Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,584 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

NJC recommends 11 Justices to the Supreme Court (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NJC recommends 11 Justices to the Supreme Court (Photos) (31189 Views)

Senate Confirms 11 Justices For Supreme Court / NJC Recommends Chukwuma Abosi & Aliyu Musa Liman For Compulsory Retirement / NJC Recommends Onnoghen’s Retirement, Muhammed To Stay As CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NJC recommends 11 Justices to the Supreme Court (Photos) by fergie001: 9:44pm On Dec 06, 2023
Martini2020:

😀 the photo all has the same background..or is it my eyes….? We’re they photoshopped? I am not petty noticing that?😀
Haha, they weren't photoshopped, same happened to me first time.
Re: NJC recommends 11 Justices to the Supreme Court (Photos) by Cjayboy: 10:11pm On Dec 06, 2023
Virtually all the nominated Judges here as priority made it.
Re: NJC recommends 11 Justices to the Supreme Court (Photos) by themanderon: 10:26pm On Dec 06, 2023
They should do away with the those rags on their heads. We should have gone past this stage. Tsamani is being rewarded handsomely for his services.
Re: NJC recommends 11 Justices to the Supreme Court (Photos) by Amah70: 10:30pm On Dec 06, 2023
Bluntemperor:

Your opinions have no relevance to the Law as an ordinary person but the moment you get to Law Courts,some of your naive expressions will be exposed and it's a different ball game entirely!
Court judges in country of learned people would order for repeat of the last presidential election.
But your unlearned judges have chosen a president for your country instead of the electorate.
No shame.
Re: NJC recommends 11 Justices to the Supreme Court (Photos) by JAMO84: 10:30pm On Dec 06, 2023
Racoon:
This crop of judiciary is the worst and corrupt ever seen. You can continue to deceive yourselves
Your candidate didn't give them figures. You won election, but you don't know by what margin. No be juju be dat?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NJC recommends 11 Justices to the Supreme Court (Photos) by jrusky(m): 10:49pm On Dec 06, 2023
EtinosaDLaw:
You mean "INjustices" of Nigeria?

I can see that Tsamani and the gang have been greatly rewarded for their service at the PEPT. Nigeria is truly a tragic comedy, and what those who are benefitting from it today do not understand is that the table can turn tomorrow against them and this cycle will continue. Why can't we do the right thing? Two wrongs never make a right!

Pls what are you complaining about in particular, I want to know?

1 Like

Re: NJC recommends 11 Justices to the Supreme Court (Photos) by Truvelisback(m): 11:35pm On Dec 06, 2023
truthfinder319:
Go and get Education. Not n Peter Obi's children will decend this low

One thing is to get Education another thing is to be wise, honest or learned. I have seen educated fools time without number.
Re: NJC recommends 11 Justices to the Supreme Court (Photos) by garfield1: 11:38pm On Dec 06, 2023
Cjayboy:
Virtually all the nominated Judges here as priority made it.

Mohammed shuaibu missed
Re: NJC recommends 11 Justices to the Supreme Court (Photos) by garfield1: 11:41pm On Dec 06, 2023
themanderon:
They should do away with the those rags on their heads. We should have gone past this stage. Tsamani is being rewarded handsomely for his services.

He is not being rewarded.the head of the pepc usually gets elevated

1 Like

Re: NJC recommends 11 Justices to the Supreme Court (Photos) by fergie001: 11:50pm On Dec 06, 2023
garfield1:

He is not being rewarded.the head of the pepc usually gets elevated
Yea.

Mahmud Mohammed who chaired 1999 was also elevated and later became CJN.

In 2007, Justice Tabai who chaired was elevated infact one week before the judgement. The man who later read the judgement, Fabiyi was also elevated.
2011 was Bayang Akaahs who chaired and was later elevated.
2019 was Mohammed Garba, also elevated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NJC recommends 11 Justices to the Supreme Court (Photos) by garfield1: 11:57pm On Dec 06, 2023
fergie001:

Yea.

Mahmud Mohammed who chaired 1999 was also elevated and later became CJN.

In 2007, Justice Tabai who chaired was elevated infact one week before the judgement. The man who later read the judgement, Fabiyi was also elevated.
2011 was Bayang Akaahs who chaired and was later elevated.
2019 was Mohammed Garba, also elevated.

