Months Salary Would Make Up Ur House Rent? / Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? / See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by Victoronah1: 1:08pm On Dec 07, 2023
6ixVille:
Two months is not bad...bt im looking at the opportunity to network in that area because of the calibre of pple there and light never goes off. My 3months salary is me even paying like 1/4 of the total rent. Thanks for ur input
where is this?
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by dannykares: 1:09pm On Dec 07, 2023
According to labour law least anyone can rent an apartment must be 3 month's rent anyhing above that is on yr own risk
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by RichardRexs(m): 1:09pm On Dec 07, 2023
I'm earning about 70k monthly. I intend using 150-200k for an apartment. Is it ok? Currently new in Abuja
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by Gerrard59(m): 1:09pm On Dec 07, 2023
stacyadams:
My guy dey collect 90k salary ,he go rent 2 bedroom flat for Ikeja ,rent don expire him no fit. renew ,them give am notice,he no take am serious,on a good morning Dem throw him things out..now this na person wey dey carry woman almost.. every day like say na curse...u dey owe rent,u still dey carry woman hup han Dan .na that one vex landlord pass..I no dey around I drop key for am make he cum my side ..the werey still carry the same habit come here...my rent don expire ,I don settle half,na the other I dey find ...we suppose split am but him womanizing habit I don change mind...him go soon understand it's cold outside by timaya..some people dey carry woman sha...

Your friend is an irresponsible man. Stay far away from irresponsible people. It can be contagious.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by sammirano: 1:13pm On Dec 07, 2023
The rule of thumb is below 30% of your annual salary.
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by SPAMBOX7: 1:19pm On Dec 07, 2023
6ixVille:
Two months is not bad...bt im looking at the opportunity to network in that area because of the calibre of pple there and light never goes off. My 3months salary is me even paying like 1/4 of the total rent. Thanks for ur input
Lol. Make use of your wisdom bro. Abort that idea asap. Which kind sense be this cheesy
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by OgogoroFreak(m): 1:22pm On Dec 07, 2023
6ixVille:
Planning to get an apartment close to my work and im planning to use to my 3months salary for rent. Is this advisable and economical?
You should be able to earn your house rent in one week.
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by OgogoroFreak(m): 1:27pm On Dec 07, 2023
6ixVille:
remember you'll also pay light bill, lawma bill, security bill etc. Plan wisely.

1 Like

Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by kkash: 1:33pm On Dec 07, 2023
6ixVille:
Dat networking tale is a marketing strategy, d calibre of ppl dat are legit dat u are referring to are hardly around. Business meetings, board of directors meeting, social club meetings, it's only der family dat are usually in d house.....if dats d only reason u have to spend dat amount of money.....reconsider

3 Likes

Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by muyico(m): 1:34pm On Dec 07, 2023
my house rent is 5k monthly my weekly over time is 5k

1 Like

Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by talkwithfobi: 1:37pm On Dec 07, 2023
Your rent shouldn’t be more than 25% of your income. There are others expenses such as clothing, utilities, foods and transportation all there should also be cut to minimum, for you to have viable saving.
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by Cregon: 1:40pm On Dec 07, 2023
BE WISE

A PORTION OF YOUR ONE MONTH SALARY IS ENOUGH!

Anything above that, you are living above the reality of your current financial level.
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by CondemnBattery(f): 1:42pm On Dec 07, 2023
If you spend 2k daily for tfare, that's 44,000, assuming you only go to work 22 times a month.
And 44,000 multiply by 12months will cost you 528,000 per year. Meaning you spent more on tfare than on your sanity.

Makes no economical sense. I used to think this way, but I learnt that "life no too hard"
Oyindamolah:
Okay, salary 100k house 150k
Job location, Victoria Island.
House location, Sangotedo, Awoyaya.

Transportation 2k daily=52k

House at igbo efon, agungi, osapa, ilasan, ologolo and chisco 500-600k
Transport N600 =15k

I don't know but please if you pass mathematics in school you can help
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by CondemnBattery(f): 1:50pm On Dec 07, 2023
I guess you live in the creeks. A portion of your one month salary my foot. In this Nigeria that majority earn 200k below. Be capping rubbish.
Cregon:
BE WISE

A PORTION OF YOUR ONE MONTH SALARY IS ENOUGH!

Anything above that, you are living above the reality of your current financial level.

1 Like

Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by YoungBlackRico(m): 1:51pm On Dec 07, 2023
How many times una want make dem talk this thing? At most 2 months
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by merits(m): 1:51pm On Dec 07, 2023
6ixVille:
Planning to get an apartment close to my work and im planning to use to my 3months salary for rent. Is this advisable and economical?

48 months is okay.
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by Pedrocross4568(m): 1:53pm On Dec 07, 2023
Oyindamolah:

Transport N600 =15k

Option B is why better that option A and you get to enjoy your life in the process by not spending half of time in traffic going and coming from Awoyaya area.

