Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,501 members, 7,816,191 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Strict Tenancy Agreement With My Tenants - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Strict Tenancy Agreement With My Tenants (159 Views)

My Tenants Refuse To Pay Me / Should I Sign This Tenancy Agreement? / The New Lagos Tenancy Law:who Does It Favour Most? The Lanlord Or The Tenant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Strict Tenancy Agreement With My Tenants by okine4real: 3:56pm On Dec 07, 2023
This is the issue i have with my tenants. When they moved into the house, the tenancy agreement i gave them states yearly tenant, but after their rents expires, they dont pay yearly rent, its either they pay three months rent, or they pay 6 months rent. My issue is this, since their Tenancy agreement states yearly tenant and they pay rent for three months or six months, if am to give this tenants Notice to Quit, can i serve them 3 months Notice to Quit instead of 6 months Notice to Quit? My believe is, since they are not paying yearly rent, they should not be treated by a yearly tenant when issuing Notice to Quit.

Second issue, in my house, every tenant pays a Yearly service charge, tenants either deliberately delay rent and service charge and thereby keep enjoying the benefit of service charge when they are even yet to pay for it. Service charge covers cost like pumping water for the whole year, Purchasing prepaid meter units for pumping water for the whole year, powering the whole security bulbs in the compound for the whole year, sweeping the compound for the whole year, providing generator and fueling the generator for pumping water only for the whole year, also providing an extra pumping machine for the borehole, so that should the submersible inside the borehole gets damaged, the extra pumping machines is used to replace the faulty one at know cost to the house, this are just a few among the items the service cost covers, so am thinking, someone rent expires lets say Jan 2nd, 2024 and even as at March, the person is yet to renew his rent, and also enjoying the benefit of service charge that he/she is yet to pay for. So am thinking what is the best way to handle such tenant? what is that thing i have to disconnect the tenant from, once he fails to pay his service charge? how do i structure my building in such a way that, the moment the tenants rent expires, i disconnect the tenant from the usage from the house facility either manually or automatically.

This are the two issues i have for now
Re: Strict Tenancy Agreement With My Tenants by telkevog(m): 4:16pm On Dec 07, 2023
They are entitled to six months Notice to Quit as contained in the signed Tenancy Agreement, except if the tenant is in arrears already. That you accepted anything less is out of your own liniency and magnanimity, it does not cancel what is agreed in principle.
Re: Strict Tenancy Agreement With My Tenants by okine4real: 4:57pm On Dec 07, 2023
oga lala, pls help move this wahala when dey my head to frony page and 9ja people give me better ideas.

(1) (Reply)

3 Bedroom Flat For Sale / Cement At Affordable Price For Sale / Our Construction Works

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.