What of 2003?
What is the fate of sdp now that the petition has been stolen
Re: NJC recommends 11 Justices to the Supreme Court (Photos) by PrinceOfLagos: 12:18am On Dec 07, 2023
WorldRichest:
It won't fly. Too many Igbos there. That was how Mary Odilli was presiding over PDP Versus APC cases. Useless thieves.
poor man, stop hating.
Re: NJC recommends 11 Justices to the Supreme Court (Photos) by Caseless: 2:27am On Dec 07, 2023
EtinosaDLaw:
You mean "INjustices" of Nigeria?

I can see that Tsamani and the gang have been greatly rewarded for their service at the PEPT. Nigeria is truly a tragic comedy, and what those who are benefitting from it today do not understand is that the table can turn tomorrow against them and this cycle will continue. Why can't we do the right thing? Two wrongs never make a right!

The line in bold got me laughing. It's sad though.

Injustice should not be condoned against anyone.
Re: NJC recommends 11 Justices to the Supreme Court (Photos) by Caseless: 2:33am On Dec 07, 2023
garfield1:

What of 2003?
Have you not heard or read statement from the same Tribunal secretary, David Mike and president of the court of appeal that the tribunal has been relocated to Abuja?

Did you hear him say, since police have announced the loss of the petition copies to Bello's thugs, there's no going to be tribunal sitting?

You just support everything because your tribe is the one carrying it out.
Re: NJC recommends 11 Justices to the Supreme Court (Photos) by Caseless: 2:35am On Dec 07, 2023
themanderon:
I hate those things they wear. Lawyers' are more offensive.
Re: NJC recommends 11 Justices to the Supreme Court (Photos) by garfield1: 3:24am On Dec 07, 2023
Caseless:
Have you not heard or read statement from the same Tribunal secretary, David Mike and president of the court of appeal that the tribunal has been relocated to Abuja?

Did you hear him say, since police have announced the loss of the petition copies to Bello's thugs, there's no going to be tribunal sitting?

You just support everything because your tribe is the one carrying it out.

I am not from kogi
Re: NJC recommends 11 Justices to the Supreme Court (Photos) by sweetgala(m): 3:45am On Dec 07, 2023
waledeji:
But they were useful when your Pandora man benefited from the same Supreme Court of technicalities and corruption .

Useless hypocrite

Twice if I may add

1 Like

Re: NJC recommends 11 Justices to the Supreme Court (Photos) by SoNature(m): 4:57am On Dec 07, 2023
Zico5:
At least these people will be happy now. I can see three south east and only one South west.

Oga, there are only two igbo names on that list.
Re: NJC recommends 11 Justices to the Supreme Court (Photos) by 13october: 5:00am On Dec 07, 2023
Zico5:
At least these people will be happy now. I can see three south east and only one South west.
You Gerrit they will be muted now if it was other way round you go hear noise
Re: NJC recommends 11 Justices to the Supreme Court (Photos) by ebenholer2(m): 6:19am On Dec 07, 2023
Atleast we now have a government who is not biased and ethnocentric. That was exactly what we voted for. Unity of Nigerians is of great importance than any other thing. And this has been established through non-nepotistic appointments in place in this government unlike bigot predecessor under the leadership of buhari (the most hated and worst president in the history)
Re: NJC recommends 11 Justices to the Supreme Court (Photos) by ebenholer2(m): 6:22am On Dec 07, 2023
SoNature:

Oga, there are only two igbo names on that list.
having two igbos on that list is a great privilege and so by now they shouldn’t be an ingrate to president BAT
Re: NJC recommends 11 Justices to the Supreme Court (Photos) by SoNature(m): 6:50am On Dec 07, 2023
ebenholer2:

having two igbos on that list is a great privilege and so by now they shouldn’t be an ingrate to president BAT

Stop writing NONSENSE.

The National Judicial Council recommends justices to be Supreme Court justices.

That has nothing to do with Ebola.
Re: NJC recommends 11 Justices to the Supreme Court (Photos) by fergie001: 6:59am On Dec 07, 2023
garfield1:
What of 2003?
The then PCA chaired it... Justice Umaru Abdullahi by name, he is the longest serving.

