Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

2023 CAF Player Award: Osimhen, Salah, Hakimi Make Final Three Shortlist - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2023 CAF Player Award: Osimhen, Salah, Hakimi Make Final Three Shortlist (18835 Views)

BREAKING: 2023 CAF Player Award; Osimhen, Salah, Hakimi Make Final Three Shortli / 2019 CAF Awards: Osimhen & Chukwueze Lose Young Player Award To Achraf Hakimi / Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 CAF Player Award: Osimhen, Salah, Hakimi Make Final Three Shortlist by adioolayi(m): 4:41pm On Dec 07, 2023
Sheggy13:

How did Osimhen have a better season that Hakimi. They both won the leagues of their respective clubs. Osimhen and the Nigerian team couldn't even make it to the world cup while Hakimi reached the semi final of the world with Morocco - the first time an African team ever achieved such.

Hakimi was missing in top 10 rated world footballer.... Osimhen made the list ..and settles around 6th in world or so.

Best footballer is always an individual award..we are talking about the overall best African player in the world.

Oshimeh deserves this... anything else na nonsense

2 Likes

Re: 2023 CAF Player Award: Osimhen, Salah, Hakimi Make Final Three Shortlist by IkeIgboNiile(m): 4:54pm On Dec 07, 2023
Victor is the clear favourite to win this award. CAF shouldn't rob him like they robbed Mikel in 2013.
Re: 2023 CAF Player Award: Osimhen, Salah, Hakimi Make Final Three Shortlist by Kingluqman(m): 4:55pm On Dec 07, 2023
jkpbestseries:
lets see how they will rig this one
INEC nor dey grin
Re: 2023 CAF Player Award: Osimhen, Salah, Hakimi Make Final Three Shortlist by yinkeys(m): 5:41pm On Dec 07, 2023
I feel for goalies
They never get to win this award
Yaccine Bonou & Onana

1 Like

Re: 2023 CAF Player Award: Osimhen, Salah, Hakimi Make Final Three Shortlist by yinkeys(m): 5:42pm On Dec 07, 2023
adioolayi:

Hakimi was missing in top 10 rated world footballer.... Osimhen made the list ..and settles around 6th in world or so.

Best footballer is always an individual award..we are talking about the overall best African player in the world.

Oshimeh deserves this... anything else na nonsense
8th
Higher than Nwankwo Kanu 11th in his time

2 Likes

Re: 2023 CAF Player Award: Osimhen, Salah, Hakimi Make Final Three Shortlist by Dennisochampa: 6:06pm On Dec 07, 2023
Oshimen all the way...
If e no win am... Them Rob am....
Re: 2023 CAF Player Award: Osimhen, Salah, Hakimi Make Final Three Shortlist by ogbe88(m): 6:19pm On Dec 07, 2023
robosky02:
2023 CAF Player Award: Osimhen, Salah, Hakimi Make Final Three Shortlist

Super Eagles and Napoli striker, Victor Osimhen, will battle Mohamed Salah of Egypt and Morocco’s Achraf Hakimi for the 2023 CAF Men’s Player of the Year award, Completesports.com reports.

The final three shortlist was announced by CAF on their X handle.

Osimhen is hoping to become the first Nigerian since Nwankwo Kanu in 1999 to win the award.

On Monday in Milan, the 24-year-old was named the Italian Footballers’ Association (AIC) Player of the Year for the 2022/23 Serie A season.

Salah has been a recipient of the award after winning it twice in 2017 and 2018.

For Hakimi, he will become the first Moroccan to win the award after Mustapha Hadji in 1998.

Other Nigerians who made the final shortlist in their different categories include Asisat Oshoala, Deborah Abiodun and Chiamaka Nnadozie.

Oshoala is in the running to defend her Women’s Player of the Year award as she is in the three-player shortlist with Barbara Banda of Zambia and Thembi Kgatlana of South Africa.

Nnadozie is in contention for Goalkeeper of the Year while Abiodun made the final nominee for Women’s Young Player of the Year award.

Earlier CAF shortlisted Nigeria for the 2023 Women’s National Team of the Year alongside Morocco and South Africa.

The winners will be announced on Monday, 11 December in Marrakech, Morocco.

https://www.completesports.com/breaking-2023-caf-player-award-osimhen-salah-hakimi-make-final-three-shortlist/
Hakimi got this one.

No sentiments here, world ppl better wise up.
Re: 2023 CAF Player Award: Osimhen, Salah, Hakimi Make Final Three Shortlist by dejavubobo1(m): 7:02pm On Dec 07, 2023
Haydens:
Salah's performance last season was poor, Hakimi's own was nothing to write home about but Oshimen gave glory to his club so there's high probability that he'll win it, while Hakimi wins the man who saw the future of the year award.

Hakimi brought glory to men by countering his wife's devious move.
Its a world cup year in review. Morroco became the first African nation in semis that counts for Hakimi
Re: 2023 CAF Player Award: Osimhen, Salah, Hakimi Make Final Three Shortlist by charzyh2: 7:35pm On Dec 07, 2023
dejavubobo1:

Its a world cup year in review. Morroco became the first African nation in semis that counts for Hakimi
But Osimhen tops him in FIFA World best.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 CAF Player Award: Osimhen, Salah, Hakimi Make Final Three Shortlist by Hakeem66: 7:45pm On Dec 07, 2023
It's a tricky decision between Hakimi and Osimhen. Osimhen secured the League cup, emerged as the highest goal scorer in Italy, earned the title of Serie A Footballer of the Year, and was ranked 8th best footballer in the world.
On the other hand, Hakimi contributed to Morocco's World Cup qualification and made history by leading them to the semifinals, a first for any African country. Also won the league cup for club.

