Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,034 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Frank Kokori Is Dead - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Frank Kokori Is Dead (27074 Views)

Frank Kokori: Osinbajo Appointed Me NSITF Chairman But Cabal Reversed It / Frank Kokori: How A Powerful Mafia Runs Nigeria – APC Chieftain / Frank Kokori Weeps, Says Ngige Dropping Buhari’s Name To Oppress Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Frank Kokori Is Dead by seunlayi(m): 12:23pm On Dec 07, 2023
What a loss

1 Like

Re: Frank Kokori Is Dead by FireUpNow(m): 12:23pm On Dec 07, 2023
My sincere condolences to his family. One of those who fought tooth and nail for the nascent democracy we have dreamed of but we have crazy fellas in power.

1 Like

Re: Frank Kokori Is Dead by FreeStuffsNG: 12:24pm On Dec 07, 2023
Gistsnaijamedia:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/breaking-ex-nupeng-secretary-frank-kokori-dies-at-80/%3famp
Wow!!!

His Labour constituency abandoned him, even called a strike for Ajaero when Pa Kokori was in critical condition and sadly could not receive optimum support due to the strike but the Elderstatesman, a fighter he is, still made it to 80 before leaving this earth.

Adieu Great Nigerian Patriot! May God console his family and associates. Nigeria just lost a Patriot.

5 Likes

Re: Frank Kokori Is Dead by Winning123: 12:29pm On Dec 07, 2023
ClearFlair:

You cannot deny reality on ground unless there is a mental situation. Well, your case does not interest anyone

You need help. Seek one
Re: Frank Kokori Is Dead by olisefom: 12:29pm On Dec 07, 2023
Haydens:
I don't know why I don't always pity anyone that has headed any agency in Nigeria or any politician, I alway see them as corrupt and soiled human beings.

Not only you.
Re: Frank Kokori Is Dead by Successlane: 12:34pm On Dec 07, 2023
ooohhh!!!!
Re: Frank Kokori Is Dead by Justiceleague1: 12:34pm On Dec 07, 2023
This man suffered a lot almost in vain for Nigerians who still went ahead to bring to power same types of evil people he fought against.
May God rest his soul.

3 Likes

Re: Frank Kokori Is Dead by obinna58(m): 12:35pm On Dec 07, 2023
These evil people shouldn’t be living up to 80yrs
Re: Frank Kokori Is Dead by LowKeyManny: 12:37pm On Dec 07, 2023
And the benefactors of his struggle for democracy did not bat eyelids in his time of distress. This country continues to fail her heroes. RIP sir. I didn't know you at the height of your powers, but from the comments since your death you were a patriot.

2 Likes

Re: Frank Kokori Is Dead by fabolouz1(m): 12:40pm On Dec 07, 2023
He was a thorn in the flesh in abacha dictatorial regime.
A activist in real terms.
May the good Lord gives his family the fortitude to bear his eternal absense.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frank Kokori Is Dead by Sirtee19: 12:44pm On Dec 07, 2023
May God repose his soul. He was a great and vibrant labour union during my university days.
Re: Frank Kokori Is Dead by Agromuda(m): 12:50pm On Dec 07, 2023
May his soul Rest in Peace...!!! DOB turns DOD....

Shey no be say dem go off light for life support machine. Won pa ina shrine niyen oo!!!
Re: Frank Kokori Is Dead by Eriokanmi: 12:51pm On Dec 07, 2023
Haydens:
I don't know why I don't always pity anyone that has headed any agency in Nigeria or any politician, I alway see them as corrupt and soiled human beings.
Kokori, Don etiebet are different. They're great, exceptional Nigerians who deserve to be called elderstatesmen
Re: Frank Kokori Is Dead by delpee(f): 12:53pm On Dec 07, 2023
A great labour leader and fighter for the oppressed. I will always cherish the memories of his courage and selflessness during the struggle for democracy in the early 90s in Nigeria. May his beautiful soul rest in perfect peace.

3 Likes

Re: Frank Kokori Is Dead by sylve11: 12:55pm On Dec 07, 2023
Journey well, Chief Frank Kokori. sad cool

1 Like

Re: Frank Kokori Is Dead by mipeesoft(m): 1:00pm On Dec 07, 2023
He is one of the few true soldiers and defenders of JUNE 12 not the ones who chose to run away during the struggles of JUNE 12 and later came back claiming emilokan grin grin RIP GOOD SOLDIER!!!
Gistsnaijamedia:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/breaking-ex-nupeng-secretary-frank-kokori-dies-at-80/%3famp

1 Like

Re: Frank Kokori Is Dead by ogbonti: 1:03pm On Dec 07, 2023
One thing is sure in life--- after all the lies and praises heaped on evil leaders - when anyone dies, people will say the truth about how they lived their lives, either well or bad- no one here has said Kokori stole from anyone, failed his people, lied to his country men or committed any act of dishonesty... this is the memory and name he has left behind, one of a fighter and crusader for the welfare and development of his people

when the end comes, no one will remember and respect us for how much we stole - or how much propaganda we propagated, but how we touched the lives of others and where we stood when it was inconvenient to speak the truth!

