Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,215 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

NFF, Friends Deserted Me During My FIFA Ban - Siasia Narrates Ordeal - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF, Friends Deserted Me During My FIFA Ban - Siasia Narrates Ordeal (18835 Views)

“l Will Be Free From FIFA Ban In 2024 – Samson Siasia / Samson Siasia Begs Nigerians To Help Raise 250,000 Euros To Appeal FIFA Ban / Samson Siasia Reacts To FIFA Ban. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NFF, Friends Deserted Me During My FIFA Ban - Siasia Narrates Ordeal by robosky02(m): 1:22pm On Jun 26, 2021
NFF, Friends Deserted Me During My FIFA Ban -Siasia Narrates Ordeal
Former Super Eagles coach, Samson Siasia has accused the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) and some of his friends who abandoned him during his trying times with the FIFA ban.

Siasia, who recently heaved a sigh of relief after the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) reduced his ban to five years, with a fine of CHF 50,000 (£39,000/$54,000/€45,000) also set aside.

Recall that the former Under-23 coach was sanctioned by world football’s governing body as part of a long-term investigation into match-fixer Wilson Raj Perumal.

Reacting to the latest development, Siaone as he’s fondly called while briefing newsmen in Abuja stated that he was abandoned by those he considered his friends and the NFF.

“Even my close friends abandoned me. Even, for the Legends Game organised by FIFA, I have not been invited again.

“I don’t know what I did to them even when I wasn’t guilty of what I was accused of,” he said.

Read Also: Done Deal: Chuks Aneke Joins Birmingham City On Two-Year Contract

“When the life ban pronouncement was first declared by FIFA, I met with the Minister of Youth and Sports Development who barely resumed office then and briefed him, But all the minister could say was that there was no money.

“But I have invested in human beings in this country by training lots of young players who are stars today.

“How will I fight FIFA? I don’t have that strength, but the government can stand up and stand for me. But everyone left me in the dark,” he said.

An associate of Siasia, Opukiri Jones-Ere, frowned at NFF’s neglect of a man he described as a legend in the country’s Football history.

“It’s very unfortunate that not even a word came from NFF. It’s not just appalling, but disappointing. If Nigerian football authorities can’t come out to say anything, it’s rather regrettable.

“NFF has not come out to say, maybe ‘there’s no money, but we are behind you’ even when the current NFF president is from the same side of the country. Other African nations are watching.

“Instead, in the peak of the trial, even an official vehicle with Siasia was withdrawn from him,” he said.
https://www.completesports.com/nff-friends-deserted-me-during-my-fifa-ban-siasia-narrates-ordeal/

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NFF, Friends Deserted Me During My FIFA Ban - Siasia Narrates Ordeal by fergie001: 1:25pm On Jun 26, 2021
Such Is Life.........

When you find yourself in a fix.....You know your true allies.

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NFF, Friends Deserted Me During My FIFA Ban - Siasia Narrates Ordeal by Freestainworld(m): 1:26pm On Jun 26, 2021
what do you expect from a country governed by a lifeless one.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF, Friends Deserted Me During My FIFA Ban - Siasia Narrates Ordeal by Righteousness2(m): 1:27pm On Jun 26, 2021
even when the current NFF president is from the same side of the country. Other African nations are watching.

“Instead, in the peak of the trial, even an official vehicle with Siasia was withdrawn from him,” he said.

One decision that has helped me in life is never to put my Hope on any human. So I hardly feel disappointed no matter what anyone does.

I am a very friendly person but I have no Friend that can beat his/ her chest to say he knows me or can Predict me.

I Have learnt to Trust GOD only. When I have a need, I Disturb GOD until he solves it for me.
HE never Fails..
HE Alone is the one that never disappoints .