In 2011, the PCA Ayo Salami also chaired until Jonathan's men discovered he will not be favourable to them and he was replaced with Bayang Akaahs.

This is a new one oooo. I don't even know what to say.
Re: NJC recommends 11 Justices to the Supreme Court (Photos) by ycat: 8:19am On Dec 07, 2023
I hope the list is rejected because of the mago mago on the list. A lot of nerve is when you think you will have 2 or even 3 names from one tiny zone and Yoruba will have 1 or none. Hurry up and play a reverse psychology, I don't give an ant ass behind it.
fergie001:
The Supreme Court of Nigeria as constituted has 10 Judges. If all eleven are confirmed, this will be the first time in the history of the country where the Apex Court will have the full Court (21 Judges) as mandated by law.

Re: NJC recommends 11 Justices to the Supreme Court (Photos) by fergie001: 8:41am On Dec 07, 2023
ycat:
I hope the list is rejected because of the mago mago on the list. A lot nerve is when you think you will have 2 or even 3 names from one tiny zone and Yoruba will have 1 or none. Hurry up and put and play a reverse psychology, I don't give an ant ass behind it.
For the benefit of the explanation, the Apex Court will be having 21. No Zone can have more than 4.

Presently, there are 10 Judges already there. Of the 10, the SW have 3 (including the CJN), NE 3, NW 2, NC 0, SS 2, SE 0. So this 11 is to make up the 10 already there.

Every Zone will have at least 3. Do you understand now?
Re: NJC recommends 11 Justices to the Supreme Court (Photos) by ycat: 8:48am On Dec 07, 2023
I hear you!
fergie001:

For the benefit of the explanation, the Apex Court will be having 21. No Zone can have more than 4.

Presently, there are 10 Judges already there. Of the 10, the SW have 3 (including the CJN), NE 3, NW 2, NC 0, SS 2, SE 0. So this 11 is to make up the 10 already there.

Every Zone will have at least 3. Do you understand now?
Re: NJC recommends 11 Justices to the Supreme Court (Photos) by benqo01(m): 8:57am On Dec 07, 2023
shidof:
I'm not your family member, look for your stupid colleague elsewhere. When the court made Obi the governor in 2006, they were honest and truthful then right. Idiot

You are very Senseless,who is talking about OBI? The judiciary has been compromised we have seen that multiple times and that must be put to a stop

Reason
Re: NJC recommends 11 Justices to the Supreme Court (Photos) by ufuosman(m): 9:04am On Dec 07, 2023
Congrats to them
Re: NJC recommends 11 Justices to the Supreme Court (Photos) by orisa37: 9:28am On Dec 07, 2023
GOOD LUCK JUSTICES.
Re: NJC recommends 11 Justices to the Supreme Court (Photos) by Chiefpriestt: 11:02am On Dec 07, 2023
Ayo25:
Obidenses should quickly save their fotos o against 2027 grin
illiteracy is indeed a disease
Re: NJC recommends 11 Justices to the Supreme Court (Photos) by Chiefpriestt: 11:03am On Dec 07, 2023
waledeji:
But they were useful when your Pandora man benefited from the same Supreme Court of technicalities and corruption .

Useless hypocrite
Don't be a fool
Re: NJC recommends 11 Justices to the Supreme Court (Photos) by Kukutente23: 11:06am On Dec 07, 2023
fergie001:
The then PCA chaired it... Justice Umaru Abdullahi by name, he is the longest serving.

In 2011, the PCA Ayo Salami also chaired until Jonathan's men discovered he will not be favourable to them and he was replaced with Bayang Akaahs.

This is a new one oooo. I don't even know what to say.
Ayo Salami is one of the judges ACN used to infiltrate the judiciary then.
It was because of him that gubernatorial petitions now get to SC and with good reason.
Look at what's happening in Plateau for example.
So if SC stands in the precedence of internal matter, what will be the fate of the Legislature that was sacked by CoA as final arbiter?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Vp Shettima Slams Nigerians For Laughing At Naira's Crisis - (video) / Bigger War Than Boko Haram Looms, Says Ndume / "Stone Us, If We Fail After 2 Years" – Nigerians Remember APC Chieftain Promises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.