..... Tinubu knows that BUT his evil nature will not allow him to do the right thing, like Abacha, like Buhari, like Tinubu! angry

2 Likes

Re: Frank Kokori Is Dead by WorldRichest: 1:07pm On Dec 07, 2023
A great fighter is gone. A vicious and tireless fighter. If not that he has been sick, Emilokan Tinubu would have brought him back as one of the Non-Executive Director of NNPC because they fought IBB and Abacha together, and Tinubu never ever forgets his old comrades.

However, he must be corrected for saying he was abandoned despite fighting for democracy. Nobody owes you anything. Your generation ran Nigeria into the pit. Saving that you were abandoned is entitlement mentality. You worked in the oil company and you earned very well, you earned more than any sector of the economy. So we expect you to save for the rainy day. If retired primary school teachers can take care of themselves, then you a retired oil worker should be able to take care of yourself.

At 80 years, you have outlived your usefulness, your age mates like Olusegun Obasanjo, Edwin Clarke, Muhammadu Buhari, e.t.c. are all constituting nuisance to the society after looting our treasury. So, greet Sani Abacha for us. Tell him that there is no other father like him who keeps sending money from Hell to his children. So Yorubas are right to say that a dead parent never sleeps (Oku Olomo kii sun)

1 Like

Re: Frank Kokori Is Dead by id911(m): 1:16pm On Dec 07, 2023
He was a soldier in defense of democracy! Chief Kokori and Chief Gani Fawehimi were blessings to this country. Sadly, the youth of today are only interested ass licking just for crumbs instead of coming together to fight for common good like thise courageous men . May God rest tge souls of these two great Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Frank Kokori Is Dead by ChiefS(m): 1:24pm On Dec 07, 2023
santaclaws:
Wow, that's tragic. May God comfort his family.

Tragic at 80 years in Nigeria?
Re: Frank Kokori Is Dead by casualobserver: 1:29pm On Dec 07, 2023
A Great man! It takes balls to take on the military, talk less a man like Abacha. If you were around in 1994 you will understand, if not you can’t especially the way union leaders behave today. To understand what this man did, in my lifetime, only Covid lockdown had had more impact on the country…he shut the country down! Balls!!! Not all this ENDSARS nonsense that became a party and an avenue for looting and violence, he shut down the country without any violence. Nothing was closed but everything was closed. A true union leader not this nonsense from Ajaero.

A hero a patriot, unfortunately Nigeria does not appreciate patriots.

RIP!

2 Likes

Re: Frank Kokori Is Dead by KayB: 1:29pm On Dec 07, 2023
A real braveheart!! One of the real heroes of Nigeria's democracy. REST IN PEACE

1 Like

Re: Frank Kokori Is Dead by breezeng: 1:30pm On Dec 07, 2023
Kokori was a man of honor. RIP sir

1 Like

Re: Frank Kokori Is Dead by Wizuman: 1:38pm On Dec 07, 2023
obinna58:
These evil people shouldn’t be living up to 80yrs

Hmmm! Do u know anything about this man at all?

Better be careful so that words won't stand against u at critical junctions of life!

1 Like

Re: Frank Kokori Is Dead by trappatoni(m): 1:41pm On Dec 07, 2023
He was indeed a great man...one of the few Nigerians my late father admired
Zico5:
I remember this man very well. The man was proactive then as NUPENG secretary. There was no day the newspaper news would not say 'kokori reacts'.

1 Like

Re: Frank Kokori Is Dead by santaclaws: 1:44pm On Dec 07, 2023
ChiefS:

Tragic at 80 years in Nigeria?

No sir, I meant dying on his birthday. Same day they'll be celebrating his posthumous birthday is when they'll be celebrating his passing away, but that's just my opinion though. It might even be a positive sign to some people.

Shalom...
Re: Frank Kokori Is Dead by Decarbonisation: 1:50pm On Dec 07, 2023
RIP Frank Kokori.

Eniyan rere.

1 Like

Re: Frank Kokori Is Dead by XAUBulls: 2:08pm On Dec 07, 2023
Gistsnaijamedia:

Chief Frank Ovie Kokori, the iconic NUPENG boss and fearless pro-democrat during the June 12 struggles against the brutal military dictatorship of the 1990s passed on today at 80 years... The iroko tree has indeed fallen.

This here is one of the TRUE legends of democracy and freedom. I'll never forgot those years of struggles.

#Respects

1 Share

Re: Frank Kokori Is Dead by eepeepook: 2:23pm On Dec 07, 2023
Bye, buddy. You played well with your grandchildren.
Re: Frank Kokori Is Dead by Indispensable85(m): 2:28pm On Dec 07, 2023
Left same day he came
Re: Frank Kokori Is Dead by Faposky95: 2:29pm On Dec 07, 2023
Gistsnaijamedia:

Nigger right there .....
Died while celebrating....wat a way to go.....
NLC phu.....K y'all

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Re-Arrests Femi Fani-Kayode, As Court Adjourns Fraud Trial / Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption / Chief-Of-Army-Staff, Buratai, Visits Troops In Gamboru-Ngala (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.