109 Likes 11 Shares

Re: NFF, Friends Deserted Me During My FIFA Ban - Siasia Narrates Ordeal by testimony202: 1:32pm On Jun 26, 2021
should be use to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: NFF, Friends Deserted Me During My FIFA Ban - Siasia Narrates Ordeal by robosky02(m): 1:33pm On Jun 26, 2021
Honestly its a shame when people you work for and with can't stand for you

We all know Siasia as a player and a coach. Infact he hold the record as the only black coach from Africa to win an Olympic bronze medal.

How NFF turned their back is a puzzle till now

2 Nigerians were accused

1. Was seen on Camera taking bribe and was banned Salish Yusuf . NFF stood by him and immediately gave him a new contracts after his ban
2. Siasia WS alleged to have discussed without evidence of taking any bribe. At least the NFF should have quarried the ban to be sure but they turned away.
Amaju would have used his connection with Infantino to probe the ban..... Shame

8 Likes

Re: NFF, Friends Deserted Me During My FIFA Ban - Siasia Narrates Ordeal by RoyalBlu(f): 2:22pm On Jun 26, 2021
Real situations exposes the real and fake people in our lives.

That's how it goes...

We can only get wiser with our experiences.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF, Friends Deserted Me During My FIFA Ban - Siasia Narrates Ordeal by slawormiir: 3:31pm On Jun 26, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright....
That na normal thing

Success got friends and relatives.....but you see that niggar called failure or rather trial and tribulations ain't got nobody

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NFF, Friends Deserted Me During My FIFA Ban - Siasia Narrates Ordeal by TalkTalkTwins(m): 3:32pm On Jun 26, 2021
Sometimes even these big men have entitlement mentalities.
The earlier you understand that no one is owing you, the lesser you make statements like people abandoned you.

Your friends would be big men like you too, who have loans to deal with, maybe bad relationships with their families, couple wahala, business loses, health complications and stuff.
Why would you think they'd dump all those to carry your matter on their heads?

Omo no one owes you anything, not even love, not loyalty.
In the end your family is all you have!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF, Friends Deserted Me During My FIFA Ban - Siasia Narrates Ordeal by MadamVanessa(f): 3:32pm On Jun 26, 2021
Siasia has forgotten that nobody relate or want to be seen with a sinking man.

When he strives to stand up again, they will all start coming closer.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF, Friends Deserted Me During My FIFA Ban - Siasia Narrates Ordeal by Risingblue008(m): 3:32pm On Jun 26, 2021
Before nko!!!
What do you expect them to do?
Nobody loves a broke nigga
grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NFF, Friends Deserted Me During My FIFA Ban - Siasia Narrates Ordeal by iampeterben(m): 3:33pm On Jun 26, 2021
Sorry sir!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NFF, Friends Deserted Me During My FIFA Ban - Siasia Narrates Ordeal by Born2winKingOG: 3:33pm On Jun 26, 2021
Fûckin fixer...
Re: NFF, Friends Deserted Me During My FIFA Ban - Siasia Narrates Ordeal by kenzysmith: 3:34pm On Jun 26, 2021
This guy no get shame he still get mouth to dey talk instead of him to hide his face he still wan blast NFF, when he was the coach of super eagles na so so bench warmers and players from unknown league he dey invite to our national team costing us two nation cup qualifications, Oga did NFF send u to be fixing match? Pls stop disturbing our peace and wait for your 5yrs ban to elapse then u can handle the under20 women team as usual. Wetin match fixers done do my ticket enh lia lia I will never support evil

11 Likes

Re: NFF, Friends Deserted Me During My FIFA Ban - Siasia Narrates Ordeal by Davidonkonsults: 3:34pm On Jun 26, 2021
Did you call them when you were doing your shady arrangements? Omo ale jati jati.

4 Likes

Re: NFF, Friends Deserted Me During My FIFA Ban - Siasia Narrates Ordeal by kenzysmith: 3:35pm On Jun 26, 2021
fergie001:
Such Is Life.........