You can even have a enough time to do side runs when you work very close to your office.

Many people don't know this while going for cheaper locations and in the end spends way more.
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by Hezzyluv: 1:58pm On Dec 07, 2023
EngrKemp:

How much is palmpay % so one can explore this ur style.
U get sense well well

15% PA

1 Like

Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by Adlac(m): 2:01pm On Dec 07, 2023
Oyindamolah:

Transport N600 =15k

With this Analysis the two location rank same in relation to transport & House rent.

Choose a less stressful and beautiful environment. Irrespective of the one you chose you will be paying same. Shun those saying 1month or
2Months salary except na village you want live!

Modified; If you earn a reason six figure income 1-2Months Salary will do. But with the above illustration ko le work!

1 Like

Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by Agbolahan94: 2:02pm On Dec 07, 2023
Half month or 1month at worst because others bill can take your life if there is nothing for it to take.
Apparently, food takes 1/3 of the salary
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by Adlac(m): 2:06pm On Dec 07, 2023
talkwithfobi:
Your rent shouldn’t be more than 25% of your income. There are others expenses such as clothing, utilities, foods and transportation all there should also be cut to minimum, for you to have viable saving.

When you talk about Income you have to be specific. Is it Annual income, Monthly or Daily hustle(Side Hustle) Income?

If it tends to be an annual income 0.25% is way too high!
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 2:07pm On Dec 07, 2023
Max 2 months
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by OkoAnike(m): 2:27pm On Dec 07, 2023
6ixVille:
My one month salary for rent can't get me a decent place cry

Ur job doesn't require a decent apartment, hence you don't need to spend the entire month salary for a rent.
What should look decent to you should be what your one month salary can take care.

Don't live the life of another person.

Grow your life, don't spend it before you receive it.

Let live according to our status of income, else you will work for many years and remain in the same point... My penny.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by Connected1: 2:57pm On Dec 07, 2023
OkoAnike:

Ur job doesn't require a decent apartment, hence you don't need to spend the entire month salary for a rent.
What should look decent to you should be what your one month salary can take care.

Don't live the life of another person.

Grow your life, don't spend it before you receive it.

Let live according to our status of income, else you will work for many years and remain in the same point... My penny.
Very valid Sir.

1 Like

Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by OCHKESTINE(m): 3:03pm On Dec 07, 2023
My former boss advised me to get up to 4 months salary apartment for my family.

To be honest, it's the best decision. Whenever I go to my former area to visit, I see how far I have come and understand that raising my kids their would've messed their psych.

But if u are just starting out, 2 months salary is okay, because u need to have rest of mind when u get home and relax well.
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by folake4u(f): 3:12pm On Dec 07, 2023
Your rent should not be more than 2-3 months worth of salary.
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by OvertheTop(m): 3:14pm On Dec 07, 2023
Oyindamolah:

Transport N600 =15k

10 Bags of rice for sale 45k per bag
Location Alimosho Lagos
Call/WhatsApp Mrs Ayeni +234 701 561 5269

Offer last till 8.12.2023

The 2nd one looks Better Economically.
But if the Job is Lost, that Rent can Cause a Heart Attack.

Take the 2nd one BUUUT create SIDE Hustle with the Time and Money you save.
because you will get Home earlier, and Save more Transport Daily!
and HOLD YOU JOB TIGHT!!!

1 Like

Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by OvertheTop(m): 3:17pm On Dec 07, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Personal finance experts believe your rent should not exceed 25% of your total annual income
That's too much o (25% means 3 months' salary)
max should be 2 months salary or Less
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by Neddyogu(m): 3:22pm On Dec 07, 2023
If u can't save up ur rent in two months, u're in the wrong apartment.....or wrong job!

2 Likes

Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by OvertheTop(m): 3:23pm On Dec 07, 2023
post=127361054:
Six Months Salary Is Ok

ahhhhh!, what if you lose the Job? shocked shocked
Na heart Attack be that o.

Please Strategize: i.e change the Job (get higher pay job) or Change the House (get lower rent House)
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by OvertheTop(m): 3:28pm On Dec 07, 2023
zedegit:

You didn't even ask how much is 1 month salary. Can #30 000 rent a house?
Dey play.

guy change the Job or get the House in that Range (Face me Face u of Max 50k/Annum)
this is Reality bro

2 Likes

Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by OvertheTop(m): 3:37pm On Dec 07, 2023
Paramount01:

Leave bonus as how, my salary is 70k my bonus is 10k per month so I should go and rent 149k house?

150k or Less bro. that's the Sad reality.
or Change your Income to be Higher

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is The Best Way To Handle A Randy Boss Without Losing Your Job? / Four Ways To Get The Best Of Your Salary. / Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.