The World Cup achievement and reaching the semis already give Hakimi a significant advantage. Victor, similarly, clinched the best player in Serie A and the highest goal scorer titles, along with being named the 8th best footballer globally.

Considering how CAF prioritizes such matters, it's likely they will give higher importance to the World Cup achievements as it elevates the continent. While, in my opinion, Victor's individual performance and higher rating make him a strong contender, I predict Hakimi will ultimately win the award.
Re: 2023 CAF Player Award: Osimhen, Salah, Hakimi Make Final Three Shortlist by GreatOchuks: 8:17pm On Dec 07, 2023
The award has been settled already by the Ballon d'or award list , so it's for Victor Osimhen..

There's no way another African will trump the one who finished 8th in the World in general

1 Like

Re: 2023 CAF Player Award: Osimhen, Salah, Hakimi Make Final Three Shortlist by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:00pm On Dec 07, 2023
Why is Buono not among. sad
Re: 2023 CAF Player Award: Osimhen, Salah, Hakimi Make Final Three Shortlist by PHAYOL81: 9:08pm On Dec 07, 2023
With this list, I guess it's OSIMHEN's year . Congrats NIGERIANS in advance
Re: 2023 CAF Player Award: Osimhen, Salah, Hakimi Make Final Three Shortlist by ufuosman(m): 10:14pm On Dec 07, 2023
Victor all the way
Re: 2023 CAF Player Award: Osimhen, Salah, Hakimi Make Final Three Shortlist by robosky02(m): 10:24pm On Dec 07, 2023
dejavubobo1:

Every one is shouting Osimhen

Well I have a little fear

Osimhen won league
Hakimi won league

But Hakimi went to world cup and even reach semi final
But Osimhen no go world cup

And the award will be done on Morocco

Hmmm hope the stage is not set for ojoro

1 Like

Re: 2023 CAF Player Award: Osimhen, Salah, Hakimi Make Final Three Shortlist by wanho: 10:32pm On Dec 07, 2023
Hope what happened in 1998 would not repeat itself. Just asking oh. This one that the event is taking place in Morocco I am sensing home advantage.
Re: 2023 CAF Player Award: Osimhen, Salah, Hakimi Make Final Three Shortlist by Ezechimaobim(m): 3:06am On Dec 08, 2023
OSIMHEN
Re: 2023 CAF Player Award: Osimhen, Salah, Hakimi Make Final Three Shortlist by Princezibk: 3:12am On Dec 08, 2023
You people to go vote #VictirOsimhen ooo 🙏🙏🙏🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬
Re: 2023 CAF Player Award: Osimhen, Salah, Hakimi Make Final Three Shortlist by dejavubobo1(m): 4:11am On Dec 08, 2023
robosky02:

Every one is shouting Osimhen

Well I have a little fear

Osimhen won league
Hakimi won league

But Hakimi went to world cup and even reach semi final
But Osimhen no go world cup

And the award will be done on Morocco

Hmmm hope the stage is not set for ojoro
Some say Osimhen scored lot of goals. Hakimi also had clean sheets for morroco.
Tho I feel Y.bono deserves the shout more. Winning the Europa league with sevilla and doing grt with morroco. All the best to Osimhen.
Re: 2023 CAF Player Award: Osimhen, Salah, Hakimi Make Final Three Shortlist by dejavubobo1(m): 4:14am On Dec 08, 2023
charzyh2:
But Osimhen tops him in FIFA World best.
No. Ballondor (Europe) is diffrent from Fifa the best (World).

1 Like

Re: 2023 CAF Player Award: Osimhen, Salah, Hakimi Make Final Three Shortlist by charzyh2: 4:20am On Dec 08, 2023
dejavubobo1:

No. Ballondor (Europe) is diffrent from Fifa the best (World).
If Balon D'or is only for Europe, Messi wouldn't have smelled top 10.
Re: 2023 CAF Player Award: Osimhen, Salah, Hakimi Make Final Three Shortlist by dejavubobo1(m): 6:53am On Dec 08, 2023
charzyh2:

If Balon D'or is only for Europe, Messi wouldn't have smelled top 10.
Ballondor is for players playing in Europe.
E.g pele will never win ballondor as he never played in Europe. Ballondor covers only players playing in Europe Ucl. UeL & EcL
Re: 2023 CAF Player Award: Osimhen, Salah, Hakimi Make Final Three Shortlist by iyaniwura7nneka: 9:18am On Dec 08, 2023
Looking at their respective national team contribution, sincerely, I don't see anyone thats been outstanding. ...But my footballer Man of the Year remains Ogbon Hakimi aka "I own Nothing"Looking at their respective national team contribution, sincerely, I don't see anyone thats been outstanding. ...But my footballer Man of the Year remains Ogbon Hakimi aka "I own Nothing"...
Re: 2023 CAF Player Award: Osimhen, Salah, Hakimi Make Final Three Shortlist by Princezibk: 10:18am On Dec 08, 2023
dejavubobo1:

story for the gods ! That was a collective performance not individual performance oga. Osimhen all d way 🥇
Re: 2023 CAF Player Award: Osimhen, Salah, Hakimi Make Final Three Shortlist by DlegendofGarden(m): 11:10am On Dec 08, 2023
Osimhen wins it,but remember Hakimi went to the world cup.They eliminated likes of Portugal, Spain,and others

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NFF, Friends Deserted Me During My FIFA Ban - Siasia Narrates Ordeal / London 2012: Nigeria Was Disqualified In 4x400 Women's Relay / Carlo Ancelotti Gets Red Card, Sent Off By Referee In Match(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.