The money he took from the white dude to fix the match did he share any of his with friends or with the NFF members? Crazy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF, Friends Deserted Me During My FIFA Ban - Siasia Narrates Ordeal by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 26, 2021
You see this life ehn, na "only you and you alone."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF, Friends Deserted Me During My FIFA Ban - Siasia Narrates Ordeal by lagusboyyy(m): 3:35pm On Jun 26, 2021
Such is life.

You only know your true friends when you are in problem, i always laugh at guys that go around with multitude of friends when they are balling, and call them friends.

All of them will desert you when you are in problem.

I only care about those that my death will greatly affect and cause pains, they are my parents and my family.

F**k any other person.

The moment you realize that nobody gives a damn about you in this life, thats the day you emancipate yourself from fake love.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF, Friends Deserted Me During My FIFA Ban - Siasia Narrates Ordeal by SAMTOBIJU(m): 3:35pm On Jun 26, 2021
Too bad. You have really perform well in raising great talent for this country
Re: NFF, Friends Deserted Me During My FIFA Ban - Siasia Narrates Ordeal by spanzed(m): 3:35pm On Jun 26, 2021
Nobody wants to mingle with failure, this life is one funny episode.
Re: NFF, Friends Deserted Me During My FIFA Ban - Siasia Narrates Ordeal by eedimo(m): 3:37pm On Jun 26, 2021
Righteousness2:

One decision that has helped me in life is never my Hope on any human.
I am a very friendly person but I have no Friend that can beat his/ her chest to say he knows me.
I Have learnt to Trust GOD only. HE Alone is the one that never disappoints .
First time I'm realising you gat brains.
Good talk

4 Likes

Re: NFF, Friends Deserted Me During My FIFA Ban - Siasia Narrates Ordeal by anselm791(m): 3:37pm On Jun 26, 2021
fergie001:
Such Is Life.........

Not when you've been accused of fraud by an international association.
They do their homework well before passing judgment.
Re: NFF, Friends Deserted Me During My FIFA Ban - Siasia Narrates Ordeal by eedimo(m): 3:37pm On Jun 26, 2021
If you can't leave your life knowing that you are alone, you are doomed.

1 Like

Re: NFF, Friends Deserted Me During My FIFA Ban - Siasia Narrates Ordeal by valentineuwakwe(m): 3:38pm On Jun 26, 2021
What Do you expect before, that failure will bring you friends or the NFF?

Success only attracts friends and possibly the NFF would come....after the ban expires, get a coaching job quickly and win a trophy that way you will bounce back and be a coach to reckon with.
Re: NFF, Friends Deserted Me During My FIFA Ban - Siasia Narrates Ordeal by stagger: 3:38pm On Jun 26, 2021
I remember watching his exploits with the likes of Andrew Uwe, Monday Odiaka, Augustine Igbinabaro, etc in winning the Tessema Cup in 1985, especially that memorable game where they overturned a 0-3 deficit against Cameroun and won 5-1 in Lagos.

The way Nigeria treats its heroes is most appalling.

5 Likes

Re: NFF, Friends Deserted Me During My FIFA Ban - Siasia Narrates Ordeal by wink2015(m): 3:38pm On Jun 26, 2021
GO HOME AND SIN NO MORE !
Re: NFF, Friends Deserted Me During My FIFA Ban - Siasia Narrates Ordeal by DropsMic(m): 3:39pm On Jun 26, 2021
Normal
Re: NFF, Friends Deserted Me During My FIFA Ban - Siasia Narrates Ordeal by fozapi(m): 3:39pm On Jun 26, 2021
You call them when you day chop the money?

1 Like

Re: NFF, Friends Deserted Me During My FIFA Ban - Siasia Narrates Ordeal by Iceyjayz: 3:39pm On Jun 26, 2021
Have a friend like yomi fabiyi, not those who are after what they will gain from you

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Carlo Ancelotti Gets Red Card, Sent Off By Referee In Match(Photos) / London 2012: Nigeria Was Disqualified In 4x400 Women's Relay / Ronaldo Scores 800th Career Goal As Man Utd Defeats Arsenal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.